Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
The appalling scenes about food poisoning in last night's vlog. So unprofessional in front of guests.
Yes, the teasing of Dan in the kitchen is typical of British humour, and we enjoy the banter,. I've worked in kitchens, it's typical workplace humour. British humour is mostly based on sarcasm. A lot of people don't get it and think it's bullying, but it's based on being as creative, humorous and outrageous as possible with insults. The person recieving the banter responds in equal measure and everyone enjoys themselves. It's usually only done with people you have a great relationship with, love and respect. If you don't like someone, or don't know them well, or they are very sensitive, going through an emotional time, you wouldn't do it as it would then be bullying.
However, it was appalling to carry it on in front of the guests. Not professional. You do not expect jokes about food poisoning when you are eating a meal. It's not done. Extremely rude. It's juvenile behaviour.
Poor Dan went along with the joke, but he must have been mortified, though being British he wouldn't admit it. I wonder if he'll
find excuses next time they ask him.
Was Stephanie drunk? Was Philip the instigator?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Espe

VIP Member
She had a nerve to suggest Dan might be late on the evening when he was cooking. Has she ever turned up on time for anything at all ever? Dan is far more responsible and punctual than she will ever be!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

cosette

If Mojo doesn't mind I can give you a bit of info. The Republic of Ireland passed out the UK last weekend with over 72.4% of the population double vaccinated. Also for the first time last weekend we opened 30 vaccine centres around the country for drop ins - up until then it was by appointment only; register on hub and text appointment notice received, which can be deferred if date doesn't suit. The attendance at the drop ins was brilliant. Mostly 16 & 17 year olds who got Pfizer. Pharmacies have been giving that age group Jansen also. The centres opened at 8am and the queuing started at 6am (credit to the kids who got up so early on a bank holiday weekend). I volunteer at a centre and we should see 2500 people daily who have been given appointments but some days we get poor turn out - sometimes down near 50% - some of these have been given 10 previous appointments. This results in registration and vaccination staff waiting around but costing the country (tax payer) and meanwhile others still waiting for theirs. I believe some centres are opening up for drop ins again this weekend.
Not sure what is right anymore. One of my best friends, since we were 16, had her 2nd. Shot...and it is going very, very bad for her.
I am scared af for, just found out. She has a developmentally disabled son, and he is totally dependent on her. She may not make it.
I am praying hard right now...

• Sad
  • Heart

JackSpratt

VIP Member
Right, I've been brave enough to make a comment at long last. Found Tattle like so many others after watching the CD back last year while in lockdown here in France and enjoyed it to begin with and then began to realise it's a friggn mad house. So much of how that place is run gives me flashbacks of a Chateau I worked at a few years back, skanky kitchen, woodrot, jobs started and never finished and a 'chatelaine' totally out of touch with reality. Makes me shudder. So, Fanny's off to Tuscany and visiting Cortona. Have been there several times as my bestie lives about 30 min away. There are two overpriced antique/brocante shops that I know of, what's the betting more crap comes back. She'll have to sleep for a month as it's one hell of a long drive, having done it myself.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I think the whole world knows exactly where to take their rubbish, knowing it will be welcomed with open arms, regardless of how tasteless and tacky it might be!
You are so right about that. What the whole world doesn't know is that she's only welcoming the tat ON camera. Most of the stuff she is showing in her vlogs goes straight into the garbage afterwards. She used to have normal sized bins at her shitshow, but since she started the grifting that has changed. My eyes and ears have seen the big containers they use now and even they aren't big enough: on collection day the tat is piled up next to them on the street.

• Wow
  • Haha

Espe

VIP Member
The title of the Success Stories' vlog about Marie: "The chateau who changed my life"! Marie: a chateau is not a person but perhaps you didn't realise that! It's a good job you are not paying your editor as she certainly needs to improve her editing of your written English. You both need a course in English grammar and spelling judging by all the very basic errors; it looks so unprofessional!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

OneMoonbeam

Chatty Member
For a woman who'll drop €1500 on a Thermomix and €200 for a Smeg kettle, that kitchen is really under equipped. At the very least, ask Dan for a basic list of supplies. No one wants blue shutter paint on their dessert glaze.

