Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
SJ needs to watch a few episodes of Hotel Inspector. Either with Alex Polizzi or Ruth Watson. Her stupid chat with IJ about getting antique furniture for rooms rather than having a corporate image. It's a million miles from a corporate image she is currently portraying.
I'm catching up as I lie on a lovely beach on Ile du re in beautiful sunshine.
Alex and Ruth are both women after my own heart - as your user name suggests too - kick ass when required and, ultimately just get the job done - no lies or lame excuses! Enjoy your holiday. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 3

NoIAmNotAHorse

Chatty Member
Mmmmm Ossau Iraty cheese, love it but it's a bit pricey. Love a good lentil salad too, what she did looked revoulting. Around my way the melons seem to be coming to an end. I'm also surprised they don't do Moules Mariniéres, so easy.

I wasn't a fan to begin with but I've warmed to them. They are working really hard to get things done and the attention to detail in the decorating is brilliant, not a colouring pen in sight.

Felt a bit sorry for Chloe last night. All of them in the kitchen taking the piss out of how she spoke and what she'd got at Emmaus. Like Fanny and Fart Face can't talk at all the shite they've loaded the place up with. I'd have like to have told Kat to fuck off too, what exactly does she bring to the table? Not much IMO.
A big appetite

Reactions: 2

Yebo

VIP Member

It remains here 👆 and 👇.
Posted May 29, 2022

I was both a YouTube follower and patron of the Chateau before traveling to France to stay there. I'm not anymore. I was treated like an inconvenience and an interloper. All I can say is DON'T GO. The volunteers were not paid to run the place so they had no reason to be accommodating and in some cases, they were outright rude. There was no heat in October and I was freezing - there is not a hot water bottle in existence that can keep you warm enough. They did not answer their landline and did not respond to WhatsApp when I needed important information. There was a skeleton staff of 2 people for the first 3 days of my visit so I was essentially alone in the gigantic edifice. It was eerily quiet and desolate. I was not greeted warmly but rather was grilled about my Pass Sanitaire - which I luckily secured before leaving the US. If I hadn't gotten one I would not have been able to stay there and they didn't even tell me I needed one. I was never thanked or acknowledged for my patronage and I was there for 8 days! The owner did not even take the time to talk to me for more than a few minutes much less make me feel welcome. And it needs to be said that the building is in dire need of basic repairs - It is much more "grubby" and run down then I was lead to believe and there is no safety compliance. The money being donated through Patreon is not being used to renovate but rather to decorate. There were no shutters on the windows of my apartment, no locks on the apartment door, and the cement spiral stairs had no railing. No one offered to help me get my luggage up the stairs and I am elderly and arthritic. I was basically ignored. The whole experience was a bitter disappointment. I know there are many others who have had the same experience and have not posted here but I wish they would. If you want to have an experience like the guests you see on YouTube you will be taking your chances - Don't say you weren't warned.
Sorry I must be incredibly dumb. Did you post this on TripAdvisor? I didn't see it.

Reactions: 1