The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s recapitulate Philip Janssen’s attribution to the channel that is wheeling in the money for Stephanie Jarvis: he provided content (not), he edited (maybe, but very flawed if you want to be kind), opened a shop (not), started his own channel (not, but he’s still dreaming of it), offered family accounting services (bingo!). Now let’s evaluate why they are still together….

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Let’s recapitulate Philip Janssen’s attribution to the channel that is wheeling in the money for Stephanie Jarvis: he provided content (not), he edited (maybe, but very flawed if you want to be kind), opened a shop (not), started his own channel (not, but he’s still dreaming of it), offered family accounting services (bingo!). Now let’s evaluate why they are still together….
Free shifty accounting labor from the Dad while Stephanie tortures the boy most likely by flirting with Papi. This is following Isabelle's rubric with the electrician father of the homophobic madwoman.

Reactions: 14
Somebody pointed out to me Charles Spencer has a YT channel...so i watched it this afternoon..in between collecting logs for the fires..its very different in the way that American viscountess does it...oh what a vulgar woman that is...but anyway...Charles and also his wifes take on things are worth watching..i especially enjoyed the vlog where they discuss with their tennants how to use the soil, better...for organic farming...we also do the same here..we stop plowing the soil...because it disturbes the soil and all the life in it too much..all the canals wurms and roots leave behind stay intact...so your soil is better prepared for wet times...and also it brings water up when its dry...I never once heard his wife Karen speak about her title..like that other viscountess does..those vlogs are very refreshing to me...and also very interesting..

Have to say i always had a bit of a problem with the way..he in my opinion exploited his sisters death..but at least the estate is thriving..and thats always a good thing..it stays british...otherwise it would end up in the hands of a russian or a saudi .and no i am no racist...but some things need to stay in the hands they always have been...call me a snob..i dont care....
Do you have a link?

Reactions: 10
I agree with the comments about the lack of manners in some young people. Children often don't know how to hold cutlery and how to behave at a table. I also think mobiles should be switched off when eating. The other thing that really annoys me is the lack of gratitude. I have sent presents every birthday and Christmas to an old friend's daughter who is now nearly 40. She has never once thanked me for any of these. Her mother does this on her behalf. I know youngsters don't write letters these days but they all use computers and mobiles and even a short text message would be better than nothing. Am I just a grumpy old woman?!
I have a nephew like that. I stopped sending very nice pressies to him in 1992. Started sending his children pressies, cause they shouldn't suffer. While I used to get thank you's from his mother, I got nothing, zip, nada for the very nice pressies I sent the children. I finally sent them inexpensive personalized note cards, a book called "children write thank you notes" or some such, and a copy of Mauss' classic essay on the philosophy of gift-giving. Nada. Zip.
One thing I learned from my mother's long decline was not to expect gratitude from people who can't help themselves.
Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 16
i dont know if Snorts father is aware or custom with French taxlaws...its very different than the ones we have here..so i dont see how that would work..but one never know...for sure..

Reactions: 22
Madam No's Gift Rant:
  • Once my mother passed away, my siblings and I stopped exchanging presents at Christmas - what a relief! 🎁
  • I always acknowledge gifts given to me as per my upbringing. 🙏🏼
  • Gifts I don't like, which are many, are at the framers, are being altered, stored in a safe place, somehow went missing, but don't send another one, it will show up. 😉
  • I do give wine to people even if I'm not sure they drink or not. If they don't want it, they can pass it on. 🍷
  • Giving and/or receiving edible gifts is safe. You can always say it was consumed. No need to put another useless knick-knack on display when the giver drops by.🪆
  • I never give a bouquet of flowers not in a vase to people I don't know well. Personally, I do not appreciate people bringing me a bouquet that I then have to take time to arrange in a suitable vase. 💐
  • My stepson, daughter-in-law, and grandson never acknowledge anything we send them. I did not raise any of them, it's not my fault. They always send the worst gifts to us, mostly pictures of themselves in hideous frames. 🖼
  • My grandson thinks he is the next Michelangelo and sends very ugly paintings. He is in his mid twenties but sulks when we say we haven't put them up on the wall yet (and we never will). 🖼
  • One of the more useful things my husband did before we moved, was to send back all the framed photos of his son's family. They have never said anything about it, but I can always use my husband's dementia as an excuse! 👨‍👩‍👧

