The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So right .....just one person!
Just been on the ABC news site
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...accinated-people-have-died-of-covid/100497770
Sheesh those families.
Here in the UK, I have two friends both of whom have been double jabbed and have also been very careful and they have both had Covid since the second jab.
Yes, I know of two in NSW in the same position still not fully recovered. One said it is like having a car sit on his chest. They would have died if not for the Vacc. I guess my point is to the Premier of our State is - do what you can to try and prevent it coming to our shores. Clean up is worse. Look at the other States. Or Singapore, Thailand etc. Bloody hell - it is worth a shot.

Reactions: 11
What was so important that could not wait a week or so as she has already told us that Nic et family are to visit in October
What does she actually do?

The flogs are so much more bearable when snorty isn't there. Also the fact that some progress was being showed helped
Progress! It felt like reruns. We’ve seen and heard it all before.
How about actually showing us what Cuz is talking about regarding the shutters in the actual room.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I came here for the evasion and gossip the chateau & co provide, and ignore the whole pandemic situation! Would it not be better to have covid-related discussions somewhere else? If I am breaching any rules now, so be it, it was fun as long as it lasted.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What does she actually do?
Travel - away from the HMN. Keeps moving from all the moving parts she needs to supervise. Not her thing - seeing things get papered, painted, erected, covered in toile, hung from the ceiling,decorated, framed, smashed on floors, dug, planted and moved from her eyesight is fabulous. All care (for a vlog) no responsibility. Yes - that is what she does with a cast of many and money in the bank. Amen.

I came here for the evasion and gossip the chateau & co provide, and ignore the whole pandemic situation! Would it not be better to have covid-related discussions somewhere else? If I am breaching any rules now, so be it, it was fun as long as it lasted.
It is just a moment of off topic - scroll. I do that with other posts OT I have nothing to add to. Find it easy to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Clara Burnett you mentioned the boys wanting to avoid "another clash". What was the first one? Or are you refering to the Marie situation.
No, the Frank/Ivo situation. When the homophobic volunteer attacked Frank and he demanded that volunteer should leave, the not so elusive N agreed they should have sent the volunteer away. He was outvoted by SJ and Potty, who backed up IJ's decision of sending Frank and Ivo away instead.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
No, the Frank/Ivo situation. When the homophobic volunteer attacked Frank and he demanded that volunteer should leave, the not so elusive N agreed they should have sent the volunteer away. He was outvoted by SJ and Potty, who backed up IJ's decision of sending Frank and Ivo away instead.
Thankyou @Clara Burnett for clarification. I remember you said Nic's Marie was supportive if Ivo & Frank; did not remember/realise Nic was as well.

Reactions: 16
Our local Safeway store (which is thankfully just 3 blocks away!) has an excellent selection of quite beautiful flowers. Unfortunately they don't ever have whatever those purplish flowers are!!!!
I agree, the white are my favorite and butterflies love them in my garden.

1632918476488.png
fac047c289404caebb338ce210b89da4.jpg

SCABIOSA OR PIN CUSHION
"First-year flowering perennial. Elegant 2½-3½\" blooms with long, clean, wiry stems and good vase life. Perfect for cutting. Seed pods can be used to add whimsy and interest to mixed bouquets. Produces all summer long. Also known as sweet scabious, Caucasian pincushion flower, and perennial Scabiosa. Perennial in Zones 3-7 A delightful and extremely hardy and free flowering white Scabiosa. Also known as the 'pincushion flower,' they will produce frilly flowers all summer long that are attractive

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thankyou @Clara Burnett for clarification. I remember you said Nic's Marie was supportive if Ivo & Frank; did not remember/realise Nic was as well.
Well, he actually wasn't as he showed no backbone in maintaining his position once he was outvoted. It usually goes like that, because somehow Potty and SJ tend to stick together. When the whole homophobic thing reappeared a year later when Frank and Ivo already moved out, after SJ posted about other gay friends being molested and Frank made a sharp comment about her fake outcry, the not so elusive Nic came to her rescue by accusing Frank of cyber bullying SJ, defending their decision of blocking him from all their online pursuits. He will always have her back, even against his own moral beliefs and guidelines. I have always been suspicious as to what SJ has on him that keeps him this loyal...

