The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her hair looks much better straighter.

every video she puts up is literally the same content!
I thought it looked so flat and thin, like usually she has more shape to it, maybe it was the clip she was using too šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Anna is so paranoid about living at her parent's house, does she need to start every video saying she's staying in the airbnb at mum and dad, that the set up isn't the same but are making it work and that she has no space to put her products. We get it you are staying there for a while, I just feel like we don't need to hear that every second - it makes no difference really and I don't think anyone would look at her latest video thinking oh wow what crappy quality.
Can we add airbnb of mum and dad to all the cringe words she used

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anna has more money than sense.

Ā£115 for a spot cream. Over Ā£1000 on a second hand bag. Over Ā£400 on another coat.

I get sheā€™s not paying a mortgage etc at the moment, but showing off like this in the current climate feels very tone deaf. Would like to see a less humble-brag favourites from her like recipes, books, tv shows etc

Reactions: 19

Ā£115 for a spot cream. Over Ā£1000 on a second hand bag. Over Ā£400 on another coat.

I get sheā€™s not paying a mortgage etc at the moment, but showing off like this in the current climate feels very tone deaf. Would like to see a less humble-brag favourites from her like recipes, books, tv shows etc
I think she want to transit into someone more high end, like BB or Lizzy. Trust me her reno and style will be pretentious as f too lol

Reactions: 8
For someone who prides herself on thinking carefully about what sheā€™s including in her (bulging) capsule wardrobe she sure does get rid of A LOT not too long after purchasing! The linen trousers, the Celine silk shirt!

Reactions: 11

Iā€™ve been thinking about this lately, and how some internet people come across as very tone deaf, but for me these are the people buying a new Chanel hand bag or Hermes and declaring it a ā€œtreatā€ when it seems like they treat themselves everyday day. That to me is more tone deaf, as dropping Ā£5k on a bag is an easy ā€œtreatā€ for them. Like in the frow saying loads of people sent her recommendations for a Chanel bag so she went out and bought it.

But personally I donā€™t think Anna is doing that, or humble bragging. She explains why the cream is so expensive, and that she didnā€™t pay full price for the clothing items. Sheā€™s always had way more money than me, and in 2020 more than ever, but do we not expect her to spend her money at all? If sheā€™s getting lots of ad deals and is raking it in is she not allowed to buy a coat sheā€™s been after for ages, and (annoyingly and unimaginatively) directly copy other peoples purchases? Or would we rather just not know about the purchases that might make us feel bad?

Reactions: 16
do youtubers ever get bored of saying, disingenuously, 'hi everyone, i hope you're all well'

WE'RE TIRED OF HEARING IT

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Iā€™ve been thinking about this lately, and how some internet people come across as very tone deaf, but for me these are the people buying a new Chanel hand bag or Hermes and declaring it a ā€œtreatā€ when it seems like they treat themselves everyday day. That to me is more tone deaf, as dropping Ā£5k on a bag is an easy ā€œtreatā€ for them. Like in the frow saying loads of people sent her recommendations for a Chanel bag so she went out and bought it.

But personally I donā€™t think Anna is doing that, or humble bragging.
Itā€™s so interesting how people perceive people so differently, even online. I find her very ā€˜humble-braggyā€™ - of course she is allowed to spend her own money that she works for etc, I just find it grim that she shows basically over Ā£1000 of ā€˜thingsā€™ every month (Ā£1533 this month, Ā£1106 in august, a mere Ā£417 in July) at a time where so many people are seriously struggling. I Thought sheā€™d maybe be a little more sensitive

Seriously she talks so much about her parents air bnb that it feels like she is hating it. Got great sleep at the hotel oh my word, we get it you secretly hate it but can't say it coz you are a goody person on SM!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Itā€™s so interesting how people perceive people so differently, even online. I find her very ā€˜humble-braggyā€™ - of course she is allowed to spend her own money that she works for etc, I just find it grim that she shows basically over Ā£1000 of ā€˜thingsā€™ every month (Ā£1533 this month, Ā£1106 in august, a mere Ā£417 in July) at a time where so many people are seriously struggling. I Thought sheā€™d maybe be a little more sensitive
Exaclty, of course she can spend what she wants, but with that Allies of Skin cream for me itā€™s the amount she goes on about it. It comes up in almost every skincare and favourites video, so it starts to feel like she is just ramming it down viewersā€™ throats. Is there a rule where you have to talk about a product a certain number of times before it becomes some thing you bought for work and therefore tax deductible? she is definitely becoming less relatable.

Exaclty, of course she can spend what she wants, but with that Allies of Skin cream for me itā€™s the amount she goes on about it. It comes up in almost every skincare and favourites video, so it starts to feel like she is just ramming it down viewersā€™ throats. Is there a rule where you have to talk about a product a certain number of times before it becomes some thing you bought for work and therefore tax deductible? she is definitely becoming less relatable.
Or hopes they'll 'kindly gift' it to her in the future. I can't imagine choosing to spend that amount of money on a product to deal with the odd spot and I belong to skin care group on FB. Interestingly Allies of Skin doesn't come up much as a brand.

