Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
@Clara Burnett, what do you think about this embarrassment of a vlog? Any tidbits from behind the scenes we should know about?
I am completely and utterly disgusted by it and truly think she went too far this time. She did not even know Ian, apart from the few times she came in the room with her pink camera when he was working for her. He told her he did not appreciate being filmed, she replied that it was part of the deal if he wanted to keep working for her. He stopped, but returned later on because he really needed the money, having just bought a new property and still in debt for another project that had gone bad. Stephanie Jarvis pretends to have been so close, yet she met Ian's fiancé for the first time at his funeral. That's how close she was. She even tried to film during the funeral, but was told off by several of Ian's friends.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 93

JackSpratt

VIP Member
Have just seen the title of the latest vlog and read here of the sad passing of Ian. Being here with my Mum who has stage 4 lung cancer and having nearly called for an ambulance Friday night when she was coughing and hardly able to catch her breath, I have this to say. Jarvis, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! You have zero compassion and zero morals.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

Jules100

VIP Member
One of the worst parts was showing a clip of them singing happy birthday to Ian and then putting the text on the bottom of the screen, “Little did we know this would be Ian’s last birthday”. Just terrible.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 69

Jules100

VIP Member
It was a lot. I think just the black screen with Ian’s name at the end would have been more appropriate. Instead, Stephanie threw in the decrepit chapel, whilst wearing a hard hat, omg. Then saying she made the video for Ian’s fiancé to remember him. If she really felt that way, she could have put some clips together just for her. Not cobbled into a tacky, warped timeline, memorial, jokey painting, Dan’s new chateau promo. Don’t forget Michael Potts starting off the sympathy donations… Stephanie is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

LoddyDah

I couldn’t even watch it. I got as far as the part where she was stuttering and stammering and pretending that she was so distraught she had to start her sentence over three times. All of that could have and should have been removed in editing but then that would’ve defeated the entire purpose. Truly sickening.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 62

Jules100

VIP Member
After realizing we weren’t going to get the brunt of the hurricane, my husband left this morning on a little trip that was planned in May, to go see Tyler Childers in concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado. Normally, I’d be happy to get a few days to myself, but it’s kind of scary with the bad storms we’ve started to get on the outskirts, especially whilst my house is still under construction. I wish he was here to handle anything big that might happen.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
dCqqUPkaLpeNlTIQ-NLtESPQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

numbereightyseven
16 minutes ago (edited)
The problem with a history of mild clickbait, like this channel, is that today I was led to wonder, between seeing the title and starting to watch - had a person passed away, or had a peacock or hedgehog died? There's no silver lining to clickbait. It cheapens the times that are of a serious nature. It had laid a foundation of sensationalism to me discovering what had actually happened.
Show less

tMdBES7OibSBiuM_yBB_v7Zg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
0 seconds ago
This whole vlog is not a proper commemoration for someone's life from the odious title--(something like remembering Ian would have been more appropriate) and the whole thing just about him and a link to the animal shelter charity of his choice. Filming outside the crematorium monetising a vlog and then showing what a jape they all had painting the tower. I am honestly appalled and shocked. Three takes showing Stephanie upset-if she was that choked and had some respect she would not have been filming at the poor mans funeral. Ian died on the 13.9.22 she wasn't too sad to go to Disney. I used to love this channel so much but it has become just a scripted license to print money. Please remove this vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Since we know these threads are monitored by inhabitants of the Shitoo.