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
She's sent out a clear message about their relationship with the car. Fillet takes the car, so she needs to hire one because of course he's more than just part of her staff or a volunteer. No public transport for Mummy's little Prince. He'll be grifting for his own car soon ( FRK got one for her "work") so. he'll need a car of his own to pop to and from The Netherlands for his "work." The Gangsta Grannies couldn't stand to think of Fanny's "chosen one" slumming it on the train.
I thought he had his own car when he came back from his visit for family business during lockdown- which is how he managed to bring half the contents of his Grandma's house and her wardrobe with him. Did Mum and Dad take the car away when they came? Perhaps that's why they came and didn't want to be filmed?
He arrived in a car....for sure...they later used it too for chateauxhopping...so i think you are right that his parents came to take away the car...or some accident happened with it...

Reactions: 18
I agree, the white are my favorite and butterflies love them in my garden.

View attachment 786136 View attachment 786192
SCABIOSA OR PIN CUSHION
"First-year flowering perennial. Elegant 2½-3½\" blooms with long, clean, wiry stems and good vase life. Perfect for cutting. Seed pods can be used to add whimsy and interest to mixed bouquets. Produces all summer long. Also known as sweet scabious, Caucasian pincushion flower, and perennial Scabiosa. Perennial in Zones 3-7 A delightful and extremely hardy and free flowering white Scabiosa. Also known as the 'pincushion flower,' they will produce frilly flowers all summer long that are attractive
Thank you so much!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't understand what Stephanie's costume had to do with a Russian evening in honour of Tatyana and a guests birthday? I didn't understand the stuff about an emigre to the US. Everyone else was dressed in Russian style. Why was Stephanie a 2Os flapper?
Because she believes that she is now the reincarnation of a russian grand duchess who had to flew to Paris after the russian revolution... :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Some Superfans already HATE Tatyana (this is only a fragment of comments about her) 😅

indireno
6 hours agoWhen Stephanie is making toast Why can't tatiana just say thank you instead of blankly staring back and then looking at selmar as if she doesn't understand english... I am sorry no matter how "shy" you are.. One can say thank you

That's new !!

Joan M
12 hours agoI think Stephanie has a HUGE crush on Dan the gardner, why else would she jab him so much. Just saying, lol

Hide replies
Miss Michelle
12 hours agoWell he was looking fine in his 2 piece. He is also highly likeable. 😉

Others question our Chatelaine's culture (how dare they ?!) But her Superfans didn't get the message (Anna Karenine NOT Karena !)

Neil Gregg
12 hours agoAnna Karena????

Hide 2 replies
4ever _true
12 hours agoShe is a fictional character but the story is loosely based on a real woman, Anna Stepanovna Pirogova.

11 hours ago (edited)🥰 👍 love Tolstoy and Anna K

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
So why would support squirrel get to drive SJ’s car if all they are is employee/employer? More proof they are involved in some kind of way? 🤢
Can’t wait for Bond 😎 he can shake or stir me any time he likes 😍
In the UK, if you register a car with business insurance, you can name various employees for use.

Alternatively, SS have his own insurance which allows him to drive any car with permission.

On top of that, being 25 or so and likely not having a credit card or at least one with a high limit would make it harder for him to rent a car.

Reactions: 6
The live chat was as bad as the vlog. You can hear the sucking. :sick: Donna Davis Art, Neil Hartley and Brenda M are pouring the Kool-Aide. Did SJ put them on the payroll???

CA Garden @Donna Davis Art Hi! I just visited your online shop! OMG...you're having a sale and Christmas is around the corner. Leggings? Totes? Wall art? There's so much to see and buy! Love it!

Donna Davis Art @CA Garden Thank you, yes using that online company I'm able to get things on all sorts, it's fun Thanks for having a look. Yes the giraffe is from my 'animals in chairs' series that was a blast

Percy Attfield @Donna Davis Art we are both doing well but not kayaking!

Neil Hartley @Percy Attfield there's no point having a beach house if you and Isabelle don't get the kayaks or surfboards outWary of sharks, I suppose...

Donna Davis Art @Neil Hartley that is true @Percy Attfield have you worries of sharks, is that why no kayaking?