For someone who prides herself on thinking carefully about what sheā€™s including in her (bulging) capsule wardrobe she sure does get rid of A LOT not too long after purchasing! The linen trousers, the Celine silk shirt!
It amazes me that this woman, who shops for her ~capsule wardrobe~ EVERY SEASON, and regularly gets rid of clothing she bought only a few months ago has become known for her capsule wardrobe advice. Like, seriously?? That isn't what a capsule wardrobe is, at all. Anna can only do this because she already had a large following before pivoting towards capsule wardrobes. She doesn't offer any real advice. Fashion yeah but not capsules.

• Heart
I DID NOT WRITE THIS - :) this is from Anna's newsletter! How long can she šŸ„› this, the šŸ„ has died
Greetings! How are we all doing? Yes October is here and it's officially 'DAMN I wish I bought my thick coat with me' weather. Trust me, I won't be making that mistake again. We're all good here, still bunking down in my parents office, but hopefully the end is in sight (maybe!). So with house stuff still firmly planted in the front seat of brain, I thought I'd do one final dump of all the advice that we've stored up through the process. Of course we've only done one half of the deal, but if you're thinking of moving anytime soon, here are some thoughts for you to ponder...
LESSON #35
Thinking of Moving? Here's My Advice...
With the stamp duty reduction in the U.K and hitting the 30 marker, it feels like E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E I know in my life is on the move. We've only done one half of the deal with selling our flat, but I thought I'd collate all the things that we've found to be helpful so far and the pointers to think about before putting your property on the market, the things to keep in mind whilst it's on there and what to do when you have an offer...

BEFORE
  • TIDY UP. I mean it's an obvious one, but make sure your property is looking as top-notch as possible; whether that's completing decorative tasks you've been meaning to finish off for years, or just giving it a deep clean and tidy (better to edit your possessions now to make packing easier later on!).
  • MAKE BROCHURES. I've mentioned this tip a million times already and spoke about it more in this post, but a homemade brochure featuring titbits that only you know about your home and the surrounding area is a really nice touch.
  • SORT PAPERWORK. Make sure you have all your certificates that your buyers will be asking for prepped and ready. Locate a legal team, surveyors, estate agents and a mortgage advisor if needed. Just get all your ducks in a row - it helps speed things up further down the line.
  • DO YOUR RESEARCH. Know the market so you can be sure that you have your home on for the right price (and know that what you're looking for exists!). Price it too high and it will sit on the market for months, or too low and you're missing a trick.
  • DOUBLE-CHECK FINANCES. Create a spreadsheet to be able to assist you with speedy decisions (Making Saving Expert is a good place to start!). This way when you receive an offer you'll be able to know if it's financially feasible for you to accept it or not with a click of a button.

DURING
  • BE FLEXIBLE. As annoying as it is to have to keep vacating your home for viewings (especially when a lot of us are working from home right now), saying 'yes' as much as possible to viewings makes everyone's life easier and could mean the difference to receiving an offer or not. Suck it up and go for a walk round the block.
  • KEEP IT CLEAN. No matter what number viewing you are on, resist the urge for your standards to slip. Whilst most people can see past clutter, or your drying washing or your dinner prep - some can't, so keep it tidy.
  • STAY CALM. The viewing process can be quite grim. Lots of people traipsing round your home and giving you a list of reasons why they don't like it. FUN. But like Lady Gaga said, it just takes that one person in the room...
  • SEE EVERYTHING. If you too are looking for a new home, then be open minded at seeing as many different types of properties as you can, especially at the start - then you can begin to whittle down your criteria. Different areas, projects, or types of houses might tickle your pickle more than you first thought.

AFTER
  • BE ON IT. Once an offer is accepted, here is where things go into overdrive (or not!). And in both cases you just want to be on it. Being a pest without being annoying is the aim here and I cannot tell you how many DM's I've had from people saying that they had to message the estate agent/their legal team everyday to get things over the finish line.
  • TIME TO PACK. We left ourselves four full days to pack and although I'm sure it would have been better to pack a little everyday over the period of a month or so, that just didn't work with our schedule - so all in one it was! Whatever you decide, just leave yourselves enough time. Four days for a two person, two bed flat was just about right.
  • BE CUTE. You love your old home right? So give the new owners a warm welcome. When we arrived at our place the old owners left a card and it was so lovely to read. This time round we left some flowers and some booze. Leave it clean and full of good vibes and be a nice human, you know?

Last edited:
Re-buying stuff for each month/season is not a capsule wardrobe, amirite? I thought a capsule wardrobe was timeless classics that donā€™t ā€˜go out of fashionā€™ and can be dressed up or down.

Reactions: 8
If you canā€™t be arsed proof reading, I canā€™t be arsed reading full stop.
Also she knew it might go on for a little while, would you not go, oh I need a winter coat...

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.