Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

teabob

The no dignity in death for children is in such stark contrast to the words from the wee 5 year old Karlton Donahey’s mum after losing him to an accident with a helium balloon which I’ll copy and paste here;

She said: "I remember a consultant stating that he was in a really bad way. I just hit the floor, I couldn't get up. I was crying: 'My baby boy, my baby boy'. It was just horrible."

Ms Donaghey said she did not leave Karlton's side while he was in critical care at The Great North Children's Hospital.

"I read to him and I sang to him," she added. "I washed his face, his fingers and his hair. I put Vaseline on his lips and I made sure he was clean.

"His heart was beating itself and his stats seemed to be showing improvement but he was suffering massive seizures. The last seizures affected him pretty badly. He wouldn't be able to function, everything was damaged.
"He was trying to fight on but I knew he was fighting with a little ounce of energy, it was taking it all out of him.
"I told him: 'Just close your eyes and rest' and: 'Don't worry about mammy'. I promised my little boy that it wouldn't break me.

"They took the sedation off him and he deteriorated rapidly. I had the opportunity to lie in bed with him, to hum and sing in his ear and cuddle him on my chest until his little heart stopped. My little boy just went to sleep and he looked so beautiful.

"I knew as a mother I wasn't going to bring him home. I'm just grateful to have had the six days with him."

This is dignity in death. And no photographs of the wee soul in a hospital bed, press conferences or barmy army’s.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 104

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the posts about the Movicol and the replies from the associated numpties? How the hell has she got the nerve to boss the medics around and tell them how to do their job? Says she has learned a lot of medical stuff. Nothing about how overflow diarrhoea works then. I really hopes the judge puts a court order on her tomorrow to shut the hell up.

ETA, she means loperamide, not lepermide. Loperamide stops diarrhoea, ie, its immodium.

Screenshot_20220714_181251.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181309.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181325.jpg
Screenshot_20220714_181345.jpg

"Twice a day is normal for kids his age". He's not normal.

"I know a lot about this". Sure, how many constipated brain-dead kids have you treated in your lengthy career as a Facebook medical expert?

These people 😖

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 86

super grateful

Without going into specifics as it’ll be easy to narrow things down, I was semi involved in a young teenager donating their organs this week. Really sad incident, hypoxic brain injury, evidence of coning not long after arrival to PICU, nothing that could be done surgically. Parents allowed brain stem testing, spent time with them, decided for donation, got an extra day whilst donation was arranged, chance for handprints and hair locks etc, cuddles and visits, then after donation the patient was embalmed and transferred to a “cold room” so they could spend further time with them. All very dignified, all very grateful, no Facebook, no arguing, no bizarre monkey teddies, no court, just a broken family accepting what is a very unfortunate situation and grieving in the best way they could.

Just makes you realise what Hollie and Archie’s family could have gone through instead, this could have been such a “nicer” memory for them… Instead of all the hurt, drama, arguing, media, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I no hate is a strong word but I absolutely hate this woman with a passion blames everyone but herself for what has happened to her son she's so disrespectful to the people who have looking after archie yet still wants him to receive the treatment from them she is.now slagging the judge off left right and centre she's just pathetic get of social media stop doing TV interviews and spend the last days hugging and kissing and holding your beautiful boys hand.
Deflect, deflect, deflect. My job involves helping people from low socio-economic backgrounds, like Hollie and the majority of the "army". Nothing is ever their fault. It's always the school's fault, the teacher's fault, the doctor's fault, the council's fault, the police's fault, the social worker's fault, the school nurse's fault, the government's fault. They refuse to take any responsibility for their actions, and lash out at anyone who offers constructive advice. It's no coincidence that most of these cases seem to involve people from that kind of background.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Cornbread2

Archie has cachexia which is severe wasting related to illness. Feeding someone more doesn't help as the body can't process it, hence the loose bowels then constipation. Archie's body is failing even hooked up to all those machines, Hollies accusing the staff of starving him when his poor little body can't cope with feeding.
The worst part out of all of this is Archie’s body has already failed. Beyond reasonable doubt, Archie is dead. There is necrosis in his lungs. He is on no sedation even though he is intubated because he has no coughing or gag reflex. In every photo Hollie posts you can see dark spots of necrosis appearing on his body. Hollie wants to spin Archie’s body losing weight as the hospital not feeding him enough or abusing him etc etc. he’s ‘malnourished’ because he is literally decomposing from the inside out. It’s sickening that the doctors and nurses are being made to be subjected to this mentally disturbing farce of ‘medical care.’ The only ‘sign of life’ inside that poor child’s corpse is a heartbeat, which is artificial. Nothing about that child is ‘alive’ and this circus needs to end so Hollie and the family can begin to grieve ASAP.

