The Chateau Diaries #307 Stephanie Jarvis, how do other châteaux progress but yours does not?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Tartuffe for the thread title - an honourable mention goes to Lucie Vernay on the YouTube.

Congratulations to our newest VIP member @shatcho shiek, the honour of naming a thread still applies, just tag me, when you're ready.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

graciemckitten
VIP Member

Thursday at 7:03 PM
Saw a reference to a new unflattering review on the other chateau discussion site ( thank you contributor) so I pulled up the review before Fanny got it deleted.
Enjoy the review of their stay from hell at the holiday from hygiene dump. It appears Stephanie needs to stay at her Dump and clean, as well as breaking out her stash of very expensive new towels, likely locked up in her apartment, instead of shopping, traveling, and vacationing nonstop. She is aware of a dirty, filthy, dismal condition of the dump, and the sub standard service. She just doesn’t care.

We knew the expensive new towels were not going to make it to the guest rooms. They are all in Stephanie‘s room. I bet none of the new expensive sheets made it to the guest rooms. Stephanie‘s old expensive sheets are probably being used in the guest rooms.

mrsjones815 wrote a review Apr 2024
Cheltenham, United Kingdom64 contributions62 helpful votes

A cold and dirty room.
Where to begin.
Towels !!! I have resisted writing a review until by chance I watched a snippet of Chateau Diaries which features life at the chateau. They were celebrating the arrival of beautiful big white Yves Delorme bath towels for their guest rooms. How unfortunate for us they were not in our bathroom when we stayed. Instead we were given four small towels in horrid colours that according to the chateaux owner Stephanie on today’s vlog, were 20 years old. I can believe it Stephanie. Worse, these towels do not get changed during your stay. In our case 3 nights. Given there was no heating in our room or anywhere in the chateau and literally no where to hang the towels in the bathroom we could not get them to dry. There was quite some surprise when we asked for dry towels.

Whilst dwelling on the bathroom the only complimentary toiletries were a tiny bar of soap. Any other toiletries were left from previous guests. How disgusting.

To say the room called Bon Maman was tired is an understatement. I can forgive that to some extent but it’s hard to forgive the thickest of dust underneath the entire bed. This was visible sitting on the sofa across from the bed. Initially I thought it was a shadow but put my finger on the floor to discover it rally was thick dust which must have been there for months. Perhaps not too surprising as the rooms are not serviced at all during your stay with the exception of emptying the waste bin. No bed making or bathroom or bedroom cleaning at all. Apparently this is because they’re a b and b not a hotel. Seriously???

I made Stephanie aware of the thick dust under the bed in a subsequent email. She didn’t respond.
The price was 870 Euros for three nights including a very simple, very basic breakfast.

I have never paid 290 Euros per night for a room with no heating in late October, with no toiletries, horrid towels etc. I also haven’t mentioned the flies that kept flooding into the room through a door off the bathroom. The staff knew of the issue before our visit and occasionally came to hoover them out.

Apparently all of the above is acceptable because you get to have dinner with Stephanie (for an additional 75 euros pp for a three course set meal which was very very average
)

This review won’t bother Stephanie as she told me she hadn’t read Tripadvisor for over a year. She will continue to focus on pulling in the literally thousands of euros from her vlogs. Based on her figures of how many patrons she has and the minimum subscription fee she’s earning 250,000 euros just from that never mind the almost daily vlogs

I just wish that my husband and I had not contributed to her pot.

Last edited: Thursday at 7:08 PM
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions:You, LadyRed, BlessingoftheHounds and 57 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Wednesday at 11:17 AM
I don’t know why Stephanie & Philip want to keep it a secret, I think it’s pretty obvious that he wants to use the thrift store squirrel taxidermy as the topper for their wedding cake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Bleu Lala, Granola Chic and 56 others

