The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TorontoGWM previous post about mancub sorting IJ's jewellery .. The thread had closed whilst I was typing a response... hence (yes I say hence as well as whilst) here is my take on it..

It is one thing to dress a room in readiness for guests arrival, however given that it is IJ & Percy's apartment I think rummaging through personal items, re locating them, re arranging and importing furniture, is a step too far.... the 'squirrelled away Champagne' why not leave them where they were? Why make a point of telling everyone that IJ doesn't even drink champagne but has taken 3 bottles from the supplies. If IJ is supposed to hate mancub why does she make a point of praising him and his support for her daaaaaaarling daughter? Did anyone notice the tissue that was placed inside the baubles for the chocolate figs to nestle on? This was directly as a result of Tattlers mentioning the lack of hygene when SJ plonked the home made choccies in the trinket box for Chantal and Steven. Whilst I am at it, if my husband, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, had bought me cabbage plates for a Christmas present, they would be wearing them as a crown.

He's wearing a beany hat and a scarf at the dinner table... real class... there are ways of dressing warmly without looking like you've just been offered refuge from the streets.
So true!!!
What in the world???
Most take their hat and scarf off once inside.
But it’s not so surprising....since it’s PhiPhi.
He’s so fashion forward! 😜🤦🏼‍♀️😉
And from the other thread-
Noticed that PhiPhi’s Dad has hair....
Not as much receding as his son already has.
Did you think the same?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
So true!!!
What in the world
Most take their hat and scarf off once inside.
But it’s not so surprising....since it’s PhiPhi.
He’s so fashion forward! 😜🤦🏼‍♀️😉
And from the other thread-
Noticed that PhiPhi’s Dad has hair....
Not as much receding as his son already has.
I think I read somewhere that receding hair comes from the maternal side, but he certainly inherited his father’s nostrils 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just like his ultimate man crush, Michael Petherick, that dude Alexander is lost.

He showed up at a stranger's chateau to help sew curtains, presenting himself as a successful couturier who specializes in Empire-style bridal couture but only has two sample creations on his social media. After almost two years his pursuit of Michael led nowhere, and now he drifts around his very small world called the chateauverse. If he loves France so much, what's keeping him from finding a suitable job in Paris?

View attachment 1823743
I think Billy is the more likely target of Alexie’s little crush. He seems to prefer straight bearish men. That’ll go nowhere fast at Begmania. Correction, that WENT nowhere fast.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Nutty's mother looks younger than she does. She was at the dinner table; I
remembered that she had blonde hair from when they visited her in Argentina. B's sister and her one daughter were at the end of the table. The sister looks more like Nutty but more attractive. I still can't see what Amaury sees in Nutty unless he is just flattered by her clingy neediness.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
"Hello from Lalande lovely people! Tonight’s video will be premiering later than usual - probably in about two hour’s time, because tonight we were filming during ‘Ukrainian Hour’, when we turned our lights off in solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are going without electricity."
Good lord… she’s going to turn her lights off🙄. Even as a ‘z’ lister YouTube star, she shouldn’t be so willy-nilly about it. If she really wants to help people, do something specifically; there’s a lot of people out there who need help for different reasons. Why not just quietly donate money to buy generators and let her friends and family know how useful this is. Sorry- this kind of thing really triggers me. This is just a poorly put together rant.
My family are in UA, the war consumes me greatly. I proudly have a flag displayed, but my support doesn’t stop there and my heart has grown much larger for many other causes since.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I have just finished, today is the third day, baking cakes for Christmas. I work alone and in a small kitchen. Who knows what I would be able to do if I had a big kitchen and more equipment. I baked six types of cakes. I still have to finish and decorate them tomorrow.
My back and arms hurt, I'm tired, but happy. Everyone in the family got their favorite type of cake. We are a small family, without extended family, but we like to hang out, eat and drink well.
We are not religious, but we love customs.
For Christmas Eve we prepare many seafood dishes, on Christmas we have roast pork, salads, beef soup.
Everything has been known for a long time, because there is a traditional Christmas dinner and we respect and love it.
The company from LL has no idea about hosting. In LL, you eat what others bring, if they bring. No plan, no idea. Admittedly, there is a lot of alcohol, but somehow I don't think that is the spirit of Christmas even for non-believers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Phyllis reminds me of Zoolander---he only has one look!
View attachment 1823599
That's a knockoff of Princess Diana's engagement ring he's wearing.

I have just finished, today is the third day, baking cakes for Christmas. I work alone and in a small kitchen. Who knows what I would be able to do if I had a big kitchen and more equipment. I baked six types of cakes. I still have to finish and decorate them tomorrow.
My back and arms hurt, I'm tired, but happy. Everyone in the family got their favorite type of cake. We are a small family, without extended family, but we like to hang out, eat and drink well.
We are not religious, but we love customs.
For Christmas Eve we prepare many seafood dishes, on Christmas we have roast pork, salads, beef soup.
Everything has been known for a long time, because there is a traditional Christmas dinner and we respect and love it.
The company from LL has no idea about hosting. In LL, you eat what others bring, if they bring. No plan, no idea. Admittedly, there is a lot of alcohol, but somehow I don't think that is the spirit of Christmas even for non-believers.

