Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Might seem strange but there's also rompere i coglioni(as in testicles),rompere il cazzo(penis) or stare sul cazzo ,more vulgar versions ,used by everybody...😂
Ahhh Wilhelm - I was trying to remember what Carlo also says - very typical il cazzo...also one of my least fave Italian words..

Reactions: 2

purejuice

VIP Member
I was thinking the same thing however the idea that they can't find French craftsmen or that no one in France can do the work is a bit of the stretch. I have been watching the Chateau de Versailles Youtube videos and I am rendered speechless by the artistry and skills demonstrated by the expert gilders, stone masons, etc.
Thanks for the tip, this class of artisan, I think about them a lot. Ever since an art historian friend turned me on to the sublimely human and witty medieval carvers, many of them Compagnons du devoir, who anonymously built Gothic France. In that one brief moment of time Abbot Suger was allowed to preach that God is beauty, before the powers that be cut him down. The angry nativity in the choir screen at Notre Dame, which may have survived the fire, is one of those humanist carvings I think of practically every day. Before politicians and kings turned God into a mean Daddy like themselves. Don't you know this guy had seen this exhausted mother with his own eyes?
Ohhhh, now I get to look at good videos, thanks. One of the reasons, despite their many genocidal sins, the French will always be better than the rest of us.

I was thinking the same thing however the idea that they can't find French craftsmen or that no one in France can do the work is a bit of the stretch. I have been watching the Chateau de Versailles Youtube videos and I am rendered speechless by the artistry and skills demonstrated by the expert gilders, stone masons, etc.
Not finding them on Youtube. Might you have a link? Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2