TorontoGWM

VIP Member

Wednesday at 10:13 AM
IMG_2029.jpeg

---
IMG_2013.jpeg

Last edited: Wednesday at 10:23 AM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, StephaniesSupportConsort, BlessingoftheHounds and 48 others

graciemckitten
VIP Member

Wednesday at 2:21 PM
I cannot believe there was enough from room in the bolt hole for Stephanie, Phi Phi, and all of her memories of Daddy Derek and her grandmother.How many times does Stephanie calculatingly use her dead relatives to manipulate viewers into feeling sorry for the millionairee 50 year old little orphan princess in one video as well as trying to downplay the French apartment and why the con artist has not mentioned the apartment in the past 5 + years while she has been actively begging millions of euros/collars. Let’s count:
  1. She tries to minimize the value of the apartment by stating that her father paid $26,000 for the apartment, 25 years ago. $26,000 in 1999 is worth $48,743.29 today. Is she lying about the original purchase price? Probably, surprised she didn't say they purchased the apartment for 50 euros.
  2. She is out of content, she has no renovations or restoration to show with Patreon funding, and has to now introduce the apartment to viewers (that she hasn't mentioned in over 5.5 years that she has been ebegging) since she will nowhave to chase her aunt and uncle down at their new home in France to film content. She didn't give a tit about the area until her aunt and uncle purchased a home 15 minutes away from the apartment. Now, she has a storyline about her deceased grandmother, the sad little orphan princess, and a reason to harass her relatives in the area.
  3. She tries to say that she went with her parents regularly to the apartment. Her father died in 2009. She claims the reason she stopped going to the apartment was because her grandmother died in 2018 and "the last time she came to the apartment was for her funeral."
  4. She then makes a sad face, attempts to cry, and states she "didn’t have a heart to come back after that", so she has not returned to the apartment in six years and "that is why she has never brought you (beloved viewer/friend she has been fleecing for years with lies) before." See the emotional manipulation.
  5. Again,Stephanie had to come up with a reason to introduce the apartment, yet another piece of real estate for the supposedly destitute master beggar little orphan princess, so she can film the apartment, and the surrounding areas, to include her aunt and uncle’s new place, for content. She has nothing else to show and she has been spending all the patreon money for herself. She has to be careful formally acknowledging yet another asset, while she is hard core begging for millions of dollars in money.
  6. She then assures viewers that she is not wasteful because it has been used and she is so kind she lets friends stay at the apartment, mentioned Annnalise and her kids (to make her look like she likes children and to have a connection with Dan and his channel), Marie has been here a few times (last week when they all had to vacate the Dump for her music group and she had no where to go?), Dana, and even Mummy and Percy (when has that ever happened in the past 6 years). She later slips up and mentions renters who have stayed at the apartment. The apartment is regularly rented out for money. Whoops!
  7. She then states again, " It's just I haven't had the heart"........ but "since my aunt and uncle have moved to the south" she thought it was time to stay in the apartment so "she could see their house" and then she tries to act like she and phi phi are a real couple, by stating, "it was time for Philllip to come and discover the area." Remember 90% of these videos are scripted.
  8. She then claims, " I'm loving all these memories are flooding back, but not in a bad way, but in a very good way." More scripted emotional manipulation.
  9. " I can't believe I've stayed away all this time because I was scared of how I'd feel." It's good to be back and its great to be here.”
  10. She then insults Phillip by saying, "no flat is too small to make a dramatic table."
  11. Hoarder Stephanie mentioned they cleared out 20 years of crap left in the drawers at the apartment but still dealt with closets of Daddy Derek clothing at the Dump.
  12. Again, "I've forgotten how wonderful it was. I think it was too painful, the thought of coming back."
  13. She has to do a dead Daddy Derek comment about his paintings in the apartment.
  14. She shows a filthy, stained tablecloth and junk they are going to drop off for charity. She shows disgustingly lumpy gross pillows that people have been using at the apartment for years. She was donated the gross pillow to charity. What a witch, just like she tried to donate the old, dirty stained mattresses to charity instead of taking them to the tip.The Jarvis family is a filthy, dirty, nasty lot.
  15. She pretends she is thrifty by talking up the inexpensive plates purchased for the apartment.
  16. She goes on and on about Daddy Derek and her purchasing teacup, etc. and tries to maintain the Daddy Derek teacup theme in the apartment.
  17. She then does a disingenuous ad for an app game and say, "I've dragged myself away from the game because it is time for us to go."
  18. More emotional heartstrings manipulation. " I'm remembering all the food from my childhood."
  19. HUGE EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION AND BULLSHIT. I'm seeing this as starting afresh. This is a new life. I'm NO LONGER SCARED TO COME TO THE SOUTH OF FRANCE and I know I'll be coming here a lot more in the future to be near my aunt and uncle. " The fact that they have moved here is what has sort of unlocked my desire to return."
  20. They go junk shopping and Stephanie does a very hammy, over the top, scripted bit with a stuffed squirrel.
  21. She desperately attempts to portray the gruesome twosome as a couple..... we love .....we're looking for quite often we find things we love...She calls that creature "darling, and " my darling"
  22. Stephanie played her usual game of pretending to be thrifty at Emmaus, worrying over a 1 euro difference price, before selecting her 100th pitcher. It is the same bullshit show she has done over and over and over, every time they are at a store, brocante, auction, etc.
  23. She intentionally interejected a cutesy story (who knows it is was true.... probably not) about her biting the ends of bread off and her grandmother pretending that a mouse had eaten the bread on the way home from the bakery. She them talks about memories of food and her grandmother.
  24. Isabell and Stephanie are all over the comment section of the video. Stephanie is worried. She is interjecting official comments from the Château diaries channel and trying to peer as if she cares about her viewers and wants to interact with them. Of course, her fake account Caroline Gooder is also posting lots of comments. Grifters are going to grift.
  25. I do not believe that the apartment has been given to Stephanie yet. Isabell has showed up in the comments for this video and I think she is pissed that Stephanie is pretending the apartment is already hers. You don’t get between a Jarvis and their money/ property, that includes you to Stephanie. I believe the apartment is still her mother’s apartment, but Stephanie claims it as around just the same as Philip claims all of the Jarvis properties and possessions as his own.
  26. you could tell that Philip felt like he was slumming being in the small French apartment. He is such a loser. He couldn’t wait to go shopping. He just wants junk. 24 hours a day every day of the week. He has an obvious addiction to shopping, hoarding, alcohol, exercise, and work.

