The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan is a dick. Not a cute smiling one with wings either. A nasty scrawny, stanky one. Dan the gardener must not have minded too much that Annalise got pregnant the first time because they obviously have two kids now. Dan and Annalise are grown adults in their 30’s and know how babies are made. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors in any relationship, BUT Dan was obviously the problem. Dan is still the problem. Annalise is not perfect, no one is, but I hope she is counting her lucky stars every day to no longer be together with Dan.

“Oh, how can you say that, how do you know?”, some sweet tartlets might be asking. Because I have eyes, ears and common sense and have seen what they have voluntarily shown me and the entire internet. I am also an amazing snap judge of character and a little bit psychic.
This couple were babies when they got together; that can often breed contempt and ideas of missing out - for both partners. Dan at least, maybe Annalese too, come from broken homes which also has a huge baring on your own relationships. I don't think living in a half finished house when you're young and full of energy is all that bad - we had a second set of french doors leaning up against our house for years because my parents couldn't afford to have it put in, and a lean-to kitchen for the same reasons. I'm sure some will be shocked to learn that a family of 5 had to share the one toilet and bath and we didn't have a shower. I think I turned out okay. The loving parents bit is much more important than material wants; including a finished house.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)
Wow . . . that is a really impressive job @T Rex.

And you are right.
The best of the synthetic leathers in luxury cars are difficult to tell apart from genuine leather, with Volvo and BMW only offering natural leather as an option. They appear to be moving away from natural leather to synthetic materials or wool.
BMW x 5 and x 7 now come standard with synthetic leather (SensaTec/SensaFin) and only offer natural leather as an additional cost option.

Edit: for all the vegans out there BMW offer 'fully vegan' plant based interiors from 2023.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That is not an uncommon problem.
Installation of carpets, tiles or new floors such as laminate can be problematic, and may require the planing of the bottoms of doors.

Agreed @Jules.
Annalise is well shot of him.
Dan has grandiose plans but not grandiose amounts of money.
Dan drank the LieLande-aid!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
As long as Dan and Annalise still have small kids, I don't feel comfortable talking about what caused the situation they are in now. It is rather clear though for all to see that Stephanie Jarvis' love bombing fell into fertile ground with him and has him walking this path now. LieLande-aid indeed. Easy to fix by being open and transparent when wanting to share your life online to earn a few bucks, but that is just not how he was taught.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I watched an older episode where Phi Phi was a new volunteer and he definitely had a very Dutch/English accent which he no longer has now , he has been practicing his English to sound more posh I am sure
When he's speaking in whole sentences, rather than just saying "that's beeeeautiful" in a gift grab, he talks so quickly that all the words just run into each other. I am used to hearing all sorts of different accents but I often cannot understand what on earth he's trying to say! He seems consumed by nerves sometimes, especially when he made his pointless vlogs. It was as if he wanted to get through it all as quickly as possible. He would like to be seen as lord of the manor but he knows he does not have the wisdom, personality or experience to be fully accepted as such. He knows he is a charlatan. He is trying to play the part but not succeeding. I think he is aware of that and is uncomfortable. He knows he is not liked and he is also passive-aggressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
the Influencer is worried about aging. He doesn’t look too bad for what…55? He must be about 55, maybe 56 or 57. That’s not old.

FEB70F60-8591-4894-8BB4-0B54791E3D73.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Have to agree with another poster on The Smug's vlogs of late-they seem to have lost their joie de vivre. The flogs are very short and the renovations not actively involving the Smug's grafting-their weeks must be quite quiet. I know they have kids but they're at school so what the hell do they do all day.

the Influencer is worried about aging. He doesn’t look too bad for what…55? He must be about 55, maybe 56 or 57. That’s not old.

View attachment 1886617
he's 46-how do you feel he is fairing now? They did a live chat about their age I think Anna is 37

• Wow
  • Heart
Do you have any idea how much that old lintel weighs?
The lintel is made from very old and thus very dense and very heavy timber.

It was really bad judgement on Dan's part to put it up alone.
He put himself in a potentially disastrous situation . . . again.
Putting up that lintel was a two person job.
i know a lintel like that is heavy...i helped renovating cottages here who had also big oak beams..Renovation is never a one man job..,Not even talking about the shoes he is wearing...if that lintel ended up on his feet... :eek: ...He puts himself and his family in very dangerous positions..its just waiting for a serious accident to happen..and then what?? i guess he isnt secured properly..Living on the edge when you have kids is very immature, and not a good example in my opinion..I wonder how those kids look at all this in ten years time....