• Haha

Lieileen

SO, THE IMMOUNOCOMPROMISED FRIEND DID THE MEET AND GREET AT LALANDE. WAY TO GO MORONS!!! WE WILL NEVER BE FREE OF COVID, WITH IDIOTS IN THE WORLD!!!!
View attachment 696564
maaikrophone

Pretty much sums up this past week with @philipjanssen
Can't believe how much I miss you already!
I may or may not have cried as you left...
(Def. Not still crying. Shut up)

Im the luckiest person to have you as my best friend. You literally drove hours to come and get me (and Audrey), after quarantining yourself so I was actually able to go on a safe holiday. I am forever grateful. You can't imagine what that means to me.

And to have been to @chateaudelalande is literally a dream come true.
One of the most beautiful places I've ever been, with the kindest people ever. Who would have thought I'd meet new (amazing) people during this year? (@fat_girl_on_a_bike
!)

Philip, you are truly one of the best, most loving and kind souls I know. Can't wait to see you again, hopefully very very soon! 🧡🧡

Lekker bellen naar 'Horoscope met Joke en Johan', roekoeee 🐦
1h
As someone who is actually immunocompromised, I’d hit the roof if a friend told me they were self-isolating for my protection and I then saw them on camera like Phillip has been.

Idiots.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
BJJ's isolation is the biggest joke on Chateau Diaries since SJ's illness.
Except it's no joke, at all. With his reckless and careless behavior he is making a mockery of people who do take this disease serious. I thoroughly hope it will open the eyes of some of the superfans, it's about time they realize it's not all love and laughter at the HMN, it's grab and grifting and all strategies are allowed, even stupid negligence and ignorance.

As someone who is actually immunocompromised, I’d hit the roof if a friend told me they were self-isolating for my protection and I then saw them on camera like Phillip has been.

Idiots.
Hear hear. But with all their laugh and laughter they will probably argue they mean well, that is what counts. No, you morons, responsible behavior counts and is what will eventually get us all out of this mess, no thanks to you lot. There really are no more excuses for their stupidity.

I don't know. I found the whole thing about mentioning her father, and the last ever CD she bought, and finally got a "private" concert (Gurl, it was a rehearsal!) somewhat perverse.
I know SJ exploits everything (e.g. the candle in the church, the peachick), but moments like these would be something I would keep private, or at least try to humble down, if I shared them.
My feelings exactly. This was the sequel to the -grief-and-cry-in-the-church misery she put out a few weeks ago, which landed her so much praise and comfort from her super fans. Snorty wheeling his grandfather into every sentence is for exactly the same reason, it's just obscene and perverse, you are so right about that. You can see their thoughts of money shining through their fake sobbing.

Last edited:
  • Heart

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
💫💫💫💫
50th Thread 🧵- Congratulations Tattlers

Her laziness is Spreading Quicker than the Delta Variant.

Honourable mention to @Pno - From thread 1 to 50

Chatty Member
Joined Oct 7, 2020:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m
(tried to check all listed as been present on thread 1)
@ChocLili @SableOnBlonde @witchgrass @Hemerocallis @Definitely Maybe @Raspberrybrulee @Rory
@pettyicequeen @frenchessence @Takeaway @NotAChatelaine @La Brocanteuse @chilijam

:m:m:m:m:m

As its Our 50th thread ....flashback Thread 1 ....Post 1 ....How Very Apt....
pettyicequeen

Sep 1, 2020

I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others.

Reactions:You, Lalisa_mb, joanofbark and 11 others

Joined Sep 29, 2020

Messages408

Most Liked most previous Thread #49 🧵

Mummy Dearest
Well-known member :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

Sunday at 11:46 PM

Button up your three piece suit, polish your loafers, or throw on your favorite Vivienne Westwood….We’re going to a flea market in Le Mans!

In today’s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, we’ve got a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocketbook and we are going to spend, spend, spend!!!

It’s an early morning start with Philip and Stephie, the sun barely making it’s way over the horizon. A sight Lalalanders have read about in books, but didn’t know actually existed. For years, the sun at LaLande was directly above them when they awoke from their nightly slumber, as they get ready for their morning ritual. It’s confused Steph for a decade. The morning dawn, (and George and Sarah’s van) continue guiding them through town as Staphanny shares what she hopes to find today…We are looking for something that makes a statement, so keep your eyes peeled folks, that mean ‘tacky’ and yellow in Stephanese. Perhaps some bedside tables and an over mantle mirror for her bedroom or study, you know, stuff we put up before the rooms are finished, because at LaLande it’s not considered work if we don’t do it twice.