• Sad
Reactions: 54

kittenattack

VIP Member
Unfortunately the actions of this woman, and others like her, have real world consequences for everyone. The more low IQ people become emboldened and fight back against medics, the more likely medics are to become more and more cautious when treating patients. We already have a situation where death is a taboo subject and this is preventing sick and dying people from accessing appropriate care. People are directly suffering due to this new - life at all costs - orthodoxy. It does affect medics and it prevents them from being able to do their work effectively. I have both personally and professionally experienced this and one of the reasons why I left nursing.

I have also noticed a correlation between intelligence levels and the ability to comprehend death and deal with subsequent grief. The likes of the Facebook huns are typically very dim and live in a fake world of TV dramas, social media fakery, movies and petty personal dramas of their own making. As a consequence their only experience of death comes from the media where people make spectacular recoveries and hysterical outbursts wake comatose patients up. This is not the real world. This culture is harming people. It is harming society. We need to come to terms with the fact that people die, even youngsters, as unfortunate as that is.

I may appear unsympathetic, that isn't my intention, it's just that I have been involved in the bigger picture and my instinct as a former nurse is to limit suffering. I can't see things improving and cases like this just drive the wedge in deeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I just don't know how you can listen to a medical team, an independent guardian appointed for your child, and one of the best and most considered judges in the country tell you that interventions aren't in your child's best interests and still maintain you know best. Any sympathy I had for this family has left me, let the boy rest and get yourself some bloody therapy.

Reactions: 50

sheleg

VIP Member
Yeah, I’m sure that’s what doctors learn at medical school. “If your patient doesn’t respond to any other treatment, dip their fingers in soil.”

I honestly despair. It’s like we’ve gone back to the literal Dark Ages of folk remedies and witchcraft.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Ugh i feel so bad about the poetry and everything else mainting Archie will recover on the fb group. This is helping no-one, least of all the family. Feel like the longer this is dragged out, the harder the emotional crash will be.

Come on Archie rise and shine we all know your just resting and taking your time.
Open them beautiful big blue eyes and give everyone a lovely surprise.
A long hard battle has/is being fought, with mum dad and Ella having to go to court.
Come on champ prove them right. They won’t give up without a fight.
Make tonight that special one when you wake and say hello mum.
Your family are an inspiration and so loved by a majority of the nation.
They cannot please a scumbag few but they thought they would leave those ones for you.
You can put them in their place as they made themselves look a complete disgrace.
Come on Archie fight fight fight come back to your family and hug them tight
I imagine somewhere Keats is kicking himself for not getting ‘scumbag’ into any of his rhymes.
just think how much it would have improved Ode to a Nightingale.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

MrsJones83

VIP Member
To a certain extent I can understand not wanting to say goodbye to him and the finality of it. I cannot, cannot, cannot understand how she thinks he will wake up.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

tigerlilly_xx

Chatty Member
All ima say about hollie is, if my child was in the hospital, as sick as Archie is, and has a DNAR in place in place, been told he could pass at any given moment… ain’t no way on this earth I would leave his side.
no sit down interviews. No statements outside of court, no attending court, I’d leave it completely up to a rep.
And personally that tells me all I need to know about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

bubbadabut

VIP Member
One thing that stood out for me was the fact Archie would always phone his mum to make sure she was ok, they spent all their time together and he didn’t want to leave her (I think the Judge called him her “chevalier”.) I understand there are a lot of child carers in Britain and I don’t know much at all about Hollie’s (and nothing about any health conditions she may have). But something made him feel a strong need to protect her, which is a lot for a 12-year-old
The cynic in me just saw that as emotive fuel to keep her campaign going. She constantly says how he wouldn't want to leave her, that he would want to stay on the machines because he wouldn't want to leave his mum alone.

The sad fact is, he did try to leave her, in the most final way possible.