Last edited: Wednesday at 2:28 PM
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:StephaniesSupportConsort, dumbblonde, JulesWake and 48 others

JackSpratt

VIP Member

Wednesday at 7:59 AM
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread as usual and to @TorontoGWM you ledgend for nming it.

I'm 4 min in and she's ticked me off already. Didn't all of our parents buy a 'bolt hole' appartment in a prime location in the South of France? Saying it like it's common practice plus mocking that fact it's so small. Prime example of a spoiled bratt.

That pompous hole has been in the place not even 24hrs and has already begun to offload things bought over the years (I wonder how Mummy feels about this) and replace with his. He'll be abe to go mental buying stuff for the terrace next. Like the proverbial Tom Cat pissing on everything to mark his territory. :sick: 🤬 God he's insufferable, making snide comments about a place that's not even his. bleeping hell first world problems and all, get the smelling salts, the table cloth is too small.

More stuff from Emmaus 🤦‍♀️, what about bringing down some bits that are going in the storage containers or things you had in the gift grab.

I couldn't imagine Mr Spratt spending hours trying out table cloths and rearranging glasses in kitchen cupboards. Keep convincing yourself Steffie he's straight.

Simone's thinking 'yessssss, finally got rid of those glasses'

ps. I had those plates and the sunflower cups about 30 years ago from Whittards of Chelsea.
---
I bring to you from The Gibbon's FB group

Winner of stupid comment of the day with regards the South of France 'Bolt Hole' goes to.........🏆🥈🥁

Sue Tzu
They should renovate that place.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In other news Sarah and Steve are getting married, before Fanny and Trixie. Bet she didn't get a Mentos engagement ring.

Last edited: Wednesday at 8:19 AM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, MsPitstop, Ginginger and 47 others

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member

Wednesday at 11:44 AM
From personal experience, I know there is no timetable or template for grief, and nobody reacts in the same way. However, I simply cannot abide someone using their experience to capitalise on it. Stephanie has used her father’s death as a prop since the beginning of Chateau Diaries. She is now doing the same thing with her grandmother’s memory. It’s vile. Manipulative. Calculated. And numbskull fans lap it up.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions:You, JulesWake, crabandoyster and 46 others

tuffiti

Thursday at 6:06 PM
Today's Patreon flog:

fp.jpg

Stephanie Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries is a scam. Free Lancelot.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions:Alice Strictknickers, T Rex, Ginginger and 45 others

As always, thank you all who contribute.
Remember we have a wiki
Happy Tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A big Monday morning merci @ComtesseRose for the new thread.

