The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it was me!
I had responses from a local historian..who said that the newspapers at the time of the Jarvis gang running the home and selling it were not digitalised.
I have tracked down some obituary details of some who died . I could get copies of their wills to see if the6leftbmoneynto the Jarvis gang but…. The reports about subsequent care at the home described it not in a particularly good light with bedrooms shared and cold meals etc.
I am quite sure Mummy was a mean nurse . So much for Fanny saying her parents thought if the elderly patients with Alzheimer’s were in beautiful surroundings it would help them.
They are a family who have convinced themselves they are deserving and fabulous.
Why did Daddybhave so much time to paint those weird paintings.Did the elderly have to look at them?

In any case so much to research but really we all know a con when we see one.
As for Amoury who is recorded as a resident of the uk and not in work according to the Gov records….? Just why?
He is now resi in France and definitely being employed.
And the Aunt and Uncle set up their property development company for their own property. This is not that unusual in the Uk as a way to tax dodge all the building costs.
The more one looks at the shenanigans of this mob the worse things are. Always remember that there is a difference between tax avoidance - saves you money and tax evasion - sends you to jail. The more I look at the Jarvis gang and the more that gets revealed the more evident it becomes that this is a tax evasion scheme. The crime family are gathering at the farmhouse for Christmas in good old fashioned mob style. It will be fascinating to see exactly who turns up. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexander had to go because he was too much of an outsider and Fanny and co knew that after a few bottles of alcohol tongues will be loosened and he may have heard something that he shouldn't have. Or it could well have been that Fanny's witch Phillipa was jealous because Alexander had a talent (making curtains) whilst it has no skills at all and it would have been shown up once again for the hideously worthless waste of space that it is.
More alarming though is Clara's revelation that the witch Phillipa's father is handling the accounting. This neatly completes the circle. The association is controlled completely by the crime family. I was waiting for a key to the association to drop and Clara just dropped it. By changing the wording of the Patreon account and removing from the Patrons the rights and status of members and substituting that with benefactors they have closed any access to information on the accounts and operation of the association and it's application of funds to non family members.
I think that it is imperative that someone who is a Patron, who has been affected by that change, should go to the authorities. This seemingly minor detail in the wording could unravel this mess and bring the Jarvis crime family down. Just one person and just one small error, that's all it takes.
Publicising the accounts would then reveal who really got paid, what for and how much. In my view this is the tax evasion. Collect the funds tax free then distribute them through the family using inflated salaries, invoices, consulting fees, commissions and so on. It's becoming increasingly clear that the trip to Auntie's barn conversion was simply to obtain and then circulate a record of Armoire's supposed skill level which they will then attempt to use too justify his inflated bills.
I wouldn't mind betting that Uncle and Auntie are up to their necks in this crime as well. It will surprise you but I do not think that Isabelle and Percy approve. My instinct tells me that and I rely on my instinct a lot. Time will tell.
Rest assured that the Tax authority will read this as well as Fanny's witch Phillipa's Father. Whilst the mob think that they are so clever I'm here to tell them that there is nothing new under the sun. If they think that they can come up with a scheme rest assured that the tax authority have already encountered it in many and varied forms.
Does anyone know whether witch Phillipa's father has his own accounting firm or does he work for one of the big 4 accounting firms?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Yes it was me!
I had responses from a local historian..who said that the newspapers at the time of the Jarvis gang running the home and selling it were not digitalised.
I have tracked down some obituary details of some who died . I could get copies of their wills to see if the6leftbmoneynto the Jarvis gang but…. The reports about subsequent care at the home described it not in a particularly good light with bedrooms shared and cold meals etc.
I am quite sure Mummy was a mean nurse . So much for Fanny saying her parents thought if the elderly patients with Alzheimer’s were in beautiful surroundings it would help them.
They are a family who have convinced themselves they are deserving and fabulous.
Why did Daddybhave so much time to paint those weird paintings.Did the elderly have to look at them?

