Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thatsrich

IMHO, their new kitchen is completely devoid of any personality/character. Simply just like any other kind of kitchen straight out of a present day magazine feature. Granted, fabulous carpentry skills supplied via Benoit. It took absolutely months to complete and cost a ridiculous fortune too. Will it stand the test of time and in 1/200 years time be considered an historical feature? :unsure: I personally, think NOT!
The kitchen, while beautiful, took no risks…except for the handmade tiles, which were a nice touch. To me it was all beige, beige, beige. I really expected the wallpaperer to show some real artistry, being a textile designer, and unleash her personal sense of design, maybe push some design boundaries. the lack of originality from someone who was a professional textile designer from a major French designer, Balmain, I believe, has been so underwhelming.

From what I have ever seen or witnessed, Marie Wiik has never been backward in coming forward in her opinion, likes, dislikes OR anything else.
Does anybody know what she "actually" did before arriving at the HMN, apart from being a waitress in Norway? Isn't she approx early 30's now?
Her family background is also rather vague too, obviously, her personal business but it does seem that no matter what went down, it has has some kind of impact on her mental health. Who really knows?
OK, not really my business or an area of concern for me personally. BUT, what exactly makes her think that "random" YT watchers will help her as from where I am sitting, whatever she attempts to achieve, always appears to end in failure of some kind or other. TBH, to me, she is just a nomadic YT/Insta wonderer without a "real" purpose or plan.
And, the apartment thing, is her just viewing NOT, actually deciding and securing a place. God help her future flatmates is all I will say here.
As to the ridiculous IKEA wish list - WTAF??? :rolleyes:
Granted, I am a firm believer in aim to achieve and if you fail, then that is a lesson learnt, BUT ultimately, you do have to learn from those experiences at the end of day!
words and phrases I hate:
influencer
monetize/monetization
hit the notification button
algorithm
sponsored video
patreon
cadeau at the chateau
todays video is sponsored by
buy me a coffee
gofundme
like and subscribe
comment (but don’t be a troll or have any kind of an opinion other than adoration)

I adore flowers, but Marie, stop begging for house supplies. It’s Cringe.
you already scammed a car and thousands of dollars in floral supplies including flowers, vases and tools, gifts, clothes, and jewelry from the chateau gift grab, free rent, free vacation stays, free trips, free clothes, and many perks we probably don’t even know about. Didn’t stephanie also give you money?

you know what those items are….Taxable Earnings. They are also known in business as expenses. Are you in business or just a self-appointed charity? Shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Karma baby!

VIP Member
How do we know you aren't doing an SJ and you really are in an airport going somewhere? :LOL:
Unfortunately I don’t have a news paper handy to take a pic for you… this is the best I can do without looking like a crazy person to everyone in the lounge 😂😂

E63EFE66-7839-48D7-A101-D12EBD993091.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Yebo

VIP Member
I would be happy if she just used all the patreon on renovations but actually she isn't doing any just wasting money on frippery
If I were writing this story, Phillipa will have got a whiff of the impending arrests and clutching it's manicure set in one hand and carrying it's grandmother's china in the other it will have fled to the Low Countries one step ahead of the Gendarmes descending on the farmhouse to arrest the crime family for tax evasion, fraud and theft. Once in the Low Countries Phillipa will have gone to ground only to emerge years later as a go-go dancer in an off the beaten track burlesque theatre, bald and embittered and remembering when it was living in a castle in the middle of nowhere, Queen of all it surveyed.
Armoire will have fled to Argentina with Gnatti and evaded arrest while Isabelle and Percy sheltered in place in South Africa.
Fanny will have been arrested and thrown into jail, where she would have found God and become a nun in between stints of filling in as a dominatrix at the local bordello.
That just leaves Dan... who in my story would be living in a shack in the shadow of his ruined chateau scratching a living by mowing lawns and strimming weeds, becoming more and more peculiar as he loses, one by one, his Turkish teeth. But life is stranger than fiction so let's wait and see what Fanny and co vomit up for us next.

