Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I know exactly what you mean. :D But, they are a really nice couple. I feel that their Chateau will be very tastefully restored eventually.
Plus, they have made many friends in the local community within the 6 months they have been there which if far greater than SJ has ever done during her 18 years at LaLa Land.
How many dogs do they have - I lose count, but it's a lot no matter what. Not sure which breed they are though! Are they dog breeders?
They were absolutely heartbroken and, understandably so stressed out when one of them recently went walk about.
It wasn't one someone came and opened the gate and all eight of them took off. One didn't come back.for a few days they finally did find her.. Anyone watch. make do grow from Portugal? Those two work really hard and get it done.

Reactions: 11

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Thanks! I think it could easily serve 10 people…up to 12 people. It’s one of those casseroles that taste really good as “leftovers” too.
I will need to rework the amount as it’s just for 2 of us, so definitely leftovers as well on Boxing Day with gammon.
Look forward to trying it. ❤

• Heart

pink roses

Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you 😊
I feel your pain ! We’re down with some virus here too … really recommend Lady of the château and Homeworthy to pass the time.

• Heart

Margo Polo

VIP Member
I agree with you on the table scape (especially the candlesticks). And maybe I did misunderstand him. I again went back to listen to it, and I'm now not sure what he said, but it initially sounded like "masculine" to my ears.
The whole room needs a make over. He needs a proper light over the table, those lamp shades are out dated, he needs proper sized art. The cheap looking table clothe is a no. The table would have looked better if he used the glass candle sticks. If he went outside and foraged, he could create a wonderful Centrepiece. He could go to charity shops and look for decor. He could create table clothes buy using a new bed sheet, shower curtain. He just needs to know how to sew to create them, very simple.

• Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
  • Lady of the Chateau continuing to get good reviews! 🏰 May have to watch that one.
You should watch it....they don't put out many videos, but when they do, they're usually pretty long. I fast forward through some of it when it gets tedious. Also, even though I hate recommending a video of Stephanie's, Julia and her family asked Stephanie to tour the video and film it before they bought it. If you haven't seen them, it was one of Stephanie's better videos. Julia and her family bought the chateau without touring it due to covid restrictions. It was a good video that gives you a really good look at what they purchased. It's split into two videos.

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Holy Heck!

Dear Grannies,
This crazy cost of living crisis is hitting close to your YouTube home!
Your elegance icon Nicolas Fairfraud is really, really stuck! He's down to flipping pages of a book for vlog content!
Please get his Patreon funding going up so he can travel soon, he is in bad need of fresh inspiration.

View attachment 1768342

Meanwhile, Phyllis can now help himself to some new p0rn content!

View attachment 1768343
…. So, he uses a transparent white/green tablecloth as base, puts scarlet red saucers on it. What’s up with the water glasses? And.. is that ivy that he uses as plants?

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Tune in now to Journey to the Chateu de Colombe for a very tedious ribbon tutorial!

I find his speach pattern stressful - the way he constantly pauses as if he's speaking between bites of a sandwich.
I know exactly what you mean. :D But, they are a really nice couple. I feel that their Chateau will be very tastefully restored eventually.
Plus, they have made many friends in the local community within the 6 months they have been there which if far greater than SJ has ever done during her 18 years at LaLa Land.
How many dogs do they have - I lose count, but it's a lot no matter what. Not sure which breed they are though! Are they dog breeders?
They were absolutely heartbroken and, understandably so stressed out when one of them recently went walk about.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
I think that green bean casserole was part of that post war conspiracy by Campbell’s Soup and French’s to get you to buy all their nasty products for everyday use. While many like it, we never served it in our house. Sadly those vile congealed Jello, cream cheese and fruit cocktail salads were everywhere!
The lime Jello, with cottage cheese, pineapple and horseradish is my fave. No Kewel Wheeyup, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Haha
  • Sick

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Turkey sandwiches with stuffing (dressing) and cranberries a truly great sandwich
My absolute favourite. Late Christmas Day evening and it always had to be freshly sliced white bread too. Yummy!
Boxing Day lunch/dinner was all about cold turkey/ham/stuffing, new pots and salad. Absolutely delicious. ❤

Reactions: 10

T Rex

VIP Member
The lime Jello, with cottage cheese, pineapple and horseradish is my fave. No Kewel Wheeyup, the line has to be drawn somewhere.
LMAO- horseradish?!? Oh @billybudd- you are slaying me! The granny who has lovingly made it for you may need to be checked for dementia! I think it is supposed to be miniature marshmallows or coconut... 😂 😂 😂

• Haha

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Michael and Fanny were a very good team, both for LaLande and each other, it’s very obvious from both of their vlogs. But as someone with mental health issues and many bad decisions before the age of 50 I hope he stays as far from the Queen of Lies and her minions as he can. He needs to make friends outside of the Petherick’s circle. And he needs to stop being a child and learn to drive. Or get a bicycle to transport himself responsibly!
I can understand why you think Michael should get his licence.
But he must have his reasons for not driving.

