The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Hello from my parent’s spare room”

Gaaaaahhhh, how does someone who essentially writes for a living have so little grasp of where an apostrophe goes?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I agree. It’s not her fault that she can’t show the new place yet if she’s not finalised, but then she shouldn’t have hyped up the video? It was incredibly boring and a bit of a let down after her hype about it.

That said, I think they’ve made a sensible choice moving in with her parents, and I liked that she donated the AdSense.

Reactions: 19
She’s definitely done the right thing - there are new restrictions in place during covid. You can’t even start looking for a place until you have an offer so considering they made an offer in mid-July, that would mean the current owners could only have just started looking at that point. Once they find a place, the owners of that home can start looking. It must be really frustrating and creates a terrible chain so they’ve 100% done the right thing in selling and move to her parents.

Reactions: 9
Lily says she is a control freak, I definitely think she feels she is much knowledgeable and above all because she has done a house move, renovation and a mum. I feel, she will tell Anna what to do all the time.
. Lily thinks she’s a control freak but in reality she’s just a privileged spoiled brat, who always had everything handed on a plate the way she wanted it and done by others. To me, a control freak is someone who is also willing to do the work in order to have it the way they want it, and would persevere through difficulties. That’s not Lily. Anna, on the other hand, fits the description probably much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can’t believe we have tattled for 36 pages so far! Considering the last thread took almost 2 years haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I get what you’re saying, but I can’t say that my job contributes to society either. I really don’t think there is that much difference between a PR manager at Whistles or Waitrose or Anna, they’re all part of the industry. Unless I was for example a civil rights lawyer, a nurse or a clean energy engineer, I am in no place to judge people for having a comfortable and well-paying job.

Of course, for myself I am trying to buy less (and no, I do not have a capsule wardrobe), but I still own and buy more than I need too.

I do agree with what you’re saying, that they do both have an air of caring about these things and so they should act on that or keep their mouths shut, unlike some other influencers of whom we don’t even expect they care.
Yes I take your point. I guess what I was not explaining well is that for what they stand for I am surprised they can reconcile the 'influencer' life with their values. Although it is noted that the revenue from the recent video is going to charity.

Reactions: 3
Yes I take your point. I guess what I was not explaining well is that for what they stand for I am surprised they can reconcile the 'influencer' life with their values. Although it is noted that the revenue from the recent video is going to charity.
I think whats annoyed me the most during lockdown is that i've realised all the "work" they do is just stuff that we all do (i.e. COOK LUNCH) on top of our normal jobs but they get to make that an ad and earn money to do it.

I do think she has come off wayyy better than Lily, she seems so grateful to her parents in this vlog and she is a lot more positive which makes her slightly easier to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Could you explain a few real estate things to a non-UK resident here?

1) Some people here are saying that the owners could simply accept a higher offer and the sale would fall through. Is the offer not binding on both sides? If the sellers accepted their offer, is that not final?

2) It seems that they have to wait until the owners find a new place until they can move in. Is it not normal to agree on a move-in date when the offer is accepted?

Just for reference, in Finland (where I live) the offer is binding on both sides and if either party backs out, there is usually a hefty fine (for us it was 10k euros). Then, when you sign the contract, you agree on a move-in date and if the seller fails to move out by that date, they have to pay the buyers for each day that the move is postponed (usually about 1k euros per day).

Reactions: 9
She didn't seriously do a post on instagram about rolling up a skirt to make it a mini? That's what I did in school to make my skirt shorter ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 8

1) Some people here are saying that the owners could simply accept a higher offer and the sale would fall through. Is the offer not binding on both sides? If the sellers accepted their offer, is that not final?

2) It seems that they have to wait until the owners find a new place until they can move in. Is it not normal to agree on a move-in date when the offer is accepted?

