The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mmmmm Ossau Iraty cheese, love it but it's a bit pricey. Love a good lentil salad too, what she did looked revoulting. Around my way the melons seem to be coming to an end. I'm also surprised they don't do Moules Mariniéres, so easy.

I wasn't a fan to begin with but I've warmed to them. They are working really hard to get things done and the attention to detail in the decorating is brilliant, not a colouring pen in sight.

Felt a bit sorry for Chloe last night. All of them in the kitchen taking the piss out of how she spoke and what she'd got at Emmaus. Like Fanny and Fart Face can't talk at all the shite they've loaded the place up with. I'd have like to have told Kat to duck off too, what exactly does she bring to the table? Not much IMO.
A big appetite

Reactions: 2
It looks to me like the 25-year-old has changed up the project cover-up bald spot routine. Instead of using shoe polish, he looks to be gluing on some kind of hairpiece. It's shorter, curlier, and a different color from the rest of his hair.

Had to laugh at Steph and her "date night" outing. Probably code for removing phil's from her mother for a while date.
If Fanny was with Potts for ten years, married for a couple of years, and stuck at the dump alone for a great while, it doesn’t sound like she’s had many actual boyfriends. Or rather boyfriends who were within a few hundred or thousand miles most of the time. I think she held self admitted to playing world of Warcraft all day for a couple years as well.

So PhiPhi might be the third serious co-habitation relationship she’s had. So she’s probably thrilled with that, even though he’s a wiener.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Fanny! When did the hurt begin? What point in life you decide that ethics had no room in your world? Why do you think it is ok to take advantage of vulnerable? Was it taught to you at your parents business?

Reactions: 17
View attachment 1536827
Episode number whatever, 'mummy off to deposit the patreon funds into the cayman Islands account'
Hilarious- thanks 😊

Looking behind the old bat is the grandeur of Chateau de LaLaLand, covered in centuries of dirt, soot, pollution and peacock tit. There also seems to be sheets of cardboard on the ground and no grass, not even weeds! Oh that’s right. Mummy outstared them.

Wouldn’t we all be so proud to own such a spectacularly filthy old dump!

I was stupidly thinking that someone (Amaury or old Perce) could power wash it, but then I realised the render would all simply fall right off! I’d only be concerned about the chunks hitting animals ♥

Reactions: 11
Me neither. Some of us know some things. None of us know everything. I'll go and Google.
Google doesn't provide and answer.
So have you ever heard of the Tassie Devil? The one that became a cartoon character?
There is a really angry little critter that lives in Tasmania and has really sharp teeth and strong jaws for chewing up it's prey, usually roadkill. Look out Marie!
Sadly Tasmanian Devils are on the endangered animal list due to a contagious facial cancer that has decimated the population.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1541334Dana's newest cooking vlog. She is a hot mess-- tasting food with same spoon she is cooking with, flies everywhere, tassles from her dress in the food, straggly hair .. no way would I eat any of that.
Nothing that woman makes has any relevance to cooking. Her preference for overly pre-processed food disqualifies her from ever calling herself a cook. I have said it before and will say it again and again: I have tasted her "food" and will not ever be so brave again. Yuk!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm really quite astonished in some people not knowing what Tasmania is.
I'm even more astonished to find out that Google doesn't know what Tasmania is. 🤣
My Google search produces 236 million results for Tasmania (Note to Tassie: please do better 😍).
(And 3.9 million for Tasmanian Jelly - though admittedly this does include jelly fish 😆 - and 247 thousand for bush jelly jam).

But of course Fanny was trying to say she didn't know what Tasmania Jelly is, but it came out as "I don't know what Tasmania is"...
Thereby making her look even more of a stupid fool than ever.

So anyway, Tasmanian Jelly is like quince jam, but usually made with pollen from the flowering gum nuts of the Australian lemon myrtle eucalyptus tree and often referred to as "Bush Jelly". It's highly recommended and quite divine. It has subtle lemon flavour, a little spicey, that's lovely on scones and cakes with Australian King Island Cream, a cream so heavenly that it's the preferred cream served at Windsor Castle).
Damn, now I want some King Island Cream. Luckily I just have to pop down to the corner shop to get some! It's so thick and yummy. Goes well with my apple crumble too. Actually prefer it to clotted cream in UK. Might have something to do with the grass the cows eat on King Island.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wondered how old Perce got that plane there. Does anyone know is they disassemble?

