The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am with you on the Tatty Yana question. Always felt she was/is using Selmar to ingratiate herself at the Chateau and ambitious in wanting to increase her exposure on YouTube, she is without doubt media savvy and intelligent. I don't see any chemistry at all from her with Selmar -however he is clearly keen/desperate. If she has moved into the Chateau then that is a way of keeping her options open, a strategic move more than one of comfort only
I wonder if Tatty is paying for accommodation/food or is she getting it in exchange for volunteering or giving SJ advice about staging events/re-enactments?! By not vetting prospective volunteers and other hangers on and so not finding out just how skilled/useful/psychologically fit they are, she creates millstones round her own neck. Did she research into Selmar's skills/usefulness before he came? That goes for many others too. Then she can't get rid of them for ages. In a way, they are taking her for a ride just as she uses others for her own needs. It seems anyone could tell her anything they make up about their talents/skills and what they pretend to have done in the past and she'd take it all as being true. Maybe it's because she, herself, is economical with the truth and unstable, and sees herself as some shining star that she is decidedly not! Nic may realise what's happening but he does not appear to bother to do anything about it. I bet his Marie could see through all these hangers on were she to vet them before they arrive.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am actually scared for the LaLande habitants - well not so much - they are super excited to meet her - maybe from the safety of the Netherlands. Celeste is the Mary Celeste - a wreck
She is going to be an absolute pain. SJ attracts people like her, She has created her own ship of fools.

I am still obsessing about The Intinerant Florist. Simply because her supplier for the Supper event tomorrow evening at The Northgate in Bury St Edmunds/Suffolk is literally 10 minutes from where we are. (in a HMN :) )
And it's many miles away from Haworth so more driving up and down the land!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am with you on the Tatty Yana question. Always felt she was/is using Selmar to ingratiate herself at the Chateau and ambitious in wanting to increase her exposure on YouTube, she is without doubt media savvy and intelligent. I don't see any chemistry at all from her with Selmar -however he is clearly keen/desperate. If she has moved into the Chateau then that is a way of keeping her options open, a strategic move more than one of comfort only
Has anyone else noticed Selmar's face and look during this "welcome diner" ?

He looked awful, stressed, tense with a hint of anger on his face.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
So did Phillip drive SJ's car to pick up his immune sick friend?
I thought she was anxiety ridden and not immune compromised? She didn't have a problem being in the same room with the Head Yard Bird and being filmed warbling.

• Haha
Thank you for posting this. The biggest take away from it is something we already knew to be true: SJ is advertising her scam by teaching other grifters how to evade taxes. The fleuries might make it sound like they are all above board, but by presenting SJ as the source of their financial planning, we know they have chosen the dark path too.
It's interesting how prior to chateau life, they lived within their means. They were doing well until they bought the chateau and quit their proper jobs. As much as I frown upon film industry life that I am a part of, if he is a good at what he does, he could go work away (like Dick Strawbridge) and work for a period of time to bring back a chunk of money.......... but that is the life that they were running away from. I don't blame them for wanting a different life and I guess that the chateau was the perfect dream until the pandemic hit, but they still have a mortgage for half ( I believe they said ). Perhaps they should have flipped a couple more homes and built up more equity, chosen not to have (expensive) kids if owing a chateau was that important to them. They have the smarts but even with that, they took a big gamble. It just goes to show that you need some kind of wealth still to own a chateau.
I do really like them but feel like they are going to struggle too.

• Heart
It will be interesting to see how this goes. Not only for SJ but also for Anna and Ed.
Again, from the live chat...

CĂ©leste R Has anyone seen Justine Lord? She awas askign after my book and didn't see that I posted links twice!!
CĂ©leste R @jetje goes dutch did you see my latest video?
CĂ©leste R Thursday NEXT WEEK!!

CĂ©leste R
ÂŁ10.00
Next Thursday, not Tuesday is when I am at LALANDE

The Chateau Diaries @CĂ©leste R I’m super excited to meet you!
CĂ©leste R@The Chateau Diaries the feeling is MUTUAL
Laura Claudia @CĂ©leste R how exciting! you must be over the moon! I hope we will see you in one of the vlogs
CĂ©leste R @Laura Claudia that is Stephanies decision. I defo will want to shoot stuff for my Trade Mark Channel here on YT GRAND IPR the Empress Of Trade Marks - please subscribe
CĂ©leste R @Laura Claudia Oh, great thank you. What are you interested in dear? Can you find my channel? If not find the non branded one, I have links on that to
CĂ©leste R @Laura Claudia THANK YOU! Plenty of Trade Mark Platinum nuggets on it and will provide MORE

GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade MarksI shall have to rewatch after @Bordeaux Life s vlog
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks@The Chateau Diaries I am here from my business profile - Still CĂ©leste

GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks
ÂŁ10.00
To friendships

The Chateau Diaries @GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Thank you! That’s quite a glorious new name you’ve got!
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @the Chateau Diaries business channel
Blooming ‘eck, that woman is relentless!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

@26:54 in the vlog, Selmar and Tatty are whispering to each other right before SJ's toast. I wonder what they were discussing???

