The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
don’t know how many people follow the other forum so here’s some of what’s been shared by them:
7CD46509-FBA5-4856-B907-86211FEF69E0.jpeg

C3DDB4A3-C0E8-4318-B52A-82BED22FA201.jpeg

46021CA1-C6AE-45EE-92E0-2929C5139E3D.jpeg

There’s also a post about how his BP is all over the place and how his meds have changed or something. Can’t really tell because reading some of these posts is like trying to figure out a puzzle of sorts

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
To a certain extent I can understand not wanting to say goodbye to him and the finality of it. I cannot, cannot, cannot understand how she thinks he will wake up.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
To a certain extent I can understand not wanting to say goodbye to him and the finality of it. I cannot, cannot, cannot understand how she thinks he will wake up.
Not only wake up but a chance of rehabilitation 🤯🤯

Reactions: 31
So what if its vegative tells me that ib none of this is she actually thinking about whats best for Archie.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
So what if its vegative tells me that ib none of this is she actually thinking about whats best for Archie.
I know that me & my Mum always discussed if anything happened whereby the chance of us ended up severely disabled/vegetative state then neither of us wanted saving as it wouldn't be our lives that we were used to - I cannot imagine a boy who it appears tried to take his own life + was an active sporty kid before would want that life either. Especially if there was awareness that you were like that for life now.

I can't imagine how hard it is to say goodbye to a child so I get her wanting to fight but... I can't see any of this being in his Best Interests when the outcomes are all bleak (the outcomes she's suggesting anyway!)

Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen the posts about the Movicol and the replies from the associated numpties? How the hell has she got the nerve to boss the medics around and tell them how to do their job? Says she has learned a lot of medical stuff. Nothing about how overflow diarrhoea works then. I really hopes the judge puts a court order on her tomorrow to shut the hell up.

ETA, she means loperamide, not lepermide. Loperamide stops diarrhoea, ie, its immodium.

Screenshot_20220714_181251.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181309.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181325.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181345.jpg

"Twice a day is normal for kids his age". He's not normal.

"I know a lot about this". Sure, how many constipated brain-dead kids have you treated in your lengthy career as a Facebook medical expert?

These people 😖

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
I thin Hollies problem is that she doesnt listen, at all. If she would just ask the nurses or dr’s why they change med’s they would explain it to her. Not that she would accept it but just listen

Reactions: 22
"I know a lot about this". Sure, how many constipated brain-dead kids have you treated in your lengthy career as a Facebook medical expert?
😂😂

Ahhh people. Always think they’ve finished surprising me, yet they never have.

Agency ICU nurses hate coming to work in Neuro ICU because “all we care about is brains and poo”… The complexities of over flow, constipation, the reasoning for brain injured patients to need to poo so much just cannot be taught in one Facebook post! But anyway, I must learn by now to shut up and accept these people know much more. 🙃

Reactions: 26
😂😂

Ahhh people. Always think they’ve finished surprising me, yet they never have.

Agency ICU nurses hate coming to work in Neuro ICU because “all we care about is brains and poo”… The complexities of over flow, constipation, the reasoning for brain injured patients to need to poo so much just cannot be taught in one Facebook post! But anyway, I must learn by now to shut up and accept these people know much more. 🙃
Now, in fairness, people with tit for brains may well believe that neuro ICU nurses would also be tremendously interested in poo.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Just feel the urge to leave a couple of Terry Pratchett quotes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time

The intelligence of that creature known as a crowd is the square root of the number of people in it

I don’t know why.

Reactions: 18
I just can’t get over the sheer arrogance of thinking you know better than a team of paediatric intensivists, when you have no medical background. Saying she will insist a medication is stopped if an X-ray doesn’t show something. Blimey. She really is something else.

Reactions: 32
someone on said that the doctors possibly mentioned a DNAR because Archie is so unstable from what she’s saying

I honestly hope for her sake that nothing happens with him while she’s not there as I think that would really break her

Also this comment by DFA just rubs me the wrong way. Almost sounds like it’s there to intimidate Hollie as they could have easily just said “she may not be at court tomorrow because she didn’t want the judgement to be handed down in person”

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I think the facebook group has become a comforting fantasy honestly. In it Archie has a real chance of survival, and they're the heroes battling against an enemy that can be defeated if enough people get behind them.

Lots of comments now directed at the government trying to own our children. God knows, I hate the tories as much as the rest of them, but it's completely irrelevant.

I think tomorrow when faced with the reality in court is going to be heartbreaking.

someone on said that the doctors possibly mentioned a DNAR because Archie is so unstable from what she’s saying

I honestly hope for her sake that nothing happens with him while she’s not there as I think that would really break her

Also this comment by DFA just rubs me the wrong way. Almost sounds like it’s there to intimidate Hollie as they could have easily just said “she may not be at court tomorrow because she didn’t want the judgement to be handed down in person”
Yes - I also think it must be very distressing for the family to know that an anoynomous person who is leading a lot of the negative comments about them (rightly or wrongly) is watching them at court, at such a vulnerable time. Of course anyone can attend and comment, but this must feel very personal.

I've appreciated the fact based content from DFA, but comments like that are nasty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I hope that tomorrow sets the path out for Archie being released from his living hell.

Reactions: 14
That group is going to be crazy tomorrow as will the dignity page. It makes me really uncomfortable to think they are going along to report back on their Facebook page and I’m on the same side of the fence as them so for the family it must be awful.

The things Hollie says in the army group are so at odds with what she says in court and it all just seems to be a big mess. In previous cases the parents didn’t seem to be so contradictory, it comes across very as a very manipulative thing to do as the army would quickly fall away if she admitted she knows that he isn’t going to live. I guess the group and their ill informed comments are a comfort and give her the belief to keep going in her battle.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.