A tiny tirade. One of the things a chateau does is support local farmers. There's somebody there in Crozon sur Vauvre who has four goats and a gallon of goat milk to use every day. One's duty as a chatelain is to buy cheese from that person every day. Help them expand into six goats, another hectaire, hard cheese, and yogurt for the house. Pay for apprenticeship to goat cheese guy. Possibly graze the brambles and restore my little mill as a cheese atelier and water-cooled cheese ripening storage. Jarvis could do all that with one month's Patreon income. A life long relationship. 🤡 But Jarvis is a kleptocrat, bad for France, as the whole chapel restorer saga once again demonstrates.
Guillerme - goat cheese man

Reactions: 4
Château lalande trip advisor - 4.7 stars.

I looked on trip advisor and there are ratings there from people who admit that they have never been or stayed. Mmm I thought that you have to stay at the place to give a review. If you don't have to I'll be reviewing the joint later today or tomorrow. It won't be pretty lol. I'll base my review on comments on here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Damn, now I want some King Island Cream. Luckily I just have to pop down to the corner shop to get some! It's so thick and yummy. Goes well with my apple crumble too. Actually prefer it to clotted cream in UK. Might have something to do with the grass the cows eat on King Island.

King Island Dairy: what dreamy products!!! When I lived in Sydney, my younger sister who also lived there had bought two lots of King Island Cream that were mouldy. So she wrote to them, letting them know what had happened and where she had bought it. We got a HUGE crate of their different cheeses with an apology! So we had a cheese party and everyone signed a thank you card which was sent to King Island Dairy.
A year or so later, with this still in my mind, after having bought 3 boxes of 'Crunchy Clusters' that was just like sand.........I wrote to the brand company. I got a voucher for $4.50 - replacement cost. Not quite the same. :sneaky: :oops:

• Heart
  • Haha
Someone asked about Jason Dubey, after checking his insta profile I saw actually nothing and no one from la Lande.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Yup, sad isn't it? Each year I get $200 of mad money to spend on my kids. To be fair (??) I only have 15 third and fourth graders this year.
I make a list of all my wants (this year I got up to $1,000) and I just started whittling down... I have already spent about $250 of my own money and will probably get up to $500 by the end of the year. I guess my out of pocket is kind of my own fault. I could make do. But I love my students and I want to give them the best ever experience I can for the short time I have them. I bought a ton of games and tools to help them with Math... But I also got them incentive rewards, art and gardening projects. I also got two games that help them with spelling...

I hope Steph-fanny uses her $500 wisely...

So yeah, now you know why teachers are such moochie scroungers!!!
Even with 15 kids that is still crazy. I’m sure you picked some great stuff - it sounds like you really are a good and thoughtful teacher! If someone would create a platform like Patreon for teachers it would be a great idea.

They had an article on our news here recently that people could purchase a backpack for kids who couldn’t afford their school supplies for Back To School. The backpack had all of their supplies in it and it was $36. I don’t remember the statistics exactly but I want to say it was around 30% of kids couldn’t afford their supplies. I’m going to go look for that link tomorrow and make sure I buy one. Hopefully, I’m not too late. That story made me sad because I remember going shopping for my back to school supplies, and how excited I was to pick cute pens, pencils, folders, etc.

Good luck with your class this year! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We've got friends coming to stay from the UK in a couple of weeks and she's paranoid about mossies and flys. She thinks as it will be September they'll be all gone. Haven't had the heart to tell here and they've got their own welcome pack of anti mossie stuff. She'll be a nightmare, arm flailing around all over the place. We have them all year round just a bit less in the Winter.
We have a friend, a young man son of our oldest friends, and he's an arm flailer. It isn't just mossies though. For him the worst thing is flies and doesn't understand that the more he flaps and the hotter he gets the more attracted the flies are. Sometimes I think he'll take off like a helicopter he flaps so much! It's amusing to watch for a while but then it just gets tiresome.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Château lalande trip advisor - 4.7 stars.