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Somebody pointed out to me Charles Spencer has a YT channel...so i watched it this afternoon..in between collecting logs for the fires..its very different in the way that American viscountess does it...oh what a vulgar woman that is...but anyway...Charles and also his wifes take on things are worth watching..i especially enjoyed the vlog where they discuss with their tennants how to use the soil, better...for organic farming...we also do the same here..we stop plowing the soil...because it disturbes the soil and all the life in it too much..all the canals wurms and roots leave behind stay intact...so your soil is better prepared for wet times...and also it brings water up when its dry...I never once heard his wife Karen speak about her title..like that other viscountess does..those vlogs are very refreshing to me...and also very interesting..

Have to say i always had a bit of a problem with the way..he in my opinion exploited his sisters death..but at least the estate is thriving..and thats always a good thing..it stays british...otherwise it would end up in the hands of a russian or a saudi .and no i am no racist...but some things need to stay in the hands they always have been...call me a snob..i dont care....
I like that the Canadian countess is reviving the walled garden. Stunned that it's been allowed to fall into ruin under Johnny's and Charles' tenure. Countess inviting in leading expert, carefully anatomizing for antique water systems (very trendy, low tech, eco-conscious), pathways, espalier fruit tree locations -- the real thing. Charles finally got himself a wife who wasn't a junkie.

Madam No's Gift Rant:
  • Once my mother passed away, my siblings and I stopped exchanging presents at Christmas - what a relief! 🎁
  • Gifts I don't like, which are many, are at the framers, are being altered, stored in a safe place, somehow went missing, but don't send another one, it will show up. 😉
  • I do give wine to people even if I'm not sure they drink or not. If they don't want it, they can pass it on. 🍷
  • Giving and/or receiving edible gifts is safe. You can always say it was consumed. No need to put another useless knick-knack on display when the giver drops by.🪆
  • I never give a bouquet of flowers not in a vase to people I don't know well. Personally, I do not appreciate people bringing me a bouquet that I then have to take time to arrange in a suitable vase. 💐
  • My stepson, daughter-in-law, and grandson never acknowledge anything we send them. I did not raise any of them, it's not my fault. They always send the worst gifts to us, mostly pictures of themselves in hideous frames. 🖼
  • My grandson thinks he is the next Michelangelo and sends very ugly paintings. He is in his mid twenties but sulks when we say we haven't put them up on the wall yet (and we never will). 🖼
  • One of the more useful things my husband did before we moved, was to send back all the framed photos of his son's family. They have never said anything about it, but I can always use my husband's dementia as an excuse! 👨‍👩‍👧
i am and never have been very good with gifts...most people i know dont need gifts...and people know i dont want gifts..myself..we have already more than enough stuff....i only give gifts to charity...when i give someting to my sisters daughters..heirlooms...most of the time its not even appreciated..so i stopped that...they only want money... :eek: but my father always thought me...never give the young generation too much money...let them work for it themselves...they will appreciate it more later...when they figured out that money doesnt grow on trees...and they get used to spend it wisely...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
⚠ WARNING ⚠ Do not, I repeat do not, read FRKs whining and begging intro to her YT videos, nor any of the comments posted by her mentally unstable fans. It will only raise your blood pressure to an unhealthy level. You may even feel the need to act out in an unflattering manner. Fortunately, I was able to escape without injury or embarrassing myself and my blood pressure has returned to its normal level. Takeaways include spending the last year battling mental demons, (really, just the last year?) needing everything from money, to well wishes, to beanies from Amazon and, of course, "Watch the Ads in my videos (this helps me A LOT)!" 💰 🎁 🧞‍♂️ Like A LOT!
FUUUUUCK! I peeked and regretted immediatly.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Madam No's Gift Rant:
I said wow- but I did find humor in it too! Your rant! Love the original art as gifts- I could only picture kindergarteners drawings on my refrigerator!!! 😂
Yes amazing- so original!!!
Returning the framed family photos!!! what a hoot!!! 😂😆😂
And on the dementia- you gotta laugh to keep from crying! 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a nephew like that. I stopped sending very nice pressies to him in 1992. Started sending his children pressies, cause they shouldn't suffer. While I used to get thank you's from his mother, I got nothing, zip, nada for the very nice pressies I sent the children. I finally sent them inexpensive personalized note cards, a book called "children write thank you notes" or some such, and a copy of Mauss' classic essay on the philosophy of gift-giving. Nada. Zip.
One thing I learned from my mother's long decline was not to expect gratitude from people who can't help themselves.
Amazon product
I did exactly that with my 3 nephew's. One Christmas I bought each of them a lovely writing set of thank you noteletts. I might as well have been pissing in the wind. I never received one of those noteletts and neither did anyone else! And your sentence about receiving gratitude from people who can't help themselves, my brother and his wife were on the take from the welfare (and my parents) the whole time their children were growing up. And yet my brother got paid massive annual dividends from the company he worked for!

