The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna's jumpers tucked into her jeans reminds me of a teenage Aled Jones on a 1980's Christmas Top of the Pops. Anna, it's not chic or stylish. Please untuck them.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sheā€™ll be posting today because Lily let that slip in her vlog

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh the cringe.. they both think that the internet will shut doen if they're both out at the same time..
00E90255-BE41-405D-BA4F-04D66450C72F.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Rich looked so worn out in that vlog. Genuinely a bit worried about him after baby arrives.

At least he can spend a day or two just with Grey while Lily is in hospital!

ETA. Whoops sorry, wrong thread. Even L and A seem to think they are interchangeable though so I won't worry about it too much!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
New video is up. Baby Ralph is seriously the cutest! Too bad he's all Mark and will probs grow up to be a perv who spies on his neighbours.
The rest of the video she says is baby q&a and that's where I noped out so haven't much else to share.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I hate squishy muchy with big cheeks babies cause they make me go all swoony and want to have ten of them all for myself!!! He's freakin adoooorable ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
"And that obviously doesn't help when your body has just gone through a major major moment"
I can't believe she called child birth "a major moment" like that šŸ˜‚

Ralph is adorable!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ralph is gorgeous! So squidgy.

Back to annoying Anna. That clip on mic she wears really bugs me. Babe. Itā€™s just YouTube šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think that she had a pretty long and hard labor and not an easy birth at all. But she's choosing to talk about it in a very positive way and I like that. If I had to choose between Lilly and Anna's way of seing things, it's Anna all the way!
(am I fangirling??? it's the cute baby's fault!!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Anna happy to take the baton a.k.a I will take all the aff links in the run up to Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Ralph is gorgeous!

Laughing at all the Anna cliches she used to describe birth ā€œoh my word, birth was a moment, a real birth situationā€. She did a Q&A but actually didnā€™t say much at all or really answer any questions.

Her approach to her channel is interesting - very clearly signalling to brands that sheā€™s not a ā€œmummy vloggerā€ and I do respect her for keeping her child offline. sheā€™s very much trying to remove her life and personality from her brand.

Reactions: 33
Yup, that baby is ALL Mark. He's a cute baby, of course, I'm just saying he's fair-haired and definitely takes after Mark in that respect rather than Anna.
Mark thought of the name Ralph. There is no family significance etc. to it - it's just a name he/they liked.
There won't be a whole lot of baby content in her videos going forward.
She says to go watch Jenn Im's vidoes if you want to know her birth story/recovery as their stories are really similar. Anna doesn't get into details but she said her labour was quite long.
She said she found sharing stuff about her pregnancy made her feel really vulnerable and every time she shared something she felt she wanted to take it back (hence the disappearing first trimester video, I guess). Doesn't sound like she'll be sharing a lot of 'mum stuff' going forward.
She won't feature Ralph much and this is to protect him. He didn't ask to be shared online with the world. Good call, Anna! I'm glad she's doing this especially having seen how other influencers are using their newborn babies for ads etc (Jim Chapman).

Reactions: 56
Has Lily left a supportive message on her friends video yet?

Reactions: 5
Her baby is very cute and I was actually surprised she featured him so much in her video. Was expecting a photo or a very short clip at the most. I agree with her stance on keeping her son off socials. Donā€™t mind that she doesnā€™t share his face on such a huge platform, especially as heā€™s so young. I donā€™t like that sheā€™s already attaching affiliate links to his clothes etc. She should be all in with not exposing her child to social media imo.

Iā€™m actually really annoyed with how she ended the video.

Saying youā€™re ā€œbackā€ to your job as a lifestyle content creator and sharing home based content that pays enough for you and your husband to not have full time ā€œtraditionalā€ employment, but then also saying youā€™re going to essentially hide the biggest and most demanding aspect of your life doesnā€™t make sense to me. How can she work promoting a lifestyle but not address the topics of parenting and motherhood on her channels? I wouldā€™ve expected her to have maybe 1 video a month talking abit about products/techniques or something related to childcare, just to stay relevant and relatable. I donā€™t have children so I would probably skip them but it would still be interesting to follow her journey.

To me, completely ignoring a massive chunk of her life and pretending it doesnā€™t exist at all online, is not an example of an authentic content creator. She has, in essence turned herself into a lifestyle brand (ie: writing an organizational self-help book, promoting organizing hacks, sharing style tips, make up/skincare routines and recipes) but now she will shy away from sharing anything to do with parenthood or childcare?
Iā€™ve lost the little faith and respect I had in her content as this just screams more interest in making money than actually creating honest, relatable connections with your audience.

Reactions: 31
Her baby is very cute and I was actually surprised she featured him so much in her video. Was expecting a photo or a very short clip at the most. I agree with her stance on keeping her son off socials. Donā€™t mind that she doesnā€™t share his face on such a huge platform, especially as heā€™s so young. I donā€™t like that sheā€™s already attaching affiliate links to his clothes etc. She should be all in with not exposing her child to social media imo.

Iā€™m actually really annoyed with how she ended the video.

Saying youā€™re ā€œbackā€ to your job as a lifestyle content creator and sharing home based content that pays enough for you and your husband to not have full time ā€œtraditionalā€ employment, but then also saying youā€™re going to essentially hide the biggest and most demanding aspect of your life doesnā€™t make sense to me. How can she work promoting a lifestyle but not address the topics of parenting and motherhood on her channels? I wouldā€™ve expected her to have maybe 1 video a month talking abit about products/techniques or something related to childcare, just to stay relevant and relatable. I donā€™t have children so I would probably skip them but it would still be interesting to follow her journey.

To me, completely ignoring a massive chunk of her life and pretending it doesnā€™t exist at all online, is not an example of an authentic content creator. She has, in essence turned herself into a lifestyle brand (ie: writing an organizational self-help book, promoting organizing hacks, sharing style tips, make up/skincare routines and recipes) but now she will shy away from sharing anything to do with parenthood or childcare?
Iā€™ve lost the little faith and respect I had in her content as this just screams more interest in making money than actually creating honest, relatable connections with your audience.
Yes to all of this. Youā€™ve eloquently explained exactly how I felt when I heard the spiel at the end of the video. I totally agree with her keeping him offline, but not referencing the fact sheā€™s a mum at all is just so inauthentic.

Reactions: 19
I tried to watch the video on invidious because Iā€™m not giving them anymore ad revenue, but I couldnā€™t make it past 7 minutes. I didnā€™t realize how aggressively I donā€™t care about her or her opinions + hacks + organizational tips + etc. since she moved into the new house and lied about so much.

I just donā€™t trust a single thing out of her lying mouth any longer.

Sheā€™s not inspirational, aspirational, the girl next door, or anything else ā€” sheā€™s a liar who actively deceived her viewers and then, as is said above, will not even mention the fact that sheā€™s a mumin her videos ?

Every time she shared Something in the first 7 minutes I keep thinking / asking myself : how do I know youā€™re not lying? How can I trust your recommendations on anything?

Anyway ā€” Iā€™m out FOR GOOD with Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She's shilled anything and everything, especially since she moved, I hope a lot of people are catching on how inauthentic she is. Can't trust a word she says. If everything's "oh my word amazing", nothing is...

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.