In any case so much to research but really we all know a con when we see one.
As for Amoury who is recorded as a resident of the uk and not in work according to the Gov records….? Just why?
He is now resi in France and definitely being employed.
And the Aunt and Uncle set up their property development company for their own property. This is not that unusual in the Uk as a way to tax dodge all the building costs.
I feel exactly the same as you, Isobel Jarvis was defo a mean nurse but, can turn on the charm on a sixpence when money is involved!
Weren't Derek, Isobel, Chantal and Stephen all in the nursing/mental health profession and worked together at that place?
Was it mentioned last night how long Chantal/Stephen have owned the barn - I just couldn't watch. Like you say, lots of people set up a company specifically for renovating their "ruins", VAT and for other tax purposes being a couple of reasons - deductibles etc.

I also imagine that the grounds of that nursing home were delightful to initially impress relatives and they were only shown the most well presented rooms/suites too on first inspection. But, the majority of the interior, well that must have been an entirely different setting by the sounds of it.

I think someone here did contact the local Marie, can't remember who though. Maybe that is why he was invited and given a VIP welcome at the Patrons' Day and he invited the local MP too, which I always thought was rather strange - just why? And, in turn, why Stephanie Jarvis was invited to wherever it was in Paris to talk about Patreon - again, rather odd imho. Perhaps there is some kind of, " you scratch my back, I'll scratch your's" arrangement - who the hell really knows? It's certainly not unknown for Gov officials to "allegedly" be involved in that kind of situation and, consequently being found out. Happened within the Local Council where I recently moved from specifically in connection with new developers/housing planning consent, absolutely disgusting/shocking! :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I'm still finding the dismissal of Alexander a mystery. He claims he was told there's no room at the castle for him. That's hard to believe as there are so many rooms and most of the guests coming are couples that will be sharing a space. Stuart, I still don't understand why anyone would name their daughter that, is there to cook for the hoard, probably being paid. Is the refugee staying? No gardening to do now. Will she be the scullery maid? I guess Alexander just didn't fit in. He is kind of a joy killer and do nothing when he's not making curtains. Like others have pointed out, Phyllis didn't like him. Jared was a big contributor so he was welcomed and had a husband and home to go home to. I can understand why the Pethericks wanted to get rid of Alexander. He's kind of dead weight that needs to be fed. What a strange life, shuffling from chateau to chateau. Where does his money come from? Trust fund? Will he show up at another chateau on YT? Who would have ever thought there would be a group of drifting chateau groupies! Actually, it's probably been going on since chateaus have been in existence. Maybe he can go help Selmar with the ballroom. 🤣 🕺
in the old days only poor relations were shuffling around from house to house...unmarried old aunts or relations who were mentally unstable..its very odd those chateauxgroupies...spending there best years doing nothing...no career...no home..no family...it must be a rude awakening when they are in their thirties discovering they have nothing....just slaved away in different YT chateaux...were are the families in this??

i always had a trust fund...but i wouldnt dream of using it for this kind of life...i guess all of them dont really fit in the real world...its a hard world these days...but acting like an austriche never did anyone a favor in the long run...i think all those groupies are on very hard times financially.. and another thing i would be ashamed to let people work for free...and like Fanny cashing in a load of money ...that conwoman has no shame..:mad: even if people want to come...running your heap...pay them..not only a bed in a cold room and bad food...its disgusting..

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone, all 15 of you, for keeping me entertained these last few weeks. I'm in the UK now for Mums funeral tomorrow morning, you'll never know what a joyful distraction this has been. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas. A plus x

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Alexander was forced out because he's not part of the "Firm". They couldn't risk having an outsider listening in on their plotting and scheming. All the family and friends that are invited are in on the scam. Every single one of them. They'll be a lot of discussion and planning and not in a good way. This Christmas is definitely the first time the entire tribe has gathered under one crumbling roof.
I was thinking along similar lines but I expect the answer is even more simple. Alexander is a delicate hothouse flower and it is far too cold at the heap. Fanny could’ve intended to keep Alexie busy and away from discussions but we know her scheming sessions would’ve been in the areas of warmth. Doubtless they couldn’t keep him out of those.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone, all 15 of you, for keeping me entertained these last few weeks. I'm in the UK now for Mums funeral tomorrow morning, you'll never know what a joyful distraction this has been. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas. A plus x
i wish you a lott of strenght , a big hug and also a wonderfull Christmas...take care😘

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sickening how Stephanine is the leader, just seen todays offering on utube more owners changing the description of thumbnails to castle.

