The Chateau Diaries #43 The Mad Queen who is eating her cake and everyone else's too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is why i like dan and his channel so much... these are his commets when someone asked about sending funds to help"

Thanks that's very kind , although just watching is enough, I'm in a lucky position that if I need more money I can just work an extra day or make an extra video!, much appreciated
They are also very smart and live within or below their means, they have a happy family life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have been watching Stephanies vlogs for some time now. Why is it that she only films the kitchen, her bedroom, the attic and sometimes the dining room. It is a huge Chateau there must be dozens of rooms she could show us.

Reactions: 21
I have been watching Stephanies vlogs for some time now. Why is it that she only films the kitchen, her bedroom, the attic and sometimes the dining room. It is a huge Chateau there must be dozens of rooms she could show us.
All the top floor rooms are former servants' rooms and are derelict. She did a tour way way back. Not the pristine chatelaine look she's going for.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Perhaps he was bitten ... by Diesel? Or a hedgehog? Or SJ?!

Interesting that a lot of the gift givers advertise their own products for free on the gift grabs. Last night, at least two Etsy makers had their info given out to the public. Surprised SJ doesn't charge people a fee for product advertising.
Who says she isn’t? I mean all the recent chateau trips are just adverts for their B&B, weddings, gatherings, etc. I am convinced she’s getting paid for the “tours” and such…

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Who says she isn’t? I mean all the recent chateau trips are just adverts for their B&B, weddings, gatherings, etc. I am convinced she’s getting paid for the “tours” and such…
I think she's so validated by freeloading that she does and would do it for "free" -- showing up with a retinue of three, drinking richly and sticking you with the restaurant bill for her lobster dinner and that of Little Prince Perruque Poudrée. And only seldom offering 8 oz of Lalande honey as a hostess present.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Her videos would have to have that "Includes paid promotion" notification if she were paid. I don't believe for a second that these business owners would pay for ineffective YouTube exposure. Small businesses are much better off investing in targeted Facebook and Google ads.

Our Shitelaine gets a free mini vacation with food and drinks everytime she visits somewhere. She also gets content for her boring flogs so it's well worth her time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
More rooms, more boredom ...
More rooms, more tat. She only shows few places around the shitoo because most of it is a dumping ground for long forgotten junk. Actually, just goes to show that she only uses few rooms and it's completely frivolous of her to own such a huge pile of rocks. But she wants to live like Marie Antoinette in her own Stephantasy. I'm just waiting for the guillotine.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
That awful book of tat on GAG. What on earth is that about? A journal filled with loose bits of drawings, 'secret' pages, poems, with drawings, pressed flowers and God knows what else. What is she supposed to do with it? There's no space to write anything, even if she wanted to, which I'm sure she doesn't. I think lonely people send her these things that they've spent a long time lovingly putting together because they believe she is spiritual and whimsical. She's not. She's all about the cold hard cash.

The journal will go into the barn with all the other GAG nonsense and in time will become comfortable shredded bedding for the mice.
She has about 3 of those journals already.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Her videos would have to have that "Includes paid promotion" notification if she were paid. I don't believe for a second that these business owners would pay for ineffective YouTube exposure. Small businesses are much better off investing in Facebook and Google ads.

