The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with her keeping the baby and all birth details offline. But to me that’s a matter of principle. So I wouldn’t then refer to Jenn Im, who apparently does talk about the birth in more detail. That way, she’s still kind of promoting that type of content. Just not her own.
I watched Jenn Ims video cause I was curious what the birth similarities would’ve been, basically long labour + epidural + vaginal delivery if anyone was wondering

Reactions: 19
She can’t have it both ways, imo.
She can’t get to AF to baby stuff to make bank while at the same time acting like she never had a baby. She’s happy enough to use him for links to make coin, but won’t show the odd picture of him or feature him in her life. Either stay the same course you always were and don’t mention baby things at all, or do and feature him a bit because otherwise it’s weird and shows a blatant disregard for those who have thus far invested in your life. The life you have AF’d the arse end out of and made great money from. She wants it both ways.. to make money from linking products to vulnerable mothers, but keeping the luxury of having her baby separate from her online life. She needs to pick a lane. She’s as shrewd as any of them. Her goofy smile doesn’t fool me.

She used to have a personality online. She has really scaled it back recently and I’m not even sure what she has to offer anymore only linking to oversized unflattering clothes and awful shoes. She’s phoning it in and she knows it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
She can’t have it both ways, imo.
She can’t get to AF to baby stuff to make bank while at the same time acting like she never had a baby. She’s happy enough to use him for links to make coin, but won’t show the odd picture of him or feature him in her life. Either stay the same course you always were and don’t mention baby things at all, or do and feature him a bit because otherwise it’s weird and shows a blatant disregard for those who have thus far invested in your life. The life you have AF’d the arse end out of and made great money from. She wants it both ways.. to make money from linking products to vulnerable mothers, but keeping the luxury of having her baby separate from her online life. She needs to pick a lane. She’s as shrewd as any of them. Her goofy smile doesn’t fool me.
Anna being cloyingly "nice" is her Influencer persona full stop. One of their friends had said who Anna is on YT is different than who she is in real life (I forgot who it was but i think it was mentioned in a podcast). Anna views her persona as her job (which yes is grossly insulting to everyone who has a legit job that barely pays a livable wage) hence since she got pregnant she fuddled the timeline and took so much time off b/c I think Anna does tread on tattle BUT on Lily's boards. I do think Anna and Lily have an agreement of sorts to lurk on each other's boards so they won't look on their own for their mental health. Anna saw what happened to Lily (no doubt she heard it from Lily as well) and how Lily's influencer gravy train never fully recovered to what it was after having Grey. Hence Anna posting herself in leather trousers and luxury designer bags, she's desperate to not follow in Lily's footsteps.

I say that they go on each other's boards b/c I've noticed for suggestions made on this board, Lily will somehow not incorporate it but give a nod to it. Also the way Anna from her pregnancy to now, the only thing I can think of that made her make that hard line between her work and private life is what she's read on Lily's boards. It's as though Anna saw the feedback and was terrified of losing those Waitrose/Net-a-porter/Arket sponsorships/gifts hence why we're seeing what we're seeing now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think it’s only normal to come back from maternity leave and pick up where you left off. No need to include the baby too much. And yes, she’ll probably affiliate link a bunch of stuff, but I think it will be no different from for example showing a gift she buys for her mum or a friend, without showing mum or the friend.

Reactions: 21
I think it’s only normal to come back from maternity leave and pick up where you left off. No need to include the baby too much. And yes, she’ll probably affiliate link a bunch of stuff, but I think it will be no different from for example showing a gift she buys for her mum or a friend, without showing mum or the friend.
This! I agree with Nova so much. Lots of influencers link to things they never bought or tried themselves, "here as a link to a blouse similar to mine that you all liked", "my trousers are currently out of stock but these look alike and are from a brand that's affordable" :rolleyes: I don't think it would be particularly unauthentic of Anna to mention and try to make money off the baby stuff without showing the baby, Anna's "brand" hasn't been authentic for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Where comes the assumption from Anna will act as if she was never pregnant or has no child? I mean, she has shown her bump, talked about pregnancy and made a “gave birth, that’s the baby, I feel good” video. That’s exactly what everyone does and than they go back to work. Or in Anna’s case, AL everything she can think of, post unflattering photos, make really lame YT content and sent out newsletters full of errors.
Why would she show or talk about Ralph in a fashion video? She could mention different needs or priorities but if she is happy to wear the same unflattering stuff than before there is no need. Or when she paints her face in all shades of beige, yellow and orange.