• Haha
  • Heart

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Congratulations to @graciemckitten for naming the thread, and @ploppityplop2 for nominating it.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Monday at 5:38 PM
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions:You, après-le-déluge, Frenchie0810 and 65 others

Ginginger

Chatty Member

Wednesday at 4:30 PM
Alice Allan is pissed off for good reason!
(Apologies if this has been posted already)
C5C7C115-03FD-4B25-864C-AFDFEB2CC22D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:Petit Sange, lolander, Sasha Groves and 50 others

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Thursday at 12:43 PM
agent-carter-hayley-atwell.gif
shelagh ward

13 hours ago
Why do people send sooooo much stuff ? . I find it strange ?

Tommy Keegan
1 day ago (edited)
What a bunch of narsistic phonies.These people are worth millions.
Chateau Joe
17 hours ago
Is your frozen heart not melted by the joy of watching wealthy people opening gifts under the guise of charity?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Freesia54, pink roses and 48 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Monday at 6:15 PM
Clara Burnett said:
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.
I’m amazed at the speed SJ churns through people. The whole process, from start to finish…love bombing to dismissal…can be counted in months. SJ’s history with Dan could be a case study in narcissism. I remember when Dan was first introduced, then elevated to a pedestal, eventually sidelined, and now kicked to the curb. It’s a revolving door at the farmhouse. What a shallow life. Think about it…the person SJ has chosen as her companion/partner…the person she is supposedly most closely connected, shares emotions, thoughts, feelings, and continues to “stick around”…is PhiPhi…26 years old, uneducated, uncultured, unskilled, and naive (but he probably has an agenda). Astounding and embarrassing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:You, Sookiesweets, StephaniesSupportConsort and 46 others

C'est moi

VIP Member

Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Thank you so much @T Rex , @Just Grift Wood . Sadly my cat didn't make it, we had to make the decision to say our final au revoir on boxing day. It's been just too sad.

I've been hanging around on the periphery of all your banter you witty haters, trolls and queens. Bonne année, meilleurs voeux à toutes et tous. I can't believe it's already 10th January! I've missed a lot on here but I see everything stays the same at the shitshow...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, Sasha Groves, Karma baby! and 42 others

💔💔💔🙏🙏🙏💗💗💗

Remember we have a wiki.
Happy Tattling.

• Heart

Jules100

VIP Member
Unfortunately I don’t have a news paper handy to take a pic for you… this is the best I can do without looking like a crazy person to everyone in the lounge 😂😂

View attachment 1888021
I finally got my dark / light reverse osmosis ultra filter fixed! It was very expensive and the guys really looked at me funny. Well, you all know it’s hard for me to pass up a reflection pic…
EFCA3DCE-411A-49CC-86A5-1195C98FEDEA.jpeg

Look who’s trying to derail, again? Brenda gibbons, BOOM!
C03EB06F-4274-438F-84CA-A0902C6EA0D3.jpeg

• Haha

Jules100

VIP Member
I do wonder what kind of power Stephanie has over weirdo men? Although weirdos are the only kind of men in her life. She got two poor, dumb, not that good at anything fellows (Selmar and Dan the gardener) to drop everything and go after the dream of owning a chateau just like her. Maybe it’s actually three, but unbeknownst to Stephanie, Philip is after Lalande. Ok, technically it’s five, with Nic Larkin and Michael Potts, they seem to have money, but still count in my theory. Also, according to what I read here on TL, Stephanie has slept with all of them, gross.

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Pippin, it sounds like you have had a very tough past few days and especially difficult past 24 hours. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your mother felt comforted by your presence and heard every word you whispered to her. Please be kind to yourself.

Hopefully, some of the experiences below may provide you with some comfort about your mother’s last few hours and passing today:

My father waited until I had left the room to take his last breath. I had been on night duty with my Dad and a nurse for the last 22 nights of his hospice care at the family home he shared with my narc mom, his wife of 53 years. He had been essentially comatose and unresponsive the last 3 days of his life.

My Dad had a very difficult time during the night hours and could not sleep until the last 3 days where he was non responsive. He died of small cell carcinoma of the prostate, a very aggressive cancer.

One thing my Dad and I discussed before his final days in hospice care was a passage I had read in a book about a mother’s experience in watching her profoundly disabled son die in a hospice setting. They were incredibly close in life as he relied upon his mother to do everything for him.

