The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And now for something completely different :ROFLMAO:
Got any plans for tomorrow?
First come, first served!
I know this is very short notice, especially for those Tattlers living in the colonies :alien: overseas. not in Brexitland.
How about an Invitation (well, if you pay! ;)) to a Supper Club, 30.09., 7 pm?
Tickets are £55 per guest and include your five-course meal and two Sapling cocktails.
It does sound fun! (keep a lookout for the blue van in the courtyard, you might be in luck and meet your favourite chateau-ish vloggerist!)

" Discover a menu of five sustainable dishes that focus on minimising food waste, foraged ingredients, and the art of food preservation and fermentation.
To compliment the food experience, enjoy a Sapling vodka cocktail. Sapling have a passion for spirits and the natural world. For every bottle sold, Sapling plant a tree. They work closely with local councils and building projects following through with their promise, from concept to picking up the shovel!
To complete this experience, expect to find our restaurant transformed into woodland nirvana by floristry expert Marie Wiiks. Think foraged foliage with whimsical twists.
This will be a supper club style event with three long tables."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I hope you receive a reply. It would be interesting to see his response. Do you know the cost of this test? I would be happy to pay if I could get of this rock by Christmas.
Was having lunch at a friends place today who is a DR and he said it is $120 a pop - but double vacc from Tas to other States should be no issue once everything opens again. UNLESS we hold restrictions to incoming - they might punish us! He did not hold much hope to my suggestion :-( but...if we do not make a noise who will? When he said we as a State will have to follow other borders opening...I went mad! On behalf of all the other States in our nation locking down their citizens for months on end. Nobody asked them...their leaders just did it. If they can close down to try and contain, can we not at least put measures in place to remain covid free? That is what I asked the Premier. We have a population of over 500,000 - we will be in lockdown till kingdom come, if it takes hold. But it was a mighty long birthday lunch for a friend so we moved to lighter matters!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes, so true but keeping an eye on the Fed Govt mandate all borders to be opened. I (nobody laugh) penned a letter to our Premier this weekto raise my concerns on how they plan to keep us covid free - as we are unique not only in Australia but the world. Suggested Rapid Antigen Testing before flight/setting sail for the isle. It is not fool proof but will detect those with high viral loads. Europe has been doing this since the start of Covid. Apparently this is a costly method. So I guess we wait and see what comes - I await his full reply. I did mention this would be more cost effective than locking down once cases get through. Fully vacc can still have and carry the virus. As we all know. This will be interesting.
Numbers here are rising and .... honestly...... I think so many people are doing sneaky visiting and when they have been tested as Positive - the buggers do not stay home!!!!!
Keep the Apple Island safe !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
PS: Forgot the small print (re: Supper Club with Foraged Food and Flowers)

M A R I E W I I K
All foliage has been foraged locally by floristry expert, Marie Wiik, with flowers grown in Glemsford, Suffolk, by The Suffol k Flower Farm
Follow Marie on social: @mariewiik1
Share your evening on Instagram using the hashtag #chestnutchatter and by tagging us @thenorthgatebury to be in with a chance of winning an
overnight stay at one of our Chestnut inns – someone wins every month!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
@Clara Burnett you mentioned the boys wanting to avoid "another clash". What was the first one? Or are you refering to the Marie situation.

Reactions: 12
Numbers here are rising and .... honestly...... I think so many people are doing sneaky visiting and when they have been tested as Positive - the buggers do not stay home!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Everyday Pekey I watch the news and read these figures and I wait for someone who is covering the news to just say - "being double vacc does not mean immunity to catching covid" Stay at home, you can still get it from another double vacc person and take it home to all those double vacc. in your household. That message they do not push. They push - get the jab so freedoms can happen. Percentages etc. It is a very odd message. The vacc stops people ending up in hospital dying, Unless they have co-morbidities and are frail. Then it still can take them out - quickly. They have not worked the message well and yes, nit wits are still breaking the lockdown rules to make matter worse. I feel for you all in Vic NSW. Do I hope hope we can remain as we have been - but I also know - it takes just one with the Delta strain. I am masking up once they open borders!