Our Shitelaine gets a free mini vacation with food and drinks everytime she visits somewhere. She also gets content for her boring flogs so it's well worth her time.
I've noticed she gets a lot of views for these videos. She has a pretty high view to subscriber count. No telling what she makes off of each video. On another note - I noticed How to Renovate a Chateau has now hidden their patreon amount. They are really climbing that revenue stream.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Still thinking about SJ's very curious vision of chateaux, chateau decoration, Lalande and its decoration. I agree with you geniuses that the simplicity and relative newness and humility (no grand staircase, etc.) of Lalande does not now suit her ambition, and a 19th maison de maitre -- is that the term? -- a spruce little bijoux chateau like de Brives would suit her Epcot Versailles tastes better.
That said, grift emplaced, why would she not be gussying Lalande up more efficiently to sell? Srsly, more geothermal wells, fix radiators, repair cheap bathrooms, water to the potager, drainage and cisterns for gardens around the old building, restore the staircase and terrace, shutter dogs, chapel, every convertible space turned to gite, swimming pool, lake restoration, facade, get the stumps out of the dry moat, all cosmetic stuff for sale. So she could own a place which suits her better?
Instead, she's pissing money away on inappropriate panelling (stored in such a way as to warp it), bogus toile and plaster bedcrowns for which she paid approximately €1000 too much, lady desks for gigolos, wormwood chaise longues and bed suites for Nati who apparently had no say in its choice, etc..
I suspect the whole gite-for-Nati is some kind of a dodge, to spend Patreon reno money on remodelling for rentable gites.
It's mind boggling, but she doesn't even grift efficiently enough. And films it all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Chateau love have posted the vlog which includes their visit to Lala. Cheese massacre evening. PJ doing the guided tour and supposedly an expert on Derek Jarvis art work.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Answering to KiKiGee's post on the last thread:
In the past, you would argue with friends about a variety of topics. Now, you interact with strangers just by one click. It is highly unlikely that Aiglon and Couteau will change their mind. They don't let you speak the truth/post an honest opinion. It is like a virus. One truthful comment and they will be attacking you. Aiglon and Couteau are cyberbullies and will troll you all over. Answering to them is the most unproductive and meaningless thing to do. They are literal idiots with IQ of like 60.

Thank you for the new thread, Mojo. ☘
Great title, Arfarf!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
All the top floor rooms are former servants' rooms and are derelict. She did a tour way way back. Not the pristine chatelaine look she's going for.
She "wants" the pristine look but doesn't lift a FINGER to make her home look nice. I remember old videos where she was at least painting or cooking. Now....nothing. Just show us a day where you do something in and for your own home!!!
And Snorts has a boo boo that he will nurse till the end of time so he is no help....but, as he does not know how to clean either...????

Where is Potty and Baghdad??? Did Phyllis and his "masculinity" run them off???

Still thinking about SJ's very curious vision of chateaux, chateau decoration, Lalande and its decoration. I agree with you geniuses that the simplicity and relative newness and humility (no grand staircase, etc.) of Lalande does not now suit her ambition, and a 19th maison de maitre -- is that the term? -- a spruce little bijoux chateau like de Brives would suit her Epcot Versailles tastes better.
That said, grift emplaced, why would she not be gussying Lalande up more efficiently to sell? Srsly, more geothermal wells, fix radiators, repair cheap bathrooms, water to the potager, drainage and cisterns for gardens around the old building, restore the staircase and terrace, shutter dogs, chapel, every convertible space turned to gite, swimming pool, lake restoration, facade, get the stumps out of the dry moat, all cosmetic stuff for sale. So she could own a place which suits her better?
Instead, she's pissing money away on inappropriate panelling (stored in such a way as to warp it), bogus toile and plaster bedcrowns for which she paid approximately €1000 too much, lady desks for gigolos, wormwood chaise longues and bed suites for Nati who apparently had no say in its choice, etc..
I suspect the whole gite-for-Nati is some kind of a dodge, to spend Patreon reno money on remodelling for rentable gites.
It's mind boggling, but she doesn't even grift efficiently enough. And films it all.
Why? Stupidity. And being surrounded by flawed, desperately sad and lonely misfits who enable her stupidity...out of stupidity or greed for themselves and their agendas.
SJ uses people...and they in turn are using her. Karma is ebbing her way...slowly but surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Random notes on ETTC Grifter Chateau Style:
So the reno of Chateau du Sailhant in the Auvergne gives a benchmark idea of what a fortified farmhouse chateau, renovated by a preservation architect with high ethical and taste standards, could look like. It's not my taste (I discovered looking at the pix of the really magical restoration that the whole macho idea of a chateau high on a predatory volcanic spur kind of pisses me off), but it is a respectful, honest and creative restoration. Most impressive to me was the owner's visit to every one of 40 chateaux open to the public in the Auvergne -- so he became an expert on the subject of Auvergne chateau architecture before he did a lick of decor on his place.
Stephanie loves to visit other peoples' chateaux. What strikes a student of ETTC Grifter Chateau Style is the complete absence of reference to the greatest chateau in Indre et Loire, her region, the second-most visited in France, most famous for its female owners, Chenonceau. (This is as bad or worse as complete lack of reference to the local immortal, George Sand, who actually did run a free love salon and artists' colony, just down the road, dressed in trousers, sometimes, a true Bohemian and liberated woman of the 19th century.)
Chenonceau's gardens were created during the French Renaissance by the king's mistress, Diane de Poitiers, and after his death, by his widow, Catherine de Medici. They are absolutely world famous, one of the top five landscape architecture pilgrimage sites, and completely different from the Versailles/parterre model Davy and Dumbo are applying to Lalande. They were for ladies promenading, not for looking down on from a tower. (Monty Don's "Gardens of Power and Passion" in the French gardens series does a good job on Chenonceau's for laymen like me.) In fact, I can just see the original owners of Lalande saying duck you to Louis XIV and all the hegemony of power Versailles and its gardens stood for.
We now know an ethical chateau restorer refers to local sources. And as we know, SJ and the rest of the ETTC Grifters live in their own Disney chateau bubble.
The Chenonceau (and George Sand) style story, long story short: Renaissance (16th c., like the old part of Lalande), Louis XIII at the latest, no curly legs on those chairs, female power at its highest expression was not femme or baroque, or rococo, or Glenn Close liaisons dangereuse in any way. Real female power did not play those ridiculous Murano, shag-the-help, games.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That said, grift emplaced, why would she not be gussying Lalande up more efficiently to sell?
If that is something she'd want to do, she's shot herself in the foot a bit by creating this legion of fans who belive Lalande is the most amazing wonderful place on earth. Imagine the outcry if she announced she's selling the cheateau, after all the money and gifts fans have sent to beautify (ha) the place??

