The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was chatting to potential dates during lockdown and once I invested a couple of days talking to them we then arranged Zoom dates! It's so easy to figure out it someone is legit or not now.
The guy was a silly fool! But it's certainly got people talking and their listener ratings for their podcast has skyrocketed and they are trending on Twitter
I know loads of both women and men who have catfished people, and if you’ve ever used tinder or hinge etc you’d see loads of profiles of people hiding behind other people or even not uploading face pics looking for “one thing”,this is another form of that and if your not used to online or social dating it’s easy to get sucked in esp during the pandemic when everyone was feeling isolated.

I wouldn't say it's a classic catfish story because it had been going on nearly 10 years and with multiple characters and specifically targeting GAA lads. Typical catfish story is more someone targeting 1 specific person they fancy so they'll potentially fall in love with them. That's why this is so bizarre and on a whole other level of lunacy
I’d agree, but I will say the original catfish story, if you have ever seen it, it’s the movie or else the very first episode they did in the states that kicked off the catfish tv show is actually quiet similar to this story, it was an older woman though and she had loads of Facebook profiles. I think this is the first of it’s kind of be publicly shared in Ireland to this scale.

Reactions: 4
The Northern Ireland sports star not involved in Gaa, she attended his brothers funeral which would have happened in the last few years? Would it be Michael Dunlop? His brother William died in 2018 I think, he’s around 32 years old now so he’s in the right age bracket.

of course I’m only speculating

Reactions: 11
I know loads of both women and men who have catfished people, and if you’ve ever used tinder or hinge etc you’d see loads of profiles of people hiding behind other people or even not uploading face pics looking for “one thing”,this is another form of that and if your not used to online or social dating it’s easy to get sucked in esp during the pandemic when everyone was feeling isolated.
I've been online dating on and off for about 7 years so I can spot them straight away now.
But even when I was new to it if they cancelled on me 2 or 3 times in a row last minute I would smell a rat but I don't have much patience and a low tolerance for bullshit with new people so that's on me a guess.
Now once I have established a long relationship with a person all common sense disappears and I have a huge therapy bill as a result!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Northern Ireland sports star not involved in Gaa, she attended his brothers funeral which would have happened in the last few years? Would it be Michael Dunlop? His brother William died in 2018 I think, he’s around 32 years old now so he’s in the right age bracket.

of course I’m only speculating
That sounds a lot more likely than some of the names I've heard, as you said they specify it's a professional sports star so all the GAA names attributed to that story are wrong. I also heard a golfer's son mentioned but the age doesn't and he doesn't have a deceased brother.

What I can’t wrap my head around is football Paul. He was obv in on it sharing pic of Cora and pub but…. Let’s just say he was duped at the beginning ,thought he met this ride Emma told his mates playing the big lad then found out he got catfished .. when did he befriend Niamh and If he found out it was actually Niamh behind the catfishing why not tell her to get fucked , block her and never speak to her again?! He’s either completely harmless or in on it for years !?

Reactions: 8
I'd say Paul was ridin Nikki on the sly and if he played along with this shite she wouldn't tell anyone. So that way he's getting his hole and can pretend to his peers hes got a lasher of a girlfriend

Reactions: 22
... when did he befriend Niamh and If he found out it was actually Niamh behind the catfishing why not tell her to get fucked , block her and never speak to her again?! He’s either completely harmless or in on it for years !?
Yeah this is what I wanna know. I need an honest timeline of events according to Kev please 😂 If Niamh admitted she was behind the Emma account, he's an absolute gobshite for hanging about...UNLESS she had something over him (I.e .nudes) as a few people have suggested might be the case. Or else, he was in it with her from the start. And then he's a crazy twisted bleep just like her.

Reactions: 6
I'd say Paul was ridin Nikki on the sly and if he played along with this shite she wouldn't tell anyone. So that way he's getting his hole and can pretend to his peers hes got a lasher of a girlfriend
Now this makes more sense😅

Reactions: 2
Yes this is very very plausible.

He'd need to be a complete dick (or have some issues himself) though to go along with thon mad one's batshit crazy antics, even if it for the regular ride. No half self respecting man would involve themselves with a girl THAT unhinged just for the ride.

Reactions: 7
How fucked in the head would you need to be to be the hidden side piece of a lad who has a pretend girlfriend who "is a lasher" , as in you're clearly not attractive enough to be the main piece 🙈🙈🙈

They psychiatrists would have a field day with this wan and her twenty personalities

• Haha
Reactions: 25
What about that poster saying he and his fiancee knew her? The story made them sound awful. 'Luring' her to an apt and 'interrogating' her.....sounds to me like Niamh has a new account. 😂

Reactions: 12
I'd say Niamh is absolutely unreal in bed. something so so filthy about her makes me think she'd be amazing

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'd say Niamh is absolutely unreal in bed. something so so filthy about her makes me think she'd be amazing
Nah I don't think so. She wouldn't be in it at all, her head would be that fried trying to remember all her lies over the last 10 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

He'd need to be a complete dick (or have some issues himself) though to go along with thon mad one's batshit crazy antics, even if it for the regular ride. No half self respecting man would involve themselves with a girl THAT unhinged just for the ride.
Absolutely! He has to be completely batshit too or else she had something over him ! I dunno it’s all a bit fucked my head was spinning in ep 2 so how they kept up with it all for so long over multiple accounts is beyond me . I would say she’s not well but sounds like she’s had plenty of chances to nip her behavior in the bud but kept going on and on so I really have zero sympathy for her now… way too much time on her hands and way too sad an existence she’s living if that’s how she gets her kicks . Would really love to know the truth but doubt we ever will.
hopefully there will be sn update on the pod soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

No

I can't be the only one thinking that these non contact girlfriends of the internet were very convenient beards for him.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.