Blessings upon you and yours with each bite. What would be some of your Christmas salads, how delicious?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Blessings upon you and yours with each bite. What would be some of your Christmas salads, how delicious?
[/QUOTE]
Something very similar, without meat and with lemon juice instead of vinegar.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Congratulations @TorontoGWM for naming the thread. So fitting now that we're a few days away from Christmas.
Lest we forget the accompanying picture, LOL.
View attachment 1823488

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

JackSpratt

VIP Member

Monday at 5:32 PM
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone, all 15 of you, for keeping me entertained these last few weeks. I'm in the UK now for Mums funeral tomorrow morning, you'll never know what a joyful distraction this has been. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas. A plus x

Reactions:You, Parrfect Porcelane, la justice and 47 others

Thinking about you, hope you are doing well. 💗

ScooterMaGoo

Monday at 3:11 AM
It seems that there is not room for Alexander at the CHMN for the holidays.

Reactions:You, agualilas@, lolander and 44 others

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Sunday at 6:27 PM
Let’s recapitulate Philip Janssen’s attribution to the channel that is wheeling in the money for Stephanie Jarvis: he provided content (not), he edited (maybe, but very flawed if you want to be kind), opened a shop (not), started his own channel (not, but he’s still dreaming of it), offered family accounting services (bingo!). Now let’s evaluate why they are still together….

Reactions:You, Trollda, lolander and 43 others

Le Comte de Monte Cristo

VIP Member

Sunday at 2:26 PM
i find it so weird to bugger off on a trip around Europe just the week before Christmas..I try to slow down a bit with work this week so i can get into the spirit of Christmas..Take some time to meet people not in a rush....do some shopping, decorating , putting lights in trees etc ..simply enjoyment..

I was on a walk this morning..the ground frozen...everything white...not with snow but you know..i met a lott of people who were doing the same...i had such nice conversations...thats Christmas for me...a bit of rest, enjoy family and friends..and a bit of help here and there...and offcourse good food and a drink...a cozy fire in our warm decorated cottage..the dogs in front of it... I know i like the simple pleasures of country life...And on Christmasday a nice dinner in the big house surrounded by family and friends..

Why those people always feel the need to travel all the time, and in special in the middle of winter..it puzzles me...

Reactions:You, Trollda, lolander and 42 others

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Monday at 12:15 AM
My grandma has busted out the Chanukiah.
The first night of Hanukkah! We got lots of jelly doughnuts and latkes ;) ✌ 🍾 🥂
Happy Holidays, everyone!

chanukiahhome.jpg

Reactions:You, Trollda, Frenchie0810 and 41 others

Remember there's a wiki.
Happy Tattling
I am delighted to have my first thread title. Thank you so much for the wonderful Christmas present. Do I receive a bonus candle and cabbage plates from Tattle?

This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad even Kathy feels sorry for the Chatelaine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Dear fellow Tattlers, I'm sorry if I have been absent for such a long time now. I have read here and there from time to time, but at the moment I don't feel like following and commenting and I also had enough of SJ and her sick Barnum Circus for the moment.
Yet I want to wish to you all and to your dear ones my warmest Season's Greetings. I hope that all of you who had some health issues will recover perfectly and my congratulations to the new VIPs.
May you all find peace and happiness
Thank you for all the merryment, the wit, the ingenuity and the company. I'll be back, promise!

1671665423613.png

• Heart
Reactions: 59
This whole Philip’s dad is somehow involved in Stephanie’s financial situation is really blowing my mind. @Clara Burnett is this guy Philip’s father? Is he just giving friendly advice or has he been hired to professionally handle Stephanie’s situation? Has he been her accountant all along or a new hire? Is Stephanie finally in real tax trouble?
View attachment 1824014
*screen shot from @KiKiGee post in last thread
I would guess not his father - if we go by research that suggests couples tend to have similar attractiveness.............

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve just read this in the Independent.

Kentucky has declared a state of emergency ahead of the really dangerous cold weather. @KyBourbon and any others this may effect do take care and look after yourselves. 💕View attachment 1823968
Thank you, yes…it’s going to be bitterly, dangerously cold over the next few days. The homeless shelters are raising white flags…that means they’ll accept anyone and everyone, even if they’re full, so that no one is left outside. I’ve finished my grocery shopping and my partner and I plan to stay home and keep warm for the next few days. Friday morning will be -3F (-20C) with a wind chill factor of -26F (-33C) (that measure how cold the air actually feels). But it will warm up a little on Christmas Eve (still cold, but not quite as bad). We’ll run a trickle of water to make sure our pipes don’t freeze and open cabinet doors to let warm air reach the pipes. It’s sad…even though there’s plenty of notice, there may be some deaths from the cold right before Christmas …vulnerable people trying to keep warm accidentally set fire to their homes, or succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning. Hopefully that won’t happen. ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.