The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Salads? Tell me what you eat in salads. It's a whole universe. How do you cook the seafood?
Otherwise, impeccable seafood and luscious wine and King Island cream stuff. Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh....
Is this seafood industry cookbook a fair representation? Foreword by a Japanese chef, suggests interesting Asian fusion stuff? Confit of abalone sounds delicious but maybe a little too high end for the fish shack.
Personally I like to grill crayfish <lobster> or make a mornay sauce and bake it. Salads are whatever is fresh and in season.
Tetsuya is an amazing chef but I have not eaten in his restaurant sadly. Special occasion type. That cookbook is a perfect example of what is available in the oceans around us and the lakes inland. Also farm grown salmon is a major export but recently has had some bad press due to the damage to environment as pens are licensed to be in some of the pristine bays and inlets. Not too sure they will still be around in a few years but Tassal was sold recently to a Canadian company I believe for over AUD$1billion. Not bad for a small family outfit started in 1986 I think.
Abalone is something I have never tried to cook but my nephew dives and if we are lucky we may get some at Xmas and he prepares it over a bbq. Most of the catch is exported to Asia for huge amounts of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wowser he is a sad twit. He looks a bit like someone who should be doing an Elton John Tribute act on Brittany Ferry crossings
I think he may well be sad now that he's realised he's been conned. I prefer the word victim to twit.
I think he thought he'd met his transatlantic B&B soul mate. Both with overblown design styles, both OTT, both LOVING their properties so much...& then he went to La Lande & saw that actually they only thing they have in common is a dreadful taste in decorating styles. He's got 191 mainly good reviews on Expedia rated as 4.5 out of 5 & 'wonderful'. Most telling of all is he gets 4.7 out of 5 for cleanliness. I doubt Fanny would get anywhere near that if she ever ventured into Expedia territory.
I wonder if he's cancelled his Patreon subscription after Fanny dodging him. I truly hope he's seen the light in how badly he's been conned for her. At least he worked to buy his property & seems to genuinely love it - unlike Fanny.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32425-d119550-Reviews-The_Historic_American_River_Inn-Georgetown_California.html#REVIEWS

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So what happened that Fanny doesn't wear pants or jeans any more. She has a cute figure and it would make so much more sense, up and down ladders and in the garden and on the digger etc. to be wearing pants. Something must have been said--- or does she only wear pants when she is in a female/ female relationship? anyone know?
wearing jeans makes her look at least 10 years younger - might be too young for squirrels preferences
Stephanie might like wearing leggings. Athleisure is very in right now. I took the liberty of creating bespoke leggings for Steph. This was my first attempt, the pattern placement might be a little off or it could be perfect, I’m not sure. I hope she likes them.❤
BC4378B3-D180-4041-B298-6097417897DD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Personally I like to grill crayfish <lobster> or make a mornay sauce and bake it. Salads are whatever is fresh and in season.
Tetsuya is an amazing chef but I have not eaten in his restaurant sadly. Special occasion type. That cookbook is a perfect example of what is available in the oceans around us and the lakes inland. Also farm grown salmon is a major export but recently has had some bad press due to the damage to environment as pens are licensed to be in some of the pristine bays and inlets. Not too sure they will still be around in a few years but Tassal was sold recently to a Canadian company I believe for over AUD$1billion. Not bad for a small family outfit started in 1986 I think.
Abalone is something I have never tried to cook but my nephew dives and if we are lucky we may get some at Xmas and he prepares it over a bbq. Most of the catch is exported to Asia for huge amounts of money.
OK, now, barbecued abalone, grilled lobster sounds perfect. Mornay, yum.
When you say salads, fresh and in season, this says to me, a Western person, raw, uncooked lettuces and salad veg? Asian greens? Do you use olive oil vinaigrette or swing more Asian/Polynesian fusion (thinking of Hawaiian poke bowls, so interesting). And, like, surfer food -- just reading a menu (as one does) for a seaside restaurant in a port town for "surfer's rice", which was basically a gigantic Asian fried rice with veg, egg -- and Spam, a now-traditional Hawaiian ingredient for everything from sushi to spaghetti.
Composed salads (cooked cool veg) are a big deal in trad Euro cooking. Larousse Gastronomique has 8 pp of tiny print on salads, from Ali-Baba (sweet potato, zucchini, shrimp in herb mayo, garnished with nasturtium) to Watercress (ditto mixed with potato salad).
You're saying not so much, down under?
Too many questions, so sorry. Can you recommend a cookbook or a chef? With thanks. So curious. Again, not to derail but to honor y'alls' contribution to making this forum international, much appreciated.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That looks good
Orphan Black is an amazing series. I really recommend it.