The mother watched as his breaths grew more and more shallow and erratic as her son edged closer to death. After the son had passed, he quickly communicated with his mother and explained to her what it was like to die, and that with each breath he skipped while in his body here on earth during the dying process, he was taking a breath in heaven and that as his breathing grew more shallow on earth, he was breathing more fully on the side of heaven and was joyfully and painlessly completing his transition to the other side. He explained that he could hear every word she spoke, even when he was considered comatose, and was very comforted by her presence and grateful for the care and love she had given him thru out his lifetime.

So, during the first few days of his hospice care, I asked Dad if this was true and that is what he experienced when he passed, to give me a sign after he died. On the 22nd night of hospice, I had just left my father’s room after administering a final dose of morphine and a couple of minutes after I passed thru the bedroom door, the nurse called me back and said he is gone. So I went back into the bedroom and lifted up his little Shih Tzu Gidget to the hospital bed to say her final goodbye to my Dad, who had just passed away. After a few minutes, I said, okay Dad, is what the disabled young man said to his mother true with you. Did you have the same experience?

The new light bulb in the bedroom lamp next to his hospital bed in the bedroom suddenly blew out/ burnt out and went dark and the overhead lights in the room forcefully flickered twice. The nurse freaked out, but I think Dad was confirming that he had the same type of experience as the young man.

I think it is possible your mom had a similar experience and a joyful transition to heaven. I know she was grateful and appreciate for all you have done for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

JackSpratt

VIP Member
i know they work a lott with these blocks in France...have to say...never been close to a buildingsite there...but it looks odd to me..those blocks get damp...does it need insulation and plasterboard on the inside.?? or is he putting another stone wall up on the inside.?? its all very strange...
If he's got any sense and we know that's doubtful, the interior needs decent insulatation as I would hope the rest of that house has and then plasterboarded out. It would never surprise me for one of his up and coming dailies to be 'The extention fell down'.

View attachment 1889175
This 👇 comment from Alice Allan, over a month ago...

Alice Allan
1 month ago
My name at the end is not listed on patrons! What’s going on?
The Chateau Diaries
1 month ago
I don’t know, I’ll look into it straight away, Alice ❤

This 👇comment was posted by @Ginginger, in the last thread.
There are now replies but no action from Stephanie Jarvis, Philip Janssen or Natalia Oliveto???
Interesting, Lin Gell joined YT, Dec 13, 2022.
Alice Allan
7 days ago
You basically do what ever you want anyway! I’m still waiting to hear from Stephanie as to why my name was removed as patron. The last donation was toward your goal for the salon. If I didn’t make that large donation you wouldn’t have made your goal!!!! Should I be requesting a refund!!!!
Lin Gell
5 days ago
How rude ! Lots of us are patrons we donate because we want to . Not for the glory or for any particular project or for anything in return, just for the love of everything Lalande .
Alice Allan
5 days ago
@Lin Gell lm not rude! It’s certainly not for any reconnection ! I just happen to notice my name wasn’t on the patron list. As I have been a patron for three years.
Lin Gell
5 days ago
@Alice Allan You wrote that they wouldn’t have the money for the salon without you …really … I doubt that ! And if you don’t want recognition why say . I never even looked for my name .
Alice Allan
5 days ago
@Lin Gell why are you so hostile? Of course if I didn’t make a substantial donation the goal would continue…. But YES I want my name on the list of patrons, because I do support Lalande with monetary donations and gifts.
Brilliant, come on Alice go for the jugular, the 15 and the hags are right behind you.

I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
Right there with you, having just gone through the same. I wasn't even in the same country when my Mum passed in November. My brother and sister in law beat themselves up because they were not there either. Mum died in the arms of one of her favourite carers and I know that's how she wanted it not us sitting around her bedside. Do not feel guilty, you've done what you needed/ wanted to do for your Mum and she would have known. Your Dad was there and came and got her because she was ready. xxxxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Vlogging on Yt is not for sissies...Many of those people led realy anonimous lives..but when you expose your lifestyle on YT you must have a skin like a rhino...There are always people who critisize you...your looks..what you say...what you wear...how your house looks like...where you pay it from..

Thats why there is very little of me to find on internet...there is...off course..but we like to keep our life private...for as much as possible..i think we could make a very interesting vlog about our estate and lives...it also would invlove i had to keep a lot of our friends out...i know i would loose a lott of them when i would vlog our time together..Also i think it can be very dangerous to display your live on YT..

