Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beany19

So what happens today ,I don't understand how the appeals system works if she appeals will it push back What the judge puts in place today for his life support to be removed Like if he gives a certain day.

Reactions: 4

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think there was a nurse in the background in the video where she mentioned the honey. So she either didn't hear what Hollie had said, or they okayed it. Seems like a crazy thing to do.
Maybe it was a very very small amount? I'm thinking along the lines of Rowse honey bottle too rather than a 'block' or spoonful of honey. I think she mentioned before that he was salivating (obviously not in the way she understands it to be) and honey just sort of seems to mix with your saliva so they okay-ed it based on that

Obviously no medical knowledge but if it doesn't impact the consistency or stickiness of the saliva it could be fine for whatever instruments they use for suction?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I think they'll just object to what is heard today and try to incur further delays. Didn't the Gards go to the Supreme Court and also tried the European Court for Human Rights?
Yes both the Supreme Court and the ECHR dismissed it out of hand, I think.

Weeder

Chatty Member
This female barrister is easier to understand! Not sure if it’s partly a microphone issue with some of the others.
I've only just started listening, heard the end of the last chap. They all sound a bit annoyed, particularly this lady? That could be my imagination.

Reactions: 3

Merpedy

VIP Member
someone on said that the doctors possibly mentioned a DNAR because Archie is so unstable from what she’s saying

I honestly hope for her sake that nothing happens with him while she’s not there as I think that would really break her

Also this comment by DFA just rubs me the wrong way. Almost sounds like it’s there to intimidate Hollie as they could have easily just said “she may not be at court tomorrow because she didn’t want the judgement to be handed down in person”

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow

Tofino

VIP Member
I never realised how noisy playing with duplo is until my kids decided to tip it all out just as this started. I can't hear a thing
My four year old has his music on and just generally very distracting and appeal cases are difficult to follow as it is because they getting into the nitty gritty technicalities of law rather than evidence and statements. I don’t think we stand a chance 😂

• Haha

kittenattack

VIP Member
Shouldn't a child being a ward of court prevent all of this from happening in the first place? I thought that over rode parental "rights"?
Yes, this is what I thought. I was a ward of court when I was five and my mother, quite rightly, didn't get a look in.

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Fell down a rabbit hole reading comments on the "ladbible" story of this. Half the army are definitely in force there for sure

• Wow

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Maybe it was a very very small amount? I'm thinking along the lines of Rowse honey bottle too rather than a 'block' or spoonful of honey. I think she mentioned before that he was salivating (obviously not in the way she understands it to be) and honey just sort of seems to mix with your saliva so they okay-ed it based on that

Obviously no medical knowledge but if it doesn't impact the consistency or stickiness of the saliva it could be fine for whatever instruments they use for suction?
But he has acquired diabetes that needs constant monitoring and titration. I’m not sure that neat sugar in any quantities would be a good idea?