The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gawd, those crowns and robes must be so heavy. Bet they can't wait to take it all off, put on their Asda loungewear and be in front of Sky Sports News for the footie results.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That’s for any big or expensive event then? Big football games- £2.5mil at least for a Wembley sell out? 142000 people can go to silverstone for the F1, tickets are £100 at least?
Bands and artists selling tickets for £70 and selling out the O2?
Should they all be contributing to the cost of living crisis?
I understand it’s extremely difficult times for many but won’t be changed by the royal family nor celebrating occasions like this.
How is paying to attend Silverstone comparable to paying for a coronation event? You don't have to go to Silverstone if you can't afford it, you can't opt out of paying to upkeep the Royal Family.

Reactions: 9
How is paying to attend Silverstone comparable to paying for a coronation event? You don't have to go to Silverstone if you can't afford it, you can't opt out of paying to upkeep the Royal Family.
Well you could not work 😜
It’s less than £2 per taxpayer a year

It was more the thought that the money could be better spent elsewhere. Same goes for any big events is what I was trying to get across.

Reactions: 6
Any little things you (or anyone else here) can reveal on here? I'd be interested to know, but I don't want to buy the book.
Here are some quotes from the book.

‘Then there are the landholdings, extensive and way in excess of what is needed to sustain a constitutional monarchy. The state supports not just Buckingham Palace, but also St James's Palace, the base for the Prince of Wales, Clarence House, Marlborough House Mews, Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle, Frogmore House and Hampton Court Mews, to name but a few. In total, the taxpayer pays for over a hundred buildings, six thousand rooms and twenty acres of roofs. And of course the Oueen owns plenty of private property too, notably Balmoral and Sandringham, both bought with public funds, which also qualify for taxpayer support when they are used for official business.’

‘A particularly unattractive tendency amongst the monarchy is that of self-congratulation, epitomised by the huge numbers of medals every member of the royal family seems to acquire without in most cases experiencing the sort of military action that would justify the awarding of such medals. Prince Charles alone has a choice of thirty-one from which to choose.’

‘The duchy of Cornwall can ignore planning restrictions which apply to everyone else, can create a nuclear explosion without fear of prosecution.’

‘A percentage of the profits of the crown estate go to the Royals each year thanks to a scheme bought in by George Osbourne. From 15%-20%. Charles believes all income from the Crown estates should go to the Royals, not the taxpayers. Estate net worth is estimated at 14.1 billion.’

‘Duchy of Lancaster worth £533.8 million. Those who got their money from the civil list now get it from the DOL - The Queen claims deductible expense and this reduces the amount of tax payable.’

• Angry
Reactions: 8
1 million kids The Prince's Trust has helped since 1976, that's quite amazing.
They helped my younger brother get his first work experience which helped him get his first job! They do wonderful work and I'm very appreciative of the help they provided my brother who was quite work shy and had zero experience before his referral to the Trust.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just a normal weekend for me as I’m working (yay for time and a half on Monday).
I missed them arriving for the ceremony and didn’t pay much attention but enjoyed the parade back to Buckingham Palace, especially as I’m a horsey girl. Also really enjoyed the military cheers. Now to get ready for work…

Reactions: 5
I made me and my partner an afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, scones, crisps and cakes! Obviously with a glass of Prosecco and a cup of tea on the side 🥂

Reactions: 7
I admittedly don’t know anything about horses, but many seem uncomfortable? Trying to walk out of line, etc, I bet all the noise is scary
Horse person here. They'll be really hyped by being around so many other horses as well as everything else going on. Behaving beautifully though as they'll have been trained to cope with anything for years.

My horse this morning was cantering sideways throwing her head about and bouncing like a madwoman, just going down an empty path we take every day... She'd seen a terrifying crisp packet by the hedge. Pretty standard.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
imo it would be a good thing if they had the Lancaster and Cornwall duchies taxed properly.

wow, look at all the people.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.