The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[SIE=26px] 💫💫💫💫
50th Thread 🧵- Congratulations Tattlers[/SIZE]
[SZE=26px] Her laziness is Spreading Quicker than the Delta Variant.[/SIZE]

[SIE=26px] Honourable mention to @Pno - From thread 1 to 50 [/SIZE]

Chatty Member
Joined Oct 7, 2020:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m
(tried to check all listed as been present on thread 1)
@ChocLili @SableOnBlonde @witchgrass @Hemerocallis @Definitely Maybe @Raspberrybrulee @Rory
@pettyicequeen @frenchessence @Takeaway @NotAChatelaine @La Brocanteuse @chilijam

:m:m:m:m:m

As its Our 50th thread ....flashback Thread 1 ....Post 1 ....How Very Apt....
pettyicequeen

Sep 1, 2020

I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others.

Reactions:You, Lalisa_mb, joanofbark and 11 others

Joined Sep 29, 2020

Messages408

Most Liked most previous Thread #49 🧵

Mummy Dearest
Well-known member :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

Sunday at 11:46 PM

Button up your three piece suit, polish your loafers, or throw on your favorite Vivienne Westwood….We’re going to a flea market in Le Mans!

In today’s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, we’ve got a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocketbook and we are going to spend, spend, spend!!!

It’s an early morning start with Philip and Stephie, the sun barely making it’s way over the horizon. A sight Lalalanders have read about in books, but didn’t know actually existed. For years, the sun at LaLande was directly above them when they awoke from their nightly slumber, as they get ready for their morning ritual. It’s confused Steph for a decade. The morning dawn, (and George and Sarah’s van) continue guiding them through town as Staphanny shares what she hopes to find today…We are looking for something that makes a statement, so keep your eyes peeled folks, that mean ‘tacky’ and yellow in Stephanese. Perhaps some bedside tables and an over mantle mirror for her bedroom or study, you know, stuff we put up before the rooms are finished, because at LaLande it’s not considered work if we don’t do it twice.

Fanny takes time to make a special announcement, “All of the Patron money that comes in for the chateau is used for the restoration and renovation of LaLande, so it doesn’t cover furniture. Which means I set aside part of my You Tube ad revenue every month so that when things happen, I can start to make the inside of LaLande look like a chateau.” Well there you go. Apparently Stephaneee has been living in a barn for the last 14 years, and has just had the epiphany that it’s not shatooey enough, antique furniture should sort out her dilemma. Thank goodness for ad revenue, because without it she might still be sleeping in the stable, with only the hay to keep the nightly chill away.

We finally make it to the flea market…oh, sorry, antiques fair, and park the van. Sarah pops out of her purple van to greet us. Everyone is ready to throw down some cash and fill vans to the brim with French antiques. We flashback to our stay with George and Sarah weeks ago, as Steph gets a jump start on the rest of us by taking the opportunity to go shopping in their barn. They run a small black market brocante on their property and specialize in hideous chairs. You and I both know Fanny can’t say no to an ugly chair, so she buys six of them, a matching settee, plus a over-the-mantle mirror frame, that French touch every barn needs to turn it into a chateau. George is a great salesman, he likes to get you drunk so he can talk you into buying stuff that he bought when he was drunk. If you live in France and have unwanted and unloved furniture, Steph is your mark, she’ll buy the lot! Selling to her could be someone’s lucrative side hustle, act fast before she spends all of her you tube monies! Be sure to call Philip to set up an appointment, he loves to take Steph barn hopping for deals, he holds the purse strings now.

Those groovy chairs and settee will look stunning with her new woodwork in the grande salon, a real feast for the eyes. But as I look into my crystal ball, I see them taking up permanent residence in Selmar’s workspace because “they’re not quite right”. I’m sure she’ll go through four more groupings of chairs before finding the paaarfect set that compliments the molding. Anyway, after what seems to be an eternity of looking at decrepit chairs, we are ready to buy more furniture! Yes friends, we are now ready to tackle the flea market, our shopping list in hand, our shopaholic gal pal at our side, and the constant sound of cash register ‘cha ching’s‘ dinging through our brains.…

You didn’t think I was serious did you, of course we’re not shopping yet, we have to get through the inconsequential nonsense first, like Philip trying on a purple velvet pirate coat for his upcoming Halloween costume. He’s going as a pirate princess this year and he’s on the hunt to complete his ensemble. We have to fuel up with croissants held delicately in our hands so we don’t damage them, it makes it harder to grip our credit cards. Steph required the help of Sarah this morning to get dressed, bless her heart, she would have been teeter tottering around in 3 inch stilettos if it weren’t for Sarah’s advice on wearing flats. What a revolutionary discovery for walking great distances, she saved me from wearing ski boots when I go hiking. Thanks Sarah!

