The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

[IMG alt="tat life"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/307/307750.jpg?1659528008[/IMG]
tat life

Today at 11:11 AM
@Jules100 "I do hope the real life installation won’t take too long. I’d actually like it done before Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida."

So so sorry I am a tad late... I've heard real artisans take nearly a year or more to finish a major project like this...
However the installation is almost finally finished.
Please don't lean on the tiles too much as the grout needs time to dry...
Wishing you and the "15" a right 'ole knees up in the Tiki Hut.
Please enjoy a Miller Lite on me (in your new fancy glass of course) and I know your "light lunch" will be absolutely fabulous.
Thank you @Jules100 for the opportunity to volunteer work at your Southernmost Chateau!
As for me, I might just go on a little holiday...

jules100_tiled_tiki_hut_V6.jpg

Last edited: Today at 11:21 AM
Reactions:You, Kotare, HouseLebel and 73 others

I
Isabelle6541

Yesterday at 4:23 PM
Forcing ourselves to go to bed after wine and meeting a few new friends.I really wish I had a secret handshake with @Clara Burnett but sure hope to get a wink. Some locals really do talk smack about the farmhouse. It is actually pretty funny and not shocking at all.

One more thing - she did not promote this event because she did not want people to actually come. They made it difficult and did not communicate well at all. She is so conniving but we know that already. For now I will leave it at that.

Last edited: Yesterday at 4:30 PM
You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 70 others

[IMG alt="Jules100"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/192/192001.jpg?1659755379[/IMG]
Jules100
VIP Member

Yesterday at 2:09 PM
Just got home from a quick weekend in Key West. Guess what was waiting for me? Thanks Poshmark.
43C123AE-5584-4269-AC86-648DC81ABF2C.jpeg

Reactions:You, Ginginger, Shari Holloway and 65 others

---

Mod edit, if the thread title is "no thread title" / "too boring for a thread title" we tend to leave it blank. I know these no title titles always get a lot of votes but the joke has been done so many times. Report if there's an actual title to use. Thanks!
Thank you, @Le Baiseur, for learning on the spot. You've benefitted us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
1662554940088.png
1650625522113 (2).png
patron party (2).jpg

Patron, Maria K does not look happy and she has been there since last week. 👆

From 9/1/22 live chat...
Maria K I’m excited to be arriving at Lalande tomorrow!!@The chateau diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Maria K That’s fantastic! We’re so happy to see you again

She has visited before and had the opportunity to meet Philip Janssen's parents.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

7/5/21 live chat...
Maria K @Cara Winsor Hehir Just Aug. 5-9th (I probably won’t want to leave)

9/13/21 live chat...
Maria K @Philip Janssen I thoroughly enjoyed meeting your parents and visiting with your beautiful Mother! when I was at Lalande

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Looks like Andie is staying at the glamping place and not Lala.
Oops that was supposed to be a link to Andies Instagram story but it didn't work. Sorry I don't know how to save the photos. The glamping place looks nicer than Lala though.
Isn't the glamping site Dave the cleaners place? or am I getting confused with someone else?

Reactions: 12
So why serve that bordeaux wine if the only link is so loose to chateau verse (same name is all). Wouldn't a more locally produced wine earn her more brownie points with both locals and guests.
Chateau La Gorce wine is not the cheapest, e.g. 17/18E per bottle. There is no way that SJ was serving that at the party. Could have been a refill job! :devilish:

• Heart
  • Haha
And lets face it On Repeat...... she has TONS of cushions !!!! o_O

*sounds like you give a great party !!!! :)
Well the times that I entertain I take pleasure to have guests to my home and do my best to have a good time. We mostly entertain casually outside up here but I still go a little extra because they are my guests. Fanny just doesn't get manners or decorum, for all her fancy formal education she hasn't been taught the basics. That poo stained garage turnout just about sums up her whole ethos.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Reasonable effort 😂 ? She gets £33k a month from these people!!! She's had ages to prepare& she comes up with something which resembles a family party. Not a prestige event at a chateau.
Couldn't even clear the old doors from the dining area. Hard old seats, un-ironed table cloths, usual farmhouse cheap food, stingy cheeseboard.
These people have been conned by the snake oil saleswoman who is still getting away with it.
Sorry but this event is cheap & shoddy. If those people are stupid enough to be happy with this level of event then they deserve to be scammed IMO.
❤ Exactly this. Until they see the light, a fool and his money are easily parted.

