The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this place has influenced/manipulated me - I now see the similarities between SJ and the tartan one - the eyes are almost identical. :oops:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
WELL TATTLERS, ONCE AGAIN (I MUST BE BORED) I SKIMMED THROUGH THE OVER THE MEADOW AND THROUGH THE WOODS VISIT TO AUNTIE AND UNCLES HOME ADVENT VLOG. Note, Staph and her son are off to Paris next.
Here’s what you will miss if you don’t watch - a couch covered in squirrels and foxes that Phi Phi likes and wants; overstuffed rooms one of which reminds Auntie of France; poor Auntie is perched on one of her other couches, rather rolled back upon a couch wearing a shocking pink outfit; they drink; the tree is big; everything is decorated for the holidays; Staph is in some knit number, in green (she needs to pause and shampoo her hair, looked a bit greased); for any of our fashion police out there, do note her large earrings dripping large pearls; Staph is very happy, very happy and joyous and Amaury made her feel very good about problems pending structurally at the farmhouse - PhiPhi the man speaks up and echoes that yes she was upset.
And that’s about it. Fast Forward. Off to Paris they go. And once again, lots of “jump cuts” translated, bad editing.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I had to do early Christmas all day and evening yesterday with my narc mom, narc sister, my brother and their kids. Frankly, I would rather celebrate Çhristmas alone than with my somewhat feral relatives. It is nice to get it out of the way so you can enjoy Christmas Day without dealing with them.

It is difficult to find some presents for family members. I decided to go Lego this year with a few presents. Here are some of the presents I gave to my sister, sister in law, nieces, and narc mom.:

A Lego orchid and a Lego bonsai tree ( which they could take to their office for workspace or just display at home on a shelf, etc.
Lego are the best!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
eww that's the colour I painted my kitchen in 87, I was going for Arizona/Native clay whatever... does she have the hanging clay chili peppers too?
The color of vomit after one has eaten Domino's Pizza.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
No you are not a grumpy old woman imho! :giggle:! I totally support you, @Cleo's Asp it is a matter of style and good manners. Sadly lacking in some of my offspring , too. (I suppose I have to blame myself! 😂)🥰
I think people should write thank you notes. Just my opinion. If someone took the time to purchase something for you, wrap it, and possibly even mail it, well, it’s just good manners to acknowledge it with a thank you note. Unless it was an email gift certificate or something like that, then an email thank you is ok. My daughter is helping my five-year-old granddaughter write out thank you notes to everyone who came to her birthday party. My son and his wife of 1 1/2 years have yet to get thank you notes sent out from their wedding, which during Covid was very small. Love them, but not proud of that... I don’t blame myself—he was taught.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
BTW, something weird is going on with this site on my computer today. I am not able to leave any "likes" on posts. I'm not ignoring anyone. I do read them.
I noticed the weird stuff on the tattle site too. I was typing replies and it would double it up. Or, as you say, likes wouldn't "stick". It wasn't refreshing properly either. It was about the time we lost our little Hannukah hats. Maybe a technical glitch. Whatever, it's still being a bit jiggley.
Philip secret messaged me that tattle is working just fine, you’re both just drunk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
WELL TATTLERS, ONCE AGAIN (I MUST BE BORED) I SKIMMED THROUGH THE OVER THE MEADOW AND THROUGH THE WOODS VISIT TO AUNTIE AND UNCLES HOME ADVENT VLOG. Note, Staph and her son are off to Paris next.
Here’s what you will miss if you don’t watch - a couch covered in squirrels and foxes that Phi Phi likes and wants; overstuffed rooms one of which reminds Auntie of France; poor Auntie is perched on one of her other couches, rather rolled back upon a couch wearing a shocking pink outfit; they drink; the tree is big; everything is decorated for the holidays; Staph is in some knit number, in green (she needs to pause and shampoo her hair, looked a bit greased); for any of our fashion police out there, do note her large earrings dripping large pearls; Staph is very happy, very happy and joyous and Amaury made her feel very good about problems pending structurally at the farmhouse - PhiPhi the man speaks up and echoes that yes she was upset.
And that’s about it. Fast Forward. Off to Paris they go. And once again, lots of “jump cuts” translated, bad editing.
I thought Uncle and Auntie’s house was pretty cool though- too much stuff but really great.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Very generic for sure. Boring and not any personal details to make it a home. I think Anna is too concerned to make a mistake so she keeps it all ho-hum. Regarding my comment about not having any window coverings in a cold climate- I can't imagine the trauma she would suffer trying to choose a fabric to use. They both need to lighten and up and have some fun.
I think where they live, 'above the shop', is quite different to downstairs.
They showed their personal living areas on a vlog tour.
Downstairs is decorated 'safely' to accomodate the many different tastes of guests.
Perhaps now that they will no longer be running the bed and breakfast they have chosen colours from a bolder, stronger palette.
My mother used that orange colour in the sitting room during the eighties. (I loathe any shade of orange.)
For the Fleuries it would be a fresh and 'new' colour.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think people should write thank you notes. Just my opinion. If someone took the time to purchase something for you, wrap it, and possibly even mail it, well, it’s just good manners to acknowledge it with a thank you note. Unless it was an email gift certificate or something like that, then an email thank you is ok. My daughter is helping my five-year-old granddaughter write out thank you notes to everyone who came to her birthday party. My son and his wife of 1 1/2 years have yet to get thank you notes sent out from their wedding, which during Covid was very small. Love them, but not proud of that... I don’t blame myself—he was taught.
Handwritten thank you notes are de rigueur no matter how you received the gift. It shows deliberate intention and effort. Texting, calling or emailing, in my book, are not acceptable, they are the lazy way out. Writing a note means that you either need to buy or make a card, think about what you are going to say, maybe even write a draft, use your best handwriting, get a stamp and mail or deliver it. Receiving a thank you card is a very nice gesture. Once a colleague of mine, who should have known better, bought us all donuts and put them in the staff room as a group thank you for putting on her bridal shower and buying gifts. I was not impressed. Others in her age group started doing the same thing explaining that it was so much easier than writing individual thank you notes! And these were teachers who were always going on and on about their students bad manners. I don't even like donuts. 🍩