Just for reference, in Finland (where I live) the offer is binding on both sides and if either party backs out, there is usually a hefty fine (for us it was 10k euros). Then, when you sign the contract, you agree on a move-in date and if the seller fails to move out by that date, they have to pay the buyers for each day that the move is postponed (usually about 1k euros per day).
Hiiyyaaaa!

1) Not binding until you have exchanged contracts, which can take months. Up until this point, anyone can come along and offer more money or seller can pull out etc. Buyer is then out of pocket for solicitor fees.
2) Yes that’s normal in the UK

Reactions: 5

The housing market is mental in the U.K. until you’ve exchanged contracts anything can happen. Having your offer accepted is an agreement in principal but means nothing legally. Also the people she’s buying from could still pull out. We were in a situation a few years ago where we’d had an offer accepted but they couldn’t find anywhere to buy so they took the house off the market and we found another house. By moving back with her parents they become cash buyers and means they can move quicker. I actually hope everything goes smoothly for them. Anna and Mark seem like nice people (even if her content is a little repetitive) and I really do wish them all the best.

Reactions: 19
There was a piece in the Sunday times about how property market in UK has a backlog for buyers moving in right now, extending on average an extra month to usual times and delays etc. I imagine they don’t want to put pressure on current residents who are selling either in case they pull the offer.

it seems like they’re playing this smart and I appreciate how upbeat she is about all of it, and very tactful with donating Adsense to YMCA. It’s sweet how appreciative she is to be able to stay with her parents and knowing her I’m sure they’re paying them something. It’s probably a good chance to save up for renovations and decorating etc too as they won’t be paying a mortgage for a few months.

Reactions: 13
Hiiyyaaaa!

1) Not binding until you have exchanged contracts, which can take months. Up until this point, anyone can come along and offer more money or seller can pull out etc. Buyer is then out of pocket for solicitor fees.
2) Yes that’s normal in the UK
The housing market is mental in the U.K. until you’ve exchanged contracts anything can happen. Having your offer accepted is an agreement in principal but means nothing legally. Also the people she’s buying from could still pull out. We were in a situation a few years ago where we’d had an offer accepted but they couldn’t find anywhere to buy so they took the house off the market and we found another house. By moving back with her parents they become cash buyers and means they can move quicker. I actually hope everything goes smoothly for them. Anna and Mark seem like nice people (even if her content is a little repetitive) and I really do wish them all the best.
Thanks for explaining this! The system does sound mental from my point of view but I guess it's not as bad when everyone's in the same boat. I would be a nervous wreck if I had sold my home and had an offer on a new one that could fall through at any moment.

With the system in mind, I think they are doing the right thing. They are definitely lucky to have her parents in the same city.

Reactions: 8
There is a capsule wardrobe/ecologically friendly life vlogger called Useless, she is Danish, don't know if anyone is aware of her? She did a vlog recently about this dilemma and her discomfort with it, being known as an influencer and how this did not fit with her ideology.

It was very interesting and she really does practice what she preaches when it comes to sustainability and a small capsule unlike Anna whose "capsule wardrobe" seems to involve constantly buying expensive "investment" pieces.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for explaining this! The system does sound mental from my point of view but I guess it's not as bad when everyone's in the same boat. I would be a nervous wreck if I had sold my home and had an offer on a new one that could fall through at any moment.

With the system in mind, I think they are doing the right thing. They are definitely lucky to have her parents in the same city.
Yeh, it’s pretty stressful! But as you said, everyone is in the same boat and most people have some kind of drama along the way.

Reactions: 2
Of course they’re tiny.
“Hello from my parent’s spare room”

Gaaaaahhhh, how does someone who essentially writes for a living have so little grasp of where an apostrophe goes?!
Maybe it’s the room of just one of her parents ;)

I’m in the Netherlands I think our system is probably more similar to Finland. Sold is sold, you can have some provisions when bidding, but after that it’s a done deal. I’ve heard so many stressful stories from British friends going through all of this!

But yes, they did a smart thing selling now. Also, it’s a still a sellers market now, so I’m sure they got a good price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.