Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sheleg

VIP Member
Looks like that weirdo who sat outside the hospital with oxygen tanks to help break out Charlie or Alfie (can’t remember which one) is there today. Because he’s part of the family now apparently.
Let him try. See how well that goes.

Absolute idiot.

Reactions: 2

candyland_

VIP Member
I thought I heard them say it could happen in days
Did I hear this right? My 4 year old is noisy! Did the middle judge just read out an open letter from Hollie I think, acknowledging that doctors have said that life expectancy for an unplanned death would happen in weeks rather than months?

Tofino

VIP Member
A short break to see if they are in agreement maybe?
yes thats what I was hoping. I think even if it’s clear then they would still want a break to check they all agree. And they wouldn’t want to have those discussions in front of everyone.

candyland_

VIP Member
There was a court case about a baby girl only a few weeks ago. Sky News covered it but I can’t remember their name.

DoctorFlocci

Surely religious beliefs can’t override medical facts? I mean it’s one thing not having a certain medication because it contains something that is prohibited in your religion but to argue that a dead 12 year old should be kept in this condition due to beliefs he apparently held (although there is no evidence that he had those beliefs) seems totally different.
According to this ruling - from the ECHR - they don’t. ie religious beliefs don’t “trump” human rights & basic facts.

Attachments

Tofino

VIP Member
From what I’ve found, she can’t take it to Supreme Court if she’s refused the appeal. Hayden was smart enough to reject it in high court first. After this appeal that makes it two rejections which means it can’t go to Supreme Court? Without it being a Supreme Court case the ECHR will more than likely refuse to intervene.
That still happened with Alfie Evans though so not sure why. Maybe they make an exception for certain cases? But court of appeal upheld Hayden’s decision on 6th March but they still requested permission from Supreme Court and ECHR. They both refused but it still delayed the withdrawal of life support.

Attachments

kittenattack

VIP Member
Yes, the latest posts shared between mother and older son are 🤮. I have no idea how old the son is but seeing they date back six years and more, he couldn’t have been much older than Archie. Completely inappropriate and makes you wonder what the hell was going on in that household. I’ll even go as far to say that if those exchanges were happening in private conversation, fair play. But to publicly share those exchanges? Just bizarre. She took the ’cool’ mom thing waayyy yoo far.
Those messages are 😱

Reactions: 1

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Does anyone know of any cases where the parents actually won?

e.g made it all the way to surpreme/human rights and then won?

Tui

VIP Member
I think it’s astonishing that she honestly thinks she’s doing the right thing “would rather have 1% of Archie than none”
Clearly an energetic and athletic child, she would rather condemn him to a life of severe physical and mental disability on the off chance he did breathe on his own.
Sone things are worse than death.
Exactly. F
No because she'll take it to the Supreme Court, and then the ECHR. Probably be another fortnight yet.
would it still go to echr even after brexit?

Tofino

VIP Member
I don't think he would last this long. Alfie still looked like a healthy chubby toddler where as Archie doesn't, he is wasting away.
Sadly I agree. But that’s what they are hoping for isn’t it. It’s beyond cruel. Something has to change. It’s been nearly 4 months.

Tofino

VIP Member
Does it usually take a few days to make a decision?
I’m not sure when it’s just an application for an appeal. They are not hearing the whole case, just whether they have grounds for an appeal hearing. I hope it’s only today. Every day matters right now.

tigerlilly_xx

Chatty Member
Last edited:

Merpedy

VIP Member
If the permission to appeal is rejected tomorrow, then does the judge's directions to turn off his life support go ahead tomorrow instead?
I guess if she gets to appeal directly to the Supreme Court it won't till they decide whether to hear it, and that would then presumably extend until/if they decide to try an appeal to ECtHR