The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I might be a witch but Anna looks so orange and a bite crepey next to baby Ralph. (The baby is freaking adorable btw). But it seems that all the expensive skincare that Granna uses, doesn't really do much? She's only in her early thirties šŸ˜¬

1636287274400.png

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
So how old do y'all think the kid is? Anyone want to take an educated guess? Three months? šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I tried to watch the video on invidious because Iā€™m not giving them anymore ad revenue, but I couldnā€™t make it past 7 minutes. I didnā€™t realize how aggressively I donā€™t care about her or her opinions + hacks + organizational tips + etc. since she moved into the new house and lied about so much.

I just donā€™t trust a single thing out of her lying mouth any longer.

Sheā€™s not inspirational, aspirational, the girl next door, or anything else ā€” sheā€™s a liar who actively deceived her viewers and then, as is said above, will not even mention the fact that sheā€™s a mumin her videos ?

Every time she shared Something in the first 7 minutes I keep thinking / asking myself : how do I know youā€™re not lying? How can I trust your recommendations on anything?

Anyway ā€” Iā€™m out FOR GOOD with Anna.
Iā€™ve been out of it for some time but curious about the lies. Any examples please?

Reactions: 10
So I might be a witch but Anna looks so orange and a bite crepey next to baby Ralph. (The baby is freaking adorable btw). But it seems that all the expensive skincare that Granna uses, doesn't really do much? She's only in her early thirties šŸ˜¬

View attachment 851717
Yes was wondering what was happening there. Think itā€™s good to keep in mind with all the self tanner and bad shade match make up she uses to remember when posing next to her own child she should at least have a similar shade foundationā€¦ šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 16
Iā€™ve been out of it for some time but curious about the lies. Any examples please?
Iā€™m not sure about the whole lying thing so canā€™t speak on that. I do know that a lot of people were pretty miffed when she sprung the ā€œsurprise weā€™re movingā€ video on everyone, especially as they had already (or were just about to) move in with her parents by the time the video went up. And it turned out that the whole thing had been in the works for months but she had carried on in her vlogs as though everything was normal for a long time - strategically placing boxes out of shots, which she admitted to later on.

Honestly didnā€™t phase me then but now with her wanting to edit her child out of her online persona (excuse the pun), Iā€™m looking at that situation with a different opinion. No one is asking that she share every part of her private life but at least be honest and open with your audience as she has made business out of her lifestyle - she calls herself the ā€œAnna Editā€ after allā€¦.

Reactions: 15
Ffs Anna, do your business a favour and stop INCLUDING mark. We didnā€™t sign up for him!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
He looks quite wide eyed and alert so I would think closer to three months than two, but Iā€™m no expert.
I've been away from this thread for a while. What was the lying about?

I'm happily childfree so quite happy she isn't becoming a mummy influencer though I agree it will be inauthentic. I live close to her so my favourite content is when she gets out of the house to go to new restaurants.

Cringing hard about how much Anna and Lily think they are missed when offline.

Reactions: 15
I love the boots šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Are any of you into fashion? Because it often doesnā€™t seem like it šŸ¤£
Love them too! Sheā€™s had them for almost 2 years, I think.

- - -

I disagree that she canā€™t be authentic not really involving the baby. That makes no sense to me. She can show her lifestyle the way she leads her life, which in her case, now includes a baby. I donā€™t see how that makes a difference when choosing blush or baking cookies. We watch influencers and really only take from it what applies to us anyway. Why would that be so different? Colleagues at work show up with makeup on their faces and new outfits too, and for many of them, I have no idea if they even have children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
So how old do y'all think the kid is? Anyone want to take an educated guess? Three months? šŸ˜¬
Itā€™s really hard to tell. They develop so individually, the range is quite wide. I would guess a good three months, but he could also be a big, alert eight week old baby.
re: I think itā€™s good to see her real skin for a change. People have gotten a very warped view about how skin actually looks like. Even without filters- the sheer amount of make up those influencers wear completely conceal how their skin really looks.

Reactions: 12
re: I think itā€™s good to see her real skin for a change. People have gotten a very warped view about how skin actually looks like. Even without filters- the sheer amount of make up those influencers wear completely conceal how their skin really looks.
Of course it's good, I am maybe a little surprised, I expected her skin to look a little younger (she uses good skincare, eats veggies and fruit, drinks water, exercises - occasionally but still, so doing all the right things). I am a couple of years older than her and started noticing lines on my forehead and tiny lines around my eyes more and more lately so I suppose I am noticing these things in others more?