Unfortunately what I dont get is why they dont start to expose her. Her and Philip and Anna take the largest share of patreons in generating money. Stephainine is now looking at grfting more.
Money is tight and many of these people are Patreons across several of them. She is going to finiancially impact on them.

They need to start exposing her more instead of following. My anger I feel is leading me towards another viewing outlet. Leaving this corrupt area of utube alone.

Reactions: 21
The more one looks at the shenanigans of this mob the worse things are. Always remember that there is a difference between tax avoidance - saves you money and tax evasion - sends you to jail. The more I look at the Jarvis gang and the more that gets revealed the more evident it becomes that this is a tax evasion scheme. The crime family are gathering at the farmhouse for Christmas in good old fashioned mob style. It will be fascinating to see exactly who turns up. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexander had to go because he was too much of an outsider and Fanny and co knew that after a few bottles of alcohol tongues will be loosened and he may have heard something that he shouldn't have. Or it could well have been that Fanny's witch Phillipa was jealous because Alexander had a talent (making curtains) whilst it has no skills at all and it would have been shown up once again for the hideously worthless waste of space that it is.
More alarming though is Clara's revelation that the witch Phillipa's father is handling the accounting. This neatly completes the circle. The association is controlled completely by the crime family. I was waiting for a key to the association to drop and Clara just dropped it. By changing the wording of the Patreon account and removing from the Patrons the rights and status of members and substituting that with benefactors they have closed any access to information on the accounts and operation of the association and it's application of funds to non family members.
I think that it is imperative that someone who is a Patron, who has been affected by that change, should go to the authorities. This seemingly minor detail in the wording could unravel this mess and bring the Jarvis crime family down. Just one person and just one small error, that's all it takes.
Publicising the accounts would then reveal who really got paid, what for and how much. In my view this is the tax evasion. Collect the funds tax free then distribute them through the family using inflated salaries, invoices, consulting fees, commissions and so on. It's becoming increasingly clear that the trip to Auntie's barn conversion was simply to obtain and then circulate a record of Armoire's supposed skill level which they will then attempt to use too justify his inflated bills.
I wouldn't mind betting that Uncle and Auntie are up to their necks in this crime as well. It will surprise you but I do not think that Isabelle and Percy approve. My instinct tells me that and I rely on my instinct a lot. Time will tell.
Rest assured that the Tax authority will read this as well as Fanny's witch Phillipa's Father. Whilst the mob think that they are so clever I'm here to tell them that there is nothing new under the sun. If they think that they can come up with a scheme rest assured that the tax authority have already encountered it in many and varied forms.
Does anyone know whether witch Phillipa's father has his own accounting firm or does he work for one of the big 4 accounting firms?
FFS, someone must surely have reported Stephanie Jarvis to the French Department of Tax by now? I am not a patron and, don't live in France either.

My late sister's SIL worked for the UK Tax Department, and I remember having a conversation with her years ago specifically about this subject. She told me in no uncertain terms, that if ever someone was reported to them, even anonymously, then that individual/company was 100% investigated and their records/accounts scrutinised thoroughly until they were satisfied that everything was above board. I imagine that it is the same in France too. The only downside, is that the original whistle blower was never, ever informed of the outcome, which is probably for the best in most instances.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
AVAILABLE NOW We are three misfits looking for a chateau to stay in for room and board and a little spending money for the brocante. We offer floral arranging, ballroom dancing and curtain making. We are sensitive types that can't handle pressure so please let us work at our own pace on our projects without interference. In addition, we need lots of approval and praising. We don't do any cleaning but will occasionally help out with cooking when in the mood. We are famous YTers and Influencers so expect our phones to be in your space and face often. We need total access to your chateau for our vlogs night and day. We also need frequent times away to visit and exploit other chateau owners. Serious inquiries only please. 🏰 🕺 💐 🧵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Always a pleasure to read your posts. Hope your dear mum has a beautiful send off, she deserves it. Much love and strength to you and, your's. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was thinking along similar lines but I expect the answer is even more simple. Alexander is a delicate hothouse flower and it is far too cold at the heap. Fanny could’ve intended to keep Alexie busy and away from discussions but we know her scheming sessions would’ve been in the areas of warmth. Doubtless they couldn’t keep him out of those.
Alexander’s language was ‘now’ they have no room for me....