I looked on trip advisor and there are ratings there from people who admit that they have never been or stayed. Mmm I thought that you have to stay at the place to give a review. If you don't have to I'll be reviewing the joint later today or tomorrow. It won't be pretty lol. I'll base my review on comments on here.
Funny you brought that up because I saw that just the other day too! I reported each review as spam, or irrelevant. People were leaving 5 star reviews saying stuff like, “I watch your show and I’ve never been there but I’m sure it will be 5 stars!” I was bored and I don’t ever do stuff like that. It just made me so mad. I didn’t even know I could report a review. But I clicked on each fake review that stated that they had never been there and reported it as a fake review. Totally petty, and probably won’t make a difference. But I felt better. Lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Funny you brought that up because I saw that just the other day too! I reported each review as spam, or irrelevant. People were leaving 5 star reviews saying stuff like, “I watch your show and I’ve never been there but I’m sure it will be 5 stars!” I was bored. I don’t ever do stuff like that. But I clicked on each fake review that stated that they had never been there and reported it as a fake review.
Actually that's what we should all do. I'm going to investigate this further. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Queen was behind these fake reviews in it's role as social media manager. It's a scandal, manipulating trip advisor. IJ should get investigating before the Queen shreds any remnant of the château's already tattered reputation.

Reactions: 11
We have a friend, a young man son of our oldest friends, and he's an arm flailer. It isn't just mossies though. For him the worst thing is flies and doesn't understand that the more he flaps and the hotter he gets the more attracted the flies are. Sometimes I think he'll take off like a helicopter he flaps so much! It's amusing to watch for a while but then it just gets tiresome.
Do people in Europe use bug spray? The kind you spray on yourself? I can’t go outside without it for more than 5 minutes. The mosquitos eat me alive. I’m always seeing people in Europe in blogs complaining about being eaten by bugs and I’m always wondering why they don’t whip out the bug spray?

Edited to add: and whats up with all the wide open windows with no screens in France? Do they not have bugs? No to the hell no for me. Birds, bats, bugs, unh uh. Not in my house.

• Haha
What will he pay the bills and taxes with if he inherits? The YT and Patreon income depends on her star power, not his.
Looks like it is the norm to have a pre nup in France. I don't think she is broke- flat in London, what is left of Daddy's inheritance, the Patreon money she has stashed away. There may be tax liabilities but we all know how clever accountants can off set costs against income. His constant references to 'we, our' when talking about the chateau & its chattels all go unchallenged by Fanny thereby giving him proof on screen that what's hers is theirs. French law says 'marriage contract signed by the future spouses before the celebration of the union allows them to define in a precific way what will be the property relations of the spouses during the marriage, the fate of the property, the benefits conferred on the spouses.
If the spouses choose basic separation of property regime (régime de séparation de biens pure et simple)
Nothing is jointly owned. This matrimonial regime makes the difference between what each spouse owns. All property owned before or after the marriage remains the property of the owner, as are their wages or income from the property.
Each spouse manages his/her assets as he/she sees. An exception however exists for the residence of the couple: to sell it, it is necessary to obtain the agreement of both spouses even if the property belongs to only one.
In this system, the spouses therefore maintain full patrimonial independence. However, it is possible to include in this contract a clause for pooling certain goods, such as family housing.
If the spouses choose the universal community of assets

For universal community of assets ("communauté universelle"), all the assets owned by the spouses on the day of marriage, the assets they may subsequently acquire or own through inheritance, gifts or bequest, constitute one and the same commun mass.
The downside is that the joint-ownership pool will be definitively liable for any of the spouses’ present and future debts."

Am guessing Mummy will be down to the Mairie with the kids before even the sniff of a FRK wedding posy is being spoken about!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
And creamy wheels of King Island Brie-the best. I think it may have something to do with the pastures and the salty winds. Those of us from Tassie, now or originally, have been so fortunate to have the best quality fresh food, haven't we?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.