Stephanie might like wearing leggings. Athleisure is very in right now. I took the liberty of creating bespoke leggings for Steph. This was my first attempt, the pattern placement might be a little off or it could be perfect, I’m not sure. I hope she likes them.❤
View attachment 1542972
Is it possible to have that printed on the behind? Minnie calls him the anus faced child, so it would be wonderful to give her such a present, LOL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yeah, it's brutal. I take them to the vet to get their claws trimmed after a couple attempts. It's embarrassing, really, because every time, I have to endure a "tutorial" about how to do it or how to train them to enjoy it. They're 7 years old......it's not like it's ever going to get any better than it is right now! I blame my husband, who has no willpower when it comes to having the upper hand with them, especially with the tortie, who is the love of his life (next to me, of course!). That tortie is willful and bossy and has him wrapped around her sword-like claws!

Pets....can't live with them, can't live without them!
This might be the weirdest thing you hear all day (and way off topic). But this is what I purchase for our orphan tortie. She will not let me cut her nails, will not use a scraching post, and she is so traumatized by a car ride and the vet I was willing to try anything.
We only fasten a couple of strips on the bottom of her box, but it does the trick. As she covers up her "business" she files her nails. They peel right off and last about a month or so without odor. Works perfectly.
1661957053849.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ll
Yeah, but why isn't he all over the chats??
He's been MIA, for a couple of weeks...
I most recently saw him in the live chats for the Sugartits and Gobbler show. Maybe he'll make an appearance during today's episode?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Even with 15 kids that is still crazy. I’m sure you picked some great stuff - it sounds like you really are a good and thoughtful teacher! If someone would create a platform like Patreon for teachers it would be a great idea.

They had an article on our news here recently that people could purchase a backpack for kids who couldn’t afford their school supplies for Back To School. The backpack had all of their supplies in it and it was $36. I don’t remember the statistics exactly but I want to say it was around 30% of kids couldn’t afford their supplies. I’m going to go look for that link tomorrow and make sure I buy one. Hopefully, I’m not too late. That story made me sad because I remember going shopping for my back to school supplies, and how excited I was to pick cute pens, pencils, folders, etc.

Good luck with your class this year! 😊
I am a retired teacher and can't tell you how much of my own money was spent on my classroom. We were given a stipend that barely covered supplies. I taught at a Title 1 school, which means that at least 2/3 of the student population qualifies for free lunch, in other words, they come from poor families. In the district that I worked in, which was in Silicon Valley, the individual schools had to create their own classroom supply budget. Many people are shocked to learn that there are schools in one of the wealthiest regions in the world that struggle with poverty. A couple of schools in my district had a wealthy population, those teachers got 2-3 times the amount of money for their classrooms from parent donations. There are platforms out there for teachers to raise money. The teachers at my school did a lot of their own fundraising. It was never anything I thought I would have to do as a public school teacher. I found in appaling! I learned to be more creative with supplies so that I didn't have to spend my own money. It is illegal for public schools to require parents to send supplies with their child for school. If you feel so inclined, donate money, not supplies unless you absolutely know exactly what is needed, to any public school. It will be greatly appreciated! Better yet, if you have the time and inclination, volunteer to tutor one-on-one in reading, writing and/or math. So many students need individual attention, it can make the biggest difference!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1542972
Is it possible to have that printed on the behind? Minnie calls him the anus faced child, so it would be wonderful to give her such a present, LOL!
Everything is possible. These are actually my Zazzle store’s biggest seller, cha-ching!
2066202C-8E02-4B47-8EF2-E1DB496B0B3A.jpeg

D2169DDA-CEA7-42CC-BB95-2103B85EA1EB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

It remains here 👆 and 👇.
Posted May 29, 2022

I was both a YouTube follower and patron of the Chateau before traveling to France to stay there. I'm not anymore. I was treated like an inconvenience and an interloper. All I can say is DON'T GO. The volunteers were not paid to run the place so they had no reason to be accommodating and in some cases, they were outright rude. There was no heat in October and I was freezing - there is not a hot water bottle in existence that can keep you warm enough. They did not answer their landline and did not respond to WhatsApp when I needed important information. There was a skeleton staff of 2 people for the first 3 days of my visit so I was essentially alone in the gigantic edifice. It was eerily quiet and desolate. I was not greeted warmly but rather was grilled about my Pass Sanitaire - which I luckily secured before leaving the US. If I hadn't gotten one I would not have been able to stay there and they didn't even tell me I needed one. I was never thanked or acknowledged for my patronage and I was there for 8 days! The owner did not even take the time to talk to me for more than a few minutes much less make me feel welcome. And it needs to be said that the building is in dire need of basic repairs - It is much more "grubby" and run down then I was lead to believe and there is no safety compliance. The money being donated through Patreon is not being used to renovate but rather to decorate. There were no shutters on the windows of my apartment, no locks on the apartment door, and the cement spiral stairs had no railing. No one offered to help me get my luggage up the stairs and I am elderly and arthritic. I was basically ignored. The whole experience was a bitter disappointment. I know there are many others who have had the same experience and have not posted here but I wish they would. If you want to have an experience like the guests you see on YouTube you will be taking your chances - Don't say you weren't warned.
Sorry I must be incredibly dumb. Did you post this on TripAdvisor? I didn't see it.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 1542972
Guuuurl!!! I just spit pumpkin spice across Starbucks because of you!!! Jules you have outdone yourself with this fantastic merchandising opportunity for superfans of Lalande and PhiPhi!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Even with 15 kids that is still crazy. I’m sure you picked some great stuff - it sounds like you really are a good and thoughtful teacher! If someone would create a platform like Patreon for teachers it would be a great idea.

