Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grampositive

Chatty Member
Someone posted on the AA group that they were confused about why in court it was said the family knew he wouldn't recover, and what had changed since last night.

Twas swiftly deleted.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

AladdinSane

VIP Member
I'm so confused... I keep seeing in articles that they want him to die a natural death as God intended... surely that means turning off the machines that are keeping him alive unnaturally???

It must be horrific to make these decisions but this poor boy is in the middle of this being denied a dignified end.

• Heart

Weeder

Chatty Member
Gallows humour, there's enough nurses on here that I won't be completely lambasted. The best thing about this thread is the participation of a member named @Lazarus .

It keeps making me laugh.

• Haha

TheOpposite

I’m judging Hollie but it certainly isn’t for her dodgy fashion or her ‘interesting‘ career choice. At the risk of moderating the thread, I think we avoid this type of attack on her. We all know what she’s done in the past and it’s the appeal we’re discussing, dignity for Archie, the nonsense of the Facebook pages, the go fund mes and where the money will end up etc but thrashing her for the sake of it is a bit 🙄

• Heart

kittenattack

VIP Member
Charlie Gard's parents are trying to get a change to the law.......... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Charlie-Gard-face-MPs-proposed-new-rules.html . They say that parents need to have "more control" over their child's medical care.
Cool. Our kids are our little dollies and we're entitled to do with them what we will. It's not as though they're individuals in their own right with the human rights that goes with such a status. Yeah, they're more like.....pets! That's it, pets. I mean, it's not as though any parents abuse or neglect their children is it? Kids don't need protection, what a stupid idea. My little dolly over whom I reign supreme 🙄🤢😱

You lose your right to play supreme leader as soon as the umbilical cord is cut. Our kids are not dollies, they're independent human beings.

• Heart

Mardymermaid

Chatty Member
So what if its vegative tells me that ib none of this is she actually thinking about whats best for Archie.

• Sad

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Why on Earth are people sending Archie gifts to the hospital? It’s not like the staff don’t have anything better to do Of course.

Im not being funny, but I would think this was very creepy if I saw this!
Creepy bunch of weirdos, aren't they? I wonder if they're like this with their own kids, or just with random ones they will never meet.

"I'm not very ofey with phone terms" 😂

Someone needs to compile these. "Archie's Army's Little Book of Spelling and Grammar."

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Its clear a lot of the DFA are now here, no discussion just who can be the most spiteful neither side who is out only to row is covered in glory, but at least its understandable why the family ( not the army) are fighting back, why anyone would feel the need to beat up on a family who's child is dead just because they don't accept it, is beyond my understanding.

Lets hope the court ends this soon then everyone can go back to their soaps
I don’t agree, the mother is creating a lot of this circus. She’s doing the rounds on tv, she’s banging on online about how the doctors are lying and trying to kill her son. Most parents whilst it would be the most devastating thing ever would trust and listen to and take guidance from medical professionals because funnily enough it’s not easy on them to have kids die either but it’s their job to do no harm, but not this lady why does she seem to think she is above medical professionals when she has 0 medical knowledge?

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lazarus

VIP Member
I'm sorry for what may be an incredibly insensitive question, but one can't help but wonder if this was in America or another country where healthcare was not free and insurance or payment was required, whether this would be continuing to the degree it is. Of course I'm not suggesting for a moment that this is a primary reason to end his support or continue with it, it just seems incredibly ungrateful to the experience and knowledge of the doctors and medical staff, but also the NHS who are currently practically on their knees. The amount of medical care given to this child will have cost hundreds upon hundreds of thousands. That in itself is not to say a life isn't worth it, but at what cost? The boy would never have any quality of life, i think it is futile to keep him going like this. If it were me, I would not wish to be kept alive under these circumstances and as I said in an earlier post, i wouldn't keep my dog alive.

I have been following Archie’s story for some time and was quite relieved when I came upon this thread as I thought maybe I was being too harsh.
As a mother, I cannot imagine what it must be like to loose your child. I often think that I would go mad if something was to happen to my children. I think this is exactly the case with Archie’s mum. She has become mentally unwell and is in complete denial that her child has died. The narrative that she has created is not that of a mentally sound person. The fact her story is constantly changing is proof of that.
I read today’s judgement and I thought the judge showed a lot of compassion to Archie’s family. I pray that any discussion of appealing is dismissed and Archie can rest in peace.