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There must be something odd about Amaury -
I'm a very polite, well-mannered 55 year old but I would never sent thank you notes - but I certainly don't expect them either. My friends and family know I love them and appreciate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
First of all, no one’s house is perfect… Stephanie touting Amaury as a specialized builder with experience wasn’t very convincing. Just a few things that Steph chose to show us: He took single story rooms of decent height and turned them into loft areas with poor headroom and very low beams making it hard to navigate for average sized people. Maybe that wasn’t an issue for Lil’ Amaury?
655B604F-C0E9-4094-8823-AB54B62D803E.jpeg

6C2FFA35-D4E5-44BA-815B-52B0C9354E76.jpeg

The wood window trim was put in with visible screws and the herringbone flooring that he “designed” and reinstalled had crazy gaps and cuts and looked awkward.
F3B0BFC6-3330-404B-B8DA-3B37AAADFD24.jpeg

576910DB-C54A-4596-93FB-EB7166809CAF.jpeg

D1DEC1EA-0890-4134-8901-E3B16A0D1B12.jpeg

If I paid someone to install my wood flooring and that’s how they turned out, I would be very disappointed and there would be a problem. I wouldn’t be showing it off. “Look at the half assed job my cousin Amaury did at his parents hoarding house, I can’t wait to see what he will do to Lalande. See, there’s nothing to worry about dear patrons, please send more money, Tata says Amaury is very expensive.” 🏚💩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
First of all, no one’s house is perfect… Stephanie touting Amaury as a specialized builder with experience wasn’t very convincing. Just a few things that Steph chose to show us: He took single story rooms of decent height and turned them into loft areas with poor headroom and very low beams making it hard to navigate for average sized people. Maybe that wasn’t an issue for Lil’ Amaury?
View attachment 1817492
View attachment 1817493

The wood window trim was put in with visible screws and the herringbone flooring that he “designed” and reinstalled had crazy gaps and cuts and looked awkward.
View attachment 1817495
View attachment 1817496
View attachment 1817497

If I paid someone to install my wood flooring and that’s how they turned out, I would be very disappointed and there would be a problem. I wouldn’t be showing it off. “Look at the half assed job my cousin Amaury did at his parents hoarding house, I can’t wait to see what he will do to Lalande. See, there’s nothing to worry about dear patrons, please send more money, Tata says Amaury is very expensive.” 🏚💩
Adrian at La Ferte is currently undertaking the laying of parquetry in the Grand Salon.
I bet there won't be any cracks in his work.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It seems that there is not room for Alexander at the CHMN for the holidays.

Considering all we have seen him do in the 3 plus weeks he’s been there is wear his sunglasses and follow SJ around repeating what she says to the camera; I can’t say I’m too surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.