The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the expression of auntie Chantal is just like my mothers was...the hand next to the mouth fuddling with the fingers...when we were doing a project of which she had said before it wasnt going to work...it will never work..the doors..the height..Fan is quitting the floorpaneling because it makes the room look low...well my dear your farmhouse isnt taller..

Reactions: 23
Every time I see the word “Fanny” I assume we’re talking about SJ’s butt!
To complicate things even further in UK the alternative to Fanny can be 'front bum' just incase the front and the back need clarification

Probably going for the optical illusion effect.

Reactions: 4
I've too noticed how she calls her uncle.

She says the French word Tonton (name for uncle in families).

Problem is... she pronounced the name with a heavy English accent and it sounds like Tone Tone.

First I couldn't believe what I heard

Reactions: 19
So...for the year-end reveal, a bathroom and some board sorting. Such utter nonsense.
Do her donors understand what $30,000 plus looks like in one's bank account every month and what you can do with it (besides buying fancy trees)? Dear grannies, you know the Honda you make payments on for years and years to pay off? Your lovely couple receives the same amount every month in donations.

SJ blows through money as she does boyfriends.

Reactions: 35
I'd like a white back splash over that sink. Bonus would hide that nasty join. Wallpaper will start lifting with water splashes so better do that soon.

Confirmed Amaury's holiday is in Argentina.
If that exists I would prefer a transparent back splash.
But first of all I wouldn't have put wallpaper in a small room like that, would have choosen tiles behind the toilet and the basin.

Reactions: 17
It was Dan who brought the duck... Belongs to son number one or two

Reactions: 7
If that exists I would prefer a transparent back splash.
But first of all I wouldn't have put wallpaper in a small room like that, would have choosen tiles behind the toilet and the basin.
We have wallpaper (nothing so expensive as the cost would bring me out in hives) but have glass splash backs, local glazier does them at a reasonable price. Just realised my mistake there, the word local when considering HMN.

Reactions: 19
The BBQ is traditionally Potty’s thing on Boxing Day. And Dan is at Chateau, again? Is it not a public holiday in France?
No. The 26th of December is not a public holiday in France. People are back to work.

Correct. Alsace and Moselle have a specific "regime" (including about the secularism) due to their history ( being German for a part of their history).

Reactions: 10
I don't think the boys were responsible for the flooding this time... Dan had lockable handles on the 'studio' He did have plumbing installed but didn't set it up for use, it was plasterboarded over until such time if ever he decided he needed to use it... eg making hot drinks or whatever.. if the pipes he used weren't insulated and the temperature has dropped they may have burst.. but no doubt all will be revealed... the completion of his studio is a bit like Selmars Tango... 1 step forward 2 steps back. must be so frustating

in the loo? Selmar did them.
It sounds like Amoury had to re do a lot of the jobs that had previously been done.. eg change the plumbing fixtures etc... He kept saying, yes I had to change that.

It's on the Patreon video @MojoDublin posted... Can't remember if I said thanks for sharing these videos, they are appreciated... x edited as think it was @dumbblonde who posted..... apologies but always appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The idea of the downstairs loo +10
Implementation SUCKS

The back of the panelling does look rather ‘clean’
If I remember correctly, Armoire sanded and treated it. I could be wrong.

Reactions: 8
I was fortunate enough to do a study abroad semester in London while in college and when I returned to the States, I remember being told my use of the word "sorry" was sounding very British. I
When I lived abroad, I always felt the first word I needed to learn in a new language was "sorry". Most Brits even apologise when we haven't done anything wrong; when someone else bumps into us, we feel the need to say "Sorry"!!

Amaury had a break up, however didn't realize there was a child involved.
Someone said that was Amaury with one of his brother's children and it may have been his sister-in-law in the photo. His brother's first marriage broke up.

Reactions: 9
By now, she must be the only one that still believes her own lies. It's okay, SJ, we know you don't want Selmar to come back. We know he has fallen for another grifter and you don't want the both of them fishing in your pond. You can blame it on Covid, like you tend to do when it's in your favor, and pretend to be sad about it, but we know.

Reactions: 35
Not just a bit insulting! She really doesn't want him to come back and she's making sure he doesn't want to either. It's her personal style: wound people by praising them when they least deserve it.

Reactions: 26
Reactions: 16
You are not far off. From what I've heard, the aunt and uncle were there to pick out the spot for their apartment, as they will become part of the whole grifting enterprise. It's a true revival of the old glory days: the Jarvisses and the Richmonds in bed together to rip grannies from their hard earned cash.

Reactions: 50
As I have stated here before, I admire the Fleuries! Happy to read your support!

Reactions: 12
I've posted the picture here in the past ....
here it is ....
View attachment 949738
@Kickintheass
Dec 9, 2021

Amury's dogs must be feeling abandoned. He was to bring them to lala. What's happened?

@Kickintheass
Dec 21, 2021

I am worried for Amury's dogs. Now they have been abandoned by Auntie and Uncle. Meanwhile there are other dogs at Lala. Curtis's and Immuno girl. Future B and B guests will all expect to be able to bring their pets too.

Did he lose custody of the dogs, (he has two)??? Or, does he have visitation rights??? Maybe, his last trip was to visit the dogs???

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.