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Have to agree with another poster on The Smug's vlogs of late-they seem to have lost their joie de vivre. The flogs are very short and the renovations not actively involving the Smug's grafting-their weeks must be quite quiet. I know they have kids but they're at school so what the hell do they do all day.

he's 46-how do you feel he is fairing now? They did a live chat about their age I think Anna is 37
He looks about 10 years older but appears to be in good health. And there is no shame in needing glasses especially as one ages.

I find the decline in their vlogs ironic when they now have so much time in their hands. They have given up the B&B and neither has a job. They are grifting patrons, YouTubers and selling extravagantly overpriced candles. All the more reason their vlogs should he longer and more detailed.

It seems like they have been inspired by the Floor Scrubber…. Collect more money but give people less for it. Probably by mid year they will be travelling the world and down to bi-monthly vlogs and the candles will have doubled in price …. Gotta pay for those glasses and the Tesla and down payment on the yacht.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
i know a lintel like that is heavy...i helped renovating cottages here who had also big oak beams..Renovation is never a one man job..,Not even talking about the shoes he is wearing...if that lintel ended up on his feet... :eek: ...He puts himself and his family in very dangerous positions..its just waiting for a serious accident to happen..and then what?? i guess he isnt secured properly..Living on the edge when you have kids is very immature, and not a good example in my opinion..I wonder how those kids look at all this in ten years time....
Annalise could have helped with this it just needed someone else to help lift it. Made me laugh when he said "if you do serious DIY here's a tip" my tip would be don't use Danny Dickwad as an example.

He looks about 10 years older but appears to be in good health. And there is no shame in needing glasses especially as one ages.
I think he looks about 45 and I do find him funny when he isn't being a superior patronising smug idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Its indeed very quiet on the chateauversevlogscene.....I think Dan is trying to fill that gap and wants more supporters and followers...They all seem to got into a wintersleep...Offcourse its a bad time to vlog...the weather is bad here, also in France...a lott of rain, wind and snow...The sun doesnt come out all day...this morning i had to use the lights in the house untill 10 o clock...and the next days wont be better...i have to say i just do some paperwork at home, tidy up and clean and take long walks with the dogs to see and inspect the estate..Its so wet and muddy ...The watergovernement has taken actions to keep the water very high in the canals etc, as actions against the dry summers..I have never seen the waterlevel in our pond so high..it almost overflows..Its very difficult to go out with machinery on the land and in the woodland...so if i had been vlogging there was also not much to show...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
:cool: 🧔👨‍🦳👨‍🦱
If he shaved his beard off he would look 10 years younger. Grey ages a man more than women I think.
I take the blame for the beard LOL I kept going on about his weak chin on here and saying a beard would disguise it. I think he looks better with a beard and I think he looks about 45 ish. I look 105 today just had to scan my face at work ewww I think I need Fanny fillers.

9,307 views Jan 15, 2023 #mariewiik #florist #scandinavia
#mariewiik #florist #scandinavia After one year of struggling with mental health issues I'm returning back to sharing my life here on Youtube again. I´m now living in Norway where I`ve just found a fulltime job as a wedding florist. Come along as I find a new home and get settled in. Here’s to new beginnings and adventures! A big thanks to everyone who are still here and supporting my journey. I owe you so much. And, if you really want to help you can do any of the following gestures below: -Like and subscribe to my Channel -Leave a comment! -Sign up to my Sunday Newsletter: https://www.mariewiik.net where I give you more details about my weekly videos and upcoming events! -Picture me back to my happy self doing the things I love! -Watch the Ads in my videos (this helps me SO MUCH, you have no idea)!! -If you can, visit me on Instagram and give me a follow, that would be wonderful: https://www.instagram.com/mariewiik1/... -And if you really want to help me towards my dreams: https://www.ikea.com/no/no/gift-regis... https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls...