One would hope these delusional people actually treat themselves and stay at a different chateau or even a B&B whilst they are in France. Afterwards, let them compare and I'd bet hands down, lieLande would come in last. Last for cleanliness, last for decor, last for renovations, last for lovely gardens, last for comfort, last for amenities, and last for hospitality.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Reminds me of the old Friends episode names!😜

Ed and Anna do own the chateau but not the winery.
Maybe the intention is to ply the patreons with enough wine to bring them a cheery glow and rose coloured spectacles. Alcohol and bubbling excitement makes for a paaaaarfect day, who cares if your bumb and legs go numb, you can always blame the alcohol. 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She looks real pissed!
I would be too on that wonky seat right near those old doors.
I bet she thought she would be at Fanny's table eating there???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Well I guess we know why all the repeat vlogs lately, it would have been a Herculean effort for that lot to organize an event like this, so surprised that Fanny isn’t monetizing at least with a montage vlog of the highlights maybe that’s to come later.
From what I understood in Sunday's vlog - no Patreon vlog tonight, update tomorrow for the world and it's wife! Why even be a patron?
Defo an upcoming montage situation and of course, SJ/PJ will need to spend hours editing beforehand so they will excuse themselves early from Thursday's Garden Party celebrations - that's if there is even "in reality" a Thursday celebration - who really knows!
TBH, they could edit on a daily basis if they were focused and professional enough. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
KiKiGee, post: 11616912, member: 216710
View attachment 1561541 View attachment 1561518 View attachment 1561519

From 9/1/22 live chat...
Maria K I’m excited to be arriving at Lalande tomorrow!!@The chateau diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Maria K That’s fantastic! We’re so happy to see you again

She has visited before and had the opportunity to meet Philip Janssen's parents.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was charged a premium for her stay unless she is a volunteer slave and has been love bombed. Well well, what a crappy event this turned out to be from as seen on tv. Not a marquee? fake promises as usual and mismatched tables and chairs set up in the peacock poo garage. Id be pissed as a patreon to be treated like that feed like a pig in a garage with cheap as pastry pie and bit of cheese and cheap plonk to boot.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I expect the system they installed was undersized to start. Add to that cheap, low end components and a worn out system that is 17 years old. The radiators themselves were failing so you now have heating that needs almost total replacement.
Yes, she has touched on how they have to measure rooms and BTUs (?) -- ie., units of heat required to heat room -- to insure the system radiates sufficient heat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Dress as worn by Ivanka Trump. Although when she wore it she appears to have fashioned some sort of modesty attachment to the neckline for her trip to India. "The first daughter drew criticism for donning a $3,500 dress covered with Oriental-style flowers by British label Erdem and two outfits by American designer Tory Burch that recalled Indian embroidery and patterns"
"The fact she departed from her usual style of dress to styles that were more covered up should be considered as an attempt to be respectful"

My, my .. Ms Fanny does have delusions of grandeur doesn't she.
The way Ivanka wore it is how it was originally produced as per the original sale listing. Either the previous owner or Fanny removed that segment and the trim to show off her…em…assets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Well the times that I entertain I take pleasure to have guests to my home and do my best to have a good time. We mostly entertain casually outside up here but I still go a little extra because they are my guests. Fanny just doesn't get manners or decorum, for all her fancy formal education she hasn't been taught the basics. That poo stained garage turnout just about sums up her whole ethos.
Old Mummy and her daughter are the meanest people who only think of the $$ they are saving for themselves.

It seems like they have forgotten that these stupid people are paying for their lovely lifestyle.

I wonder , when it gets dark does Squirrel roll out the projector and they show slides of all the Beautiful $$$ holiday spots they have taken on Other Peoples Money??

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Peter and Anna from It's A Wonderful Life went there for a live music evening in their latest vlog. It looked fun but I find their renovations really ugly.
I was rather surprised that Anna and Peter didn't make themselves known to them as both couples have appeared on CDIY and, live so near. Well, if they did, they didn't film it!
They could only have stayed for an hour or so for a drink because Anna and Peter then went onto somewhere else later that night that was far more exciting/entertaining.

Reactions: 6
Yes, she has touched on how they have to measure rooms and BTUs (?) -- ie., units of heat required to heat room -- to insure the system radiates sufficient heat.
And we all know even if she were to spend the money to put in a proper system (HA!) she’s far too cheap to pay for the fuel to operate it!

On Repeat, post: 11615141, member: 339910
Pekey- are the Graphtreon numbers in US$ dollars? If so $34318 per month is $51008Aust! For that amount of moolah you would think she could have served champagne, better food and moved stuff around in the entrance hall to accommodate her guests. Those tables could easily have been put inside- there weren't a lot of guests. I didn't think is was rustic at all, I thought it was rude. It was a summer party not a bbq in the garage- I am surprised she didn't serve Bunnings sausages in white bread and tomato sauce!
Edit- Princess we pressed go at the same time!

at least there'd be a Weiner on the barbecue that's not tucked or ducked. my husband caught me watching fanny and said oh she looks classy I nearly gagged

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I guess a lot of us are pleasantly surprised that the first day seems to have been pulled off. It just goes to show what a low bar we apply to her efforts. They probably chose the old garage in case of rain. They could provide cover without bringing everything inside and accommodating the “guests” inside. Wouldn’t want the riff raff in the inner sanctum.
Someone mentioned the state of the silver platter chosen to serve the cheese. I guess Mary Poppins didn’t get that one to polish. Marble or wood would have a better choice. At the end of the day I did think the food looked a lot better than a lot of ones we have seen. I really thought that some disaster was going to prevent the event from happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.