The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So how old do y'all think the kid is? Anyone want to take an educated guess? Three months? 😬
I have a new nibling born at the end of August and would say Ralph looks older - but it’s anyone‘s guess. What I am surprised about is that Anna, Queen of Organisation and Planning, potentially didn’t think about the educational issues around having a late summer baby. If he was born before the end of August then he’s going to be very, very young for his school year.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been out of it for some time but curious about the lies. Any examples please?
Let's see...There was a newsletter where Anna spoke about her dream of having a house with a big garden 'one day.' She spoke of this as a somewhat unattainable dream...in the same week that they completed on their house - with a big garden.

There was a lot of deception surrounding her pregnancy such as saying she was on her period in a video (someone worked out she was actually pregnant when she said this). There was also that time when she bought a couple of pairs of £200 jeans four sizes bigger so that people wouldn't figure out she was pregnant as she was still fitting into her 'regular' jeans. I don't blame her for trying to keep her pregnancy under wraps - but seems to get a kick out of trying to deceive her audience. She gets a real kick out of lying and thinking that she's *giggle* clever.

I'm sure there's more too - if anyone wants to add.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I have a new nibling born at the end of August and would say Ralph looks older - but it’s anyone‘s guess. What I am surprised about is that Anna, Queen of Organisation and Planning, potentially didn’t think about the educational issues around having a late summer baby. If he was born before the end of August then he’s going to be very, very young for his school year.
I personally think it’s an advantage to be young for your school year. Gives you some time later on in life for gap years, etc. My brother is 29 August. Ideal.

Reactions: 9
Catching up and sorry if out of topic, the baby is super adorable and made me happy lol
At least, she made maternity sounds " a choice" she is happy with not a chore contrary to Lily.
Lily being the first person to comment is just " try hard"
It is typical Anna but she was super polite and grateful and seemed aware of her priviledge all in all...
Why is Anna so orange?

Reactions: 11
Yep she’s done right by keeping her son off socials for the most part - 100% agree. Still don’t think it’s ok to merch products on the odd occasion she does post the back of his head wearing a beanie for example. Obviously those pics will get more engagement purely from curiosity so to add in making money on those posts is questionable.

I respect Lily’s openness with motherhood topics (body image, dressing for pregnant/post baby body, and some child related content). It’s sad that she’s taken some hits for her life evolving and including those changes in her content but that’s the price one pays when you make a career out of sharing your life online -that’s my opinion.

Anna said she’d do one blog post this week and then maybe include a small baby section in her monthly favourites but then that’s it for mother/baby content. She won’t be including anything else going forward. Seems strange to me as that is a part of her life 🤷🏼‍♀️ Would be difficult to hide it especially during day in the life vlogs.

Can just see Anna leaving baby Ralph with her parents on filming days, rushing home to clean, tidy and hide every bit of baby evidence around the house, then jumping into a full day of filming style/baking/home decor vlogs in her perfectly curated home - because she’s just such an organized Virgo. Hope that won’t be the case but I guess time will tell.

Reactions: 9
I agree with her keeping the baby and all birth details offline. But to me that’s a matter of principle. So I wouldn’t then refer to Jenn Im, who apparently does talk about the birth in more detail. That way, she’s still kind of promoting that type of content. Just not her own.

I don’t think it will be difficult for her to keep the baby offline. She’ll just have either daycare or grandparents, like any other working person with a baby.

Reactions: 14
If anybody here is old enough to remember the Judy Blume book ‘Forever’, you’ll know that the name Ralph has a whole other meaning lol

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I agree with her keeping the baby and all birth details offline. But to me that’s a matter of principle. So I wouldn’t then refer to Jenn Im, who apparently does talk about the birth in more detail. That way, she’s still kind of promoting that type of content. Just not her own.

