The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @graciemckitten for naming this thread and @Just Grift Wood for nominating it.

What a lovely bunch of haters we are. Seems like we're all in the festive spirit. ❤

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Jules100

VIP Member

Friday at 6:38 PM
Le Baiseur said:
You're not alone! This is my favorite holiday Glade (sadly discontinued):
View attachment 1809540
How's the new laundry room?
“Thank you for asking…” Almost done and the machines are working. No more laundromat! Just need to touch up paint on walls & ceiling, paint the new doors & put up some sort of shelving. Here are a few behind the scenes pics.
3D877593-0485-4FC9-B9F1-34F96A3A69EC.jpeg

CCBFA837-2144-4605-B9E0-7737E3DCFEA2.jpeg

F2275FAF-03AC-41C2-8BDB-714EA18761E3.jpeg

6DF7F3B6-4DFC-41D4-8039-5F11B46DC005.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:You, juniperroad, StephaniesSupportConsort and 57 others

Lovely, can't wait for the YouTube reveal.

Madame Tuna

Thursday at 5:41 PM
Hello Tattlers,

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I wanted to say, it's been so entertaining and validating to find this gem of a community. I got sucked in the chateauverse during the pandemic, like a lot of you I imagine! It was a form of escapism, day dreaming about restoration: I pictured myself losing immense amounts of time adding my small contribution to preservation efforts.

It started with Lalande, then the Fleuries, then branched out to smaller channels, but I have to say I'm getting chateau-ed out. While of course a lot of it felt click baity, or misaligned with what I would do (I mean at some point, there IS too much toile de Jouy), I kept watching because it still gave be that form of escapism. I started watching less and less as the CLL vlogs became more inauthentic (the forced laughs, the child-like voice, catching glimpses of people's reactions to getting a camera shoved in their faces) it reminded me of toxic workplaces that claim they're like a family. I keep watching out of morbid curiosity, and mostly to know what you're all talking about!

I felt compelled to finally write today after the Fleuries posted the candle vlog. I find of all the chateau channels out there, I'm most disappointed with theirs. I feel with Lalande, I kind of know what I'm getting, it's like a food court meal - it's not great, but it does its job. The Fleuries, I saw potential. I LOVED the humour, the DIY, the style too. Then they closed the B&B, and now the exorbitantly priced candles... it feels like I've seen behind the curtain and I'm just disgusted. Asking 110 euros for a candle you can't smell oozes of privilege.

In a way it's not entirely their fault, I think their rapid rise in popularity put them in a place where -- unless they made an effort to remain grounded -- it would be impossible to not be out of touch with the rest of us. For a lot of us 3 years of pandemic, global hardships, financial insecurities, a harsh winter ahead, and general feeling of burn out have set the scene to a feeling of great disconnect with people flaunting their wealth/possessions/travels. I wonder if we weren't experiencing these hard times, would we feel this grossed out by 110 euro candles? I still wouldn't buy them, but in our current context it feels especially insulting.

Anyway! I thought I'd add my grain of salt here.
Thank you all for the free entertainment!

• Heart
Reactions:You, tat life, Miss Eliza Bennet and 52 others

Welcome and happy to have you on board

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member

Wednesday at 11:55 PM
huydecirku said:
I think the 36 Euro for prints is somewhat OK. If one likes his style, one can hang it on the wall and has something pleasant to look at for years. Much better price than the photographs of the other Michael.

But a candle for 110 Euro? How long will it last? Hours? Days at most!

How much did the elegantly living Nicolas sell his candles for?
It's in the comments supposedly burn for 75 hours so that is £2.20 an hour ha someone worked it out they were so cross.

Shnapsass
2 minutes ago
If you cash out 110€ in 5€ notes, then place a drop of essential oil on each note and set them on fire, you’ll get the same result: nice smell, a flame, similar burning time and the same price

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions:You, NoIAmNotAHorse, agualilas@ and 49 others

😂😂😂😂

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Thursday at 3:09 AM
graciemckitten said:
More Fleuries fun:

C. Je Pense
2 hours ago
i love this channel but the price.. we are in a economic crisis in europe and can barely effort to heat our apartments..

Carol Marshall
Carol Marshall
2 hours

Greedy.

Carrie Lea
3 minutes ago
Beautiful candles. I would never pay that much for a candle even if I was rich, which I’m not. Crazy

Michael
11 minutes ago
With that out of touch price you should have perhaps waited another year before telling us.

Ann EC
48 seconds ago
No way Jose would I pay $171 AUD plus postage for some wax in a glass jar.