Reactions: 5
Of course it's good, I am maybe a little surprised, I expected her skin to look a little younger (she uses good skincare, eats veggies and fruit, drinks water, exercises - occasionally but still, so doing all the right things). I am a couple of years older than her and started noticing lines on my forehead and tiny lines around my eyes more and more lately so I suppose I am noticing these things in others more?
Sheā€™s also just had a baby so not sure her skin care will be as top notch as it would have been plus sheā€™ll be very tired šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ she has always looked older and I think sheā€™s had Botox previously that she wouldnā€™t have been able to get recently? So that could explain a lot of it

Reactions: 5
Sheā€™s also just had a baby so not sure her skin care will be as top notch as it would have been plus sheā€™ll be very tired šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ she has always looked older and I think sheā€™s had Botox previously that she wouldnā€™t have been able to get recently? So that could explain a lot of it
She chose to return now. She didnā€™t have to. She thinks she looks good.

Reactions: 7
I mean if you lived with markā€¦. Youā€™d think you were hot tit šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ especially given how much she idolises him

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her baby is very cute and I was actually surprised she featured him so much in her video. Was expecting a photo or a very short clip at the most. I agree with her stance on keeping her son off socials. Donā€™t mind that she doesnā€™t share his face on such a huge platform, especially as heā€™s so young. I donā€™t like that sheā€™s already attaching affiliate links to his clothes etc. She should be all in with not exposing her child to social media imo.

Iā€™m actually really annoyed with how she ended the video.

Saying youā€™re ā€œbackā€ to your job as a lifestyle content creator and sharing home based content that pays enough for you and your husband to not have full time ā€œtraditionalā€ employment, but then also saying youā€™re going to essentially hide the biggest and most demanding aspect of your life doesnā€™t make sense to me. How can she work promoting a lifestyle but not address the topics of parenting and motherhood on her channels? I wouldā€™ve expected her to have maybe 1 video a month talking abit about products/techniques or something related to childcare, just to stay relevant and relatable. I donā€™t have children so I would probably skip them but it would still be interesting to follow her journey.

To me, completely ignoring a massive chunk of her life and pretending it doesnā€™t exist at all online, is not an example of an authentic content creator. She has, in essence turned herself into a lifestyle brand (ie: writing an organizational self-help book, promoting organizing hacks, sharing style tips, make up/skincare routines and recipes) but now she will shy away from sharing anything to do with parenthood or childcare?
Iā€™ve lost the little faith and respect I had in her content as this just screams more interest in making money than actually creating honest, relatable connections with your audience.

The only thing I respect about Anna was she will avoid featuring her baby in the future. Anna never mentioned her baby's birthday nor his full name (she doesn't mention if he has a middle name) which is a smart thing to do to try to avoid having his identity being stolen. Identity theft is more rampant than ppl think hence why you shouldn't overshare even on IG regardless if your account is private or not as it's still under the Facebook corp umbrella.

Anna is also trying to avoid what happened to Lily by not featuring baby/mummy content. Lily's content that does well nowadays is her baby stuff only (not even her reno's are doing the numbers it used to) hence why her vlogs do the best (and she hates and resents that fact - she said this on her podcast). Anna absolutely does not want the beauty/fashion sponsorships to dry up - she's a brand snob and can't go back to Whistles now that she's in Net-A-Porter income range.

Anna said she'd mention her favourite baby stuff in her next video and I'm sure she'll make reference of her body and mention her baby in passing but I thought by now ppl know that all influencers are a lifestyle brand. All of them curate their life that makes it looks most appealing (the biz savy ones understand ppl look at their content for escapism). Influencers and the culture around it are a byproduct of crony capitalism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I think she looks very much like every other mum in the baby stage skin wise. Or even very much like most 30 year olds. Of course your skin looks better with make up with good light from further away. I think there are actually very few people at 30 that have no lines or no visible poresā€¦
Maybe when you are freshly windswept or after working out/sweating when the face is a bit rosy and puffed up. Most just look their age and itā€™s fine

Reactions: 19
Both Anna and Lily look older than they are. Lily has aged rapidly since having Grey. As for Anna, her forehead lines have been quite visible for a few years now (I always notice these things!) and I've always thought that Anna looks older than she is (especially considering all the very expensive skincare she uses). Mark has also aged quite rapidly in the past few years.

Reactions: 16
Both Anna and Lily look older than they are. Lily has aged rapidly since having Grey. As for Anna, her forehead lines have been quite visible for a few years now (I always notice these things!) and I've always thought that Anna looks older than she is (especially considering all the very expensive skincare she uses). Mark has also aged quite rapidly in the past few years.
Expensive skincare isn't enough. That's why the night time routines esp celeb ones are now just pure marketing/PR to milk their fans. All those celebs or ppl with amazing skin in their mid 30s and older are due to genetics (a big factor), estheticians/cosmetic dermatologists (many of them get facials/treatments on a biweekly basis and certain procedures every few mos) and then diet/lifestyle. If they were honest about all the things they get done they wouldn't be able to sell anything and that's the point. They only discuss their skincare routines to sell something.

It doesn't mean ordinary/average ppl can't have nice skin they can but they need to adjust their expectations. If they're expecting a bottle of la mer (and nothing else) to give you J.Lo's face well, they are in for a rude and expensive awakening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.