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I think that's how Jahi McMath ended up brain dead (high-profile American case similar to this one). She'd just had tonsil surgery, and her parents stupidly brought her a cheeseburger, which she then choked on. They had to suction the food out, which caused her wound to haemorrhage, leading to massive blood loss and brain death.

• Sad
  • Wow

Mardymermaid

Chatty Member
Shes a grieving mother and its horrific for them all but shes also incredibly selfish and needs to think about her son not herself now

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I think it’s astonishing that she honestly thinks she’s doing the right thing “would rather have 1% of Archie than none”
Clearly an energetic and athletic child, she would rather condemn him to a life of severe physical and mental disability on the off chance he did breathe on his own.
Sone things are worse than death.

• Heart
  • Sad

Mandarinklyfta

And Sue!

Sue Walker
I think there’s a lot more going on than has been told on this page. I have watched today’s appeal and it’s an eye opener. All legal work is being done pro bono, the family have accepted that Archie won’t recover and want him to have a natural death .. meaning letting Archie have a cardiac arrest rather than letting him go with respect and dignity. The Army needs to be told the truth. You can watch tomorrow’s hearing live on you tube, Court of Appeal, Court 75 at 10.30. It’s open to the public to hear the truth !
I’ve been following this from
The beginning and the truth is coming out. I’m all for doing what’s best for someone and holding on to hope but don’t lie to the very people you are asking for support from !
It’s obvious why Hollie didn’t want the court case to be public. Her manipulation and lies are finally being revealed to the Army.

veevee04

VIP Member
If Archie was one of my patients I'd make sure Id booked up a lot of annual leave and try to avoid his mother. You just know she treats the staff like shit I hope the staff receive counselling as I can't imagine being expected to turn, wash , give injections and feeds to a corpse. It's bloody barbaric.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I agree. Was that the lady that said my daughter loves Archie, she loves watching him fight and do gymnastics? It’s competitive performance parenting,whose child can love Archie the most. Creepy, creepy, creepy!
I've seen comments directly addressed to Hollie, in which they refer to him as "our Archie" 🙄

As soon as he passes, there'll be a clamour to be the first to post a pic of Archie walking into heaven, with his angel wings photoshopped on. Maybe even a composite photo of Charlie and Alfie welcoming Archie through the pearly gates. (sorry, I shouldn't give them ideas).

• Sick
  • Wow

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
Archie and his mum remind me of some of the kids I used to teach. I worked with kids who had fallen out of mainstream school a lot. The kid would have ADHD, perhaps learning diand their behaviour would be (unsurprisingly) unpredictable and volatile.

Their mums would love them deeply and fiercely but have absolutely no way to parent those kids. To have a child with ADHD means having a parent at the very top of their parenting game and parenting is really hard. Having a hands off approach and then being baffled why bellowing at your kid doesn’t stop them never works. Parent would retreat further away, leaving the kids confused.

archie and his mum remind particularly of one little fella. He used to react very violently to any perceived slight or work he found tricky. He’d run if could and get up high. He’d say “if I jumped, I’d be dead. Would you be sad if I died? “ his mum just didn’t have the skills to parent him with her own problems so sometimes she was screaming “I’ve had enough of you!” And sometimes she was all over him. He was so confused what he had to do and wasn’t in control of his own behaviour. I always used to think one of them would end up dead before he was 18. He once got on top of a bus shelter and threatened to jump because she was ignoring him because he’d “showed her up”. He was 10. No concept of what it meant, just knew it got everyone’s attention and they were nice to him for a bit.

Anyway, none of that is to say that’s all kids with adhd at all. But that boys mum would have been the same. She needed things explaining over and over again. To try and help her with parenting was to imply she didn’t love him so she’d kick off and she’d swear and call you all the names under the sun. Then be back the next day as she needed your help with a form.

the systems have failed these families from the beginning - they ‘cope’ so no social care involvement until it goes really wrong. School systems (not schools themselves) aren’t robust enough to deal with those that fall through the gaps. It’s a mess from beginning to end.

• Sad
  • Heart