Donna Davis Art @Neil Hartley or maybe they are sailing instead, are far superior form of water sport @Percy Attfield

Brenda M @Neil Hartley I was thinking that with @Donna Davis Art out in the kayaks

Percy Attfield not near the sea at present @Neil Hartley @Donna Davis Art . Besides kayaking is not as easy as it would appear

Donna Davis Art @Brenda M did I say hello ? SO many poeple now , its' such a crush in here

Donna Davis Art @Neil Hartley OH yes, it'd be lovely to have a canal boat to glide about in one's home, it's on the 'list'

Neil Hartley @Percy Attfield I've done quite a bit of kayaking and find it much easier than surfing

Donna Davis Art @Percy Attfield I think you need a wider more stable kayak, a big sea going one with a keel you'd be fine

Donna Davis Art SO excited for Phillip I hope he records his adventures

Neil Hartley @I've studied Russian and been to Russia and the food is not the best

Neil Hartley @Gerald Grady I hope to catch up with you when you're back here in France

Gerald Grady That would be great Neil

Donna Davis Art Good night thank you so much @the Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield @isabelle Jarvis @Gerald Grady all

• Haha
  • Wow
Because she believes that she is now the reincarnation of a russian grand duchess who had to flew to Paris after the russian revolution... :eek:
If she claims to be Anastasia then we'll know she's finally flipped.

And now for something completely different :ROFLMAO:
Got any plans for tomorrow?
First come, first served!
I know this is very short notice, especially for those Tattlers living in the colonies :alien: overseas. not in Brexitland.
How about an Invitation (well, if you pay! ;)) to a Supper Club, 30.09., 7 pm?
Tickets are £55 per guest and include your five-course meal and two Sapling cocktails.
It does sound fun! (keep a lookout for the blue van in the courtyard, you might be in luck and meet your favourite chateau-ish vloggerist!)

" Discover a menu of five sustainable dishes that focus on minimising food waste, foraged ingredients, and the art of food preservation and fermentation.
To compliment the food experience, enjoy a Sapling vodka cocktail. Sapling have a passion for spirits and the natural world. For every bottle sold, Sapling plant a tree. They work closely with local councils and building projects following through with their promise, from concept to picking up the shovel!
To complete this experience, expect to find our restaurant transformed into woodland nirvana by floristry expert Marie Wiiks. Think foraged foliage with whimsical twists.
This will be a supper club style event with three long tables."
Well she's getting the work! Her kind of foraged floristry is becoming popular in the UK. Maybe she's going to make a living out of it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Some Superfans already HATE Tatyana (this is only a fragment of comments about her) 😅

indireno
6 hours agoWhen Stephanie is making toast Why can't tatiana just say thank you instead of blankly staring back and then looking at selmar as if she doesn't understand english... I am sorry no matter how "shy" you are.. One can say thank you

That's new !!

Joan M
12 hours agoI think Stephanie has a HUGE crush on Dan the gardner, why else would she jab him so much. Just saying, lol

Hide replies
Miss Michelle
12 hours agoWell he was looking fine in his 2 piece. He is also highly likeable. 😉

Others question our Chatelaine's culture (how dare they ?!) :

Neil Gregg
12 hours agoAnna Karena????

Hide 2 replies
4ever _true
12 hours agoShe is a fictional character but the story is loosely based on a real woman, Anna Stepanovna Pirogova.

11 hours ago (edited)🥰 👍 love Tolstoy and Anna K
Bloody super fans - I am tired and it is time to sleep but the whole Russian theme was for Olive the volunteer not Tatty. Why a welcome party for Tatty should be lumped into that and a guests Birthday would leave me speechless at the end of the table. They are getting stroppy about the wrong issue - Fanny did not give the 'guests' any right of reply. What should they have done? Jump up and sing a Russian folk song and thank everyone for their well wishes? Clearly, Fanny did not handle this well and now this reflects on the people she was supposed to be welcoming - in a flapper dress. It was a vlog patched together in haste.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
[QUOTE="ComtesseRose, post: 6520402, member: 169244"

"Привет. Я Анастасия. У меня есть российский паспорт и яйцо Фаберже."
[/QUOTE]

Я Aлиса. And I have TWO Fabergé eggs! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.