Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I’m just reposting this from bubbadabut as this was the timeline for Alfie Evans. If Hollie goes the same way then we are on the equivalent of 6th March and Archie could still have over a month to go.

I wonder if Hollie will try and get him home once she’s exhausted all other court appeals. Not that she will exceed but just to prolong the process.
I don't think he would last this long. Alfie still looked like a healthy chubby toddler where as Archie doesn't, he is wasting away.

Reactions: 3

avabella

VIP Member
Unfortunately that has been happening for some time now, I think the first court judgement document contains details about necrosis (decay) of some of Archie’s brain tissue, and in the document from yesterday it states that the secretions are being suctioned from his lungs are also now necrotic.

There is a very informative thread on another forum - if you search kiwi & his name it will come up. Warning -said forum has a lot of very interesting information on certain subjects/people but it is extremely abrasive in posting style. I found it when the Jahi Mcmath case started, there are extensive threads about that too.

Thank you - so that seems internal decay is occurring - will it happen outwardly too?

Reactions: 2

Tofino

VIP Member
And looking at that timeline it still took Supreme Court 12 days to refuse their permission to appeal.

this is what’s wrong with the process. They can continue to request permission to appeal but the time it takes between each stage.

• Sad

Merpedy

VIP Member
It looks like they are going for it based on Archies religious views and the families wishes?
The religious thing is interesting because they might be basing their upcoming appeal to the ECHR at least partly on freedom of religion

I haven't really looked at how that would work in practice, or even if it could or has been in the past in such a situation, but it's an interesting topic. I very much doubt it will go there though

Again, the courts can't tell you that you're not religious enough for your religious beliefs to be considered. Though I'd think if she was an 'orthodox' (which doesn't seem to be that big in Christianity if at all different from just... normal Christianity) her beliefs would be given a bit more weight

Anyway, they seem to be arguing that the judge never fully appropriately considered the family's and Archie's reported beliefs/opinions when making his decision

Tofino

VIP Member
I just watched the ending back and they weren’t actually finished as counsels need to make full submissions as if it was an appeal and being 4pm it would be rushed. I think that means St Bart’s Trust also make a submission.

avabella

VIP Member
I'm not a healthcare worker and so have no experience of this so please forgive this question - if, as all the literature seems to show, Archie isn't absorbing nutrition etc, does that mean at some point his body will start to decay? :(

Merpedy

VIP Member
He just told the judges he’s pro bono…
If he's in any way connected to the Christian group he could be getting money from them, assuming it's allowed under UK rules obviously

That or he has strong opinions/interests in these sort of cases

unimpeded

Is anyone here in the Army group and can see if the planned party is still going ahead today (tonight?) ? Has anyone in the family confirmed whether they will be going?

• Wow

Tofino

VIP Member
It's not that it's distasteful, it's that they're illogical and he keeps contradicting things he's previously said
Yes I found the argument over the use of burdensome extremely distasteful. The female judge seemed astounded he would try to use that and I agree. He was clutching at straws, there was no valid point to stand there and say that.

gigi_93

VIP Member
Yes, the latest posts shared between mother and older son are 🤮. I have no idea how old the son is but seeing they date back six years and more, he couldn’t have been much older than Archie. Completely inappropriate and makes you wonder what the hell was going on in that household. I’ll even go as far to say that if those exchanges were happening in private conversation, fair play. But to publicly share those exchanges? Just bizarre. She took the ’cool’ mom thing waayyy yoo far.
I saw those screenshots. I do wonder if her behaviour contributed to Archie’s suicide

That still happened with Alfie Evans though so not sure why. Maybe they make an exception for certain cases? But court of appeal upheld Hayden’s decision on 6th March but they still requested permission from Supreme Court and ECHR. They both refused but it still delayed the withdrawal of life support.
I’m not sure that they asked Hayden to appeal before they went to court of appeal in AE case? If they went straight to the court of appeal then they would only have had one rejection and be able to apply to supreme