The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately even if every penny was put into the cost of living we would still be in a similar position this time next week.
---

The money ‘saved’ from not doing it all wouldn’t filter down to the average person either
But it's just the optics I think. People are struggling to put food on their tables and pay their bills and they're expected to pay for someone to swan around in a golden carriage and get a hat placed on his head.

It doesn't matter if it wouldn't filter down, it just doesn't look terribly good in my opinion.

Reactions: 6
Looked like Harry got his own private car, should’ve been put on a bus and told where to go.

Reactions: 4
I was waiting for the part where KC3 shot ice out of his fingers, ran off in to the woods and sung Let It Go.

I can’t wait to see another matriarch. Between Kate’s glam, Charlotte’s care for her brother and Anne’s feather there is some genius power play going on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Next question ................Will Harry be in the photos & on the balcony or will he hop back on his private jet make to the wife & cry in her arms how mean everyone was to him.
Apparently he won’t be on the balcony but there are 3 balcony appearances -
1. King & Queen
2. + Wales’
3. + all working royals

Reactions: 2
Stats doing the rounds are that £100-150million has been spent, but it will boost the economy by £1bn
I suspect most is probably security.

We pay $200m every 4 years for our inaugurations, give or take.

For that amount of money though y'all deserved more of a show, I think. It's great advertising for the UK and you all do it so well usually - like the funeral was incredible. This? Eh.

Reactions: 6
Next question ................Will Harry be in the photos & on the balcony or will he hop back on his private jet make to the wife & cry in her arms how mean everyone was to him.
Only working royals will be on the balcony so no Harry won't be there

I suspect most is probably security.

We pay $200m every 4 years for our inaugurations, give or take.

For that amount of money though y'all deserved more of a show, I think. It's great advertising for the UK and you all do it so well usually - like the funeral was incredible. This? Eh.
Charles didn’t want too much did he? I read he was against another bank holiday too.

But does it offset the millions spent on them?
yes .......the yearly cost the royal family / household is about £1.30 per person ,,,,,but that is for staff costs up keep for many places & for royal dties The main money the family live off comes from their 2 private estates , the crown estate & the Duchy of Cornwall.
The coronation cost is £1.51 per person .

Reactions: 8
But it's just the optics I think. People are struggling to put food on their tables and pay their bills and they're expected to pay for someone to swan around in a golden carriage and get a hat placed on his head.

It doesn't matter if it wouldn't filter down, it just doesn't look terribly good in my opinion.
That’s for any big or expensive event then? Big football games- £2.5mil at least for a Wembley sell out? 142000 people can go to silverstone for the F1, tickets are £100 at least?
Bands and artists selling tickets for £70 and selling out the O2?
Should they all be contributing to the cost of living crisis?
I understand it’s extremely difficult times for many but won’t be changed by the royal family nor celebrating occasions like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
First time he smiled properly and sincerely to me was when they were giving him 3 cheers in the gardens!

Reactions: 4
Only working Royals get to be on the Balcony and I think it is to be scaled back even more today. Possibly just King and Queen with Prince W and K. It’s already been said he’s to fly back as soon as it’s done for Archie’s birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.