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Quite agree, and we have had many deaths in SA from the double jab. Keep Betadine at hand ( provodone iodine ) dilute and gargle and swab inside the nose - trials have shown it to successfully kill virus etc., Also if you can keep some IVERMECTIN handy. Check out FLCCC website for dosages etc.,
Right....I'm not one to report posts but this BS really warranted it. Ivermectin is a HORSE DEWORMER and only a true idiot would dose themselves with it. Betadine is an EXTERNAL antiseptic. For use primarily on skin prior to surgical incision.
You are knowingly spreading misinformation and potentially hazardous info. Stop being stupid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Much like any corporate restructure he can sense a transition, and it might not be in his best interests. He's been a jack of all trades for a long time on the 'provincial farmhouse', gardener, carpenter, plumber, electrician, dance instructor and while this met the means at the time, SJ now has a small business income approaching 60K - 70K + a month just based on Patreon accounts, including income from the BnB and Youtube which is enough to sustain professionals in each area. He's also pivoting off and doing he's own thing, and I suspect he's looking for his own project to manage and work on, nothing is permanent in the field of social media or in just in general in the current pandemic employment environment. I wish him well, he did a lot of preliminary work on the estate which worked with what they had at the time, but the 'disorganisation' is at a different level now.

I welcome Nick coming down, he seems to have some sound logistic sense even if he has a paper bag over his head when the camera is focused on him. Planning and business management is not SJ's strength by any means and at this stage there needs to be. I think we've all invested too much time in this project/vlog/channel to not stay tuned in with its unfolding developments and passive-aggressive drama.

There is human grade Ivermectin. The Indian govt has included it in their take home Covid kits. India has recovered surprisingly well. See video below from Dr John Campbell.

Ummm not really of you look at the statistics, they currently have 282,490 active cases. Ivermectin is used in humans to treat parasites such as lice and the worms that cause river blindness and is not a vaccine and this is false medical information. At this time, we should not be deferring to 'fringe' medical advice or theories and this seems out of place considering the subject matter of this feed.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 10.58.12 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
There is human grade Ivermectin. The Indian govt has included it in their take home Covid kits. India has recovered surprisingly well. See video below from Dr John Campbell.

Once again, IVERMECTIN is a DEWORMER. The covid virus....is a VIRUS.
For anyone considering using a dewormer to fight a virus, please make an appointment to discuss this with your local GP.
FFS đŸ€Šâ€â™€ïž

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
No, the Frank/Ivo situation. When the homophobic volunteer attacked Frank and he demanded that volunteer should leave, the not so elusive N agreed they should have sent the volunteer away. He was outvoted by SJ and Potty, who backed up IJ's decision of sending Frank and Ivo away instead.
Was there anything special about the volunteer?Weren't Ivo and Frank more useful to Sj?

Reactions: 2
I understand more and more why Nic demanded to be incognito, via disguise or off camera. Would any of us really want to be associated with SJ etc through searchable video and pictures? I think not.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I sort of thought there might have been something between Kat and Amorous. Did anyone see when SJ came into the new workshop and they quickly stepped away from each other looking guilty and they were sitting together at the birthday/welcome dinner, and travelled to the Versaille ball to get costumes together

Reactions: 8
Very true. In retrospect, I think it was especially Frank who was the fragile one. Even though he tends to look stronger, Ivo is a much gentler person. Frank went through a lot of difficult episodes before and had a terrible burn out at some point from which he never truly recovered physically and he was left with a rather low self esteem regarding his capabilities and talents (my imho, based on what I've seen him do and heard him say). Running the shitshow for SJ, taking care of everything for her, probably made him feel in control again. Until he found out he wasn't as SJ/IJ pulled the rug right underneath him. Did they also stay because they got something out of the transactional relationship? Probably. Did they leave when they realized it was no longer worth their sanity? Just as probable.
You described the mechanism well. Phyllis, a very feminine boy who was most probably bullied at school and never taken seriously, suddenly lifted to a pedestal, will also crash and burn when he realizes he was never respected for anything he's done for her and the rug will be pulled under his feet without empathy or sense of loyalty just because he dared to confront her or hold her accountable for her own words. As long as he unconditionally worships the ground she walks on everything will be fine. If not. Bye! She can set her own tables.

I believe what irritates us in Phyllis is we can't see his role in the chateau. He seems to be useless. He holds the most important job there, he's the primary source of adoration for the narcissist. Now when the balance have changed and Nutty and Selmar no longer give her so much attention, she needs more from him. We'll see if the hot'n cold treatment begins. She might need tears to prove she's adored enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I sort of thought there might have been something between Kat and Amorous. Did anyone see when SJ came into the new workshop and they quickly stepped away from each other looking guilty and they were sitting together at the birthday/welcome dinner, and travelled to the Versaille ball to get costumes together
There is more chemistry going on between Dan and Amorous than any of the barbuska's in that Shitooo .... I think he's just getting his bearings, give the man some time ..... It's France, they have 34.8 million women and 38% of them are currently single for some if not many reasons. I think his gone there to demonstrate the many ways he can use his wood while also appealing to the largely middle aged/elderly women who view the channel stuck next to their bloated, mono-syllabic, disinterested husbands ...... :unsure: :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.