Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freesia54

VIP Member
Congratulations @Beachgirl

i just watched Dan and Amauries...well how shall i put it...insight manshealth vlog??

its obvious the all need a strong drink to get through the cadeauvlogs....quit an insult to all those people who send this crap...if you read here stop it...

Dan is not mentally stable..i guess we all knew that...i get the feeling he and annalise didnt talk much...untill it came to a breakdown...Dan surely regrets it...but stilll refuses to listen to his now ex wife..Amaury follows Herr Nasty like a puppy on a leash..and he likes it..stupid man..

the vlog gives a lott away..if you can bare to watch it for half an hour..

they all seem to depend on YT, instagram and all that shit..Dan says Google controles your life..well not my life..thats for sure..:rolleyes:

all in all this vlog gives us somthing to talk about ..the whole weekend...love to read your thoughts..
I didn't get past the first 5 minutes...couldn't stop looking at Dan's 'worn' jeans...does he think he was being trendy? Did he borrow them from Mancub? Dan trying to philosophical is a stretch too far..that voice Dan is called Ego the innervoice is more of a feeling, intuition its a guidance system, leave Google to those who choose to find their answers externally all you need to know is within.

I have to admit that I have been getting a niggling thought that CD reminds me of something, and then I finally twigged it was like The Darling Buds of May - everything is lovely, with a lot of living and laughs...... Except the original never gave such a bad aftertaste. 😣😬🤢
And there's no Bradley Walsh x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Thank you for the get well wishes and vlog recommendations, very kind and much appreciated 😊
I feel like I have Covid but without the cough, the lateral flow tests over three consecutive days are negative. There is a nasty strain of Flu going around which some are saying is actually a new variant of Covid, what ever it is it’s completely debilitating and unpleasant. Onwards and upwards though, not much keeps me horizontal for too long …

I find the topic fascinating and terrifying in equal measure. I had a blood clot last year 6 weeks after the Oxford vaccine, can’t be proven to be linked of course - or so I’m told!!
Us too!
We think there is a lot we are not told by medicos and politicians simply because it would send the general populus into panic mode.
And I don't mean conspiracy theories.

Our 10 yr old grand-daughter has just got over RSV and went back to school today. (She hasn't had Covid yet.). She felt very unwell even though she is rarely unwell. RSV is certainly doing the rounds in the schools here after unusually low numbers for the past two years, when everyone was wearing a mask and social distancing.
It certainly has.
The grand daughter of an acquaintance spent five nights in hospital with it.

• Heart
  • Sad

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Yes, but do you expect friends and family to drop everything and transport you across the country? You seem far too sensible for that kind of entitlement. I’d be willing to bet you take responsibility for your transportation needs like any adult. I also agree not everyone needs to own a car or learn to drive. Many places have truly excellent public transit systems and the world would be much better off with less people owning/driving vehicles. I only returned to driving when I moved well out of my city and decided the available public options would take too long. I grew up living on a farm out in the country with three options, walk 20 miles one way, bicycle the same or learn to drive. Usually I biked. I was taught to operate the farm equipment young which saved my life. A serious accident while I was doing chores alone caused me to have to tourniquet my left arm and drive as fast as possible to the nearest emergency room. This was a decade or more before the national emergency call service. I was lucky and they saved both my life and arm. Forty years later the battle wounds have faded. Michael and his family are isolated enough at Basmaignèe. Granted I don’t know what the public transit options truly are, but all we’ve seen is him cadging rides everywhere. At the very least he should have a bicycle to get him to the nearest train or bus depot. I should have been more clear it’s about him being an adult and taking responsibility for his choices and behavior.
Thank you Mrs Haversham for responding in such completeness.❤ ❤
I understand your reasoning about isolation and point taken about cycling.

So it begs the question why does Michael not drive?
We are not privy to everything in vlogger's lives or their personal history.
We only know what they allow us to see or what Tattlers are able to discover.
Michael may have a medical condition, or he simply may not have the confidence to drive.
In case of emergency, there is usually enough people at the chateau to assist him.

If the very worst happened he could saddle up Elsa, or attach her to Mo's newly refurbished jinker. :LOL:

• Haha

Maple fairy

VIP Member
Question; when F4F comes down the stairs in the cleaning video, to her left, is that a piece of particle board leaned against a doorway? I’m always directionally challenged watching the videos. What is on that side?

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Yes I heard her say when Carlo retired from the cemetery that he was going to work p/t in a B & B. But like you have not seen or heard anything else since. I always assumed it would be at their friends Elizabeth and Pepes holiday let in Priano
as they are busy with the boats for the Summer season so wouldn’t have time to look after that as well. I know that didn’t open until September so if that is where Carlo was going to be it would have left him with 9 months of not working. Haven’t listened to the podcast so didn’t realise Nikki had had a drink problem in the past. I do like her vlogs and look forward to them. Very jealous of her house and garden but I think those steps would not be for me. Have been to Positano once we got a ferry from Amalfi I did find it hard work walking up to the shops even though I had all day to do it in. That’s the trouble with not being fit. Monsieur de P walks miles every day I struggle to walk one mile a week.
I wondered if it was Elisabeth's B&B, too, but......I follow Elizabeth (I think I may love her more than Nicki!!) on Instagram and she was filming there quite often during the summer months - every day she does a fairly large Instagram story of her day, as she's feeding the animals every day. She has a ton of mini-goats, 5 of them pregnant right now, plus the chickens. Nicki and Carlo said that whoever it was he was working for didn't want to be filmed, so that sort of made me think it wasn't Elisabeth, who seems to love being on camera! Pepe, her husband, doesn't seem to love it, though, but I don't think he'd stop someone from filming their place, particularly since Elisabeth has splashed it all over Instagram (she just did another tour of the place yesterday or the day before).