Fanny takes time to make a special announcement, “All of the Patron money that comes in for the chateau is used for the restoration and renovation of LaLande, so it doesn’t cover furniture. Which means I set aside part of my You Tube ad revenue every month so that when things happen, I can start to make the inside of LaLande look like a chateau.” Well there you go. Apparently Stephaneee has been living in a barn for the last 14 years, and has just had the epiphany that it’s not shatooey enough, antique furniture should sort out her dilemma. Thank goodness for ad revenue, because without it she might still be sleeping in the stable, with only the hay to keep the nightly chill away.

We finally make it to the flea market…oh, sorry, antiques fair, and park the van. Sarah pops out of her purple van to greet us. Everyone is ready to throw down some cash and fill vans to the brim with French antiques. We flashback to our stay with George and Sarah weeks ago, as Steph gets a jump start on the rest of us by taking the opportunity to go shopping in their barn. They run a small black market brocante on their property and specialize in hideous chairs. You and I both know Fanny can’t say no to an ugly chair, so she buys six of them, a matching settee, plus a over-the-mantle mirror frame, that French touch every barn needs to turn it into a chateau. George is a great salesman, he likes to get you drunk so he can talk you into buying stuff that he bought when he was drunk. If you live in France and have unwanted and unloved furniture, Steph is your mark, she’ll buy the lot! Selling to her could be someone’s lucrative side hustle, act fast before she spends all of her you tube monies! Be sure to call Philip to set up an appointment, he loves to take Steph barn hopping for deals, he holds the purse strings now.

Those groovy chairs and settee will look stunning with her new woodwork in the grande salon, a real feast for the eyes. But as I look into my crystal ball, I see them taking up permanent residence in Selmar’s workspace because “they’re not quite right”. I’m sure she’ll go through four more groupings of chairs before finding the paaarfect set that compliments the molding. Anyway, after what seems to be an eternity of looking at decrepit chairs, we are ready to buy more furniture! Yes friends, we are now ready to tackle the flea market, our shopping list in hand, our shopaholic gal pal at our side, and the constant sound of cash register ‘cha ching’s‘ dinging through our brains.…

You didn’t think I was serious did you, of course we’re not shopping yet, we have to get through the inconsequential nonsense first, like Philip trying on a purple velvet pirate coat for his upcoming Halloween costume. He’s going as a pirate princess this year and he’s on the hunt to complete his ensemble. We have to fuel up with croissants held delicately in our hands so we don’t damage them, it makes it harder to grip our credit cards. Steph required the help of Sarah this morning to get dressed, bless her heart, she would have been teeter tottering around in 3 inch stilettos if it weren’t for Sarah’s advice on wearing flats. What a revolutionary discovery for walking great distances, she saved me from wearing ski boots when I go hiking. Thanks Sarah!

Are we ready to shop yet? She’s strung us along forever and now I don’t even feel like shopping.…Just kidding!!! Let’s blow through our money like a lottery winner on Ambien, and buy things we don’t need!!!

Outside, we look at some long tables designed for embalming giants, pass…there’s no room in the chateau for that nonsense. Off we go into the first building, Philip is so excited, the build up has been super intense for him as he’s literally been holding in farts all morning. Stepheee spots a chandelier, all crystals with a few pastel flowers sprinkled in that I‘m shocked she walked away from. She finds that over the mantle mirror she’s been hunting for! It’s gilded and gaudy, and expresses her taste paaarfectly! And the price was right at 700 euros. Check that off the list, moving on to a cream painted secretary she’s in love with as opposed to the pale green painted bombay dresser Philip is in love with. Who will win in the battle of the tasteless? Neither, we were just window shopping. Instead we buy broken gilded frames to use as bed crowns. I think her obsession with bed crowns stems from never getting the canopy bed she longed for as a child. A treasure emerges hidden within the furniture distractions in the form of an oil painting from the 18th century, a woman dressed as Diana the Huntress. It’s to pricy for Steph, but don’t worry she talks herself into buying it. It’s been a great morning for Steph, it’s been an even better morning for the venders, cha ching!!!

