The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In regards to what BJJ is busy doing...
This is not the first time that NDM showcased this production. Funny, in the new info the cast has yet to be announced.

1632932872573.png

LILIES - THE MUSICAL
DECEMBER 2021
A story about silent love and desires, hope and murder in a Canadian male prison in the 1950s, accompanied by a live orchestra.

STORY
In the 1950s, a group of prisoners led by Simon Doucet stage a play in honor of Bishop Jean Bilodeau. Under the guise of 'the last confession', this play appears to be Doucet's admission of guilt, but gradually the story unravels into a truth that the bishop does not want to face...

It is an intriguing story with various themes. It includes the taboo surrounding homosexuality, the problem of young people in adolescence and a plea for equal rights for all. These themes make the musical both timeless and confrontingly topical.

cast
The cast of Lilies will be announced soon.

Below is NDM's IG tagged post from 2019.

66797353_144782769969155_4395516954625860750_n.jpg

JULY 9, 2019

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
comment removed,
There are many threads dealing with the pandemic and vaccine,
Keep it there, report or ignore users derailing.

staff member.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've heard differently lately. Tatty is the one who seems eager to stay for the moment and explore possibilities and Selmar is inclined to leave a.s.a.p. but doesn't want to disappoint her. He knows his welcome has been worn out some time ago.
My thoughts exactly. Tatyana wants to collaborate with her and carve a piece for herself for her future endeavors, just like Shrek and his sewist. She needs Steph's fans. She'll try to stay even without Sillymar.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So Nat will be left behind with Anne Marie, the guy in dinner suit, Tatty and Selmar to run BnB., cooking and cleaning., readying for Celeste. Tatty's big chance to creat a role for herself. She probably woke him up before midday with that cul of tea (refer his vlog).

Reactions: 11
I am feeling a little bit of Bad Karma today in the group…

We should do more hugging NOW!

I just hope it is hugging what’s going on there..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's interesting how prior to chateau life, they lived within their means. They were doing well until they bought the chateau and quit their proper jobs. As much as I frown upon film industry life that I am a part of, if he is a good at what he does, he could go work away (like Dick Strawbridge) and work for a period of time to bring back a chunk of money.......... but that is the life that they were running away from. I don't blame them for wanting a different life and I guess that the chateau was the perfect dream until the pandemic hit, but they still have a mortgage for half ( I believe they said ). Perhaps they should have flipped a couple more homes and built up more equity, chosen not to have (expensive) kids if owing a chateau was that important to them. They have the smarts but even with that, they took a big gamble. It just goes to show that you need some kind of wealth still to own a chateau.
I do really like them but feel like they are going to struggle too.
If I were Nick, I'd probably approach SJ about a buy out from the property, she has sustainable income to repay him for he's initial investment and then some. That place is a bottomless pit in terms of funding and he has a young family where that money could be used elsewhere. Michael is a middle-aged bachelor who doesn't have the same priorities. I would be bowing out at this stage of the arrangement and signalling for a buy out if I were Nick. Your perspective changes over 20 years and it might be a good time for his family to move on to other things rather than deferring to the needs of an ex-girlfriend from two decades ago ......

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There is more chemistry going on between Dan and Amorous than any of the barbuska's in that Shitooo .... I think he's just getting his bearings, give the man some time ..... It's France, they have 34.8 million women and 38% of them are currently single for some if not many reasons. I think his gone there to demonstrate the many ways he can use his wood while also appealing to the largely middle aged/elderly women who view the channel stuck next to their bloated, mono-syllabic, disinterested husbands ...... :unsure: :unsure:
You make assumptions that as a husband I am bloated, monosyllabic and disinterested. 🤣
The Shittoo appears at the moment to appeal more to money grabbing wannabee business owners and purveyors of Tat (as evidenced by the chat and Tat in the Gag)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I think his gone there to demonstrate the many ways he can use his wood while also appealing to the largely middle aged/elderly women who view the channel stuck next to their bloated, mono-syllabic, disinterested husbands ...... :unsure: :unsure:
I'm sure the ladies in question would be very interested in seeing his wood ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
If I were Nick, I'd probably approach SJ about a buy out from the property, she has sustainable income to repay him for he's initial investment and then some. That place is a bottomless pit in terms of funding and he has a young family where that money could be used elsewhere. Michael is a middle-aged bachelor who doesn't have the same priorities. I would be bowing out at this stage of the arrangement and signalling for a buy out if I were Nick. Your perspective changes over 20 years and it might be a good time for his family to move on to other things rather than deferring to the needs of an ex-girlfriend from two decades ago ......
It isn't sustainable income. YouTube monies depend on consistently producing content.
He is the other majority shareholder and who knows how it will pan out.

I'm sure the ladies in question would be very interested in seeing his wood ...
May also appeal to men. We must be inclusive :)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Very true. In retrospect, I think it was especially Frank who was the fragile one. Even though he tends to look stronger, Ivo is a much gentler person. Frank went through a lot of difficult episodes before and had a terrible burn out at some point from which he never truly recovered physically and he was left with a rather low self esteem regarding his capabilities and talents (my imho, based on what I've seen him do and heard him say). Running the shitshow for SJ, taking care of everything for her, probably made him feel in control again. Until he found out he wasn't as SJ/IJ pulled the rug right underneath him. Did they also stay because they got something out of the transactional relationship? Probably. Did they leave when they realized it was no longer worth their sanity? Just as probable.
I believe you've summed it up very accurately, Clara. People like SJ have the empathy chip missing. At core, they see others as simply there to meet their own needs and support the play they write about their own, rather empty lives. They simply can't care in more than an abstract and/or superficial way about others' situations and feelings. They can playact care/love in short, intense bursts when others' eyes are on them.