I don’t think it will be difficult for her to keep the baby offline. She’ll just have either daycare or grandparents, like any other working person with a baby.
Well, Jen has her delivery out there on yt….
I actually don’t think Anna will never mention Ralph or act as if he doesn’t exist. She will very probably not do baby centred content though. So no must have baby items, no three month update, no interview with my 5 year old, no vlog visiting Santa…..
Or she will try- I can see her giving in if she gets more offers for baby content and no for her regular stuff. We haven’t gotten regular/weekly vlogs with actual interesting footage of them doing cool stuff in quite some time. She can easily still do capsule wardrobe, grwm, ootw, new products she loves (to shill/link), cooking/baking, renovation stuff without putting her child front and centre. Or going back into working out, trying new restaurants when Ralph is happy being babysitted. She will very probably not talk much about him in those sit down videos (or at all) and mention him every time when it’s more of a vlogging style vid.
I don’t think that’s hypocritical even at this point. Ever since her rebrand, Anna has taken her personality out of the equation. We get The Anna Edit, not the woman who started out being obsessed with make up and showing what she really likes and does. It’s pure business with just a bit private stuff sprinkled in because she needs it to maintain her current size.
If she follows through and doesn’t show him on her channels and doesn’t use him as content, that’s actually really great.
I do wonder though, if trying to stay out of the mummy bracket will work out for her. Her content wasn’t exactly stellar and inspirational since shortly after rebranding. Pure business, sadly means less personality and if it’s not extremely high quality and on trend your don’t gain much new people but loose the old ones. I think there is a massive group of short time followers (3m-2y) that’s ever changing.

Mark should get all those ridiculous photos from the last 4 years deleted and stay out of the vlogs. That will make it easier to join the regular work environment when her channel doesn’t pay the bills anymore. On the other hand, maybe they made some smart investments and her money is already working for them, generating more money.

Reactions: 20
The only thing I respect about Anna was she will avoid featuring her baby in the future. Anna never mentioned her baby's birthday nor his full name (she doesn't mention if he has a middle name) which is a smart thing to do to try to avoid having his identity being stolen. Identity theft is more rampant than ppl think hence why you shouldn't overshare even on IG regardless if your account is private or not as it's still under the Facebook corp umbrella.

Anna is also trying to avoid what happened to Lily by not featuring baby/mummy content. Lily's content that does well nowadays is her baby stuff only (not even her reno's are doing the numbers it used to) hence why her vlogs do the best (and she hates and resents that fact - she said this on her podcast). Anna absolutely does not want the beauty/fashion sponsorships to dry up - she's a brand snob and can't go back to Whistles now that she's in Net-A-Porter income range.

Anna said she'd mention her favourite baby stuff in her next video and I'm sure she'll make reference of her body and mention her baby in passing but I thought by now ppl know that all influencers are a lifestyle brand. All of them curate their life that makes it looks most appealing (the biz savy ones understand ppl look at their content for escapism). Influencers and the culture around it are a byproduct of crony capitalism.
I actually would not be surprised if Ralph isn’t even the first name on his birth certificate and is in fact his middle name or a nickname. She seems private and secretive (only think I respect her for) a lot of these muppet influencers divulge every detail on their child I’m surprised they manage to resist reciting their national insurance number 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She grinds my gears big time, but as I expected, Anna is already being more positive, upbeat, genuinely delighted and contented about having the baby. Lily never has been. Lily will be spitting nails that Anna’s birth story wasn’t as traumatic as hers. It’s such a shame Lily can’t see the joy. And it’s about to get even more miserable listening to her moaning after Arti arrives.

Anna’s super annoying, but just now she’s totally overjoyed, which is lovely. And oh my word - the baby is absolutely gorgeous.

• Haha
He will be fine. My youngest is last day of August, and has never struggled at all - he’s 17.

Reactions: 16
I tried to watch the video on invidious because I’m not giving them anymore ad revenue, but I couldn’t make it past 7 minutes. I didn’t realize how aggressively I don’t care about her or her opinions + hacks + organizational tips + etc. since she moved into the new house and lied about so much.

I just don’t trust a single thing out of her lying mouth any longer.

She’s not inspirational, aspirational, the girl next door, or anything else — she’s a liar who actively deceived her viewers and then, as is said above, will not even mention the fact that she’s a mumin her videos ?

Every time she shared Something in the first 7 minutes I keep thinking / asking myself : how do I know you’re not lying? How can I trust your recommendations on anything?

Anyway — I’m out FOR GOOD with Anna.
Interesting, in this video she actually admitted to lying about something. It was so boring I can’t remember what it was tho!

