The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember there's a wiki.
Happy Tattling
Thank you Comtesse.
Here's the fish shack trimmed-down version of the traditional Italian seven fishes dinner for Christmas eve. Cashmere in tones of pink rainbow garb is the dress code.

Champagne
Miller Light
Cranberry-Tangerine-Pomegranate Punch, with or without champagne

Candied Pecans with Ancho Chile
Prickly Pear Pate de Fruits
Crystallized Grapefruit Peel
Fergus Henderson's Anchovy Toast

Oyster Stew
Scallops Tempura with Wasabi Ginger Sauce
Joan Nathan's Incredible Latkes with Applesauce
@Tea with lemon's Christmas Salads
Festive Shaved Fennel Salad with Lemon and Dates

Sephardic Clementine Cake with Chocolate
Mariage Freres Esprit de Noël Tea
Clear Creek Douglas Fir Brandy

I'll be wearing my winter white mambo shirt with blush pink cashmere sweat pants, formal flip flops, and a baby blue muffler.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
BFC79324-F804-4612-BF62-9D8ADA8C6594.png
Looks like crap to me!

They’ll really be in solidarity when the not so grand salon ceiling caves in!! Maybe they can really tough it and have the Refugee make stone soup.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I personally feel that Billy/Gwen are blatantly aware and, are already thinking of doing exactly that even though they have only owned the convent for just a year to date - unlike Stephanie Jarvis who has never thought of doing so within her 18+ years of owning the HMN.
But, let's never forget, that everything has to be commercially viable, in order to repay mortgages/loans.
IMHO, Billy has achieved more in the past few months at the convent than Stephanie Jarvis has ever accomplished at the HMN during the past 18 years of her joint ownership. :rolleyes:
I concur that Billy has done more at Begmania in the past two years, and at the convent in the last six months, than Fanny has achieved in nearly two decades. I don’t believe Billy and Gwen are using Begmania for business right now (to my knowledge…even though they vacated the main building, I don’t think they’re renting out the chateau right now for weddings or accepting paying guests). So, Begmania (as an asset) could be used more effectively …at this time it’s really just sitting idle. I’m also not sure if they actually have a mortgage on the convent property or not…they really didn’t make that clear. Billy mentioned they spent €500K on the property, but Gwen might have paid for it outright without a mortgage or loan. If that’s the case, it does give them some breathing room…don’t have to rush to get the convent renovated to start earning revenue. At this point, I don’t think the Pethericks have done too much to pull in visitors and tourists to the area, but maybe plans for the convent will change that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have just finished, today is the third day, baking cakes for Christmas. I work alone and in a small kitchen. Who knows what I would be able to do if I had a big kitchen and more equipment. I baked six types of cakes. I still have to finish and decorate them tomorrow.
My back and arms hurt, I'm tired, but happy. Everyone in the family got their favorite type of cake. We are a small family, without extended family, but we like to hang out, eat and drink well.
We are not religious, but we love customs.
For Christmas Eve we prepare many seafood dishes, on Christmas we have roast pork, salads, beef soup.
Everything has been known for a long time, because there is a traditional Christmas dinner and we respect and love it.
The company from LL has no idea about hosting. In LL, you eat what others bring, if they bring. No plan, no idea. Admittedly, there is a lot of alcohol, but somehow I don't think that is the spirit of Christmas even for non-believers.

I followed a recipe for puff pastry today... I know it's good because I made it last year... but I weighed it today out of curiosity.. 4.5LB!! omg the calories!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Nutty's mother looks younger than she does. She was at the dinner table; I
remembered that she had blonde hair from when they visited her in Argentina. B's sister and her one daughter were at the end of the table. The sister looks more like Nutty but more attractive. I still can't see what Amaury sees in Nutty unless he is just flattered by her clingy neediness.
I think Nutty’s attractiveness lies in her location mere feet away from him 24/7. Anne Marie doesn’t want to exert much effort and she is there, usually clinging like a barnacle to his arm.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
have you checked his insta contacts? A Petherick name is missing.
That’s so odd! On Instagram it looks like Alexander is following Billy, Gwen, Sherrie, and Sadie, but not Michael…and Michael is not following him, either. Maybe there was a falling out between the two?