Stephanie loves to visit other peoples' chateaux. What strikes a student of ETTC Grifter Chateau Style is the complete absence of reference to the greatest chateau in Indre et Loire, her region, the second-most visited in France, most famous for its female owners, Chenonceau.
She's got at least one entire vlog about a visit to Chenonceau, and has referenced it many times in passing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just watched 10 mins of ‘Chateau Love’s ‘ supposed visit to Lalande, hoping to see the real state of the place. OMG, I think SJ has met her match with this one - she’s managed to make it all about her! Don’t know if I can take much more of her sycophantic gushing!

• Haha
  • Heart
If that is something she'd want to do, she's shot herself in the foot a bit by creating this legion of fans who belive Lalande is the most amazing wonderful place on earth. Imagine the outcry if she announced she's selling the cheateau, after all the money and gifts fans have sent to beautify (ha) the place??

She's got at least one entire vlog about a visit to Chenonceau, and has referenced it many times in passing.

Good point. Lalande is the goose that laid the golden egg.
I somehow suspect the Patreons would wet their big girl panties in rapture if their heroine sold out and bought a 19th c. McMansion like Edd and Anna's, though. She would get even my attention if she bought a mouldy old sewage-soaked palazzo in Venice.o_O That would take real cojones, though, and narcs don't have them.
Thanks, I missed the Chenonceau blog.
I'm not seeing any reference to it, I meant to say, in the decoration of Lalande or Davy's plan for the garden. She hits the later, rococo, imperial Versailles button every time. Appropriate (sensitive, respectful) local reference would be to Chenonceau, Renaissance. Sorry for not making myself clearer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Just watched 10 mins of ‘Chateau Love’s ‘ supposed visit to Lalande, hoping to see the real state of the place. OMG, I think SJ has met her match with this one - she’s managed to make it all about her! Don’t know if I can take much more of her sycophantic gushing!
From 18:25 her video really shows what a mismatched mess the place is.

1624977509412.png

• Sick
  • Haha
She’s probably charging to promote the chateaux visits because she is the leader of the YouTube cult.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.