Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shatcho shiek

VIP Member
oh no wishing you a recovery as out of the loop for a week now, the weather here has been a hell of high, and the humidity unbearable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Someone on here describe Philly on Chateau Life as moving in circles - that is so descriptive.
His vlogs are so bad - he does 2 minutes of something and then spends the rest of the time talking about what isn't working and what has to be done.

• Haha
  • Sad

Kickintheass

VIP Member
My hubby would relegate PJs Zara shirt to the rag bag if I bought (never in a million years) it for him.

• Haha
  • Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
That coat and skirt turned out to be linen, the heavier kind. Imagine the state of it after a day in pouring rain. She spends so much money on expensive clothes but treats them so carelessly. She doesn't even show respect for things, let alone for animals and people. If you claim to like clothes and beautiful objects, surely you should look after them. Think of all the silk and cashmere stuff that was put away unclean and then got ruined by moths. There's probably also loads of fabric and books that have been eaten by something or become mouldy with damp. She throws money down the drain and couldn't care less because there's more coming in every month. Then people give her gifts which are chucked in a corner and forgotten about. Why can't they see the facts for themselves?
---

Of course not, it's lying on the floor somewhere providing a tasty meal for moths.
A trust fund friend of mine, who was also smart, once explained to me you're grown up when you realize you have to pay to get the suede jacket you wore out in the rain cleaned.
A concept which dawns later on some than others.
I think it's part of Jarvis' weird body dysmorphia. Where it's not real unless it's on video.
Kind of lame, but kind of not:
Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 12.43.46 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Lady Lindy

Chatty Member
Thanks @ComtesseRose for another thread and I think the title says it all. Fanny said there would be two flogs on Saturday one on on her Grand Tour shite channel and a normal CD one. She can't even do that let alone renovate she simply can't be arsed. Had to fast forward a lot of that tour it was so hammy and gushing and her annunciation of sensual was absolutely cringe making. It is all becoming unwatchable for me.

On the Smug's I like a lot of what Anna does but her rooms look like they have just been decorated and all the stuff that is to make a home is yet to be put in place. No paintings, no layering of texture with fabrics and objects and it doesn't look cosy or finished. Same with the garden just very austere planting.
That's because they plan to flip it!

• Heart

FecilitéJ

I have to interject... Halloween actually originated in Ireland.

I love the room nicknames. We are great at nicknaming Street art here in Dublin Ireland.
Molly Malone statue is The Tart with the Cart'
The millennium countdown clock in the river Liffey was the chime in the slime.
The Annliffey statue (reclining lady in fountain). The floozy in the jacuzzi or the whore in the sewer. (Pronounced who r)
Spire (basically a tall needle column) The nail in the pale or the stiffy by the Liffey.
Two ladies sitting chatting with well known store bags alongside. The hags with the bags.
Our latest yet to be formally nicknamed is a portal video link direct to the flat iron area in NY.
Yep, in Belfast we have Nuala with the Hula, and The Balls on the Falls. 🤣

• Haha

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Wasn’t she living in France already? And she has family here as much as I remember? She is a born Ukrainian, but hasn’t lived there for years.
Her father lives in France and I believe her sister lives in Switzerland. Wasn’t Pavlina related to a violinist who stayed at the dump as a guest?

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
It's very special. The number one best book I've ever read is similar, a historian found a bunch of 14th c verbatim court transcripts of the Inquisition of the last of the Cathars, residents of a lost Occitan village called Montaillou, which disappeared 700 years ago with them. The transcripts had been sitting around the Vatican unread for centuries. In the late 60s or early 70s, Ladurie, the historian of the annales school of history found them and resurrected the village, all its characters, dwellings, occupations, and the Cathar world, which also ended with the execution of the villagers. Previously history had been thought to be the story of 30 white boys in Paris. But the annalistes looked to different sources and infrastructures and records and came up with this absolutely transcendent method of resurrecting a whole universe disappeared in a genocide. (See also IB Singer's short stories, which won a Nobel prize for doing the same. This one Singer chose to lead his vast collection, to signify his life as a writer, and I cry every time I read it.)
Brits got on to the annaliste way with Akenfield. in 1969, by Roland Blythe, which chronicled the disappearing agricultural lives that Suffolk villagers had literally lived for thousands of years. They who come, till the soil, and lie beneath -- Tindall quotes this
So Gillian Tindall, lucky for us, did the same for Chassignoles, 12 minutes from Crozon. One of Celestine's suitors, who wrote one of the letters Tindall recreated their world from, lived in Crozon and so its early 19th c life, and millennia previous, are resurrected a little too. I will precis when I finish, it's important to know the universe Stephanie Jarvis disrespects so heinously, and to pay attention to it. Tindall's bibliography of French histories of the Berry (the disappearance of wolves!!!! The Grande Meaulnes!!!!!) could make you yelp with frustration Jarvis knows and cares nothing. Her stupid Dangerous Liaisons Lalande aristo fantasy is of the old dead school of 30 white boys in Paris history and completely out of whack with the lively culture that's been happening around there for tens of thousands of years.
Oxford educated and functionally illiterate.
I see this book soon turning up a Lalande and Despicable fanny spouting enthusiastically about it. Either she, or one of her sycophantic fans, will see it being discussed here and it will be one of her must haves.

• Sick
  • Heart