Seriously she is asking for a dustpan and brush, napkins up to a 1,600 euro camera. We all have to buy things for our life but she seems to think others should buy her napkins, bins a tool set. It is utterly shameless-this is like a wedding list who thinks it is acceptable to ask for others to buy their every need. Marie you have a job, you have YouTube ad revenue you need to work for the things you want to buy that is life. It is not a free ride-it is so tacky to beg. You already had a new car which presumably you have sold. I wish the girl happiness but time to stand tall, stand on your own two feet and live in the real world. If you're suffering with mental health issues I would also suggest YouTube should be avoided.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Good evening, Tartlets and Tartgents! I am just catching up after an incredibly busy few days, and see you all have been a chatty lot. 🤪

Annaliese's dirty car (not the stock footage Macca Mobile one): she is a working mum with full custody of two children (it's not like the littles are having sleepovers at Dan's roofless Chateau), and Dan borrows her car. While it is a hot mess, Annaliese is doing the best she can, doesn't have a maid nor nanny, and is probably exhausted just trying to feed them, keep up on laundry, housework, homework, and spending time with them when she gets home. While it wouldn't hurt her to keep a small rubbish bin in there, it wouldn't kill Dan to clean and wash the car for her once in a while- he seems to have a lot more free time on his hands.

@Karma baby! - enjoy your holiday, soak up that sunshine in Punta Cana, and share some picts with us! It is freezing right now, even in SW Florida!

@Beachgirl - good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)

I haven't followed Angelina Ballerina and Phil's channel in a while, so may have to watch a few to see what the fuss is about. Did Phil actually finally BUY the rented Chateau?!?

The Fleuries- just watched their latest vlog (mudroom), and am in agreement with you all- the dogs (how RIDICULOUS was Ziggy when Benoit drove up with his friends?!?) and Benoit are the highlight. I'm not sure what is going on, but (I am probably the only Anna and Philipp fan left on here after "Candlegate"), but the vlogs as of late have just felt a bit off.

As to Kathy, either you love Kathy or you don't, just like marzipan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Kathy is just living her life, vlogging about it (she does not have a Patreon), and stating her views. While the majority of us do this with our anonymity safely ensconced behind a keyboard, she is out there calling it as she sees it, which is kind of bad-ass in a way- Kathy is a honey badger and could give two forks whether one likes her or not. While I may not agree with her on everything, none of us are perfect- if you were, you certainly would not be on a gossip site (although it is ridiculously fun!) At the end of the day, no matter what shade you 15 trolls and 3 hags throw at me, I'll still adore you (I have thick skin) and will just blame it on your menopause. But, goodness, there is no need to attack Kathy's physical appearance!

And, to end this rant on a positive note, @Beachgirl here is the interior of my sailboat with its Ultra Leather interior:
View attachment 1886171
Is that Leatherette? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Its indeed very quiet on the chateauversevlogscene.....I think Dan is trying to fill that gap and wants more supporters and followers...They all seem to got into a wintersleep...Offcourse its a bad time to vlog...the weather is bad here, also in France...a lott of rain, wind and snow...The sun doesnt come out all day...this morning i had to use the lights in the house untill 10 o clock...and the next days wont be better...i have to say i just do some paperwork at home, tidy up and clean and take long walks with the dogs to see and inspect the estate..Its so wet and muddy ...The watergovernement has taken actions to keep the water very high in the canals etc, as actions against the dry summers..I have never seen the waterlevel in our pond so high..it almost overflows..Its very difficult to go out with machinery on the land and in the woodland...so if i had been vlogging there was also not much to show...
VantheMan could pick up some of those chateau viewers if he actually renovated a chateau. 😂 😆 😝Isn’t it interesting that we have not heard a word about that chateau in almost 2 months since his sob story vlog in which he capitalized on the Holocaust to drum up donations? Did the ruin collapse or did he just lose interest/money?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Annalise could have helped with this it just needed someone else to help lift it
Absolutely yes Annalise could have helped put up the lintel.
There was a bit where the calves in his legs started quivering.
Not just shaking from the shaky scaffold he was standing on, but actually quivering from the strain of lifting the lintel.
Absolute madness.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

View attachment 1886617
Just look at footage of him from a year ago! That bespoke kitchen put at least 10 years on him. Maybe 20! Perhaps knowing he’s part of the grifting circus a la Jarvis is wearing on his nerves? Maybe PhiPhi can give him helpful hints for dealing with his rapidly receding hairline. Or has Phillipp of the two pees embarrassed his hair into retreat?!?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.