Imelda Purcell
42 minutes ago
Ah as we say in Ireland “your having a laugh” €110 for a candle. 😱
Thought I’d post this before it was deleted…😆

3A0D9D97-3C28-4916-9698-ADC7A387FB44.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions:You, Petit Sange, JumpingJacks and 45 others

Le Baiseur
VIP Member

Friday at 8:10 PM
Jules100 said:
“Thank you for asking…” Almost done and the machines are working. No more laundromat! Just need to touch up paint on walls & ceiling, paint the new doors & put up some sort of shelving. Here are a few behind the scenes pics.
View attachment 1811713
View attachment 1811686
View attachment 1811688
View attachment 1811708
Just goes to show what can be done when you have the right people for the job!
1671217770924.jpeg

1671217801704.jpeg

Seriously though, I love it! You did a great job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Xorubyxo123, Bleu Lala and 44 others

The burn 🔥 of The Fleuries was felt around the world, but here our wit never quit, LOL.
Wiki, and Happy Tattling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I agree with the comments about the lack of manners in some young people. Children often don't know how to hold cutlery and how to behave at a table. I also think mobiles should be switched off when eating. The other thing that really annoys me is the lack of gratitude. I have sent presents every birthday and Christmas to an old friend's daughter who is now nearly 40. She has never once thanked me for any of these. Her mother does this on her behalf. I know youngsters don't write letters these days but they all use computers and mobiles and even a short text message would be better than nothing. Am I just a grumpy old woman?!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I encourage everyone on Tattle each day until Dec 25 to post a “How bad are this year’s castle Advent vlogs?” This will be our Christmas gift to the Chatelaine Dame d’ Ardwhore Floor Scrubber! I will generously start us off today with 5 examples!

“How bad are this year’s castle Advent vlogs?”

1. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad they make me want to watch Shrek’s wife make a pillow or tablecloth!

2. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad even the Gay Twink’s parents won’t appear in them!

3. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad the peacocks sh*t on them!

4. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad even Brenda has a hard time watching them!

5. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad Chateau Strife called and they want their boredom back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@graciemckitten I love your thread title it about sums up the whole grifting brigade. I am now going in to watch Fanny and Prince of Pubes in Germany whilst I grab a sandwich hope I can hold it down

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
i find it so weird to bugger off on a trip around Europe just the week before Christmas..I try to slow down a bit with work this week so i can get into the spirit of Christmas..Take some time to meet people not in a rush....do some shopping, decorating , putting lights in trees etc ..simply enjoyment..

I was on a walk this morning..the ground frozen...everything white...not with snow but you know..i met a lott of people who were doing the same...i had such nice conversations...thats Christmas for me...a bit of rest, enjoy family and friends..and a bit of help here and there...and offcourse good food and a drink...a cozy fire in our warm decorated cottage..the dogs in front of it... I know i like the simple pleasures of country life...And on Christmasday a nice dinner in the big house surrounded by family and friends..

Why those people always feel the need to travel all the time, and in special in the middle of winter..it puzzles me...

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I encourage everyone on Tattle each day until Dec 25 to post a “How bad are this year’s castle Advent vlogs?” This will be our Christmas gift to the Chatelaine Dame d’ Ardwhore Floor Scrubber! I will generously start us off today with 5 examples!

“How bad are this year’s castle Advent vlogs?”

1. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad they make me want to watch Shrek’s wife make a pillow or tablecloth!

2. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad even the Gay Twink’s parents won’t appear in them!

3. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad the peacocks sh*t on them!

4. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad even Brenda has a hard time watching them!

5. This year’s castle Advent vlogs are so bad Chateau Strife called and they want their boredom back!
1. This years castle Advent vlogs are so bad I had more fun watching the video from my sinus probe last week.

2. This years castle Advent vlogs are so bad Fanny is being deported.

3. This years castle Advent vlogs are so bad YouTube will not longer let them put the word Christmas in the title unless three people are in the thumbnail with their mouth open.

4. This years castle Advent vlogs are so bad that Billy and his dudes checking sink traps is more entertaining.

5. This years castle Advent vlogs are so bad that the Smuglies have offered to develop a new logo and candle for viewers to ease their pain. Free shipping within Europe only.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Fanny chewing on hard (Nobis) Nob is a rare thing I would say. They are so risibly pathetic. The saunter round like pathetic giant children. I bet Prince of Pubes Mum is the same age as Fanny. Him saying he used to "buy one every year" twit he means Mum and Dad bought one for him and now Fanny buys it for him. God they have the taste of bloody kids who have been fed drugs. Fanny's botox is just making her look weird. Pube's mocking her Mum again is so bloody rude. Who at nearly 50 wants a Fairytale tree she has to theme everything she is the epitome of naff. "We have to get baking" NOOO FANNY YOU NEED TO GET RENOVATING.