As a sidebar note, I've heard top experts say that 'narcissism' is a more polite way of describing anti-social personality disorders like sociopathy and psychopathy.

Other experts on primate behaviour tell us that good leaders, the best leaders have one thing in common: they genuinely have empathy. Because possessing and exercising genuine compassion with their people is the best way to create enduring loyalty and amity, to keep the tribe together and functional. The only other way to lead is through fear and the manipulation of others' fears and fragilities. Those manipulated 'tribes' inevitably fall apart and good people get injured, sooner or later.

These fear-evoking people are extremely toxic to people like Frank (whose circumstances and experiences I'd guessed and you've confirmed) and damaging to most of us. But they also thrive on our complaints about them...good or bad, it's all oxygen to them. We're still feeding their need for attention, to be centre of attention.

Best thing to do is 'gray rock' them. Totally ignore them. I really do worry for Frank that he still has so much to say about SJ and what she did. I worry for his emotional health. However negative, this personality type loves the attention, and can - as SJ does - easily turn it around to make out that they're being victimised. Thus wounding genuine victims even more. So people like Frank and Tomas (and all the many others who've been injured and expelled from a narcissist's tribe) are never going to find healing and closure in publicly denouncing these types.

The second best thing is to make fun of them! Perhaps Frank could come to see a way to laugh at the ludicrousness of narcissistic dramas which always lead to failures, and the idiocy of uncaring and cruel behaviours? And understand that, ultimately, their tribes fall apart because they are unable to make bonds of authentic kindness and love. Despite all, I would guess that Frank has a much more authentic, loving and fulfilling life than SJ has or ever will have (and I know how very difficult it is to get to that point of laughter - it's so worth it though.)

As very long term student of why humans do what they do, I find the internet's revelation of the huge range and scope of the scourge of narcissism/psychopathy/sociopathy fascinating and disturbing. (IMHO it's the #1 problem on the planet - for reasons that would fill a dissertation!) I'm very hopeful that it'll help the rest of us to pull the world back into greater harmony and functionality.
Personally, I so appreciate Tattle and all our Tattlers here, because you're smart, you see through these narcissists' toxic games, you're fantastic at making fun of these self-aggrandising idiots! And you care.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I am feeling a little bit of Bad Karma today in the group…

We should do more hugging NOW!

I just hope it is hugging what’s going on there..
Doubt it very much. The last time I visited the zoo, the monkey enjoying pleasuring himself scarred my daughter for life. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Seriously? I think if he had lots of French Patreons, the camera may be pointed his way and be quite fluent - pointing and gesturing with some French in a social interaction is not really the same as he did with Florian.
He's not fluent, but does know conversarional French

Reactions: 1
I've heard differently lately. Tatty is the one who seems eager to stay for the moment and explore possibilities and Selmar is inclined to leave a.s.a.p. but doesn't want to disappoint her. He knows his welcome has been worn out some time ago.

For the same reason she does anything and all: it was given to her. Concerning the cost of the repair: she will never spend a dime of her own on it, but if somebody is willing to donate for this project...please do (not that she's asking, obviously).
TH has a reasonably substantial French chateau section on her Pinterest site. So she's already imbibed that KoolAid.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
If she's REALLY in Brussels .

From now on, I won’t believe one word coming from her mouth (this carte de séjour farce was the very last straw for me) !!
Thank you for cluing us non-Euros in on Brexit/passport permutations we know nothing of. Irish passport, I'm still fanning myself. I'm actually still fanning myself from the real amputation Gen X/millennial British friends, who grew up believing themselves to be Europeans, and planning education and careers to match, felt so sadly when the vote came down.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
HAHAHA

Steph should pay more attention to her REAL trolls than to Tattlers. Found this in her latest vlog's comments section.

Obviously a very angry (and mad) person... who writes with a LOT of grammar mistakes.

Translation : "Madame go back to your country your country has insulted FRANCE" (sic - and without the grammar mistakes).

What does he mean... ? Boris ? Brexit ? The One Hundred Year War ? Joan of Arc ?

Ah I know ! The Chateaux Mafia !! 😅

nicolas gautier
54 minutes ago
madame retourner chez vous votre pays a insulter la FRANCE

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Despite all, I would guess that Frank has a much more authentic, loving and fulfilling life than SJ has or ever will
She surely must realise what a very sad personal situation she is in. She may have money and oodles of possessions and some sycophantic followers but, at the end of the day, she is 45 year old woman who likes dressing up and living a fantasy life in a crumbling chateau. Her partner is an unattractive, possibly gay, man with very little life experience or knowledge, who is young enough to be her son. The other people she lives with are largely unskilled and many of them are drifters with psychological and social issues. Most other people of her age either have all or at least one of the following: a fulfilling and successful career; a loving, mutually satisfying and equal relationship, perhaps with children, and many will have already managed to ensure that they live in a comfortable, harmonious home. She appears to have none of those things but lives in a kind of circus or soap opera. Surely she is intelligent enough to know this and if so, she must be desperately unhappy underneath and therefore living an unfulfilled life of pretence and falsehood. It must be absolutely exhausting to be on stage and acting every single minute of your life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I did tend to prefer the villains in Roger's movies; Christopher Walken and Richard Kiel come to mind.
sorry I almost missed this (was reading the riveting @KiKiGee post of Donna Davis Art, some Neil guy and Percy and dozed off a moment

you are correct you can never go wrong with Walken or Kiel (may Jaws rest in peace)!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.