They had an article on our news here recently that people could purchase a backpack for kids who couldn’t afford their school supplies for Back To School. The backpack had all of their supplies in it and it was $36. I don’t remember the statistics exactly but I want to say it was around 30% of kids couldn’t afford their supplies. I’m going to go look for that link tomorrow and make sure I buy one. Hopefully, I’m not too late. That story made me sad because I remember going shopping for my back to school supplies, and how excited I was to pick cute pens, pencils, folders, etc.

Good luck with your class this year! 😊
I am a retired teacher and can't tell you how much of my own money was spent on my classroom. We were given a stipend that barely covered supplies. I taught at a Title 1 school, which means that at least 2/3 of the student population qualifies for free lunch, in other words, they come from poor families. In the district that I worked in, which was in Silicon Valley, the individual schools had to create their own classroom supply budget. Many people are shocked to learn that there are schools in one of the wealthiest regions in the world that struggle with poverty. A couple of schools in my district had a wealthy population, those teachers got 2-3 times the amount of money for their classrooms from parent donations. There are platforms out there for teachers to raise money. The teachers at my school did a lot of their own fundraising. It was never anything I thought I would have to do as a public school teacher. I found in appaling! I learned to be more creative with supplies so that I didn't have to spend my own money. It is illegal for public schools to require parents to send supplies with their child for school. If you feel so inclined, donate money, not supplies unless you absolutely know exactly what is needed, to any public school. It will be greatly appreciated! Better yet, if you have the time and inclination, volunteer to tutor one-on-one in reading, writing and/or math. So many students need individual attention, it can make the biggest difference!
Re TripAdvisor. It appears that the fake reviews have been removed. Does anyone know whether the chapel has been cordoned off with warning signs that it is dangerous?
Likewise, is the Grand Salon sealed off with the relevant warning signs?
Yellow warning tape is too ugly and would ruin the charm and beauty of the chapel and Minor Salon, plus there's nothing dangerous about these situations, just ask Phyllis the engineer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry I must be incredibly dumb. Did you post this on TripAdvisor? I didn't see it.
This was posted by a former patreon who visited the shittoo and had a bad time. It was removed from trip advisor when Fanny jumped up and down about it. She posts on here as @missartemis You should go back through the threads to see what she has said. Interesting reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think he may well be sad now that he's realised he's been conned. I prefer the word victim to twit.
I think he thought he'd met his transatlantic B&B soul mate. Both with overblown design styles, both OTT, both LOVING their properties so much...& then he went to La Lande & saw that actually they only thing they have in common is a dreadful taste in decorating styles. He's got 191 mainly good reviews on Expedia rated as 4.5 out of 5 & 'wonderful'. Most telling of all is he gets 4.7 out of 5 for cleanliness. I doubt Fanny would get anywhere near that if she ever ventured into Expedia territory.
I wonder if he's cancelled his Patreon subscription after Fanny dodging him. I truly hope he's seen the light in how badly he's been conned for her. At least he worked to buy his property & seems to genuinely love it - unlike Fanny.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R..._River_Inn-Georgetown_California.html#REVIEWS
I'm with you on this. I don't dislike him as much as I am annoyed by his constant "I sold $10,000 worth of art today" comments on the live chats to people who are interested in only being seen by Stephanie. I forget which one - the person Jetje Goes Dutch? - but one of them is in a bad state financially, and I just think things like how much you make, how much you spent are best kept to yourself in all situations, but especially things like this, where there are people way less fortunate. It felt very much like he was bragging to Stephanie, yet everyone saw it and it was gross. I see in Jason someone who desperately wants approval and he has so much to be proud of in his life. Like you said, he saw Stephanie as someone who was his equal and the truth is, he's way better than Stephanie will ever be. The whole thing makes me sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Everything is possible. These are actually my Zazzle store’s biggest seller, cha-ching!
View attachment 1543065
View attachment 1543066
phelllep they just parrrrfact for the la la land store after a quick kabab i am sure everyone will want a momentum of their visit. do we get a free upgrade or discount for the usage of the image and because youre a world famous expert actor,designer etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
[/URL]

It remains here 👆 and 👇.
Posted May 29, 2022

I was both a YouTube follower and patron of the Chateau before traveling to France to stay there. I'm not anymore. I was treated like an inconvenience and an interloper. All I can say is DON'T GO.
I've been looking in the wrong place for the review. I thought it was on Trip Advisor & couldn't find it. Never heard of Trip.com. I always use Expedia to be honest for reviews.
This was posted by a former patreon who visited the shittoo and had a bad time. It was removed from trip advisor when Fanny jumped up and down about it. She posts on here as @missartemis You should go back through the threads to see what she has said. Interesting reading.
I think it was on Trip.com. I think that's more a US site?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.