Fanny has unfortunate ears they are huge

• Haha
  • Heart
Anne Marie and Argentinian bully are definitely away as Stewart is getting up early every morning to walk Molly. Did new flues Fanny say that she was going to be away for 3 days or have I made that up as her and smugmug have definitely been absent for longer than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree with the comments about the lack of manners in some young people. Children often don't know how to hold cutlery and how to behave at a table. I also think mobiles should be switched off when eating. The other thing that really annoys me is the lack of gratitude. I have sent presents every birthday and Christmas to an old friend's daughter who is now nearly 40. She has never once thanked me for any of these. Her mother does this on her behalf. I know youngsters don't write letters these days but they all use computers and mobiles and even a short text message would be better than nothing. Am I just a grumpy old woman?!
No you are not a grumpy old woman imho! :giggle:! I totally support you, @Cleo's Asp it is a matter of style and good manners. Sadly lacking in some of my offspring , too. (I suppose I have to blame myself! 😂)🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 14
i find it so weird to bugger off on a trip around Europe just the week before Christmas..I try to slow down a bit with work this week so i can get into the spirit of Christmas..Take some time to meet people not in a rush....do some shopping, decorating , putting lights in trees etc ..simply enjoyment..

I was on a walk this morning..the ground frozen...everything white...not with snow but you know..i met a lott of people who were doing the same...i had such nice conversations...thats Christmas for me...a bit of rest, enjoy family and friends..and a bit of help here and there...and offcourse good food and a drink...a cozy fire in our warm decorated cottage..the dogs in front of it... I know i like the simple pleasures of country life...And on Christmasday a nice dinner in the big house surrounded by family and friends..

Why those people always feel the need to travel all the time, and in special in the middle of winter..it puzzles me...
Well firstly it's obvious Fanny hates the farmhouse and hates living in the countryside. Secondly she's got her witch Phillipa to travel with her and amuse and serve her. Thirdly, if you lived in that farmhouse I suspect that you would escape from it at any and every opportunity.
Fanny's life is not so much Escape to the Château but Escape from the Château.

• Haha
  • Heart
Well firstly it's obvious Fanny hates the farmhouse and hates living in the countryside. Secondly she's got her witch Phillipa to travel with her and amuse and serve her. Thirdly, if you lived in that farmhouse I suspect that you would escape from it at any and every opportunity.
Fanny's life is not so much Escape to the Château but Escape from the Château.
That should be a thread title Fanny's life is not so much escape to Chateau......

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No @Cleo's Asp , you are not a grumpy old women. The old saying "Manners maketh man" springs to mind. I too sent gifts for birthdays, Christmas and Easter to my nephews and niece (5 of them) for 18 years. Never once did we receive a thank you letter from my brothers 3 boys. When our son was born a letter was written on his behalf until he could write himself. I made sure he wrote a thank you note with a little news of what he was up to for every gift he received. And he still does.
In our house we have a rule, no mobiles at the table and no mobiles in the bedroom at night. My son, who has now reached major - 18, respects this rule without question.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No @Cleo's Asp , you are not a grumpy old women. The old saying "Manners maketh man" springs to mind. I too sent gifts for birthdays, Christmas and Easter to my nephews and niece (5 of them) for 18 years. Never once did we receive a thank you letter from my brothers 3 boys. When our son was born a letter was written on his behalf until he could write himself. I made sure he wrote a thank you note with a little news of what he was up to for every gift he received. And he still does.
In our house we have a rule, no mobiles at the table and no mobiles in the bedroom at night. My son, who has now reached major - 18, respects this rule without question.
Definitely not grumpy I loathe my nephews bad manners and try and pull them up on it. They never ever say thank you let alone write a card!!! I still write thank you cards I find my nephews avaricious and impolite just don't know why they're not pulled up on it other than by me. They also have no respect for the house running in and out with muddy shoes and expecting to play ball in the house. Don't mean to sound a kill joy but no bloody way

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anne Marie and Argentinian bully are definitely away as Stewart is getting up early every morning to walk Molly. Did new flues Fanny say that she was going to be away for 3 days or have I made that up as her and smugmug have definitely been absent for longer than that.
so who is at the shado/castle now except stuart and pavlina?

Reactions: 9
I am still finding it hard to believe that The Influencer who fancies himself to be a real stud gives a darn about candles. It makes me laugh thinking of him sitting in a meeting discussing candle scents.

The Wallpaperer must have bribed him…. “This is the way to afford that yacht and 2nd Tesla.”

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.