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
FFS, someone must surely have reported Stephanie Jarvis to the French Department of Tax by now? I am not a patron and, don't live in France either.

My late sister's SIL worked for the UK Tax Department, and I remember having a conversation with her years ago specifically about this subject. She told me in no uncertain terms, that if ever someone was reported to them, even anonymously, then that individual/company was 100% investigated and their records/accounts scrutinised thoroughly until they were satisfied that everything was above board. I imagine that it is the same in France too. The only downside, is that the original whistle blower was never, ever informed of the outcome, which is probably for the best in most instances.
i somehow have the feeling the taxman is already on Fannies doorstep...but she will never let is show on her vlogs...i think when the camera is off..there is not much love life and laughter left... :rolleyes: there is a reason why they all drink so much...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
And of course, handwriting itself has become a lost art. Cursive, for the most part, isn't taught anymore. It was my secret code because my students couldn't read it! ✍🏼 🕵🏼
I agree with you on this. I write cursive, not (only) because it is pretty, but because it is faster, than writing block letters.
Also, most can't read it. Then I shrug and say it's not my fault. LOL.
I'm astounded by how many people's handwriting look absolutely abysmal. I mean looking like crow's feet, it's that ugly.
Funny story: Last year when I started learning Russian, we were asked to transcribe the text from book to paper, to become familiar with the cyrillic letters. I opted to learn the cursive version of the letters, much to my teacher's joy and amusement. When she highlighted that one day. The over-zealous one became a bit jealous and talked to the other people in class "tHaT tHeRe Is NoThInG mOrE pErSoNaL tHaN oNe'S hAnDwRiTiNg". :rolleyes: He was one of the reasons, that made me think, I'm taking a break from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think that the real rot set in when Phillipa arrived. There was always a stink hanging around Fanny but that particular odour was from the way that she mistreated people. Phillipa introduced a whiff of corruption. And for someone so young🤔 tsk tsk tsk
What still makes me laugh and laugh and larf is that some concerned Tattlers were concerned that Phillipa wasn't going to college and furthering it's education. Let me tell you, it could lecture the most hardened cops on vice😂

• Wow
Reactions: 19
i somehow have the feeling the taxman is already on Fannies doorstep...but she will never let is show on her vlogs...i think when the camera is off..there is not much love life and laughter left... :rolleyes: there is a reason why they all drink so much...
I sincerely hope that that is the case. It makes me so mad when I witness these manipulative scammers thinking that they can/will get away with it!

I once worked for a father/son company who scammed just about everybody that they ever did business with - they were originally UK based. Were even featured on Esther Rantzen's show in the late '90s where she exposed them, especially the son, as being 100% fraudsters. I didn't know any of this when I originally started working part time for the father about 20 years ago whilst I was training to become a Garden Designer.

Eventually they set themselves up in the sickening, deplorable, exploitative "Pay Day Loans" industry in various states in the US.
They were eventually reported and exposed, even the FBI was after the elderly father and son (who was a particularly nasty, ugly SOB/N/Psycho), plus many other employees too who were on the take as shareholders. It is well documented on the internet.

I was even named in one blog as being "enigmatic" - for very good reason I might add. I had only ever just done my job and then went home as I never truly, fully understood exactly what was going on, (much like how Stephanie Jarvis likes to keep it in connection with what she does), and I had expressed to a few other members of staff (who I was unaware were shareholders too), that, that business practise was the lowest, of the low in taking advantage of the most vulnerable in society - and, thereafter, my comments obviously got back to the main players. I left their employment within a couple of months with my head held high! Total scumbags imho!