I respectfully agree to disagree that 'he needs stop being a child and learn to drive.'
I have never driven a car and don't intend to learn.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
I hope your surgery and recovery goes well. I had a very bad stomach ache once. My regular doc was on vacation and the substitute doctor gave me antacid pills. A few months later the stomach ache came back with a vengeance. My appendix had perforated and my body was filled with toxins. Emergency surgery at 2 am, three nights in hospital hooked up to antibiotic drip to rid my system of the poison. Surgeon said I was lucky to have made it. Next year at work, at colleague complained about the same kind of pain I had had. I told her to go immediately to the doctor to be checked for appendicitis. She had surgery that night to remove it.
A tip i learnt three decades ago when I had my appendix removed. It was OK for the Dr to press down on the appendix area (no excessive pain) but when he released the pressure, it was like a volcano of pain. Anyone else experience this?

• Wow

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
But I don't think anyone is living in the chateau now... Billy et al are in the other house, Michael has the cottage, everyone else is at the convent no? Where is Mo and Sadie living?
Does Michael actually sleep in the cottage?
I don't think he has a bathroom or loo as yet.

Jeeves

VIP Member
These are 2 very traditional Christmas cakes. The first by Mary Berry

then Delia Smith
Love Delia! Have you tried her Creole cake?

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
View attachment 1765170
SJ the Nadiac kid is so good looking and a great French cook. His sweater is even better than mine. What do you mean his grandfather was even better than mine?
View attachment 1765179
SJ my French class isn’t going well. I still can’t speak to my French wig man. Look what he wants me to wear on my head. What do you mean no one will look at me when they could be looking into the Nadiac kid and his angel eyes?
View attachment 1765192
When all the gays were here nobody flirted with me. They flirted with the Nadiac kid. He laughed them off and said,” trust me I am straight, just ask SJ!”
Two lardons for Angel Eyes. Will he score the trifecta and earn a third lardon with his Isabelle Auschwitz ration?

• Haha

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
There doesn't appear to be a fuel shortage now. It's stopped making the news. The cost peaks and dips but it's readily available. The main problem, I believe, was with Total Energies fuel stations (either I'm having deja'vu or I've said all this somewhere before!). Total Energies passed on the government subsidies to the customer so their fuel was always cheaper than anywhere else. However, their workers went on strike, during the strike season here in France - October and November, and blockaded the refineries. The tanker drivers also went on strike. So the fuel stations weren't getting the full quota deliveries. But there was always fuel available at other petrol stations. In fact the only fuel stations I ever saw without fuel were Total Energies, so they regulated how much you could pump. That all seems to have finished now and I think the government subsidies may have too.

The problem with electric cars is their autonomy. Great if you're town driving but if you have a long distance journey you have to ensure that
1. there are charging stations on your route
and
2. you have enough charge to reach them!
At present it is free to charge your electric car in France at the public bornes. If you have a charging station set up in your home I believe the fitting of it is free. Not sure if the electricity supplied is free. The French government is very keen to get everyone in electric cars. However, before too long you will have to pay for the charge at public charging bornes (credit card, bank card, tokens etc.,) and for charging from your home (if you don'talready). I don't think it's possible to just plug it in to any source electricity. There needs to be specific equipment.

Another thing that has been aired by the government to help counter the electricity usage in France is to only make the charging stations available at certain times! Kind of goes against the previous government encouragement of buying an electric car! There is a large carpark in Montpellier that has dozens of electricity car charging bornes. About two dozen of them are supplied by Tesla. All of the Tesla ones have been made unavailable for use! Not sure what's going on there.

Motor trade wife. I could talk about this all night. I should get a life...
I think you can charge your car from the house.
There has been controversy somewhere in Sydney about this.
Residents run extension cords from their house out to their electric cars to charge the battery.

• Wow

ScooterMaGoo

I haven't watched it yet, but I bet you had trouble hearing him! He's probably concentrating "extra" on that ASMR voice of his!

That table just doesn't read "holiday" to me. It's a little mish-mash, at least for him. I get that he's going to use his own stuff that he's selling, like the napkins, but the napkins feel more like Spring and don't really match the tablecloth. Also, those candlesticks are ridiculously tall for the size of the table and he's got two of them on there! When he set the table in the last video, even without the candles in them, they were top-heavy because the bases on them are so small relative to the height. He's got much better stuff squirreled away in those cabinets of his that he could use - I know, because I watch him on the regular (don't ask me why.....must be because I find his voice so soothing!).
I agree with you on the table scape (especially the candlesticks). And maybe I did misunderstand him. I again went back to listen to it, and I'm now not sure what he said, but it initially sounded like "masculine" to my ears.