I also think it’s good to keep his birthday date and image offline, however she’s a lifestyle blogger - and she actively made the switch to that from just beauty, deciding to cover cooking, packing, gardening, etc. She’s not stylish enough to be a fashion influencer and the USP she’s going for on that angle is ridiculous - nobody who can afford that kind of stuff is looking to her, of all people, for style tips. She looks awful and frumpy, the leather pants are hideous on her and those boots are atrocious. I love the chunky boot look but not those, and not that price tag. I have a pair of Barbour and another pair of Docs that are both good quality and together didn’t costs as much as those. I specifically hate these Dear Frances boots because it looks like there’s sand on the sole.

She’s got a house to reno, which she’s covered really, really badly so far, and now she’s got a baby but she’s not going to share content related to that- the biggest part of her life. I do think I she could do mum content without showing him, but to not address that she’s a mum very often doesn’t seem feasible. I don’t see how she’s going to reconcile this in a strategic way. I also think it’s super dishonest, inauthentic and just weird to AL baby stuff but not address the elephant in the room. This video was such a non-video. It was for brands, not for her audience.

Reactions: 18
I respect Anna’s approach with not sharing Ralph in vlogs but it really aggravated me when she did a q+a with questions about her birth and recovery and said to go watch Jenn Im’s videos on this topic to learn about hers. Being a lifestyle influencer Anna is literally her brand. If I wanted to hear about Jenn’s birth story I would go watch Jenn’s video. Obviously people who are a fan of Anna’s came to hear about her experience. As usual she managed to give a response with zero substance or detail. Why bother even answering it.

I loved Anna a few years ago. She was still a fake internet persona but she made great fashion,food, fitness and home content. Now I expect we’ll be stuck with the same overpriced sweaters and daily makeup routine. She might even have less to offer now. Her whole day is Ralph and by taking him out of it entirely (including mention of being a mum) she’ll have little else to say or time to create. Though before she went on leave all she did was film her five minute makeup routine and show her sad outfit in her empty spare room anyway. A hard day’s work!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
He will be fine. My youngest is last day of August, and has never struggled at all - he’s 17.
I have never heard people go on about birth dates like I have on these Tattle threads. My husband and I both started school at 4, turning 5 in the first month of school. This means we started uni at 17 as well, even if it was only for a few weeks until we turned 18. Our children were also born in the summer. We’re all the youngest of our peer groups. It has never, ever been something I’ve considered as a mom or just a human. I think it doesn’t matter about the age but the kid’s developmental milestones - it’s stupid to think about this for conceiving because you don’t know how the kid will be! It makes more sense to plan around your work schedule, something Lily obviously did not do. She’s going to miss out on the majority of her annual income over the November and December months.

So I might be a witch but Anna looks so orange and a bite crepey next to baby Ralph. (The baby is freaking adorable btw). But it seems that all the expensive skincare that Granna uses, doesn't really do much? She's only in her early thirties 😬

View attachment 851717
Her skin looks awful, been saying it for ages😎 Her makeup is applied so badly here, and the wrong shade for her skin.

So I might be a witch but Anna looks so orange and a bite crepey next to baby Ralph. (The baby is freaking adorable btw). But it seems that all the expensive skincare that Granna uses, doesn't really do much? She's only in her early thirties 😬

View attachment 851717
Her skin looks awful, been saying it for ages😎 Her makeup is applied so badly here, and the wrong shade for her skin. Beauty guru who?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t think giving birth has anything to do with lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Christ, you guys are right. I bet his name isn’t even Ralph.

She looked way more fresh faced when she embraced her rosier complexion rather than using foundations far too yellow for her.
Oh, those lips are botoxed, right?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The weird sole Dear Frances boots were gifted to her some time back. I remember because she was trying *desperately* to get another pair gifted to her (I think the Park boots), and kept incessantly mentioning she wanted them on insta and vlogs. So I found it hilarious when they did eventually gift her something (while seemingly gifting the likes of Lizzy Hadfield and Emma Hill whatever they wanted) and it was these boots that she hadn't wanted :LOL: It really didn't sound like she had chosen them, and nor do they really fit in with her style.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.