Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nanditalives

Yes I take your point. I guess what I was not explaining well is that for what they stand for I am surprised they can reconcile the 'influencer' life with their values. Although it is noted that the revenue from the recent video is going to charity.
I think whats annoyed me the most during lockdown is that i've realised all the "work" they do is just stuff that we all do (i.e. COOK LUNCH) on top of our normal jobs but they get to make that an ad and earn money to do it.

I do think she has come off wayyy better than Lily, she seems so grateful to her parents in this vlog and she is a lot more positive which makes her slightly easier to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

fallouou

I think Anna has been so successful because she has a good work ethic though. Some bloggers / internet people have all the personality/creativity to go far but they’re not consistent. Her content isn’t mind blowing, but she sticks to a schedule and everything is done to a good quality. It’s like the D grade kid who works hard to get a B every essay (that sounds so harsh lol).

Editing everything takes ages and requires patience, and each little stylistic change on a vid or insta post can be a proper ball ache to keep uniform across all platforms.

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
Anna in her new video showed the view of her parents’ garden and her dad’s great grass and said that he is available for “grass growing advice” 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
So Anna mentioned in this week's newsletter that one of her goals in life was to save for a garden and I quote:

One guess as to what we're saving for?! A GARDENNNNNNNNN! One day, eh?

I take it from this that the new place won't have a garden as 'one day' would suggest that Anna's dream of having a place with a garden is far off in the future. Why would she even mention this if she was planning to do a reveal of her new place (I'm guessing it's a house with a garden) in the same week? That just makes her a liar. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Anna will just move to another flat without a garden, but regardless, her 'normal girl' schtick has been wearing thin for a long time now.

Like a lot of others I also find her 'catchphrases' annoying. 'Oh my word!' irks me as does the way she refers to herself as 'We' all the time. When you're talking about yourself singular it's 'I', Anna, 'I'.

That said, I do think she's a genuinely nice girl. She has a good heart. She's just a bit annoying/boring. In fairness, she does acknowledge that she's boring.

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
I wonder if Mark is going to have his own section like:
- Fall bike trends and how to wear those tight bike shorts every day, all day.
- How to make your best friend figure out he is in a loveless and abusive relationship: misery is not a personality trait.
- Working hard for the misses: how to make a relationship work when working together.

Or just simply:

- How to dress for men: from biker to bland.

• Haha

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
BDDE512A-54A2-4E9F-AD25-051241374606.jpeg
319B9148-134D-47A1-B046-C34D97AC6AE3.jpeg

I just can’t with these awkward walking shots of her with the blandest caption possible. “Bank holiday beige” yes exactly. Pissing my pants at the thought of these two bores walking past the same house day in, day out, with the insta husband capturing boring walking pictures of his wife wearing – jeans and a jumper. With her ugly sandals. “Yay babes, that’s a very productive work day. Tick that like, of like, the list.” Occasional guffaws thrown in for good measure.

• Haha

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Having recently gone through a house sale and being in a chain, I think she’s absolutely done the right thing by taking herself out of the chain so she’s in effect a cash buyer when it comes to buying her new place, she’s literally eliminated 50% of the stress by selling her place already.
As for moving in with her family, she seems close to her parents. I, for one, feel lucky that I know my parents would also offer me my room back if I needed something temporary between moves (my husband also), not everyone sees this as a backward step. I think the relationship that Anna has with her family is actually really sweet. We can bash her on so many things but actually saving money on rent when this is the most expensive thing she has done for 5 years is just common sense.
Totally agree with this. Also, Brighton is bloody expensive... air bnbs would be extortionate. Especially if they have no idea how long they would have to stay in one for. Thought it was very classy that she donated the AdSense money. Shilly Beggles would never!!

Readinginks

VIP Member
“hitting the 30 marker, it feels like E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E I know in my life is on the move.”

This shows she’s in a circle of comfortably cushioned people with mum and dad banks.

