Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Madame No

VIP Member
Everyone on their best behaviour please. England v USA kicks off in 7 minutes.
No rude chants from the terraces please and certainly no name calling😉 ⚽⚽
Best of luck to both teams
No worries at my end. I don't follow pro team sports of any kind from any country. Didn't even know this competition was happening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I only learned this past weekend from everyone here about the ones with marzipan and icing! I don't know if I'd like it or not, but I'm going to try it, I think, just because I enjoy trying things from other cultures. I like marzipan, frangipani, all of those almond flavors!

What I like as much as fruitcake this time of year is panettone! I just ordered several, which will arrive on Saturday, including one I always get from Fiasconaro, who are the ones who make the Panettone in those Dolce & Gabbana tins Stephanie Jarvis is always swooning over at Christmas - I did not get the tins! Just the panettone! I swear, she likes those tins more than she likes the panettone itself!

I'm going to be 50 pounds heavier on January 1st!! I'm clearly NOT on a low-carb/no-carb diet!
Panettones must not be that popular around here in the US . Most stores sell them 75% off after the holidays. As they as good for months. I usually get more than I should. I do like the ones with chocolate. Not traditional but good.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Just watched the Lady of the château vlog do they ever put Dame F4F to shame, they have style and skills and money, hard working too, the after was stunning and their workshop looked wonderful.
But…. Do they not have bigger clothes. They all seem to be squeezing in our out of everything…
They are an amazing team. A fantastic event. MM no hope….
And a very beautiful chateau and tremendous grounds

• Heart
Reactions: 11

M&MsMom

VIP Member
I was quite surprised when he said his tablescape was quite masculine. I had to go back and listen to it a couple of times to make sure I heard him correctly.
I haven't watched it yet, but I bet you had trouble hearing him! He's probably concentrating "extra" on that ASMR voice of his!

That table just doesn't read "holiday" to me. It's a little mish-mash, at least for him. I get that he's going to use his own stuff that he's selling, like the napkins, but the napkins feel more like Spring and don't really match the tablecloth. Also, those candlesticks are ridiculously tall for the size of the table and he's got two of them on there! When he set the table in the last video, even without the candles in them, they were top-heavy because the bases on them are so small relative to the height. He's got much better stuff squirreled away in those cabinets of his that he could use - I know, because I watch him on the regular (don't ask me why.....must be because I find his voice so soothing!).

• Haha

billybudd

VIP Member
She's desperately flaunting them because that's about all she has to offer. That girl is as dumb as they get, really. Her mother's ex boyfriend used to call her 'a waste of life', and for good reason I might add. Isabelle Jarvis and her Percy call her "the mute", because she is predominantly silent. She's a downer for every party and has nothing to contribute but those boobs. It landed her another husband to be, I give her that. Until she screws that up too.
Not for the first time has the Lalande scene reminded me of the early '60s Richard Rodgers musical, No Strings. His first after the death of Hammerstein, and nothing like the work they did together. No Strings starred the wonderful Diahann Carroll in an interracial love affair with the wonderful Richard Kiley -- set in a jet set Eurotrash scene.
This is Tess' song, written in 1962, decades before her boobs were born.

• Haha
  • Heart
Off topic, but since you brought up The Positano Diaries, I have a question for you or anyone here that also watches. I love her vlog and never miss it!

I'm confused about what Carlo is doing, not that it's any of my business - LOL!!. When he left his decades-long job at the cemetery, both of them said that wherever he was working was not comfortable with them filming, so neither one of them would be revealing where it was that he was actually working or even what he was doing, although it sounded like it was a B&B or a hotel of some sort. I can't remember what gave me that impression. They would only say that it was a new direction for Carlo. Recently, I listened to a podcast by that couple who recently stayed with them, Jits Into the Sunset, because they interviewed Nicki and they said they would be talking about things Nicki had never discussed before (it was a fun interview, but I feel like I've heard it all before, except for the specifics of how she physically kicked her alcohol consumption/addiction, which they didn't spend a ton of time on in the interview). They talked about Carlo and it was as if he was always going to be "retired", with no other job. At one point, Nicki said that Carlo has mentioned recently that he doesn't know why he was worrying about what he'd be doing with all this time he now has, as he's busy all the time!

