The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Nat will be left behind with Anne Marie, the guy in dinner suit, Tatty and Selmar to run BnB., cooking and cleaning., readying for Celeste. Tatty's big chance to creat a role for herself. She probably woke him up before midday with that cul of tea (refer his vlog).
If SJ has any sense at all she will make herself scarce when Céleste what’s it arrives at the HMN.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
HAHAHA

Steph should pay more attention to her REAL trolls than to Tattlers. Found this in her latest vlogs' comments section.

Obviously a very angry (and mad) person... who writes with a LOT of grammar mistakes.

Translation : "Madame go back to your country your country has insulted FRANCE" (sic - and without the grammar mistakes).

What does he mean... ? Boris ? Brexit ? The One Hundred Year War ? Joan of Arc ?

Ah I know ! The Chateaux Mafia !! 😅

nicolas gautier
54 minutes ago
madame retourner chez vous votre pays a insulter la FRANCE

sounds like Tomas

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
And now for something completely different :ROFLMAO:
Got any plans for tomorrow?
First come, first served!
I know this is very short notice, especially for those Tattlers living in the colonies :alien: overseas. not in Brexitland.
How about an Invitation (well, if you pay! ;)) to a Supper Club, 30.09., 7 pm?
Tickets are £55 per guest and include your five-course meal and two Sapling cocktails.
It does sound fun! (keep a lookout for the blue van in the courtyard, you might be in luck and meet your favourite chateau-ish vloggerist!)

" Discover a menu of five sustainable dishes that focus on minimising food waste, foraged ingredients, and the art of food preservation and fermentation.
To compliment the food experience, enjoy a Sapling vodka cocktail. Sapling have a passion for spirits and the natural world. For every bottle sold, Sapling plant a tree. They work closely with local councils and building projects following through with their promise, from concept to picking up the shovel!
To complete this experience, expect to find our restaurant transformed into woodland nirvana by floristry expert Marie Wiiks. Think foraged foliage with whimsical twists.
This will be a supper club style event with three long tables."
I know I have olde school and also gluttonous ideas about a £55 meal should be. But "minimized waste" makes me think of potato peel canapes. Not to mention the possibly bad jibe with thousands of cut flowers and plants to decorate.
Googling, as M advises, is not too steep for me.
First hit, brocolli stem vinaigrette is a waste-not recipe. I have been eating brocolli stems -- peeled -- all my life, they're the best part of the broc.
It also means eating imperfect fruit and veg rejected by supermarkets, and selling stuff near its sell by date.
So. I learned something.
Why do I think this menu is going to feature way more fermented leftovers than I want to pay to eat?
Actually, the menu sounds thoughtful and charming.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There is more chemistry going on between Dan and Amorous than any of the barbuska's in that Shitooo .... I think he's just getting his bearings, give the man some time ..... It's France, they have 34.8 million women and 38% of them are currently single for some if not many reasons. I think his gone there to demonstrate the many ways he can use his wood while also appealing to the largely middle aged/elderly women who view the channel stuck next to their bloated, mono-syllabic, disinterested husbands ...... :unsure: :unsure:
This sounds strangely rude! 😲

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The world needs more people like Ivo and Frank. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
This has been translated from his IG post.
Ivo_van_woerden
This is Freddy. I found him in the woods today, weakened, covered in flies and with a white crusted edge along his head. Here is the environment there is no such thing as a professional hedgehog shelter or any other shelter for that matter. That's why I took Freddy home in a cardboard box. He popped his nose out of the vent, which was encouraging.
Long live the internet with a thousand and one hedgehog tips, because the white deposit turned out to be about a million maggots that you could try to remove with a lukewarm bath. I also brushed them out of his quills with a dry toothbrush and cotton swabs while Frank renovated our temporary hedgehog shelter in the vegetable garden, still in place from when Eddy ran onto the lawn here on May 26, 2020 as if he'd escaped a torture pit and crashed right outside our door as if he knew he had made it to the first aid post (I didn't remember that date, but sometimes instagram is also a handy diary).
Freddy is now recovering strength at the shelter. A bag of cat food should do wonders (also an internet tip). Later, when he has strengthened a bit, I will fight the maggots again, armed with a bath and toothbrush. With any luck, Freddy will make it. We could still use a snail hunter in the vegetable garden, so if he wants, he can definitely stay.
Now that is true hedgehog love!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I sort of thought there might have been something between Kat and Amorous.
They certainly seem to get on well and even have some chemistry between them. She has a more attractive personality than Natti but I guess he probably wouldn't fancy Cat.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
thread 🧵 title time to vote 🗳
Use emojis

reposting … doesn’t count -

Title thread 🧵Dual ✍
@Gibson @toilingwiththetoile
Thank you for the little cock - it will do for now 19 +1 = 20
Vote 🗳😡 winner

🧵 thread title
@toilingwiththetoile author ✍

vote 🗳❤ 13 + 2 = 15

Title thread 🧵 @chillijam

BJJ...such a half-formed and ineffectual fluff
vote 🗳 👍 14 +5 = 19

Title thread 🧵 @Marquis de Potpourri

Tattlers aren't chickens! Bok bok, witch!
Vote 🗳 😂 13 +3 = 16

title thread 🧵 @wincrasher

A man-bun and a man-bag is too much on any one man
Vote 🗳 🙁 11 + 4 = 15

title thread @Gibson

Maybe Bok Bok b*tch and stitch
Vote 🤢 13

moderator New thread reported

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you for cluing us non-Euros in on Brexit/passport permutations we know nothing of. Irish passport, I'm still fanning myself. I'm actually still fanning myself from the real amputation Gen X/millennial British friends, who grew up believing themselves to be Europeans, and planning education and careers to match, felt so sadly when the vote came down.
I am one of the lucky ones as have an Irish Passport. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.