I am 35 and hardly know anyone around my age who owns a property. Even my colleagues in their mid 40s are just around scraping for their first flat. Probably because we don’t know how to budget like expert Anna, not because we’re academic librarians working our arses off during pandemic because the government says it’s safe to have students back on campus 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 25

CheshireLove

VIP Member
If it is structure she craves, it's just one hundred job application away :rolleyes: Get yourself an average pay, 9 to 5 job and see how you enjoy your edited crack of the dawn commute and squeezing errands into a handful of hours that are left from your work day Anna. Jfc. I know I'm nostalgic about that time of the year before schools open, I always enjoyed stationery shopping and I still do, but I cannot understand what she has in her life that she needs to "edit" so meticulously. She does fuck all, all day, every day. Taking 15 instagram photos to edit one of them, writing a generic blog post and to putting on a pair of shorts does not a hectic day make.
Succinctly put lemonline.

Anna is not as relatable as she likes to think. She wants to attract 20/30 somethings who work and have money to burn but hasn’t a clue about the stresses of a 9-5. It’s insulting really. She would never be able to write a post about applying for a job, top tips for an interview etc. Most bloggers’ idea of a workwear wardrobe are laughable.

• Heart

Yesbabe

Just watched her organising and beach video... and the girl has really sent her unused currency off to get £80. Eighty pounds. All charities take foreign currency, I am surprised little Miss PR sample did this.

It shows the BLM donation was just paying lip service so she could carry on posting frivolous shit. Charity is hardly at the forefront of her mind.

I don’t think she has any obligation to donate to charity, it’s her money. I think it’s a very personal choice. I donate monthly to a charity of my choice by direct debit, but don’t even mention it. And I don’t judge others for not doing the same.

I’m sure she always donates the money from Depop and her and Mark have definitely done some sleeping on the streets things for homelessness.

She does do much more for charity than Lily.

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
All this fake planning and writing down the most basic, mundane tasks is because she doesn't have much to do so she is creating work for herself. She is what I like to call fake busy. :LOL: I am sure we all have colleagues that are always flapping about screaming they are so busy but when you actually take a look at their outputs it is so little.

• Heart

Sarahsnightmare

I havent read her description boxes in a long time. I cant believe she STILL uses "The one in which..."

I would be super interested in what she wrote to the seller because her writing isn't the most eloquent. Im sure it started off with "The one in which we convince you to accept our offer."

• Haha

skippyskip

Who remembers Caroline Hirons banging on during lockdown '... go out and help the beauty industry they are really struggling they need you... blah blah blah...'! Oh right, ok then. What about all the Instabeggars that get their beauty treatments and haircuts for free then? Still happening then! :rolleyes: :mad:
Such a good point. Yet influencers carry on to accept freebies from businesses that have been shut and without income for months. They are absolutely shameless and immoral. It is for the rest of us plebs to pay for our haircuts, colour, beauty treatments, nails etc - which is what we have been doing all along anyway, pandemic or no pandemic.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
I finished Anna's latest video, she bought flowers for the new buyer, how sweet. I remember Lily wrote them a note to inform that they filled the holes but didn't manage to sand it down then also proceed to mention that they got engaged in the flat...Hmm interesting, who cares.

also wanted to say, Tattle has been mentioned quite a lot by certain influencers today. I don't see Anna gets hate here, the negative thing that said about her was mainly about her boring videos and capsule wardobe, there is no smoke without fire that is all I can say.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
The moving day vlog was cute! Buying flowers for the new owners of the flat was a nice gesture, as was going to the trouble of cleaning the flat and replacing the light bulbs. These little things count! I do hope the new place comes through for them. Anna mentioned that their stay at her parent's house is looking like it's going to be much longer than they first anticipated, so I hope the whole thing doesn't fall through.

Also, while their temporary living space is understandably a bit cramped, you can tell Anna is so appreciative of it. You won't hear her complaining no matter how long they are at her parent's house. Can you imagine Lily in the same situation?!!

Reactions: 24