The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i have to say...honestly..i went out this morning to our delicatessenshop...i dont know if this translates well..i guess not..to find those dates...they look wonderfull..i love dates ..but we dont have those here..i guess i have to search online..i could only find the ones covered with chocolat..also nice..but i already had that sort.. would love to taste those too..i must keep looking..i know i sound like a spoiled brat..:rolleyes: i dont have close connections in Saudi Arabia..so i guess there will be no sultana who would send me those....;)
I live in the Coachella Valley, the "Date Capital of the World." I'm just down the road from Shields Date Gardens, they've been around for almost 100 years; here's their www and online shop: https://shieldsdategarden.com/
Too bad they can't sell their date shakes online - so delicious!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The time lapse on the La Ferte chateau is amazing, so much done , such attention to detail.. The transformation is incredible. One year.... Imagine la land in the hands of someone who cared, it would be great. Instead falling down...

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Okay, back by popular demand, I’m giving you filthy animals my Filthy Patreon Recap.

“WHY THIS YEAR’S ADVENT AT LALALANDE HAS TURNED INTO ASSVENT”

The first thing I want to point out is that Fannys Spectacular Blue Overcoat does not have faux fur at the collar and cuffs. That’s real fur witches. I would know. I’ve bought and sold many.

Moving on, another thing I want to point out is that she was gone for at least a week. They left in the morning for the train to Paris. They got to the Netherlands the next day, then on to German Christmas market for who knows how long, then on to the Richmonds’ for who knows how long, then back to Paris staying the night (must have driven), then on to her very wealthy friend who won’t go on camera to stay the night, and then drove to lalalande.

Oh yeah, that’s why she hasn’t done much for AssVent. Yes that’s right, I’ve renamed it AssVent, because she’s blowing all of it out her ass this year cause witch has been GONE.

HIGHLIGHTS:

PhiPhi edited this vlog and he left in one of her stroke: impaired speech moments. She repeated herself and looked like she was gonna pass out a lil bit. WAY TO GO EDITING PHIPHI!!!

When they stayed at the fabulous chateau of the secret friend - their room had twin beds? Pics for proof. Auntie and Uncle stayed in the room they stayed in last time with a queen? Just saying…..

Stuart was definitely there alone with Pavlina when they got back. No ass bread for the Richmonds’. They get points from me for bagging the bread.

There was the obligatory shopping in Paris. They looked at foodstuffs and porcelain. Anyone surprised?

She said AssVent videos are late because they are now filmed on the day.

She definitely did not plan to spend long at the Shitoo this year. I’m being generous saying they were gone for a week. Might even have been 10 days. She was probably lying when she said she was three days ahead. But that is certainly no surprise. If Fannys lips are moving there’s a 50% chance she’s lying.

Until next time, you filthy animals.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I live in the Coachella Valley, the "Date Capital of the World." I'm just down the road from Shields Date Gardens, they've been around for almost 100 years; here's their www and online shop: https://shieldsdategarden.com/
Too bad they can't sell their date shakes online - so delicious!
Oh wow we visited that date garden on our way to visit the salton sea, I’m sorry now that I didn’t try the shake, it’s so cool and retro just loved the area

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i have to say...honestly..i went out this morning to our delicatessenshop...i dont know if this translates well..i guess not..to find those dates...they look wonderfull..i love dates ..but we dont have those here..i guess i have to search online..i could only find the ones covered with chocolat..also nice..but i already had that sort.. would love to taste those too..i must keep looking..i know i sound like a spoiled brat..:rolleyes: i dont have close connections in Saudi Arabia..so i guess there will be no sultana who would send me those....;)
This Sheikha will send you some.

Saudi Arabia is not a Sultanate it’s a Kingdom any royalty sending F4F a gift would be a Princess. I guess they got their wiki information incorrect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Steff feasting on a sausage roll.. clearly she's never seen one this size before.

View attachment 1824348

Steff on a mission to burn more money on useless tit.

View attachment 1824349

F4F & PhiPhi handle some fruit in the store.

View attachment 1824350

Please, for the love of all things holy! Someone tell me why are these 2 suddenly part of the main cast?!

View attachment 1824351

The lady painted their portraits... But I genuinely can't tell which one is F4F and which one is PhiPhi

View attachment 1824352
That second screenshot is I think the closest to what F4F actual looks like, very scary boys and girls it’s like the portrait of Dorian Grey. The Christmas ornaments are more in the style of daddy dearest

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Where is the proof the coat is second hand. Powder blue coats are the winter coat colour from what I have seen when searching for the coat to prove her wrong

For you all who want to know what Alexander is like a Billy vlog on Alexander and him going out together one year old. Just cut and paste

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Today's advent thoughts...

Another nasty Lalande meal. I don't know what's worse, soup from fish, or soup from weeds?

More proof they read Tattle:
  • We called her out on the blue coat so she had to justify it by informing us it's second hand.
  • We called out Snorts for wearing his beanie at dinner so Amaury shows solidarity with an orange beanie at the table.
Jared's reet was truly paarfect (aside from the peacock feathers.)