Most people don’t want to be spammed with baby content all the time, neither by colleagues nor YT channels. If they do, they talk to people that are happy to share or watch pregnancy/mummy channels. I feel people actually want to see more of her baby, which is a bit weird? Why so interested in a baby, you don’t know and who’s parents you honestly don’t really know as well?????

*I love baby and pregnancy content BUT I would never think it strange or hypocritical if people don’t show anything? I don’t see weekly photos or get developmental updates on my colleagues or the shopping assistant (which is more what Anna is) babies but still get recommendations.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Of course it's good, I am maybe a little surprised, I expected her skin to look a little younger (she uses good skincare, eats veggies and fruit, drinks water, exercises - occasionally but still, so doing all the right things). I am a couple of years older than her and started noticing lines on my forehead and tiny lines around my eyes more and more lately so I suppose I am noticing these things in others more?
I noticed a change in my skin after pregnancy and then x months of breastfeeding when you can’t use retinol and the skin might be too sensitive for many other active ingredients. I suppose Anna had to stop using many of her products too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
IMG_20211108_102156.jpg

What in the everloving duck????

Looks like she's pulling her trousers at the back, they are probably too big or don't fit her well. This abomination is followed by two AFL stories.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Anyone want to calculate the cost of this outfit? The trench alone costs a whopping €770!

Screenshot_20211108-093234_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
View attachment 853482

Looks like she's pulling her trousers at the back, they are probably too big or don't fit her well. This abomination is followed by two AFL stories.
Ah I see, the Lizzie Hadfield way of dressing. The dullest, insanely expensive clothes with no shape unless you pose. She looks like Michael Scott from the waist down for duck's sake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
The way her trousers fall on her shoes remind me of that meme "if your lawyer's shoes look like this you're going to jail".

• Haha
Reactions: 60
When the trousers are so expensive why not get them tailored so they are the perfect length or is this just for the photo and af and it will be sent back

Reactions: 19
I have never heard people go on about birth dates like I have on these Tattle threads. My husband and I both started school at 4, turning 5 in the first month of school. This means we started uni at 17 as well, even if it was only for a few weeks until we turned 18. Our children were also born in the summer. We’re all the youngest of our peer groups. It has never, ever been something I’ve considered as a mom or just a human. I think it doesn’t matter about the age but the kid’s developmental milestones - it’s stupid to think about this for conceiving because you don’t know how the kid will be! It makes more sense to plan around your work schedule, something Lily obviously did not do. She’s going to miss out on the majority of her annual income over the November and December months.

Her skin looks awful, been saying it for ages😎 Her makeup is applied so badly here, and the wrong shade for her skin.

Her skin looks awful, been saying it for ages😎 Her makeup is applied so badly here, and the wrong shade for her skin. Beauty guru who?
In the UK children start school at four.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 853482

God I hate those trousers. They look like the kind of thing people have to wear at jobs with uniforms where the standard uniform sizes are not ever quite right.

Also how is the trench so creased?! I am not one to iron, but I also thought that trenches usually didn’t wrinkle which was one of their benefits?

On the Dear Frances boots - I like the style a lot but I agree with whoever said it looks like she’s got sand stuck to the soles. I was thinking cat litter. I just think if you saw them on the street you’d think it was a mistake, so it’s not really good fAsHiOn.

Oh also - I have a friend that started Uni right after his 17th birthday (he’s Scottish) and he managed just fine. The only downside was not being able to drink legally in pubs and such.

Reactions: 16
View attachment 853482
She should have them taken up, they're too long so the whole silhouette looks wrong. They're nice classic trouser but with something as simple, you need the right length for that clean/simple visual impact. But she'll probably resell them so maybe that's why she won't take them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
In the UK children start school at four.
In the Netherlands you also start the moment you turn 4 (they don’t wait until the next school year starts, so everyone is just as young when starting school, new kids are constantly starting throughout the year), but I don’t see how that should be an issue for August babies.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Re Ralph's age, I think he looks about 8 weeks possibly in her video so that seems to fit with what she's said, I for once don't think she's lied about that!

Reactions: 3
Yeah, I'd call a "good post day" any day on which I receive shitload of feebies in makeup and skincare, too🙄
And dear Lord she's made a "new parent gift guide" ... I don't think she's ever been this money hungry. Five AFL since this morning and god knows how many in that gift guide no one asked for.
ETA: great way to beg for stuff, Lily is taking notes

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.