• Wow
Reactions: 32
He's marking her turf as his in a most aggressive way.
He’s a weird one Mr. Grinch.
SJ is also “marking” Potty and Ruth’s tree with her memories instead of Ruth and Potty’s memories. Where was a nice picture of them together? They have been together longer than the kabooms. SJ probably sprays Potty’s pillow with her perfume so he “mind trick” thinks of her when with Ruth. I get adding the 3 owners items but then add their fathers or remove the Derek crafted item. Also (am I Snortfending?) so deceptive to sneak off to your ex-man’s apartment filling the place with subliminal (Potty I want you under the Christmas tree just like old times) items instead of the hospitality water, fresh towels and toilet paper. NO BOUNDARIES!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Dear fellow Tattlers, I'm sorry if I have been absent for such a long time now. I have read here and there from time to time, but at the moment I don't feel like following and commenting and I also had enough of SJ and her sick Barnum Circus for the moment.
Yet I want to wish to you all and to your dear ones my warmest Season's Greetings. I hope that all of you who had some health issues will recover perfectly and my congratulations to the new VIPs.
May you all find peace and happiness
Thank you for all the merryment, the wit, the ingenuity and the company. I'll be back, promise!

View attachment 1824168
So glad you commented today! I was just thinking we’d been missing you! Enjoy the holiday season and blessings on you and yours!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Dear fellow Tattlers, I'm sorry if I have been absent for such a long time now. I have read here and there from time to time, but at the moment I don't feel like following and commenting and I also had enough of SJ and her sick Barnum Circus for the moment.
Yet I want to wish to you all and to your dear ones my warmest Season's Greetings. I hope that all of you who had some health issues will recover perfectly and my congratulations to the new VIPs.
May you all find peace and happiness
Thank you for all the merryment, the wit, the ingenuity and the company. I'll be back, promise!

View attachment 1824168
Happy holidays, @The Simple Life! We miss your witty posts! Many warm hugs and much love!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Poor Marie's wreath has probably been burned along with Selmar's creche. Would love to throw some badly frayed sweaters on the fire

It's time for the ship of fools to gather for the holiday.

Making standing rib roast and yorkshire pudding for Xmas dinner. Have started bringing wood in and going to heavily bedding stalls for horses. Stay warm.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
As well as struggling to heat our homes and The threat of power cuts we now have Southern Water restricting supplies.
I've had 2 waters 'outages ' in 2 days. Not for long but getting very 3rd world

This whole Philip’s dad is somehow involved in Stephanie’s financial situation is really blowing my mind. @Clara Burnett is this guy Philip’s father? Is he just giving friendly advice or has he been hired to professionally handle Stephanie’s situation? Has he been her accountant all along or a new hire? Is Stephanie finally in real tax trouble?
View attachment 1824014
*screen shot from @KiKiGee post in last thread
He's a consultant pension affairs. Gonna ask him for tax advice? A pension salesman? It is the sort of thing that she would do of course because he's Phillipa's daddy!

I think I read somewhere that receding hair comes from the maternal side, but he certainly inherited his father’s nostrils 🤣
This remained me of someone, can't remember who, saying that Mick Jagger's nostrils were so large that he could inhale a lemon! Or at least I think it was Jagger😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Is it just me, or are these vlogs getting odder and odder? The only part of the vlog I actually did enjoy was Jared and Pavlina making the wreath. While it may not be to many people's taste, they certainly did try, had fun doing it, and it was really endearing when Jared put his arm through hers as they watched Amaury put it up- this is what true friends do. (It is a rare thing to see genuine affection on the Shitoo vlogs.)