I'm sure Potts loved seeing the Fanny & PhiPhi kissing ornament on his tree. If I were Potts, Mummy, or Nick, I'd put locks on my door.

Elsewhere in the chateauverse:
  • Colombe has candles too! Unlike the Fleuries, Colombe makes theirs by hand. Apple Pie (so original) and Library which sounds inyeresting.
  • Viv is MIA.
  • Lalacelle has a new GoFundMe, but this time to benefit their nephew's school.
  • La Ferte kicking ass on their own dime.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I just watched the latest advent video.
I found it grotesque. First cook a feast then sit down to eat it in candle light... Nice visual effect - then go through the dark to someone else's apartment with 2 80+ year olds and rummage around in their stuff!
This is virtue signalling at it's worst. And all because they are in sympathy with a war torn country. Why was Phillipa editing? Where did he get the power from? I'm sure in the Ukraine they thoughtfully charge their laptop computers before Putin or whoever destroys their electricity supply.
What a ridiculous and insulting bunch they are. There was no shared hardship at all.
Agree 110%.
It was hypocritical lip service.

Reactions: 18
Oh wow we visited that date garden on our way to visit the salton sea, I’m sorry now that I didn’t try the shake, it’s so cool and retro just loved the area
How long ago did you visit?
Shields has a fun Route 66 roadside attraction vibe.
I've yet to visit Salton Sea, but I can smell it often when the wind is right (wrong.) 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 8

How much work!
WOW!
So much attention to detail!
WOW
Fanny would not have done this much work in three lifetimes.
But Fanny would do something differently:
FANNY WOULD BUY DAMN WALLPAPERS FOR €17,000.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
THE BATTLE OF THE WREATHS

Jared and Pavlova's wreath looks like it's been toilet papered! FRK's wreath looks so classier in comparison!
cd658.png

cd657.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Where I last worked, we had a campus in Dubai. Whenever the Dean or other academics visited the UK, they always brought with them, huge boxes of those dates and really delicious baklava - best I have ever tasted. I imagine they bought them in the Duty Free shop.

Reactions: 11
I have just finished, today is the third day, baking cakes for Christmas. I work alone and in a small kitchen. Who knows what I would be able to do if I had a big kitchen and more equipment. I baked six types of cakes. I still have to finish and decorate them tomorrow.
My back and arms hurt, I'm tired, but happy. Everyone in the family got their favorite type of cake. We are a small family, without extended family, but we like to hang out, eat and drink well.
We are not religious, but we love customs.
For Christmas Eve we prepare many seafood dishes, on Christmas we have roast pork, salads, beef soup.
Everything has been known for a long time, because there is a traditional Christmas dinner and we respect and love it.
The company from LL has no idea about hosting. In LL, you eat what others bring, if they bring. No plan, no idea. Admittedly, there is a lot of alcohol, but somehow I don't think that is the spirit of Christmas even for non-believers.

That looks delish. I agree with you, alcohol has no place during Christmas festivities.

Thank you, yes…it’s going to be bitterly, dangerously cold over the next few days. The homeless shelters are raising white flags…that means they’ll accept anyone and everyone, even if they’re full, so that no one is left outside. I’ve finished my grocery shopping and my partner and I plan to stay home and keep warm for the next few days. Friday morning will be -3F (-20C) with a wind chill factor of -26F (-33C) (that measure how cold the air actually feels). But it will warm up a little on Christmas Eve (still cold, but not quite as bad). We’ll run a trickle of water to make sure our pipes don’t freeze and open cabinet doors to let warm air reach the pipes. It’s sad…even though there’s plenty of notice, there may be some deaths from the cold right before Christmas …vulnerable people trying to keep warm accidentally set fire to their homes, or succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning. Hopefully that won’t happen. ❤
It's interesting why authorities in different places warn the public. People in the north got a warning -40C. That's the first one I’ve seen. However, we get warnings for heatwaves. Stay safe and warm. If you go out, layers of clothes work the best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Dear Diary,

today I found out that there are „Dates“ and „Dates“ in the English language.
Thank God I realized it after a few minutes and I deleted the post, before I made myself look stupid.

Our beloved Marquis has multiple first names, but I’ll just go by calling him Bübbele.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I concur that Billy has done more at Begmania in the past two years, and at the convent in the last six months, than Fanny has achieved in nearly two decades. I don’t believe Billy and Gwen are using Begmania for business right now (to my knowledge…even though they vacated the main building, I don’t think they’re renting out the chateau right now for weddings or accepting paying guests). So, Begmania (as an asset) could be used more effectively …at this time it’s really just sitting idle. I’m also not sure if they actually have a mortgage on the convent property or not…they really didn’t make that clear. Billy mentioned they spent €500K on the property, but Gwen might have paid for it outright without a mortgage or loan. If that’s the case, it does give them some breathing room…don’t have to rush to get the convent renovated to start earning revenue. At this point, I don’t think the Pethericks have done too much to pull in visitors and tourists to the area, but maybe plans for the convent will change that.
The French have what we used to. A wealth tax. If you owned your house you got taxed extra for being wealthy. Here, most had mortgages even low ones to avoid the wealth tax. It's gone now, but I think France still use it. My guess would be property tax around €3000 a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.