Dear LaLande Brand Manager,
Perhaps the grotesqueness of using an employees death as click bait needs to be spelled out in PR terms from a PR & social media professional : it is tone deaf & insensitive to both the deceased family and to individuals who know a loved one or are they themselves dealing with cancer, to use Ian’s death as clickbait to generate ad revenue and Youtube views. By also, inappropriately dismissing his passing to get back to life as normal in the same video, many have considered this disrespectful to his passing as well as incredibly offensive.
As a thoughtful remediation, it would behoove you to remove the offending video. By doing so, it would demonstrate your remorse for causing his family or your viewers any unintentional pain. Separate the content. Do a proper video with testimonials & a thumbnail to celebrate Ian Hamilton, not Ian the Plasterer. Record an apology for being perceived as insensitive as the intro. This approach by righting a perceived wrong with an apology costs you nothing while going a long way to win back customers/viewers.
Warmly,
Twisted Cookie

P.S. These kinds of PR disasters are totally avoidable but often happen when you don’t have trained professionals running your brand. Phillip, please go back to school to get real PR & social media brand training. This video never should have happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Jules100

VIP Member
Just so disgusted. I won't even look at that vlog. I rarely watch her vlogs, but this one, there is no way I'm watching that, the thumbnail tells me all I need to know about her making everything, even someone's death, about her. So disgusting.
@Lady Rosalie and anyone else that hasn’t watched it yet, don’t. You will never get those 26 minutes and 59 seconds back. It’s just not worth it and you will feel better about human kind by just skipping this one.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 55

missartemis

My first clue about Fanny's tone deaf poor taste was the Christmas Eve episode a few years ago when she was partying with her friends with endless bottles of champagne and wine, expensive dresses, a ridiculously gluttonous buffet table, a huge Christmas tree full of expensive bling, in a huge French chateau and she cuts away to IJ and her husband handing out food bags to the homeless in south Africa for about 30 seconds then cuts back to her opulent guests partying...it made me sick to my stomach. This topped that episode for distasteful and offensive content. How easy it would be for her to use her platform to feature Ian as a person, separate from the chateau, his love of animals, his hard work, and his kind personality, and then ask for a donation to the animal shelter, END OF. Give his fiance a video of his film footage and leave it at that. She is hopeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Trengilly

VIP Member
She looks as though she's trying to keep a straight face.

Screenshot_20220925-210324_Chrome.jpg

This thumbnail is so beyond disrespectful. Ian's life is not to be reduced to a YouTube thumbnail. Yet again extremely poor taste and once again all bout Stephanie Jarvis. I haven't even watched the video. What is she thinking? Surely she could have titled it "In loving memory of Ian Hamilton" with a photo of Ian. His life being reduced to a plasterer at LieLande is deeply disrespectful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Stephanie Jarvis,

I may be quiet here but know I have not been quiet. Your days are numbered. Your "success" is fleeting.
I will be here to enjoy your fall. It is coming.

Sincerely,
KiKiGee

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Iolair

VIP Member
She's only sorry because now she's stuck for a plasterer. I don't think she has strong emotions for anyone.
Leaving in the repeats was just a ploy to make people think that she cares.
Snorts putting on a tie getting ready for Ian's funeral. The insincere look on his face. He just can't pull off sincerity or compassion. Not much of an actor is he. Discussing which car they were going in; why the fuck include that! Why even film it? An extremely brief look at Ian's life - all contrived to make her and her ugly chateau look good. But no personal remembrances from other chateau dwellers? Did no-one living there have a memory of Ian to share?

It was an ill conceived vlog. She could have done so much more in memory of Ian and she chose not to! The poached eggs got more attention. This says much about her that is truly disturbing. The only redeeming feature is that she didn't film monologues from her fucking bed.

Rest in peace Ian.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Thank you. This is helpful. We are just mapping out timelines. If, and its a big if, patrons were told that they were members of the Association, then there should have been an AGM before the wording was changed. I'm sure I don't have to ask this question, but I will:
Does anyone remember being notified of an Association AGM (Annual General Meeting) ?