Fanny uses YT as a source of income...also Patreon...she is selling her soul to the devil...but she doesnt care...untill at one point some lunatic is entering her kitchen...or bedroom...i think she is playing with fire...i wouldnt sleep a wink..

• Heart

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Do we have a title bank for those that get nominated but not used?
  • That simpering, unemployed Dutch boy has landed with his patsy bum in the butter hasn’t he! ~ Kotare
  • They’re both as shallow as the Lalande puddle that reflects Fanny’s narc image! ~ Princess And The Pea
  • We’ve had arse bread at LieLande, now it’s crotch cups! ~ MRShavershamsdress
  • Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth ~ Abuela
  • Restrain the vain insane chatelaine ~ Iolair
  • Fanny is so full of crap it’s pushed up to make a cleavage ~ sideways
  • It’s Patreon Daze, beware of the gnomes erh Mummy and Percy ~ NoImNotAHorse
  • Alcohol and painkillers… So Lalande! ~ Jules100
  • Fanny hurt her back from carrying all her grifted money to the bank !!! ~ Pekey; Nom. Just Grift Wood
  • True aristocrats have exotic gardens, SJ has Hapsburg peacocks ~ DEEPblue82; Nom. ~ T Rex
  • Fanny and Philippa are the laziest lesbian couple in the world ~ BigGreenMeany; Nom. ~ ploppityplop2
  • The back goes out when the work comes out !!! :devilish: ~ Pekey; Nom ~ MRShavershamsdress
  • Her lady boy he needs to do something other than making out the chateau is his ~ Sfyns; Nom ~ Shari Holloway
  • The wardrobe, the witch, and the audacity of this bitch ~ LadyRed; Nom. Madame No
  • Can’t finish the grand salon. We’re broke. Spent a month of Patreon $$$$ at Disneyland! ~ TorontoGWM
  • Punch him, just punch him and then punch him again! ~ Patriciarella
  • I’d prefer a room attached to my balcony ~ Patriciarella
  • Stephanie Jarvis has changed the conditions of her Patreon account and still is yet to file any ~ JustGriftWood
  • I do not Gettid, is Fanny hunting us down? ~ Patriciarella & Frenchessence
  • Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper ~ Le Comte of Monte Cristo; Nom. Iolair
  • Fanny LaFlash’ Fabulous Farmhouse of Flaming Feck All ~ MRSHavishamsdress; Nom. T Rex

• Haha
  • Heart
Okay sports fans. This thread’s discussion of grabeaux and Caroline Gooder’s role in defending the inhabitants of the shitt-oh and promoting ad watching finally set me off. I spent several hours this morning (I’m off work, bored af and irritated, so sue me) reporting every GAG video, the Grabeaux at the Château channel AND Goody Gooder to YouTube for a variety of offenses. I wasn’t expecting much of a reply but I’m guessing Alphabet is still smarting from the EU’s latest smackdown, this is what I received…

C3D9C87A-3861-4340-859B-820FA1AC3235.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
No shit Dan, keeping things accurate as you build means that doors, windows etc will as a result fit properly. Who would have thought it? I have never before commented about his partner, but she must be as fcukin mindless as him. The interior of the car was a tip, they remind me of trailer trash, what a shower of clampits.
The hairdresser’s car reminds me of the French Beans’ chateau - a mess. 😂

A1FC93C2-57C7-47C5-BF6F-4ED6526739F3.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Margo Polo

VIP Member
There was a meme doing the rounds on FB a while ago showing that the cars of women tend to be bomb sites and their houses immaculate whereas mens cars are immaculate and their houses bomb sites. In our family I can confirm this theory 🤣. Annalise has two young children and a job, feck the car, she’s busy enough.
I was a single mom of three boys, two born the same year. I cleaned when they slept. My car was clean. I even washed it every week along with vacuuming it out… oh yeah, I also had a full time job. You make the time. Get the kids involved.

