The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t say classic 😂😂 this takes the bleeping biscuit. Nev Schulman would have a jaysus heart attack listening to this
I guess I listen to too many fucked up podcasts and watch too many weird documentaries so nothing really shocks me anymore.
Trust no one and never claim to be in a relationship until you physically meet them!
You can be anyone you want on the Internet!

Reactions: 10
Are those their real accents? lol.
Sounds like some horny hurlers got duped and we have to endure a 2 series podcast to resuscitate RTE future “prospects” careers.

Cancel culture or identity exposure can have some serious consequences - hope those involved have friends rallying around.
Clearly some unusual behaviours that need some professional intervention for all involved.
Anyone who is defending or feeling like this absolute fruitcake is the victims i can only assume has made fake profiles in the past and think it's ok to manipulate people 😂

Reactions: 11
No one is defending the person that is responsible for this, they obviously have serious issues and they need help.
This Johnny fella has used it as material for his show and he'll just move on once all the hype has died down and will probably just be more careful who he trusts online going forward.

God only knows the outcome of the person behind all this.

Reactions: 1
SO I just listened to both episodes for the THIRD time and a couple of things jumped out to me that didn't first (or second) time round:

- Johnny B says that "cora" followed him on insta around Christmas time but never messaged him. He DM'd her first. Do we think Nikki was hoping he would DM her based purely on her looks/photos once she followed him or would she have initiated contact at some stage?
-Cora/Nikki only followed Johnny B on insta at Christmas time but Johnny says over the course of messaging it comes to light that "Cora" sent in a story to the podcast in the past and it was read out from "C from Limerick". He doesn't say when the story came in to the podcast put it sounds like it was sometime in the past. Was she playing a seriously long-game in catfishing Johnny B, setting the groundwork, sending in correspondence to the podcast months (or years??) prior and legitimising her back story as "Cora from Limerick"??
My guesses would be that Cora would have eventually wrote to him first, as she has done in the past with others!

The lads always ask people to send in their stories and the more ridiculous the story the better chance of it being told. I imagine Niamh wanted to send in a story and didn't want to use her real name so changed it to Cora.

No one is defending the person that is responsible for this, they obviously have serious issues and they need help.
This Johnny fella has used it as material for his show and he'll just move on once all the hype has died down and will probably just be more careful who he trusts online going forward.

Sorry now but you have defended the person responsible every time you have blamed the 40 odd lads she did this to!

Yes Johnny has told his story but if he didn't Nosey I mean Pyscho Niamh would be doing this for another 10 years and God knows how far she would take it!

Perhaps Niamh shouldve considered the outcome 10 years ago when she stole another person's pictures and made a fake profile

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Well Niamh really should have thought about that, it's no ones fault but her own.

Sick of seeing this concern for her mental health. If a man was targeting women, stalking the, harassing them, soliciting intimate pictures under false pretences etc not one person would be saying "oh but think of his mental health". What she did was wrong and if a bit of anguish and shame is the only consequence she's getting off easy. Im pretty sure there's a criminal case in this if her victims were to come forward

Reactions: 38
Yeah. This!!! WTF?! It does not compute 🤨🤨

Also, what about Paul messaging Ger (or maybe Brian, can't remember which) after he added the girl from electric picnic on insta?Paul askin who she was? After Cora, Emma and Nikki had all just messaged the girl telling them to stay away. Why would Paul message him askin about a girl he met at EP? It makes no sense unless he's part of it all.

The only explanation i can think of is that he foolishly and naiively thought himself and Emma were the real deal and he was besotted etc and Emma(Niamh) got him to message the lad to find out all about this girl cos Niamhs a psycho.
This is what I don’t get either!!! If my memory serves me they mentioned about the club in America flying the GFs out at the end of the summer and Paul supposedly wanted Emma to come but it fell through. If they were together at that stage why did they care what Ger was at?!

Only guess is Nikki was probs texting Ger as Emma and was fuming when himself and Brian weren’t having a bar of her and Cora towards the end and was bitter?? Wanted to have her cake and eat it too maybe?

Reactions: 4
Well Niamh really should have thought about that, it's no ones fault but her own.

Sick of seeing this concern for her mental health. If a man was targeting women, stalking the, harassing them, soliciting intimate pictures under false pretences etc not one person would be saying "oh but think of his mental health". What she did was wrong and if a bit of anguish and shame is the only consequence she's getting off easy. Im pretty sure there's a criminal case in this if her victims were to come forward
There has been no criminal cases like this in Ireland yet as no laws have been broken.
There was a successful civil case in the UK a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 3
There has been no criminal cases like this in Ireland yet as no laws have been broken.
You’re right, it’s not against the law, but morally it’s indefensible. She was was getting some kinda kick out of it, and as things stand, nowt to stop her, or anyone else, doing it again - wholesale. That’s pretty mad. But without making people produce a passport or something to get an account, there’s no way to stop it.

Reactions: 2
You’re right, it’s not against the law, but morally it’s indefensible. She was was getting some kinda kick out of it, and as things stand, nowt to stop her, or anyone else, doing it again - wholesale. That’s pretty mad. But without making people produce a passport or something to get an account, there’s no way to stop it.
I’m pretty sure if you had the real people who were effectively stalked, the guy she followed into university, the guys she coerced into sending dick pics etc you could make a criminal case 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Stalking & harassment are crimes in Ireland and their have been convictions

I’m pretty sure if you had the real people who were effectively stalked, the guy she followed into university, the guys she coerced into sending dick pics etc you could make a criminal case 🤷‍♀️
A civil case maybe but no criminal charges

Stalking & harassment are crimes in Ireland and their have been convictions
It would be almost impossible to get a conviction for what they have done.

This comment screams "What was she wearing when she got raped what did she expect? Why did she trust that guy? But shur the poor rapist has mental health problems i hope nothing bad happens to him! She will just get over it and move on once the hype has died down"
More extreme scenario but same mentality

Reactions: 15

The woman they had on the podcast explained it so well that people like this if they get away with it for long enough they don't feel guilty anymore because nobody calls them out on it

Reactions: 13
I think (and I’m no solicitor - just seen a lot of Law and Order) that it only breaks the law if you send them on or publish online or if the parties are underage.

Are those their real accents? lol.
Sounds like some horny hurlers got duped and we have to endure a 2 series podcast to resuscitate RTE future “prospects” careers.

Cancel culture or identity exposure can have some serious consequences - hope those involved have friends rallying around.
Clearly some unusual behaviours that need some professional intervention for all involved.
For all involved? 🤨

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.