Has Stephanie forgotten the log on details for her Grand Tour channel? I thought she had a few vlogs “in the can” and ready to go, to be shown independently of the usual CD vlogs. Why was the Art Nouveau chateau under the Chateau Diaries’ banner? Or did she simply not bother to cobble together some CD drivel? Not that’s there’s much drivel to work from.

I won’t be watching her gushing cod history like an uncapped fire hyrdrant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks @ComtesseRose for another thread and I think the title says it all. Fanny said there would be two flogs on Saturday one on on her Grand Tour shite channel and a normal CD one. She can't even do that let alone renovate she simply can't be arsed. Had to fast forward a lot of that tour it was so hammy and gushing and her annunciation of sensual was absolutely cringe making. It is all becoming unwatchable for me.

On the Smug's I like a lot of what Anna does but her rooms look like they have just been decorated and all the stuff that is to make a home is yet to be put in place. No paintings, no layering of texture with fabrics and objects and it doesn't look cosy or finished. Same with the garden just very austere planting.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Thanks @ComtesseRose for the new thread.

I’m starting to think I’m a masochist having anything to do with Franny and Snorts and the getting smaller everyday ensemble cast but I can’t look away.
It’s the shrinking cast that freaks me out like she’s lost Dana, Tess and doll baby, All her ex lovers, mummy 🦇 and Percy (who probably won’t be back), Pavlova, sorry Paulina and Maria, it’s like when she used to mention renovations and then they never mentioned again these people just disappear. Are they murdered? Are they in the new foundations of the chapel? Where is Mis Marple or Herclue Poroit to solve this dilemma.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I knew I would wake up to a shiny new thread this morning. Thank you @ComtesseRose for making it all possible. Bravo @Tartuffe for name/nom. A special call out to Lucie... pretty sure you read here, come on in and join us. The waters lovely!

It is a bank holiday in France today - Pentecôte, and I have a bit of a day ahead of me... it's sheep shearing day. My girls may not be happy while the deed is being done but, apparently, summer will be arriving next week. So, we'll go from damp humid can't decide if it's hot or cold to the inferno of Hades! Oh goody.

It's me and my friend, with our 6 sheep, and the sheep shearing team. Everyone else has decided they absolutely must work this bank holiday! My girls are pretty docile, generally, and I already have last years experience under my belt but... wish me luck.

If the day goes well I may suffer Despicable fanny's tour of the villa in Agde later. Just to say it was not an exclusive visit and it's been open to the public a good year now.

Liar, liar pants on fire.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Angel Strawbridge's collection started off with the wallpaper design (let's not go there) but it ended up on all sorts. Anna may be on the right road.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread.

Morning campers from a rain lashed Vendée. At this rate I'm going to have to start considering trading the car for a boat, it's pissing down.

Good see Fanny channelling her inner Judith Chalmers again. Trixie almost managed to keep quiet.

I did think Ollie would have liked to have visited there but he's better off going with Camila.

Must admit I'd love to see it, so it's on our list for the next time we take a holiday down south.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread.

Morning campers from a rain lashed Vendée. At this rate I'm going to have to start considering trading the car for a boat, it's pissing down.

Good see Fanny channelling her inner Judith Chalmers again. Trixie almost managed to keep quiet.

I did think Ollie would have liked to have visited there but he's better off going with Camila.

Must admit I'd love to see it, so it's on our list for the next time we take a holiday down south.
And we'll meet under a clock tower somewhere... twinnie

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A big Monday morning merci @ComtesseRose for the new thread.

Has Stephanie forgotten the log on details for her Grand Tour channel? I thought she had a few vlogs “in the can” and ready to go, to be shown independently of the usual CD vlogs. Why was the Art Nouveau chateau under the Chateau Diaries’ banner? Or did she simply not bother to cobble together some CD drivel? Not that’s there’s much drivel to work from.

I won’t be watching her gushing cod history like an uncapped fire hyrdrant.
I am watching it for you, @NotAChatelaine 🥰!
No, just kidding.
I am only reading the comments. Hilarious!

Sean seems rather jealous of the villa.... :rolleyes:

@seanjamescameron

Looks just like my terraced house.

Now, now, fleurdumal, no need to be so sarcastic!😂🥳

@fleurdumal666
Crumbling foundation much like your own chateau.

nulliusinverba (what a name! Congratulations for that!) - we do NOT need to be reminded of that, thank you very much! 😆

@nulliusinverba3701
In Chateau de Lalande there is a toilet - wrapped(nestle) in art - wallpaper from your father's painting.