Are we ready to shop yet? She’s strung us along forever and now I don’t even feel like shopping.…Just kidding!!! Let’s blow through our money like a lottery winner on Ambien, and buy things we don’t need!!!

Outside, we look at some long tables designed for embalming giants, pass…there’s no room in the chateau for that nonsense. Off we go into the first building, Philip is so excited, the build up has been super intense for him as he’s literally been holding in farts all morning. Stepheee spots a chandelier, all crystals with a few pastel flowers sprinkled in that I‘m shocked she walked away from. She finds that over the mantle mirror she’s been hunting for! It’s gilded and gaudy, and expresses her taste paaarfectly! And the price was right at 700 euros. Check that off the list, moving on to a cream painted secretary she’s in love with as opposed to the pale green painted bombay dresser Philip is in love with. Who will win in the battle of the tasteless? Neither, we were just window shopping. Instead we buy broken gilded frames to use as bed crowns. I think her obsession with bed crowns stems from never getting the canopy bed she longed for as a child. A treasure emerges hidden within the furniture distractions in the form of an oil painting from the 18th century, a woman dressed as Diana the Huntress. It’s to pricy for Steph, but don’t worry she talks herself into buying it. It’s been a great morning for Steph, it’s been an even better morning for the venders, cha ching!!!

We‘re back outside, and spy two yellow brocade chairs, without hesitation they get snatched up by Steph, she needed something to bring out the golden highlights in her hair and set off the green paneling in the grande salon. Hopefully she’ll find a self help book for battling her addiction to chairs. Philip is enamored by a small table, one he’d use to eat dinner at as he most likely spends his nights eating alone because no one can stand hearing him blather on about his allergies. “Squirrel!!” He spots a chair off in the distance, a green velvet flocked nightmare just waiting to be plucked. For 150 euros, a chair three old ladies have died in after being attacked by their own knitting needles, has now found a home with Philip.

We stroll by venders peddling their wares in the form of lace, fabrics, champagne flutes. Philip is contemplating what to purchase from a brooch collection, but ultimately decides to walk away, that must have taken a lot of willpower, we know Philip loves a good brooch. Instead he buys a bodice to go under his pirate coat, or for Fanny’s mannequin. Because it’s not enough to dress up ourselves, we dress up inanimate objects too. Let’s continue window shopping as we allow Philip some time to ponder his questionable choices. It’ll take a while, he had to replace the hamster in the spinning wheel in his brain for a hedgehog, and it’s now the poor thing‘s nap time. Steph looks at mantle lamps to bring out the blue in her veins, another painting of an 18th century woman, and a taxidermied snake. Philip thumbs through some cutlery, admires a wooden stamp for handblocking fabrics, put the piece de resistance is a collapsible top hat. The finishing touch to the pirate princess costume, but alas, it’s too small to fit over Philip‘s wig.

I‘m sad to say the shopping portion of our trip has finished. We’ve managed to check two things off our list, the mantle mirror and the “something that makes a statement” in the form of the huntress Diana. We’ve spent thousands of euros to make our potting sheds look like chateaux and now our imaginary friends have places to sit. Sarah and George show off their prized purchase, heads of garlic. Sarah’s mother-in-law is a 200 year old vampire and she keeps asking George if she can move in. Philip and a porter load the goods, jenga style, in the back of the van. Diana takes pride of place in the front, nestled between Steph and Philip.

Our day of retail therapy has come to an end and so have our bank accounts. We’ve spent ourselves out of house and home and will now have to burn the furniture we bought to keep warm at nights. This is where I leave you, penniless, but with plenty of places to rest our weary bones. Until next time friends, when we will inevitably purchase more chairs for the grande salon after our you tube ad revenue account replenishes. Now go forth and sit.