So, yes, perhaps Alexander has been given the bum's rush because, the "family et al" will be strategizing around the table during the festive period and they certainly don't want any witnesses, or, covert phone recordings either! 🤮

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t really see my nieces a lot during the year due to their academic and teaching schedules, so for birthday and Christmas presents, I always get them some type of kitchen item or home type item, etc. I got my 2 nieces ( who are 26 and 28 years old) this guide to slice hasselback styled potatoes. So they can have fancy potatoes. I also got both of them a 4 pack of large potatoes that were wrapped in cellophane. Alas, unforunately between the 3 days I purchased the potatoes and they opened the gift sack with the potatoes, a couple of the potatoes had started sprouting. Is that not reminiscent of a F4F 1st world problem?

What I have read about this style of potato presentation (multiple slices and fanned out potato) was that it was developed in the 1950s in Sweden. But then I have seen other info saying that it did not originate in Sweden

Since we have such a diverse world wide audience here,I would like to ask if any Tattlers have prepared or eaten Hasselback styled potatoes in their home country. I had never seen potatoes styled in this manner, but then again, I am from Tennessee, so please forgive me for lack of worldliness (which I know is shocking since the F4F infamous Marie Antoinette descendent tree dopplelganger, the Tulip Poplar, is one of the official state trees). In Tennessee potatoes are usually either baked, fried, mashed, or smashed into oblivion before serving.

View attachment 1818437
I have prepared and eaten hassleback potatoes! They are super easy to make…. Very, very tasty! ( I am from Tennessee also …. ha ha ha)

• Heart
I don’t really see my nieces a lot during the year due to their academic and teaching schedules, so for birthday and Christmas presents, I always get them some type of kitchen item or home type item, etc. I got my 2 nieces ( who are 26 and 28 years old) this guide to slice hasselback styled potatoes. So they can have fancy potatoes. I also got both of them a 4 pack of large potatoes that were wrapped in cellophane. Alas, unforunately between the 3 days I purchased the potatoes and they opened the gift sack with the potatoes, a couple of the potatoes had started sprouting. Is that not reminiscent of a F4F 1st world problem?

What I have read about this style of potato presentation (multiple slices and fanned out potato) was that it was developed in the 1950s in Sweden. But then I have seen other info saying that it did not originate in Sweden

Since we have such a diverse world wide audience here,I would like to ask if any Tattlers have prepared or eaten Hasselback styled potatoes in their home country. I had never seen potatoes styled in this manner, but then again, I am from Tennessee, so please forgive me for lack of worldliness (which I know is shocking since the F4F infamous Marie Antoinette descendent tree dopplelganger, the Tulip Poplar, is one of the official state trees). In Tennessee potatoes are usually either baked, fried, mashed, or smashed into oblivion before serving.

View attachment 1818437
Yes they are eaten here in the UK. I’ve not tried them but I do have 1 odd potato which I thought I might try with.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with you on this. I write cursive, not (only) because it is pretty, but because it is faster, than writing block letters.
Also, most can't read it. Then I shrug and say it's not my fault. LOL.
I'm astounded by how many people's handwriting look absolutely abysmal. I mean looking like crow's feet, it's that ugly.
Funny story: Last year when I started learning Russian, we were asked to transcribe the text from book to paper, to become familiar with the cyrillic letters. I opted to learn the cursive version of the letters, much to my teacher's joy and amusement. When she highlighted that one day. The over-zealous one became a bit jealous and talked to the other people in class "tHaT tHeRe Is NoThInG mOrE pErSoNaL tHaN oNe'S hAnDwRiTiNg". :rolleyes: He was one of the reasons, that made me think, I'm taking a break from this.
Jealousy is never a nice personality trait/characteristic in others, even more so, when totally unwarranted!
Hats off to you in even attempting to learn Russian - absolutely awesome! ❤

• Heart
Weren't Derek, Isobel, Chantal and Stephen all in the nursing/mental health profession and worked together at that place?
I get the impression that there were more institutions than just the Framlingham one. Wasn't there also an old newspaper article about Derek's family with a brother and sister of his who ran such homes? If members of both Derek's and Isabelle's families ran such establishments over the years, they probably made a small fortune and also benefited with money, furniture, etc., from quite a few wills. Fanny probably always knew that she would never need to work for a living. I guess Amaury was encouraged to learn carpentry and building work so he could be put to use.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.