• Heart

john eccles

No shit Dan, keeping things accurate as you build means that doors, windows etc will as a result fit properly. Who would have thought it? I have never before commented about his partner, but she must be as fcukin mindless as him. The interior of the car was a tip, they remind me of trailer trash, what a shower of clampits.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tea with lemon

VIP Member
@C'est moi About the narc Aunt you can never win with a narc. I would give her a few items you're not fussed about and say you can't find the ones that are important to you and you want to keep. I am sorry about your Mum and that you have a narc relative to deal with. The best thing of all is to cut the narc out of your life but not always possible I know. Hope she is not adding a lot of stress to your life. xxxxxx

I was horrified to see how little Dan has done to Annalise's house-what has he been doing with his time? They are still living in an unfinished hovel and the selfish prick has bought a derelict ruin -oh because he is so flush with cash. He is so deluded and selfish he hasn't even got a car, a job and thinks he is interesting enough to captivate an audience. He can buy two bottles of Scotch for him and Amaury to get hammered, can have a jolly to Marrakesh but can't buy materials to finish a house for the kids. Annalise's car was a pig sty the inside absolutely filthy and littered with rubbish what is wrong with all these people. The kids are sweet little boys it is sad to see their Dad hasn't bothered to give them somewhere clean and safe to live. They can't possibly play outside on that building site. Dan can't even organise petrol for his cement mixer-he has his head in the clouds the chateau has been really bad for him.

I started thinking why I watched Fanny in the first place and it was because I love renovating, fabrics, antiques, china etc but I am beginning to question my own sanity. I have nearly finished my renovating and she is still at square one. As for Dan what is interesting about a middle aged man driving around in a Nissan Micra getting petrol.His level of workmanship is shoddy and slap dash at best. Dan is not special or interesting and neither is Fanny once you realise her only interest is herself. When I first started watching I wasn't worried about how she spent the money but then I started to realise how much money she was grifting and their was seismic shift in my opinion-she owes it to patrons to do some work and do it to a high standard. The lifestyle she is living can't merely be funded from the ad revenue or can it?
That's exactly how I thought too. He brought eight blocks in the trunk, went again for fuel and in the evening once more for whiskey. I think whiskey costs more than eight blocks and two liters of gas.
He built those eight blocks, and the stone for the steps. Now that too will stand for who knows how long until he brings another eight blocks again.
If I lived in that house, with all that mess around, I would go crazy. Literally crazy.

• Heart

Yebo

VIP Member
@C'est moi About the narc Aunt you can never win with a narc. I would give her a few items you're not fussed about and say you can't find the ones that are important to you and you want to keep. I am sorry about your Mum and that you have a narc relative to deal with. The best thing of all is to cut the narc out of your life but not always possible I know. Hope she is not adding a lot of stress to your life. xxxxxx

I was horrified to see how little Dan has done to Annalise's house-what has he been doing with his time? They are still living in an unfinished hovel and the selfish prick has bought a derelict ruin -oh because he is so flush with cash. He is so deluded and selfish he hasn't even got a car, a job and thinks he is interesting enough to captivate an audience. He can buy two bottles of Scotch for him and Amaury to get hammered, can have a jolly to Marrakesh but can't buy materials to finish a house for the kids. Annalise's car was a pig sty the inside absolutely filthy and littered with rubbish what is wrong with all these people. The kids are sweet little boys it is sad to see their Dad hasn't bothered to give them somewhere clean and safe to live. They can't possibly play outside on that building site. Dan can't even organise petrol for his cement mixer-he has his head in the clouds the chateau has been really bad for him.

I started thinking why I watched Fanny in the first place and it was because I love renovating, fabrics, antiques, china etc but I am beginning to question my own sanity. I have nearly finished my renovating and she is still at square one. As for Dan what is interesting about a middle aged man driving around in a Nissan Micra getting petrol.His level of workmanship is shoddy and slap dash at best. Dan is not special or interesting and neither is Fanny once you realise her only interest is herself. When I first started watching I wasn't worried about how she spent the money but then I started to realise how much money she was grifting and their was seismic shift in my opinion-she owes it to patrons to do some work and do it to a high standard. The lifestyle she is living can't merely be funded from the ad revenue or can it?
Dan is an utter joke and waste of space. All the excitement about his château ruin has gone. He had more relevance as the handy man/gardener when he first arrived on the scene. That is his level and he should have stayed there.

• Heart
Reactions: 29