Reactions:
[SIE=18px]You, MagpieSassyPants, Hemerocallis and 67 others[/SIZE]

[SIZ=26px]@Mummy Dearest
please do us all the massive honour of a recap
[/SIZE]
M
💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
This is my favourite from @Mummy Dearest last recap 😂

“It’s to pricy for Steph, but don’t worry she talks herself into buying it. It’s been a great morning for Steph, it’s been an even better morning for the venders, cha ching!!!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
💫💫💫💫
50th Thread 🧵- Congratulations Tattlers

Her laziness is Spreading Quicker than the Delta Variant.

Honourable mention to @Pno - From thread 1 to 50

Chatty Member
@ChocLili @SableOnBlonde @witchgrass @Hemerocallis @Definitely Maybe @Raspberrybrulee @Rory
@pettyicequeen @frenchessence @Takeaway @NotAChatelaine @La Brocanteuse @chilijam

pettyicequeen

Sep 1, 2020

I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others.

Joined Sep 29, 2020

Messages408

Mummy Dearest

Button up your three piece suit, polish your loafers, or throw on your favorite Vivienne Westwood….We’re going to a flea market in Le Mans!

In today’s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, we’ve got a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocketbook and we are going to spend, spend, spend!!!

It’s an early morning start with Philip and Stephie, the sun barely making it’s way over the horizon. A sight Lalalanders have read about in books, but didn’t know actually existed. For years, the sun at LaLande was directly above them when they awoke from their nightly slumber, as they get ready for their morning ritual. It’s confused Steph for a decade. The morning dawn, (and George and Sarah’s van) continue guiding them through town as Staphanny shares what she hopes to find today…We are looking for something that makes a statement, so keep your eyes peeled folks, that mean ‘tacky’ and yellow in Stephanese. Perhaps some bedside tables and an over mantle mirror for her bedroom or study, you know, stuff we put up before the rooms are finished, because at LaLande it’s not considered work if we don’t do it twice.

Fanny takes time to make a special announcement, “All of the Patron money that comes in for the chateau is used for the restoration and renovation of LaLande, so it doesn’t cover furniture. Which means I set aside part of my You Tube ad revenue every month so that when things happen, I can start to make the inside of LaLande look like a chateau.” Well there you go. Apparently Stephaneee has been living in a barn for the last 14 years, and has just had the epiphany that it’s not shatooey enough, antique furniture should sort out her dilemma. Thank goodness for ad revenue, because without it she might still be sleeping in the stable, with only the hay to keep the nightly chill away.

We finally make it to the flea market…oh, sorry, antiques fair, and park the van. Sarah pops out of her purple van to greet us. Everyone is ready to throw down some cash and fill vans to the brim with French antiques. We flashback to our stay with George and Sarah weeks ago, as Steph gets a jump start on the rest of us by taking the opportunity to go shopping in their barn. They run a small black market brocante on their property and specialize in hideous chairs. You and I both know Fanny can’t say no to an ugly chair, so she buys six of them, a matching settee, plus a over-the-mantle mirror frame, that French touch every barn needs to turn it into a chateau. George is a great salesman, he likes to get you drunk so he can talk you into buying stuff that he bought when he was drunk. If you live in France and have unwanted and unloved furniture, Steph is your mark, she’ll buy the lot! Selling to her could be someone’s lucrative side hustle, act fast before she spends all of her you tube monies! Be sure to call Philip to set up an appointment, he loves to take Steph barn hopping for deals, he holds the purse strings now.

Those groovy chairs and settee will look stunning with her new woodwork in the grande salon, a real feast for the eyes. But as I look into my crystal ball, I see them taking up permanent residence in Selmar’s workspace because “they’re not quite right”. I’m sure she’ll go through four more groupings of chairs before finding the paaarfect set that compliments the molding. Anyway, after what seems to be an eternity of looking at decrepit chairs, we are ready to buy more furniture! Yes friends, we are now ready to tackle the flea market, our shopping list in hand, our shopaholic gal pal at our side, and the constant sound of cash register ‘cha ching’s‘ dinging through our brains.…

You didn’t think I was serious did you, of course we’re not shopping yet, we have to get through the inconsequential nonsense first, like Philip trying on a purple velvet pirate coat for his upcoming Halloween costume. He’s going as a pirate princess this year and he’s on the hunt to complete his ensemble. We have to fuel up with croissants held delicately in our hands so we don’t damage them, it makes it harder to grip our credit cards. Steph required the help of Sarah this morning to get dressed, bless her heart, she would have been teeter tottering around in 3 inch stilettos if it weren’t for Sarah’s advice on wearing flats. What a revolutionary discovery for walking great distances, she saved me from wearing ski boots when I go hiking. Thanks Sarah!