I agree with you 100% @Patriciarella- Fanny with the ornaments in Potts' suite was terrible. Why on earth would Potts and Ruthy Writer want to look at a tree with baubles of IJ & Percy, Fanny & Snorts, Daddy Jarvis and all of Fanny's "favourite memories"? She did at least put the ornament of Ruth's book on it, a camera ornament for Potts, and did refrain from adding the "caca balls". The one funny moment was when Percy almost set fire to the tree by getting a bit too close to it with the candles (I think he knew what he was doing)- "YAAAS! Closer, Percy, Come closer!" and then IJ and Fanny started to yell at him. (Rats- we could have seen if anyone knew how to actually operate one of the 1,000 fire extinguishers and if they even work!) This vlog would have literally been 🔥 . I applaud you for your effort, Percy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Indeed for such a preening little prick he always looks like he got dressed in the dark with clothes from a skip
I personally really like Alexander. Simply because he is an extremely polite, well brought up young man, with a particular skill-set, be that within fabric, curtain making or interior design. AND, he has a good SOH too once he feels comfortable within any particular setting.
Having said all the above, he would drive me crazy as I imagine that he takes an absolute "age" to decide and finalise his attire choices each morning. :D Not my problem, obviously!
Although, imho, just extremely shy! Nothing bad there then!
And he was always nice to the children!!

well...i am off to bed...another early day...filled with meetings and all that crap..there goes my relaxing week...i will catch up with you later...
Sweet dreams

Thanks to all of you who keep this thread going I haven’t the slightest idea how any of it works I’m sure I could figure it out by the wiki but I’m definitely too lazy for that so thanks for many hours of enjoyment!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Tonight on Patreon menu we have: Scraps!

- Stiffy wakes up early and cuz takes them to airport in the dark of the morning to leave for wherever the hell they were going.
- First stop Germany (Aachen), then Netherlands, then London
- Phi Phi buys some more food items that shockingly, he can eat and not die... allegedly!
- Then Paris, where they started celebrating tittynet's birthday in the morning with Andrew and Ricardo, with champagne.
- Some more shopping at some bougie store... I don't remember the name, don't make me watch it again...
- There is some porcelain too OF COURSE!
- Some lady paints people's faces on porcelain, so naturally F4F sits for a portrait.
- They have been invited to a friend's chateau on the way back.. She says she has stayed there before, but I think my brain is too full of chateax and don't recognize this one. I Think it's the one from "the perfectly decorated chateau" video... The owners do not show their faces all night and next day!
- Just to reorient where we are in timeline, when they go back to LL, Stuart has already arrived.
- Afraid be not tattlers.. it is announced that tartan terror will arrive in a few days
- Pictures coming up...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Nutty's mother looks younger than she does. She was at the dinner table; I remembered that she had blonde hair from when they visited her in Argentina. B's sister and her one daughter were at the end of the table. The sister looks more like Nutty but more attractive. I still can't see what Amaury sees in Nutty unless he is just flattered by her clingy neediness.
I think Nutty’s attractiveness lies in her location mere feet away from him 24/7. Anne Marie doesn’t want to exert much effort and she is there, usually clinging like a barnacle to his arm.
I also have a few theories about the odd pairing of Amaury & Natti:
-Slim pickin’s in the middle of nowhere
-In the land of the blind, the one armed man is king
-One time Amaury’s mom, Chantal, fell into the moat and Natti jumped in to save her, then performed cpr to bring her back to life
-Amaury is lazy
-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
-It’s what’s on the inside that counts
-Natti is really a kind and generous person
-Amaury is even shorter in person than he appears on YouTube
-Natti is really good at picking the bedbugs out of Amaury’s hair every morning
-Punami

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Steff feasting on a sausage roll.. clearly she's never seen one this size before.

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 18.14.25.png

Steff on a mission to burn more money on useless tit.

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 18.17.25.png

F4F & PhiPhi handle some fruit in the store.

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 18.21.16.png

Please, for the love of all things holy! Someone tell me why are these 2 suddenly part of the main cast?!

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 18.17.14.png

The lady painted their portraits... But I genuinely can't tell which one is F4F and which one is PhiPhi

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 18.22.44.png

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I just watched the latest advent video.
I found it grotesque. First cook a feast then sit down to eat it in candle light... Nice visual effect - then go through the dark to someone else's apartment with 2 80+ year olds and rummage around in their stuff!
This is virtue signalling at it's worst. And all because they are in sympathy with a war torn country. Why was Phillipa editing? Where did he get the power from? I'm sure in the Ukraine they thoughtfully charge their laptop computers before Putin or whoever destroys their electricity supply.
What a ridiculous and insulting bunch they are. There was no shared hardship at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.