The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right, I've been brave enough to make a comment at long last. Found Tattle like so many others after watching the CD back last year while in lockdown here in France and enjoyed it to begin with and then began to realise it's a friggn mad house. So much of how that place is run gives me flashbacks of a Chateau I worked at a few years back, skanky kitchen, woodrot, jobs started and never finished and a 'chatelaine' totally out of touch with reality. Makes me shudder. So, Fanny's off to Tuscany and visiting Cortona. Have been there several times as my bestie lives about 30 min away. There are two overpriced antique/brocante shops that I know of, what's the betting more crap comes back. She'll have to sleep for a month as it's one hell of a long drive, having done it myself.
Hi, have fun here. Although, it can also be a madhouse here, but in a less insane sort of way. By the way, at some point someone will insult you by calling you (or the group) a bunch of geniuses :ROFLMAO: :love:. It is what it is... Glad the scales dropped from your eyes. Yes, you have perfectly laid out the basic view shared here about lalaland. Seems endemic to chateaux manned by Englishmen in France. Something about mad dogs floats just beyond my grasp.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh....urgh, poor Ian got flashed and a face full every time she raised her arms, here you can see the point he screams 'stop stop my eyes are bleeding' ....:sick:

View attachment 699319
I am not freudian psychologist, but this is the photo which says it all, this is little steffi with her daddy who is supposed to pick her up in her arms but he looks down her skirt and she knows it so she provokes him lolita style because he will buy nice things for her or build her a castle ... I feel weird writing it but well I am not one with the nighty on

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I am not freudian psychologist, but this is the photo which says it all, this is little steffi with her daddy who is supposed to pick her up in her arms but he looks down her skirt and she knows it so she provokes him lolita style because he will buy nice things for her or build her a castle ... I feel weird writing it but well I am not one with the nighty on
My dear @sandro37, it feels weird just reading it. Deep and dark, but who knows? Something must account for the manic behaviour.

Reactions: 14
Was this uncharacteristic tardiness on the place settings PJ harassing/sabotaging Dan? Should we be watching out in future for PJ's opportunities to sabotage Dan's presentation? I think Dan may possibly be auditioning for private chef work in the area, and I think he should get it if that's what he wants.
Dan said he preferred plain white plates to set off the food , he wasn't given any say about the table settings. Definitely seems like one-upmanship on PJs part.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The significant other who waves hubby off to work (Ian) will be thrilled to see this clip. It is one thing to humiliate yourself on a world wide platform. It is another to make an audience out of your builder. Another show to pitch to reality TV - I am a handyman - get me out of here. So much insulation - time to fix those blow open windows and doors Fanny!
as Steffi being 12 in her head, she does something similar with Dan *he is not a "daddy" he is boy from neighbor's barn), he is the forbiden fruit daddy told her about, he is older and has a girlfriend (read - wife with 2 kids), she would love to do things with him, she loves when he gives her attention, it means that he loves her more than his girlfriend, that she is special as she is special to daddy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
And then her mother will pass and she’ll inherited more money and property that she’s never done a days work for. Unbelievable.
Her links to everyday, normal behaviour are disengaging and the fantasy chateau is consuming her. It is a perilous situation for all around her. Enough links will snap and she will become a manic-depressive, defending her reality at all costs. Her first link was that as chateau owner doing restoration. After 18 or so years her foundation shifted to the chatelaine who became a youtube vlogger, without ever achieving the restoration. Now, when the pandemic recedes, and takes her subscribers and patreons with it back to their normal lives, she will again have to choose what she is. Does she have the capacity for re-invention, without the finance platform (all that lovely lolly and spend, spend, spend) to support her? I doubt it, and then it will hit the fan.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So now I get it! Marie is a master offering a version of a “masterclass”! She has mastered doing florals (without any professional experience), mastered leaving the “corporate world” (working in a hotel in Bury St Edmund’s), mastered the art of taking hundreds of photos of herself smiling at the dust, mastered conning herself that it’s enough to have suffered and not do any real work after healing. IT IS a success story to move beyond depression and hopefully truly forgive,but this!??? I don’t get it! She has mastered becoming self-employed (riding the coat-tails of…) by donation. I hope she will give back some day and that it is not self-serving. She’s been corrupted. I do also hope that she gets there… somewhere… real.
You have summarized the situation to a tee!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
as Steffi being 12 in her head, she does something similar with Dan *he is not a "daddy" he is boy from neighbor's barn), he is the forbiden fruit daddy told her about, he is older and has a girlfriend (read - wife with 2 kids), she would love to do things with him, she loves when he gives her attention, it means that he loves her more than his girlfriend, that she is special as she is special to daddy
I think she extends herself to more men than just Dan. But, not all the men are adults like Dan, she also likes the toyboys, not fully men in maturity but maybe in age. Someone like Ian (the hired help) will also be a target, but Ian is no softie, just well bred and secure in himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan will not be cooking at the BnB....! that was a one off. she more than likely blogged him to force him to do it ongoing and solve her finding someone to slave away cooking in the mice poop kitchen...but no. By Dan preparing at home, it was a HUGE tell on the state of that kitchen. That was a limited event for Dan.