Are we ready to shop yet? She’s strung us along forever and now I don’t even feel like shopping.…Just kidding!!! Let’s blow through our money like a lottery winner on Ambien, and buy things we don’t need!!!

Outside, we look at some long tables designed for embalming giants, pass…there’s no room in the chateau for that nonsense. Off we go into the first building, Philip is so excited, the build up has been super intense for him as he’s literally been holding in farts all morning. Stepheee spots a chandelier, all crystals with a few pastel flowers sprinkled in that I‘m shocked she walked away from. She finds that over the mantle mirror she’s been hunting for! It’s gilded and gaudy, and expresses her taste paaarfectly! And the price was right at 700 euros. Check that off the list, moving on to a cream painted secretary she’s in love with as opposed to the pale green painted bombay dresser Philip is in love with. Who will win in the battle of the tasteless? Neither, we were just window shopping. Instead we buy broken gilded frames to use as bed crowns. I think her obsession with bed crowns stems from never getting the canopy bed she longed for as a child. A treasure emerges hidden within the furniture distractions in the form of an oil painting from the 18th century, a woman dressed as Diana the Huntress. It’s to pricy for Steph, but don’t worry she talks herself into buying it. It’s been a great morning for Steph, it’s been an even better morning for the venders, cha ching!!!

We‘re back outside, and spy two yellow brocade chairs, without hesitation they get snatched up by Steph, she needed something to bring out the golden highlights in her hair and set off the green paneling in the grande salon. Hopefully she’ll find a self help book for battling her addiction to chairs. Philip is enamored by a small table, one he’d use to eat dinner at as he most likely spends his nights eating alone because no one can stand hearing him blather on about his allergies. “Squirrel!!” He spots a chair off in the distance, a green velvet flocked nightmare just waiting to be plucked. For 150 euros, a chair three old ladies have died in after being attacked by their own knitting needles, has now found a home with Philip.

We stroll by venders peddling their wares in the form of lace, fabrics, champagne flutes. Philip is contemplating what to purchase from a brooch collection, but ultimately decides to walk away, that must have taken a lot of willpower, we know Philip loves a good brooch. Instead he buys a bodice to go under his pirate coat, or for Fanny’s mannequin. Because it’s not enough to dress up ourselves, we dress up inanimate objects too. Let’s continue window shopping as we allow Philip some time to ponder his questionable choices. It’ll take a while, he had to replace the hamster in the spinning wheel in his brain for a hedgehog, and it’s now the poor thing‘s nap time. Steph looks at mantle lamps to bring out the blue in her veins, another painting of an 18th century woman, and a taxidermied snake. Philip thumbs through some cutlery, admires a wooden stamp for handblocking fabrics, put the piece de resistance is a collapsible top hat. The finishing touch to the pirate princess costume, but alas, it’s too small to fit over Philip‘s wig.

I‘m sad to say the shopping portion of our trip has finished. We’ve managed to check two things off our list, the mantle mirror and the “something that makes a statement” in the form of the huntress Diana. We’ve spent thousands of euros to make our potting sheds look like chateaux and now our imaginary friends have places to sit. Sarah and George show off their prized purchase, heads of garlic. Sarah’s mother-in-law is a 200 year old vampire and she keeps asking George if she can move in. Philip and a porter load the goods, jenga style, in the back of the van. Diana takes pride of place in the front, nestled between Steph and Philip.

Our day of retail therapy has come to an end and so have our bank accounts. We’ve spent ourselves out of house and home and will now have to burn the furniture we bought to keep warm at nights. This is where I leave you, penniless, but with plenty of places to rest our weary bones. Until next time friends, when we will inevitably purchase more chairs for the grande salon after our you tube ad revenue account replenishes. Now go forth and sit.

