The Chateau Diaries #43 The Mad Queen who is eating her cake and everyone else's too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good point. Lalande is the goose that laid the golden egg.
I somehow suspect the Patreons would wet their big girl panties in rapture if their heroine sold out and bought a 19th c. McMansion like Edd and Anna's, though. She would get even my attention if she bought a mouldy old sewage-soaked palazzo in Venice.o_O That would take real cojones, though, and narcs don't have them.
Thanks, I missed the Chenonceau blog.
I'm not seeing any reference to it, I meant to say, in the decoration of Lalande or Davy's plan for the garden. She hits the later, rococo, imperial Versailles button every time. Appropriate (sensitive, respectful) local reference would be to Chenonceau, Renaissance. Sorry for not making myself clearer.
Correct. She only refers to Versailles or Marie Antoinette. Never to chateaux in Loire Valley - which is in her neighborhood. As for a formal garden" á la francaise" at Lalande... words fail.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow! Bet SJ wishes she could have had her honey and 3 eggs back. The ShatO never looked more tired and just plain sad. The Emmaus looked more pulled together.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Correct. She only refers to Versailles or Marie Antoinette. Never to chateaux in Loire Valley - which is in her neighborhood. As for a formal garden" á la francaise" at Lalande... words fail.
I count on you to steer us in these matters of authenticity and....la France profonde.
I'm sorry to hear you were banished from CD commentary for mentioning her lack of local connection. I did the same thing, coded, and haven't been back to check and see if I've been disappeared.

Reactions: 9

This explains the 'RELATIONSHIP"
Interesting! I've been with my husband who is 18 years younger for 26 years. I didn't know I could control him like that! Must try harder 🤣. I think the guy made some good points though. We love our golden prison!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wow! Bet SJ wishes she could have had her honey and 3 eggs back. The ShatO never looked more tired and just plain sad. The Emmaus looked more pulled together.
Couldn't Phyllis give her SOMETHING to carry those sad, 3, little eggs in. All kinds of homemade tat that her zombie followers send her? Probably too moldy or dirty from where it was thrown. Back, musty, damp hallway or dirty, poo filled attic, or her peeling wallpaper junk room....oh! I mean Phyllis' new office with his Play school desk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
. Yes 3 eggs, who gives someone 3 eggs not in a container- could they not have rustled up a bit of foil, or a bag of some sort?

Ha! posted at the same time @Arfarf 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Chateau Love at Lalande... Wow ! I love it !

What a slap in Stephanie's face.

How many times did she say it was "right at the corner from Lalande" to show all the lovely and typical places in the near area (Photos exhibition, nice - and it seems very good - restaurant) in La Chatre.

All what CD vlogs never show.

And the final strike : the cheese board debacle (our Chatelaine looked perfectly ridiculous and stupid).

What a laugh !

PS : Mother and daughter speak a perfect french with a very good accent. They understood the (very French ;) ) compliment one of the men at the table behind them said to the mother.
Not sure Stephanie gets the same reactions with her too long flowery dresses, her high heels and her hysterical laugh 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Good for them. They actually do godforbid WORK and look tired at times like Dan and Annalise. SJ and Methrick look tired all of the time too but certainly not from work. As my father loved to say: road hard and put up wet.
I think vlogging isn't tha t easy. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I really admire their ability to produce content so often!

How many Philips does it take to screw (up) a light bulb? :rolleyes:
Woah peeps why do you criticise everyone in the vlog?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The constant editing on the pieces to camera is a bit annoying. How many takes did she do 😳
Actually some quite ropey editing throughout!
I noticed the constant flickering, like words were cut constantly but for example on her close up pieces, her face and position barely moved, so I dont think they were as many takes, and cuts (for some reason). I kinda like them, and lets face it, no one are 'themselves' on camera -that must take some getting used to, to be more natural, but I think when she gets over it, she will get better at it and not try to control it through editing.

Reactions: 6

How many times did she say it was "right at the corner from Lalande" to show all the lovely and typical places in the near area (Photos exhibition, nice - and it seems very good - restaurant) in La Chatre.

And the final strike : the cheese board debacle (our Chatelaine looked perfectly ridiculous and stupid).

What a laugh !

PS : Mother and daughter speak a perfect french with a very good accent. They understood the (very French ;) ) compliment one of the men at the table behind them said to the mother.
Not sure Stephanie gets the same reactions with her too long flowery dresses, her high heels and her hysterical laugh 😅
I actually quite liked it when they were slagging off the ginger biscuits and she said it’s really nice with cheese as Marie had said 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
. Yes 3 eggs, who gives someone 3 eggs not in a container- could they not have rustled up a bit of foil, or a bag of some sort?

Ha! posted at the same time @Arfarf 😃
Great minds think alike!!! Lol👍

I think vlogging isn't tha t easy. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I really admire their ability to produce content so often!

Hahaha hahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I noticed the constant flickering, like words were cut constantly but for example on her close up pieces, her face and position barely moved, so I dont think they were as many takes, and cuts (for some reason). I kinda like them, and lets face it, no one are 'themselves' on camera -that must take some getting used to, to be more natural, but I think when she gets over it, she will get better at it and not try to control it through editing.
Yeah I was being a bit harsh, I enjoyed the vlog.

Reactions: 2

What a laugh !

I missed that I was so busy fast forwarding through the stuff about chateau loves driveway work. Why would you eat such an enormous meal in a day that your going to have a three course dinner! Maybe they weren’t as impressed with meal the previous night. I did enjoy seeing near by points of interested and found it odd that Stephanie never features the charming town near by, all we ever see is Mac Donald’s and the hardware store and brocants of course. It certainly seemed boring to say the least and hot, lalande could use a swimming pool for sure! A nice paper shopping bag would have been lovely for the honey and eggs, something Nati should get on to ordering🤣

Reactions: 12
So I called it! Vivienne invited the crew to her chateau. Oh no!
It cannot be called Chateau Diaries any longer. At least in reference to La la land. They are never there.
It is only about OTHER peoples' chateaux.

New name for SJ's show.
My Travels during and after the Covid Pandemic with My Dog Snorts. A True Story.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Dear RoseGarden,
If you think that is criticism, then you're in for a shock. That was just poking a little fun. The real criticism starts when the exploitation of illegal workers, tax evasion or all the other unscrupulous activies taking place at the shitoo are being discussed. Have fun reading about it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
tonight's video a midsummers night dream .............. FanFlash might think she is Titania and Natty and Roadkill as her fairy handmaidens.........they are more reminiscent of the opening scene in Macbeth ............only Sirsnortsalot reminds me of a Shakespeare character from the play ........namely Bottom for his Jackass features and braying

RoseGarden2019 ............really ..................you need to take the rose coloured glasses off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.