Going through the legalities.
Is your name by any chance @Isabelle6541 ? If not, I’m sorry, but you should know that using words like ‘team’, ‘we are mapping out’ and ‘going through legalities’ leaves a rather sour taste in many of our mouths. Not saying your concerns aren’t legit, just that you need to be prepared to face a whole lot of negative scepticism. If you are legit, I’m an avid cheerleader, obviously.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Imperious Me

VIP Member
AH0gUeucCpjd56J2rByiqMLw=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Dan Ellis-Jones
1 hour ago

Have you got permission from Ian's family to post this? They will be in deep shock. My mother died suddenly in front of me when I was 16. If someone had put up something like this without asking I'd sue them. This isn't your grief to publish. You could have made a short video saying something after a suitable time and with permission.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Hello Tattlers! Had to check back in when I saw the latest travesty (s). When I saw Fanny's latest screen shot, I figured the box found a dead butterfly on her windowsill and she and the lalanders we're going to throw a hi-larious funeral party. She had an actual smirk on her face, so don't blame me for jumping to conclusions. Turns out it was a supposed friend/colleague who passed but why not turn it into a gross money-making venture for the Queen Box? Ugh. Disgusting.

Then there's Dan. I always liked Dan. I admired him taking on a simple cottage. That's doable/relatable. He seemed to have his head screwed on right. And now this. Funded by Patreon of course. These people have no shame.

I feel sorry for Bunbelina. I'm going through a dog end-of-life scenario, too. And it sucks. (But I didn't abandon my pup for a year, so there's that).

Anyway, nice to touch base and see some familiar (and some not so familiar) names. Tattle on!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Trengilly

VIP Member
I'm sure there is a lot more to Ian's story and life than just his plastering at Lieland but you'd never know that from her despicable flog would you. Shameless. Putting on an such act of grief when it's not actually about her 😡. And people are giving HER money in his name, WTAF??? I feel terrible for his fiancee having to deal with this. Truly sickening.

To be reduced to just Ian The Plasterer - no mention of his full name. No means to pass on condolences to his partner and his family.

This is a female who claims to have an English degree from Oxford and yet she chooses to handle the death of one of her contractors like this on an online platform. It wasn't remotely heartfelt and was a complete publicity stunt.

• Heart
  • Sick

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
Ian: There's not much I can say about the recent vlog that you all haven't already said. It was sad and disgusting. Ian deserved a stand alone In Memorium vlog with ad proceeds donated to Lisa and this month's Cadeaux going to Ian's charity. F you, Fanny for making it about yourself. Ugh, and don't get me started with the "left-in 3 takes to get through the scene" BS! I'm glad Ian's passing finally inspired them to get off their asses and paint the damn tower!

Amaury: Many of you already know what I recently went through so I was devastated to hear of Phoebe's passing. So sad! Amaury must be kicking himself for missing a year of her life.

Dan: The re-hashed Patreon vlog was a let-down. Friday he eluded to seeing clearing and cleaning up of the grounds in today's vlog - but we got nada!

Billy: Please have Ryan take the shuckin' and jivin' down a notch! He'll erode your brand like PJ has Fanny's (though she does a fantastic job of that herself!)

@Beau Monde Come back more often!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
I am not usually offended but tonight Fanny has gone too far.
Tattlers please think of Ian plastering the white clouds next time you have the sky to marvel at his work.
Thinking of all Ians family and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Trengilly

VIP Member
If Stephanie was truly grief stricken wouldn't she see fit to donate the funds from today's video, and any video featuring Ian Hamilton, to a charity fighting against the disease Ian sadly died from. What a great statement that would make! (And a PR coup for you, Fanny Four Flues). I also think her dreadful GAG channel should donate September's revenue to the same charity.

We had the new slave precariously hanging off a window ledge to edge in the paint. Your beloved "Ian the Plasterer" has died and you are taking careless risks with unpaid volunteer's life..... will she ever learn?

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 22.33.03.png

Outrageous to label a clip with this.

This was truly embarrassing to leave this in. Fanny Four Flue's grief is clearly so intense than she has to do 3 retakes to strike the right tone with her viewership. It's so tasteless and is beyond performative with her whimpering voice. Stephanie, Ian Hamilton's sad death is not about you. It is about him and his family's loss. And yet, you made is all about yourself once again. It deeply sickens me that you are profiteering from his death too.

Rest in Peace Ian Hamilton.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 46