Reactions:
You, MagpieSassyPants, Hemerocallis and 67 others

@Mummy Dearest

M
Just re-read. Made me laugh so much before and now. A masterpiece @Mummy Dearest 👏 👏 👏 👏 Worthy of 'The Chateau Diaries Literarary Award for Accurate Reporting Despite Having to Bleach Own Eyes Afterwards to Achieve It'👏👏👏👏 Cant wait for the re-cap should you honour us with one🥰

Congratulations @Pno on naming the 50th thread!
Feckin inspired. Relevant, current, humerous in the extreme. What's not to love (y)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Can't remember who suggested it, but I watched with sound off. Very enlightening. Best of all though, as you say, the New American slave volunteer is a naturally, preppy, cheesey C actress. She was on sparkling form. I am betting she wont be on too many more vlogs.
The American guest said she'll only stay for a few days as a volunteer. Good for her! She seems like a normal human being that hasn't been infected by the Lalande virus!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The American guest said she'll only stay for a few days as a volunteer. Good for her! She seems like a normal human being that hasn't been infected by the Lalande virus!
But why is she there....is she having a company? Is she buying a chateau...is she looking for a French hunk..a patreon.....or just travelling through France? Its not that the Shittoo is the nicest place anyone would wanne stay on tour..looking at the prices she askes for a room....and to see the state everything is in....I guess we will get the answer in September.... :oops:

Reactions: 18
volunteer for a few days. what she's gonna do?

throwing away the gift wrappings and making a big Insta story out of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I really need glasses, I read "With her stunning momma, who also happens to be her big sister."

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For those interested in how the very crowded English country house tat style is done by somebody with good taste, here are interior shots of the late Gloria Vanderbilt's Auntie Mame apartment on Beekman Place.
Please note immaculately clean and in perfect repair everything looks.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I may get roasted for this comment, but it has been bothering me for a bit. In the previous thread it was asked "when did you start watching CD" or something to that effect. I found it through ETTC DIY, but a previous post said they found it through Positano Diaries. If she "admires" the GRIFTER QUEEN, what does that say about Nicki? When Nicki and Carlo sat and talked about how they needed to buy a new car and one for his son, I felt like it was a Marie moment. It didn't seem to gain any traction, so maybe I was wrong, if so great. But since that time I have noticed a change in her vlogs, the opening is different and it sounds rushed. I know children are off limits, however she puts her daughter out there and I find her extremely annoying. I have really enjoyed her vlog in the past and occasionally watch it now. It is just something that turned me off. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
💫💫💫💫
50th Thread 🧵- Congratulations Tattlers

Her laziness is Spreading Quicker than the Delta Variant.

Honourable mention to @Pno - From thread 1 to 50

Chatty Member

pettyicequeen

Sep 1, 2020

Joined Sep 29, 2020

Messages408

Mummy Dearest

Reactions:
You, MagpieSassyPants, Hemerocallis and 67 others

@Mummy Dearest

M
I checked for a fun of it, I got the pleasure to read your witty comments since the thread #4, wow looks like ages ago but if someone kept me sane in yhese weird times it was you guys and your funny intelligent observations and comments

My name is Sabdro37 and i am tattle shitoo diary addict :*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
@LonePalm I got that feeling too when Nicki Positano said that she would have to forego a new kitchen to buy 2 new cars. I felt quite sorry for her as I guess that she does most if not all of the youtube work. Carlo does fly the drone but even so........

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Thank you @Ginginger, utterly fascinating. I just assumed all Canadians spoke Acadian French, how ignorant am I.
Can you tell what French American Cajuns from south Louisiana speak?
Isn't it fascinating how powerful and infinitely adaptable "one" language is? The French Academy must be soiling their pantalons.

Reactions: 8
Using (fake?) tears for views - she really has no boundaries for exploiting people's emotions or privacy!

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 2.35.03 PM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Sounds incestuous, fit right in at lalaland...
The text said :
I'm so proud of her. she may be my little girlie but she is also my hero. whether it's being driven, stubborn, committed, or all three, she has grabbed abeautiful life for herself that can only inspire.
here she is celebrating with her stunning momma, who also happens to be my big sister. not bad, wah.
love you, smelly. *unty c.

Go figure as our American friends say ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Again with my IG Public Service for my fellow Tattlers….this lovely gentleman is on the Lalande hashtag. Would love to know his story!
1628015908492.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Joy to the world 🌎
The vlog is 8 days late ⏰

Can’t wait 😛 for the snot fest …..

Let’s take bets ……
1- I’ll be back in September: FRK
20-1
2- Nutti can’t be flimed for the tears 50-1
3 - snorts is in his Victorian dressing gown on the driveway waving 👋 The OAP taxi off
38-1
4 - SSB was in bed and had to be woken
100-1
5 - mini apron dosent make an appearance
20-1

Will be terrible 😢 if there wasent one more feast - befor she departs 😈

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.