• Sad

super grateful

Just catching up after a day of looking after ventilated patients and their, thankfully, normal relatives. 🫣

Someone mentioned the interview Hollie did where she said about Archie playing with the rabbit and then falling, and landing into the dressing gown robe. I saw that and was V confused!! I know we’ve always said her story isn’t straight but it’s getting weirder and weirder. Also who’s dressing gown robe is hanging around their house in a way that you can fall, accidentally wrap it around your neck, then drop over the banister and it tighten? And what happened to the rabbit? I know ultimately the poor child is gone so the story doesn’t 100% matter but just seems such a strange thing to not be honest about.

As for Hollie taking him home and having private care in if she was allowed to - lol. Ventilated patients do go home in certain circumstances (SCI, MND, etc), but they need ICU nurses 24/7 and family members who can act as a second pair of hands in an emergency until an ambulance arrives, so they have to undertake rigorous training. (More so than the medical training Hollie has already completed). Also hospitals are still currently paying internal ICU nurses £40 (weekday) £45 (Saturday / night) £50 (Sunday) per hour on agency because they are sooo short staffed (covid PTSD and all that) - external agency ICU nurses are getting way more. Meaning community ICU nurses are getting even more! So Hollie would have to fund that, PLUS all the equipment. A hospital bed costs thousands, a ventilator costs thousands, the filters (plural) that need to be changed on a ventilator every 12 hours cost approx £50 each, PPE is required, drug giving sets… and so on…

Someone on the Facebook group asked if a medium could contact Archie and help him come back to “our side” which I enjoyed.

I also find the interviews quite cruel. The news channels and the likes of This Morning aren’t offering up real facts or engaging in productive conversation / arguments; they ask what happened to Archie, where he is medically (which Hollie tells in her own way) and what has happened at court (which again is all Hollie’s version). The presenters then have to sit and nod thoughtfully, or get upset with her and say how strong she is and that she has to keep fighting and she knows best etc. Odd journalism. Anyone watching at home who knows nothing about the case, and has very little intelligence to think about it with sense for 1 minute, would surely side with Hollie and assume her child is being “given up on” as she says. They are cruel to Hollie as they are enabling her, and cruel to her followers as they are not sharing the full facts.

And yep, found that thumbs up video both shocking and somehow not shocking - think it’s become apparent that this has all turned into a strange game for quite a while, sadly.

• Heart
My wee one was so I’ll when he was born. I got ‘the talk’ so many times. I couldn’t accept it. Every little positive sign was mammoth in my eyes. I had started to go to a church when pregnant (had been told to expect worse whilst preggers) and they had been hyped up on religion and God. But one day it hit me- was I keeping him alive for me or for him? The interventions were horrendous. He wasn’t brain damaged, just a hopeless physical situation. But his consultant was amazing. All the team were. In the end my little one has survived against all odds. (10!) I do understand wanting to keep them alive and feel for his mum but you do get to a point when you think is this right? I can’t fault the NHS. when it comes to kids they are amazing. My wee one has been all around the country. They have corresponded with doctors around the world. They never want a child to die. But she needs to let go and stop funds being used that could help other kids.

And the black out challenge is not hanging. It’s holding pressure points on your neck and was popular a few years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Gem82

From someone in the army:

"Me and my youngest lad jonpaul he's 12 ...13 in march we've been singing a little tune for lil Archie every morning and night we love you Archie we do we love you Archie we do we love you Archie we dooooooooohhhhh Archie we love you ... Sending loads of positive love your ways ... Xxxx"

Honestly, I find it sickening.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

tigerlilly_xx

Chatty Member
This is the Alfie Evans timeline. We are at the starting point of this now. Given that Hollie will also try to exhaust every possible legal avenue, this could go on for a few more weeks yet.

View attachment 1426627View attachment 1426628View attachment 1426630

My son was getting surgery during that protest outside of alder hey.

Absolute fucking joke, I was sat outside trying to get some air and have a little food after being sat with my child who was starving due to the operation, having them load just stood around like fucking twats waiting for some sort of fucking performance show.

Honestly, anyone that protests outside a fucking child hospital needs to have a strong look at themselves in the mirror.

I know it’s not really relevant but I hope she doesn’t ask people to stand outside of Archie’s hospital.

• Heart
Reactions: 42