Also, calling herself a chatilaine is a damn joke...
to prepare it at home it was smart move on his part, he is a clever one, he knows how to get rid of her but keep on doing what he finds reasonable, he knows he cannot communicate with her directly so this is how it is done, he handles her well
if he would cook it there she would easily have said well great you know the way around kitchen so here you go you will be cooking I have someone else for the garden, but he showed her that for his TRAINED level of cooking he needs professionally equiped kitchen (even if he had non at home) and cooking at home and bringining it to lalaland would not be the way she wants her cook to work, she wants them frustrated without decent workspace to work on, with people standing in a way and equipement nowhere to find, malfunctioning oven included, she wants to witch and order them around and show them who is the boss with passive aggressive smirk, and one better be on time because you know the guests are waiting her majesty

Reactions: 21
Girl? More likely to be some guy with a computer in a darkened room playing Selmar to extract his money.

I suspect the "meeting" with Tatiana in Holland will be delayed at the last minute because Tats hasn't got the money for the fare/her mother has been taken ill/she's had a gallbladder relapse and could darling Selmar send money now? I hope I'm wrong.
I totally agree and Yet....they talk of Selmar spending lots of "FaceTime" with Titti....what accounts for that?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
to prepare it at home it was smart move on his part, he is a clever one, he knows how to get rid of her but keep on doing what he finds reasonable, he knows he cannot communicate with her directly so this is how it is done, he handles her well
if he would cook it there she would easily have said well great you know the way around kitchen so here you go you will be cooking I have someone else for the garden, but he showed her that for his TRAINED level of cooking he needs professionally equiped kitchen (even if he had non at home) and cooking at home and bringining it to lalaland would not be the way she wants her cook to work, she wants them frustrated without decent workspace to work on, with people standing in a way and equipement nowhere to find, malfunctioning oven included, she wants to witch and order them around and show them who is the boss with passive aggressive smirk, and one better be on time because you know the guests are waiting her majesty
You have opened a deeper level of assessment of SJ. We see her as you say seeking the father figure. And projecting that to other men in a sublimnal and even overt way. Yes, I won't argue with that. But she will be faced with serious disappointment as some of these men are real men and don't tolerate that treatment. Also, it's interesting you focus on Dan as wife Annelise (the girlfriend competition figure) is a looker with a good history in acting and tv on her cv, no failures to perform. Which cannot be said about SJ.

Reactions: 18
Just watched Dan’s new Vlog… Great as ever… But the comments were crazy. Everyone was praising Stephanie… Don’t they realize that she did this to make up for all of her horrible comments in the video where he’s cooking? That’s my take on it. And she’s probably trying to buy him being the chef again at the chateau again. Good thing he knows how to deal with children.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did you see the state the kitchen of this BnB is in ?
The marks on the cupboard and the floor :eek::sick:🤮 !
Screenshot (388).png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
@sandro37 Dan is certainly clever and adept at handling different types of personalities. I am sure his experience of navigating (the military) commercial kitchens has served him well. If I am correct in remembering that he was a chef at an officers mess where he cooked for the Queen, is one where the bar is very high. A demanding environment where the expectations are high. Only the best will do.
I would like to note when Stephie mentioned that his culinary offerings were a throwback to was it the 90’s? was bitchy and attempt to elevate her culinary knowledge as superior to his! Back slap witch that she is!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
They must have no more guests - Nuttie cannot cook - Selmar is god knows where now, Marie in the Uk - so basically the builders, Dan and Nuttie maybe volunteers are holding the fort. Yes, that YT revenue must be good to let a business stay idle in the holiday period. August is so busy for tourists in Europe.
Who is washing the sheets and cleaning the bathrooms???? Ugh!
Is Mary Poppins back?

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Going off topic right now but...what ever happened with that novelist who was going touvi write a La Lande murder mystery? It was so long ago that I don't even remember what episode it was mentioned in....
Wasn't he called Ivo Fornesa? He lives nearby and was visited by SJ and IJ..

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.