I wonder what Joanna Lumley makes of this! o_O

king7519
When Joanna Lumley retires, the television companies ought to employ Stephanie as the new presenter, she is excellent delivering and describing the piece to camera

HAHAHA! Caught out!
ser-hgsri43fhu
So confused why this video is uploaded here. Did you have no content to show?

Seriously, Eileen?
@eileenworth7862
The three chimneys look to me to be a perfect presentation for an impressive hookah collection.

Marylin is sad...
@marilynwade9448
Can't help thinking of Ollie

Sarah has a point there....
@sarahPage-ex1xs
I'm weary of it being everywhere other than lalande, stay at home for a while, that poor dog is either left with Marie or dragged here, there and everywhere, no wonder he got anxious when you were packing the other day. You have a lovely Chateau, try being in it for a while.

Linda almost lost for words.
@lindamounts2193
No thanks.

Doesnt't it just, rigorramos! We are all utterly confused!
😆

rigorramos4288
This video reminded me of you and Ollie’s channel “Travels with my Friend”….how come that it’s been awhile that you’ve put out a new video? How is Mr. Ollie doing?

Ms FeltMouseWendy being just a tad disloyal, methinks.

@wendygrimwood8122
Should have travelled there with your friend Ollie - he would love it !

Margo, why pay??? It is free!:rolleyes:

@Margo12122
4,99 $ Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
@Pekey, how did Mr Pekey go with his walking today?
Walking better on his sticks today Gertie.
He is home and happy to be in his bed and not eating hospital food !
Very tired and in pain but the tablets do help and he just needs to rest .
It has not been a week so in reality he is doing good. :)

• Heart
Walking better on his sticks today Gertie.
He is home and happy to be in his bed and not eating hospital food !
Very tired and in pain but the tablets do help and he just needs to rest .
It has not been a week so in reality he is doing good. :)
And how are you doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
And we'll meet under a clock tower somewhere... twinnie
I'll wear red feathers and a hoolie hoolie skirt :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We want to go back to around the Lavandou area ish (Mrs Spratt's grandparents would regularly holiday in Lavandou back in the day) at some stage for definate. It's on the list.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m just imagining those strawberry shoes on Steph’s lily white legs (as shown in her umpteenth safari vlog - was it the19th or 20th safari?). Her legs will look like a homage to “strawberries and cream.”

Put it on the menu Marie!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
A bit off topic but for anyone who watches the Escape to the Dream channel - what happened to the older man who used to feature - was it Tony? I have not seen him in any videos lately.

Reactions: 14
She had said that the visit to the Art Nouveau house would be on her travel channel but on the previous CD vlog, she then said it would be the next vlog on that channel. It's clear she is devoid of any real content for CD so that's why. However, some patrons will be infuriated that there's more travel stuff and nothing, apart from the gaudy chapel, about renovation. She is most certainly not a good presenter. She speaks far too loudly and far too fast and the constant, self-conscious hair flicking and OTT giant hand and arm gesturing drive me insane. Any place she talks about is just a backdrop for her own centre-stage performance. Ollie would have done a far better job as he knows a lot more about the history and style of Art Nouveau and could have made references to similarities and differences with other places. She basically just likes colour and decoration and had been unable to see the amazing beauty of the Horta house in Brussels, because that is largely really beautifully designed wood but there's very little colour. The editing of her vlog was again, rather odd in places. The thumbnail looks as if there was going to be a completely different presenter. She looked totally different from the actual, much plainer, presenter with very bad skin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
timeless11973
12 minutes ago
Stephanie should take a leaf out of his book. He had heating in 1901 and Lalande is still not heated.
---
@fleurdumal666
1 hour ago
Crumbling foundation much like your own chateau.
---
@user-hgsri43fhu
2 hours ago
So confused why this video is uploaded here. Did you have no content to show?
---
@sarahPage-ex1xs
3 hours ago
I'm weary of it being everywhere other than lalande, stay at home for a while, that poor dog is either left with Marie or dragged here, there and everywhere, no wonder he got anxious when you were packing the other day. You have a lovely Chateau, try being in it for a while.
---
WTT?????🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

jayb429
3 hours ago
What an incredibly talented lady you are :) But your number one skill is to love others, and make everyone feel loved by you. Thank you for letting us be a tiny part of your wonderful life x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.