Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
What!!!!
You don't know who Shane Warne is.
An Aussie cricketing icon.
A god to some.

A bogan to the end. (my opinion only)
He died this year in Thailand while 'on holiday' with his buddies after a visit from some 'laydees'.
The country nearly went into a state of national mourning.

At one point he was promoting Advanced Hair Studios when he was receiving treatment for hair loss.

Dick is now like a walking stomach.
If he doesn't do something about his gut, he will be in an early grave.
Mr. Strawbrit (like Shrek and Gay Bear Shrek Jr.) is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Sadly, almost the whole family except his older son seem to have weight issues - clearly from learned behaviour…. Food addiction and careless/reckless eating.

Reactions: 10

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
In previous years d’Arwhore the floor scrubber really talked up advent before advent. This year - nothing. There has hardly been mention of Christmas.
In fact, if December 1 would be first advent vlog why were we not told that during yesterday’s vlog???? Are there even going to be daily advent vlogs???? This just seems very, very strange this year. Is advent disappearing like all the gang of volunteers and workers? Clara, do spill the beans. What’s going on?

Reader's digest

VIP Member
Yes, speculation. More speculation, if they are a couple going home to Maria's family could be a problem. We will never know.
or they are just a too short time a couple. I wouldn't want attend a family Xmas event when I am in a relationship since only a couple of months.

Last edited:

M&MsMom

VIP Member
These are 2 very traditional Christmas cakes. The first by Mary Berry

then Delia Smith
Thank you for posting.....I like them both, but the Mary Berry one is good because it explains the marzipan and icing technique! I am making this! I think I may make it in two loaf pans, so I can do one with and without the icing and marzipan, though. I worry that the cake is already sweet enough and then to add the icing and marzipan, it may just put it over the top! But the cake is so pretty!

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Oh wow my husband is also a Christmas day baby! I try to make his birthday even more special for him because It always seems he gets overlooked with all the commotion of Christmas. (He gets a cheesecake)
I am going to have to try a British Christmas cake.. all we have here is a nasty ,nasty fruitcake which is very rare that anyone likes it…And that reminds me, Fanny has not said anything about her Christmas cake🧐
So interesting, all the different Christmas cake recipes and preferences.
This apparently is the classic, or one of the classic, British or English ones, per Jane Grigson's English Food, good enough to be used by the blogger professionally.

• Heart

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Amoury mentioned something in the ETRF recent vlog about working in the grand salon and finished after 5 months.( I have broken a bone in my fooot so have time but can I listen again 🤪]
I think Fanny has dismissed all paid staff. No one is going to be there as she has run out of funds.
Amoury is now the odd job man? Who know when she filmed Amoury and frightened the life out of him. Maybe September?
Nick is not in the woods?
Why did Dave the cleaner not do the floor or has he gone now no bnb.
And maybe she has had to say to Squirrel you will be a volunteer for a few months…..

No there was a comment from a viewer saying that a patron member was asking if she had received them. One of the 8000 unanswered emails and messages 🙄
Apologies.
I was being facetious.
Stephanie wouldn't know the first thing about colour blending tulips or any other plant for that matter.

• Haha
  • Heart

M&MsMom

VIP Member
@M&MsMom I have wondered the same thing about Carlo too ! Maybe youtube ad revenue etc is enough to keep them both ? He does seem to help his neighbours a lot, for instance harvesting olives, and he has cleared quite a long footpath on the mountainside recently too. Nicki mentioned the other day that he likes to be the one answering all of the comments on their channel . Paid work has not been mentioned has it ?
I think it also helped when they were no longer paying for their daughter's education in England. Even though it wasn't a traditional boarding school, they still had to pay for the boarding part! Maybe that has freed up their finances in a way they didn't expect. I'm not judging his not working - I retired early, too, a year after Covid. There had to have been some sort of job there for Carlo at first, because like I said in my original post, I just don't see them as people who don't tell the truth. Maybe he tried whatever it was and didn't like it? I'm sure the story will come out at some point.

Madame No

VIP Member
@Mrs Haversham
Another suggestion for interiors inspiration on Youtube is Quintessence hosted by Susanna Salk.
I also watch her vlogs. She doesn't put on airs and shows a variety of homes owned mostly by bonafide interior decorators from modern to very traditional.

• Heart

Yebo

VIP Member
No you are not the only person with a woodburner aversion, but for me it depends on their application.
In my opinion they do have their place, either as a stand alone or in a large inglenook.
But I do not like them in chateau fireplaces.

Carole and Adrian at Chateau la Ferte were kindly lent a woodturner for their grand salon by the Lacelle boys.
Luckily they came to their senses and realised how ugly inappropriate it looked and removed it.

Does anybody on Tattle know anything about Carole's background?
Does she have experience in decorative finishes?
I don't always like her choices but her care and attention to detail is superb.
And she could certainly show Stephanie a thing or two about how to hang wallpaper . . . correctly.
Adrian is no slacker either.

Edit: 'normal people with a chateau . . . do a huge spring clean after the winterseason'
Stephanie isn't normal.
I seem to remember that she was an interior designer

Albee

VIP Member
It seems Castle ten Berge comes thru
Emory’s family. (More info in their insta stories)
Wiki says they acquired it in the early 19th centuary. I’m assuming it’s through his as he is the one who runs their social media i think.

Which fashion house did she work for? Wasn't Balenciaga was it? Their website says 'closed for renovations'... when have they not been renovating??
She worked for Balmain

Attachments

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Stephainie dumped Micheal when he wasn't the flavour of the utube community and Tattle. Most likely thought he would be bad for the LLL Lalalande growth to be involved. Also may have benn some behind the scences between friends we will never know.

Well has it affected his number of subscriptions NO
His abscence has it affected his subscriptions NO
When he started his online prints were they popular YES
Are people still asking after Micheal all the time YES
Does he get positive accoldaes in comments YES

So his brother has the same subscription numbers as her, Micheal still has more subscriptions than them both.
The opportunity for more $$$ overcomes all with her. Billy even attached a link (WTF)

Yes she tried to replace mIcheal with Philip but no comparision and their hug plus groin walking say a lot
Wasn't there talk of her asking money from Michael for duty on his gifts sent to LieLande? Didn't he return to sender stuff people sent him at Gwen's place because he didn't want to pay duty on tat?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
65800AB3-B29F-415A-AD9A-D180E34BD088.png
Will the Chatelaine be featuring the Escape to the Nightmare crawl space/attic reno on her Grand Tour channel??? I don’t think she wants Fill-Up near Ashtray who might take him out to the piggerie for some fun. 🐷 Oink!

• Haha
  • Wow

vitanova

VIP Member
Amoury mentioned something in the ETRF recent vlog about working in the grand salon and finished after 5 months.( I have broken a bone in my fooot so have time but can I listen again 🤪]
I think Fanny has dismissed all paid staff. No one is going to be there as she has run out of funds.
Amoury is now the odd job man? Who know when she filmed Amoury and frightened the life out of him. Maybe September?
Nick is not in the woods?
Why did Dave the cleaner not do the floor or has he gone now no bnb.
And maybe she has had to say to Squirrel you will be a volunteer for a few months…..

No there was a comment from a viewer saying that a patron member was asking if she had received them. One of the 8000 unanswered emails and messages 🙄

if i saw right, maman isabel said someone with surname this or thijs sent them,