Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dwight

Chatty Member
Not half as boring as the Syed character. My point stands. Utter outrage if white man being doing Syed voice on television.
Rightly so.

The two are not comparable at all. Please educate yourself on racial sociopolitics. I know you think that you are being "woke" and/or making quite a point but, ironically, you are only highlighting the attitude of white entitlement & being quite ignorant.

You can't say "forget skin colour" when putting on a comedy accent is only deemed offensive in terms of the accent and the skin colour of the person doing it.
As stated already skin colour doesn't determine race. White people can be Bangladeshi. If they speak with the accent or "put it on" it wouldn't be offensive because they are Bangladeshi. Same for anybody else.

I have an Indian friend, who is also Bangladeshi funnily enough, she was born & grew up down south here in England and she is also Scottish on one parent's side. In any given conversation she may switch between a thick Scottish accent to a Bangladeshi accent and a London/Luton accent - all of these are her natural dialects. They may change depending on who she is speaking to or what words she is saying. None of it is offensive because it is her heritage.

I am a northerner, when I was younger I spoke with a heavy scouse accent - it's diminished a bit with age and moving around but it comes back occasionally when I am speaking to people from my hometown or I am excited etc... if I was to start putting on a broadly Indian or thick Scottish accent then yes it would be offensive. The same as if she was to start putting on a thick scouse one; because each others accents are not our part of our own heritages, we have not adopted those accents naturally through heritage or long term exposure, therefore it is offensive to "put them on".

So it would be problematic too for an Indian to do it?
The same applies. India is large country with a variety of accents. Consider how many accents there are in England, India is much larger and the population speak a large variety of languages and dialects, each with differing accents. The same as there is no one sole "English" accent like depicted in American shows and the like, there is no one sole "Indian" accent either. The fact you need this explained to you should tell you that you need to reconsider your thoughts & education on this topic. Please do.

ANYWAY
really torn on who I want to go, not sure Dorothy is worth keeping but would kinda like to see Tally go - would also kinda like to see Tally stay and some shit kick off between her and Manrika over the ratings somehow 🤔😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Why does Manrika think it’s weird that Gemma and Syed might have gotten closer? World doesn’t revolve around you love and neither does The Circle!

rlouisep9

VIP Member
The difference between Tally and Manshreeka starting to show. Whoever said that Manshreeka is the ringleader mean girl was right, Tally seems quite soft
Tally is loud, ditsy and irritates me but I think on the whole she's harmless. Everything Manshreeka does is a manipulative, every message is like "I don't mean a word of this but...."

rlouisep9

VIP Member
I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up.

Hashu is British Bangladeshi and playing his uncle. He's using his uncle's accent because he's playing a character. He's grown up in a British-Bengali household and clearly proud of his heritage and family.

He isn't a white man putting on a Bangladeshi accent and you know this. If that was the case then yeah go off. But this is not what's happening.
"If it was a white man putting on the accent..." reminds me a bit of "if my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bicycle" 😂

• Haha
One of my favourite things is when they get an alert with some kind of announcement and you have Syed shouting OH MY DAIISSSSS. You have Tally’s eyes popping out of her head jumping on the sofa like OHHHHHH MYYYYY GAWDDDDDD ARE YOU JOYKINNNN👀

...and then it just cuts to Vithun sat on sofa and he’ll quietly go ‘oh wow okay’

He has the normal shocked response of someone in that situation because let’s face it the other reactions are just put on for the cameras!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

nolongerlurking

VIP Member
The more I stare at Andy the more I want to marry the shit out of him

Oh my god. No pun intended with the shit part.. totally just realised what I just said 😩🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16