With regard to the alcohol issue, I don't think she called it alcoholism, I just didn't know what to call it! Maybe she called it an alcohol problem? I think she thought she was becoming dependent and made mention of how she woke up some mornings and didn't feel like doing anything but sleeping all day after a night out. She went to her dad's in England, bought herself non-alcoholic wine and drank it when the feeling hit during her time there (apparently, you can't get those in Italy, or couldn't at the time). She thought she had enough of a problem that she had to go away and take care of it. She said she really didn't have too tough of a time after about the first day and went on to mention how the benefits of not drinking have helped her weight and she said her entire face shape changed. She really does look different than she did four or five years ago, softer I think.

• Heart

Beachgirl

VIP Member
The linseed feeds the tomettes and stops them from becoming too dry. Once they dry out they become flakey and prone to cracking and disintegrating. It doesn't "polish" them, it gives them a protective layer. Fanny spoke about rubbing in beeswax and polishing them up. A time consuming job which needs to be repeated on a regular basis. And the beeswax residue needs to be scrapped off before any more linseed or wax can be applied. When replacing floor tiles the French simply do not use terracotta tomettes anymore because of the time consuming maintenance. Two of the houses we have bought in France had terracotta tomettes. When we viewed the houses I thought they were so beautiful, original and in keeping. After living with them for a while I couldn't wait to get rid of them! They were just too much work to keep looking good and they trapped all the dust and dirt.

Another use for linseed is conditioning the interior iron work of wood burning stoves. After sweeping and thoroughly cleaning the interior of the stove every interior surface is coated with linseed oil. We do this once a year and it looks beautiful, prior to the first fire. I wonder if fanny has invested in a cinder vacuum. Indispensable, otherwise you never really get them clean.
Don’t forget about using linseed oil on cricketbats😂😂

• Haha

vitanova

VIP Member
Either that or proving tattlers wrong, that he and Philip can co-habitate. Remember when tattle says "Jump", Stephanie asks "how high?"

Speaking of. I wonder what this means for Stephanie's timeline, did Billy indirectly put holes in her timeline?

Oh, I would love to hear. Nothing salacious, but funny stories...
yes, like what maxima likes to eat.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
And to add to the joys… my dr friend said people who have had Covid have a greater chance of having shingles!

why did MP not stay at Lalande. It’s odd to drive all that way for one night although I’m glad he did.
I wonder…. If the freely flowing drink is too much of a temptation fro someone who may struggle with it and adding to the medication.
Alexander will not fit in. It’s far too unruly there.
I don’t believe he can cook. He spends a great deal of time in the bathroom getting ready each day too.
Unless he and Jared are going to make cushions together in a cupboard in Narnia.

The atmosphere was much better without squirrel.

I do hope that there will be NO duets. Maybe squirrel is practicing the piano- carols 🫣
That's interesting about shingles!
There is now an ad on tv about shingles on regular repeat.
I think you may have answered our question as to why?
There is so much we don't know about covid and it's long term effects.

• Wow
  • Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Is the Thanks button beside the thumbs up/down new to youtube. I see it's not on all vlogs I follow.

That was an odd vlog wasn't it?
  • One of the reasons Alexander went to Lalande was because Basmaignee was too cold for him???
  • Billy is pretty much real-time with his vlogs so we know Fanny is home and not travelling at the moment.
  • Billy's dig about Lalande turning Alexander into an alcoholic after one night!
  • Fanny's demeanor when she doesn't know she's being filmed is always interesting.
  • The Pethericks and Chateau Diaries both have 211K subscribers.
No Billy's videos are day by day so it was on Monday he dropped him off and returned home today Tuesday

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Perhaps it was just me, but Stephony seemed a tiny bit jealous during those pre-purchase touring vlogs. Especially about the grounds.
It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I remember a couple of instances where Stephanie caught the envy bug. The grounds, which you mentioned and I think were on some sort of conservancy list and, of course, the china room!

• Heart

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
"Over my dad body!"

Aww...he's now sporting a dad bod! Yes, Stephanie! Embrace the dad bod-- something your PhiPhi has a HUGE deficiency in.

View attachment 1769997
View attachment 1770000

Where's your BFF Froilan?
View attachment 1770037
Florian's busy.
He studying to be a P.E. teacher.

Wouldn't you be mad if you gave her a good load of $$$ for her Free Blue Car and she sold it for travel !!!
Livid doesn't quite cover it Pekey.

• Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
I’ve long suspected there is only one elderly fruitcake constantly playing pass the potato in the US!
M&MsMom whispers: I love fruitcake!
I'm the only person I know who does! I'm particular about it, though, but not so particular that I won't give at least a go on any of them if I can't find the exact brand I really, really like! In my view, the cheaper ones are better - that will probably disgust every fruitcake-hater out there! I mean, dyed green cherries just can't be made elegant, so why spring for a $50 one when a $15 one will do!! I eat it for a week or two and that's it. Small pieces, maybe two or three bites every night with a cup of tea and my fruitcake quotient for the year is complete and I don't want to see it or even think about it until the next Christmas!

• Heart
  • Wow