We‘re back outside, and spy two yellow brocade chairs, without hesitation they get snatched up by Steph, she needed something to bring out the golden highlights in her hair and set off the green paneling in the grande salon. Hopefully she’ll find a self help book for battling her addiction to chairs. Philip is enamored by a small table, one he’d use to eat dinner at as he most likely spends his nights eating alone because no one can stand hearing him blather on about his allergies. “Squirrel!!” He spots a chair off in the distance, a green velvet flocked nightmare just waiting to be plucked. For 150 euros, a chair three old ladies have died in after being attacked by their own knitting needles, has now found a home with Philip.

We stroll by venders peddling their wares in the form of lace, fabrics, champagne flutes. Philip is contemplating what to purchase from a brooch collection, but ultimately decides to walk away, that must have taken a lot of willpower, we know Philip loves a good brooch. Instead he buys a bodice to go under his pirate coat, or for Fanny’s mannequin. Because it’s not enough to dress up ourselves, we dress up inanimate objects too. Let’s continue window shopping as we allow Philip some time to ponder his questionable choices. It’ll take a while, he had to replace the hamster in the spinning wheel in his brain for a hedgehog, and it’s now the poor thing‘s nap time. Steph looks at mantle lamps to bring out the blue in her veins, another painting of an 18th century woman, and a taxidermied snake. Philip thumbs through some cutlery, admires a wooden stamp for handblocking fabrics, put the piece de resistance is a collapsible top hat. The finishing touch to the pirate princess costume, but alas, it’s too small to fit over Philip‘s wig.

I‘m sad to say the shopping portion of our trip has finished. We’ve managed to check two things off our list, the mantle mirror and the “something that makes a statement” in the form of the huntress Diana. We’ve spent thousands of euros to make our potting sheds look like chateaux and now our imaginary friends have places to sit. Sarah and George show off their prized purchase, heads of garlic. Sarah’s mother-in-law is a 200 year old vampire and she keeps asking George if she can move in. Philip and a porter load the goods, jenga style, in the back of the van. Diana takes pride of place in the front, nestled between Steph and Philip.

Our day of retail therapy has come to an end and so have our bank accounts. We’ve spent ourselves out of house and home and will now have to burn the furniture we bought to keep warm at nights. This is where I leave you, penniless, but with plenty of places to rest our weary bones. Until next time friends, when we will inevitably purchase more chairs for the grande salon after our you tube ad revenue account replenishes. Now go forth and sit.

Reactions:
You, MagpieSassyPants, Hemerocallis and 67 others

@Mummy Dearest
please do us all the massive honour of a recap

M
💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
Just re-read. Made me laugh so much before and now. A masterpiece @Mummy Dearest 👏 👏 👏 👏 Worthy of 'The Chateau Diaries Literarary Award for Accurate Reporting Despite Having to Bleach Own Eyes Afterwards to Achieve It'👏👏👏👏 Cant wait for the re-cap should you honour us with one🥰

Congratulations @Pno on naming the 50th thread!
Feckin inspired. Relevant, current, humerous in the extreme. What's not to love (y)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Patriciarella

VIP Member
Just watched Sillymar’s video. Was Ruby wearing a mic? I understood the cat but not Sillymar. Jobs that need done: fix garden door handle so Dan can use string for his pants. Paint all garden doors they are a hot mess. Fix shelf by greenhouse and old beds need screwed. New wood seats on benches and build a few more. Picnic tables, post for climbing roses and resize compost bin. ALL could be done with supplies and wood already on property. No money needed just muck in and do it. Get SJ a welcome mat for front guest entry for her birthday, the current one is unwelcoming. Talk SJ out of trees in courtyard to avoid root damage over pipes and “skeptic”. Some tall potted plants at corner of fountain area will help people not run over hedge. Tell Snorty he is an embarrassment to your country and throw one of his stuffed animals in your bonfire. Ruby cuddling Diesel was best moment of my day, to see a grangy, ignored barn cat find his family is a small glimmer of hope in a hateful world.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Jeeves

VIP Member
Dan's vlog is up. A very different view of their mini break in Borrrrrr-duh! Surprise, surprise, Fanny sprung for a room for them at the Intercontinental. Hmmm - was this in lieu of paying Dan for his chef duties?
No cathedral guidebook tours, no secondhand shops, no showing off - just Dan and Annalise enjoying their first night away without the boys. I know who I would prefer to spend time with

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30