You set it up - I just filled the blank 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everyday Pekey I watch the news and read these figures and I wait for someone who is covering the news to just say - "being double vacc does not mean immunity to catching covid" Stay at home, you can still get it from another double vacc person and take it home to all those double vacc. in your household. That message they do not push. They push - get the jab so freedoms can happen. Percentages etc. It is a very odd message. The vacc stops people ending up in hospital dying, Unless they have co-morbidities and are frail. Then it still can take them out - quickly. They have not worked the message well and yes, nit wits are still breaking the lockdown rules to make matter worse. I feel for you all in Vic NSW. Do I hope hope we can remain as we have been - but I also know - it takes just one with the Delta strain. I am masking up once they open borders!
[/QUOTE]
I watch a bloke on You Tube who is sympathetic re the Australian COVID situation. He talks about you quite a bit which drew my attention. Seems to think you'll be one of the later ones out of it. I think he said the UK has to get through the winter and 2023 will be better. He and his wife are well known psychics and he or she drop predictions into the conversation and they come true quite quickly. So I tend to look on their You Tube site for an answer about things rather than read the doom and gloom in the media 👍

Reactions: 3
I did some researches in our Tattle threads.

All the recap about her Irish AND French passports are in the thread #27. (Just click on the Search button on the right top and type Irish passport).

Yes : She's got an Irish passport and a French one too !

What is she on ?? :unsure:
I copy below ONE post about it (out of a dozen):

The Gardener said:
Going back to a previous topic...Why does SJ need an Irish passport as well as British and French please?
She said in a vlog that it was going to take too long to get a French one, so via her paternal grandmother could get an Irish one (ie EU approved). Makes it easy to flit around Europe. British so no issues when she travels to and from London. French one has come through.

Reactions:Clara Burnett, Aquablue, darkone and 2 others

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
From the live chat...

The Chateau Diaries Hello from Brussels everyone! I’ve popped here for a couple of nights to see Nic, Antoine and Marie

The Chateau Diaries @Nic and Marie send their love to you all!

Percy Attfield @the Chateau Diaries best wishes to Nic, Marie & Antoinne.

The Chateau Diaries @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts He’s hoping to come for Halloween, along with Nic & Marie
Has she gone without Snorts? Crisis talk with Nic 🤔

Reactions: 10
Everyday Pekey I watch the news and read these figures and I wait for someone who is covering the news to just say - "being double vacc does not mean immunity to catching covid" Stay at home, you can still get it from another double vacc person and take it home to all those double vacc. in your household.
Here in the UK, I have two friends both of whom have been double jabbed and have also been very careful and they have both had Covid since the second jab.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The TV programme SJ features on is a minor daytime one. It's not so well known even in the UK. Most people I knew have never watched it. The filming has already been completed for the new series which aired yesterday. There's no guarantee that the chateau will be on the next series.
He might want YouTube exposure.
I think he's up for an adventure after all the lockdowns. He's been working for his father's business, recovering from a breakup and probably , he wants a change of scene. He's got the right skills for the renovation work. Cousin Stephanie asked him if he wants work and off he went . The chateau is a party pad after all. Another reason to go.
I have cousins who are builders and I've employed them as I know I can trust them and I get a discount.Nothing unusual in that.
Maybe he already fancied Nati and wanted to get to know her better?
I'm glad he's on the scene, he's easy on the eye, works hard seems like a nice person, he might get that chaotic chateau into shape. I like the budding romance between Nati and Armoury. I wish them both well. He gets on well with Dan, which is great for both of them. Dan seemed a bit isolated from male company, apart from Matt, before Armoury's arrival.
They have change the program name to Cheatux DIY.No strawbridges involved.It was shown in the evening.its been shown at a silly time now in the afternoon!

Reactions: 5
If Ruby is an outdoor/ semi feral cat he won't take kindly to being made into an indoor pet. I know Selmar had him in the van sometimes but he was still free to come and go. Thinking of the cats on the farm I lived on, I tried to make pets of them and got rewarded with scratches. He'd be better off with Selmar, when Selmar leaves for a new camp, so he can remain semi wild and hunt his rodents and birds.
Hi, I understand in the USA or some parts of the world people have only indoor cats. Im in South Africa and only bring my free ranging cat in at night to protect it from other wild creatures. That is what I meant about a loving and caring home, not that Ruby be confined at all. :) I will be more specific in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.