• Sad
  • Wow
I like that the Canadian countess is reviving the walled garden. Stunned that it's been allowed to fall into ruin under Johnny's and Charles' tenure. Countess inviting in leading expert, carefully anatomizing for antique water systems (very trendy, low tech, eco-conscious), pathways, espalier fruit tree locations -- the real thing. Charles finally got himself a wife who wasn't a junkie.
you know...farming in the days of Charles and his father was very different...i remember from my fathers stories that before i was born agriculture was mixed...mikling cows and also farming crops was mixed...in the fifties and sixties when the people left the farms to earn more money elsewhere... it all became very difficult...then the industrial farming began...with pesticides..weedkillers...fertilizers...and the soil slowly died..milking cows was very labour intensive..my grandfather was the first in the south of the Netherlands who bought a mikingmachine...for one of the dairyfarms..and still there was a lott of handlabour involved back then..

one woman in the vlogs points it out very well..when i went to agriculture college...they thought you how to increase your harvest with all those chemicals..not how to keep your soil healthy..and let nature take of pests themselves..just like doctors never learn how to keep people healty by the food they eat...it was just how do you cope with symptoms of sickness..soil or patients....I have a very good friend...who is also a farmer..when he started organic farming many years ago...he was rediculed..and laught at..i always believed in his work.he has always been his time far ahead...more than me i have to say..He had some very hard times...also financially...i had to help him many times...but his farm is doing great now...although organic farming is very difficult and has a lott of challenges..most people are not aware off...

and now i stop with this..its very close to my hart..and i am aware it is very derailing...of that madcircus in the Berry..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm sure Marie has been through a lot. But my goodness she looks like she has aged a good 10 years...
Marie Aged 2.png

How much stress and worry has she been under?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Here's a recipe for old-fashioned sugar cookies I got off the back of the 5 lb. bag of sugar.
Happy Festivus to all.
🕯🕎✨✨🌲🎆🕊🕊🕉🥂

Old Time Soft Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c shortening (113 g)
1/2 c granulated sugar (100 g)
1/2 c brown sugar (")
1 egg
3/4 c buttermilk (183 g)
1 t vanilla (3.8 g)
2 c all-purpose flour (250 g)
1/2 t baking soda (bicarb, 1.7 g)
1/2 t salt (")
Topping:
1/4 c granulated sugar (50 g)
1 t cinnamon (2.7 g)
Directions:
Cream together shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Mix in egg, then buttermilk and vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture.
Chill dough for one hour.
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200º C, gas mark 6).f
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle atop cookie dough. (You could sub holiday colored sugars but I'd miss the cinnamon.)
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set.
Store in tightly closed container.
4 dozen cookies
(Here's a link without the brown sugar.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.