It just feels weird, mainly because I see the both of them as pretty up front and honest about everything.....and I don't know what the big deal would be about being honest in saying he was "retired" (no matter his age - the guy had worked at that cemetery since he was 14 years old and it was 365 days a year! He would deserve a break from that!!). What do you think about this?
Yes I heard her say when Carlo retired from the cemetery that he was going to work p/t in a B & B. But like you have not seen or heard anything else since. I always assumed it would be at their friends Elizabeth and Pepes holiday let in Priano
as they are busy with the boats for the Summer season so wouldn’t have time to look after that as well. I know that didn’t open until September so if that is where Carlo was going to be it would have left him with 9 months of not working. Haven’t listened to the podcast so didn’t realise Nikki had had a drink problem in the past. I do like her vlogs and look forward to them. Very jealous of her house and garden but I think those steps would not be for me. Have been to Positano once we got a ferry from Amalfi I did find it hard work walking up to the shops even though I had all day to do it in. That’s the trouble with not being fit. Monsieur de P walks miles every day I struggle to walk one mile a week.

• Heart

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
Better get ready for a lot more pre-stuff during advent and Christmas too. She wants it to be a private celebration with "only" family and thinks she can pull it off by narrating as usual. She's delusional, but hey, we already knew that. A lot of her true fans (and let's be fait, she has some...not as many as she would like us to believe, but still, some) will probably buy into it anyway and that's all she needs for now. Stephanie Jarvis has never worried much about the future.

Private???? Past Advent blogs rarely showed any one who didn’t want to be shown? What needs to be private? Truth be told she does not want to feature the gay Twink’s parents or The Argentinian’s family in anything filmed for the vlog.

• Heart

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Christmas cake in our house has changed to be a wreath of rocky Road (broken biscuit, rich tea not digestives, with crunchie bar bits, malteasers and marshmallows) it gets a white chocolate ganache to smooth it off and fondant icing made from melted marshmallows and icing sugar. If I don't hide it it never makes it to the 27th.

Hubby went to a Webber bbq evening at local garden centre the other evening, really impressed with whole menu cooked on bbq from leek and potato soup, pigs in blankets, turkey with trimmings and tarte tatin to finish.
One of my friends used to demonstrate the webber bbq's at a garden centre in Tauranga, NZ. She really enjoyed it. They are great little bbq's .

• Heart

Freesia54

VIP Member
Where to even begin... I'll attempt to give a short version. Correct me if I am wrong, Tattlers, as I might have it out of order. Marie Wiik arrived at the Chateau as volunteer, and was hosting "Goddess Workshops". When the B&B season ended, it was just Fanny and she left at the Shitoo- Fanny love-bombed her, and they became BFFs. Marie started faffing about with flowers, pretty much did whatever she wanted and left after a year to go to the UK. Like a bad penny, she returned but Fanny had a houseful of new vols, and was no longer F4F's #1. Initially, FRK and Herr Nuti were BFFs, but then something turned. Marie initially had a floristry studio in the stables (which is now Amaury's workshop), but then was moved to where the Ye Olde Squirrel Gift Shoppe now is- and then was moved back into the stables, which were pretty disgusting. She wanted to just do floristry, but had to earn her keep by cleaning and cooking dinner (which were half-hearted offerings of chicken and brown sauce), along with making floral arrangements. She had become sullen and dour, and refused to take part of CD and Cadeaux. She had some business cards made up (which she felt made her legit!), set up her own YT channel, and started a Buy Me a Coffee and a Patreon. She was grifted a van by her followers, and high-tailed it our of there, planning to return to pick up her brocante furniture eventually. She then went to florist school in Bath, wandered around aimlessly a bit couch-surfing and house/pet watching at other people's homes, and eventually made her way to Haworth (on invitation of Nicki), where the community rallied around her with support, and set up a small floral studio. Jill (a business owner) and Nicki (who treated Marie like a daughter) even bought her a ticket home to Norway for Christmas after FRK cried poor. After returning from Norway, Marie decided she was hell bent on getting out of Haworth. She grifted around to other Chateax, and Nicki even let her stay in her own cottage in France. After that, FRK went mute for months- no mention of Nicki, or why she even left Haworth. She turned up in the Spring, exclaiming she was going to be a chef on a superyacht so she could travel the world in the style she deserves- that did not pan out- once again, no explanation. She recently turned back up, once again begging for money and promising new floral content on Instagram. SMH. She just wants people to fund her lifestyle without having to actually earn it. I actually rooted for her success when she went to Haworth- she was literally handed the keys, but she burned that bridge.
Chicken and brown sauce.. :ROFLMAO: you forgot her trip to South Africa for 6 weeks where she went on Safari...no one knows how or who funded that trip or even why she went and then she came home to Norway & is now making tutorial wreath (wreet) you tube vlogs which incidentally she hates you tube but hey if she keeps it short with no narrative it's not so bad. So back to square 1.

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Good work exposing the whole summoned to parliament shenanigans. Why would the French parliament give a hoot about Fanny and her scheming? Answer: They wouldn't. She's a spin master for sure. One of these days she's going to spin herself into her own web of lies and deceit. 🕸 🕷 😵💫
Seeing as there is a link to her YouTube channel on their Facebook page may be her undoing. How long before the residents of Berry catch onto what she is really up to. 😂🍾💃🏻

Everyone! Stop the presses! There’s a Live from Doing It Ourselves scheduled for 3:30 pm Eastern Time (little less than 2 hours from now)! Michael’s gotta get these in before the end of the year so that 2022 isn’t a total waste! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to announce a live vlog.

View attachment 1762345
Perfect timing because I promised my son I would see up his torn work jacket tonight before he goes to work. At least this way I’m being productive while watching.

• Heart
  • Haha

C'est moi

VIP Member
I am hoping…that the plant hire company LOXAM is also in France. Otherwise this 15 ton cherry picker has come from the uk…surely not.
My French is not good enough to search to see if it is a possible to hire from this company near Jarvis!?
Yes, Loxam are in France. Usually a depot in most fair sized towns.

Quick google says that Loxam was founded in 1967 in... FRANCE

Last edited:
  • Wow

Tea with lemon

VIP Member
you know...here in The Netherlands we have a big issue about the invironment..farmers have to stop because there are too much pigs and cows.....its all about too much CO2 going up in the air...but...we have the formula one...with Max Verstappen..who makes 50 million a year...racing around for what??? having a huge CO2 outlet...nobody talks about that...no the cows are the problem....but farmers provide food.....the rulers of this world have gone mad...and it makes me furious that so many people are too stupid to understand that the foodproduction and energy are in serious problems......and all they think about is formula 1 and soccer... :eek: and how much they all enjoy it...totally nuts..
Small (poor) Croatia, with a population of 3.8 million, was second at the last World Cup.
That's when life in Croatia really stopped.
Welcome of the national team: circus.
I don't understand either, but that's how it is.
And I forgot about France in 1998. We were third then.
These are important things.
Who cares about the energy crisis when our hearts are warm. ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Lady Di

Off topic, but since you brought up The Positano Diaries, I have a question for you or anyone here that also watches. I love her vlog and never miss it!

I'm confused about what Carlo is doing, not that it's any of my business - LOL!!. When he left his decades-long job at the cemetery, both of them said that wherever he was working was not comfortable with them filming, so neither one of them would be revealing where it was that he was actually working or even what he was doing, although it sounded like it was a B&B or a hotel of some sort. I can't remember what gave me that impression. They would only say that it was a new direction for Carlo. Recently, I listened to a podcast by that couple who recently stayed with them, Jits Into the Sunset, because they interviewed Nicki and they said they would be talking about things Nicki had never discussed before (it was a fun interview, but I feel like I've heard it all before, except for the specifics of how she physically kicked her alcohol consumption/addiction, which they didn't spend a ton of time on in the interview). They talked about Carlo and it was as if he was always going to be "retired", with no other job. At one point, Nicki said that Carlo has mentioned recently that he doesn't know why he was worrying about what he'd be doing with all this time he now has, as he's busy all the time!

It just feels weird, mainly because I see the both of them as pretty up front and honest about everything.....and I don't know what the big deal would be about being honest in saying he was "retired" (no matter his age - the guy had worked at that cemetery since he was 14 years old and it was 365 days a year! He would deserve a break from that!!). What do you think about this?
Carlo was working at some job to learn more about the hospitality industry (I thought it was a hotel) and that place did not want him to film. Now I think he's moved into doing whatever he wants-- helping their neighbor harvest olives, clearing an old walking path between valleys, working in the garden, visiting/helping his parents, kayaking, etc. As I hear from a lot of retired folks, they get busy with a lot of volunteer and other activities and wish they had more time! I enjoy the PD vlog a lot.

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Y’all look what I found today! Yep I bought it. Should I send it to the Shitoo?
You have a good eye for the Dump decorative motifs I believe that they actually may have a lamp similar to this and it was in the background a video. Was it the one where they created the drinking corner at the Dump?

• Haha